Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:13:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
SplinterZalinsk

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:46:39 PM

Can anyone speak to the customs/import fees per machine when shipping to the US?

I would also like to know more about this... I bought 4 units (to be delivered via UPS). So the miners will arrive right at my house? Or will be held somewhere awaiting some payment for release or something?

I got a bill from fedex for about 25 bucks per machine a few weeks after delivery.

After delivery?! I didn't expect this... This is strange because what if you do not pay this bill?
How many units did you buy? Has anyone else been through this in US?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:00:01 PM

People are speculating about a difficulty "explosion" for several months... Many said that at that point the difficulty would be around 400k, 500k, 600k... BS! It's still above 280K!! Obviously the difficulty will grow considerably until the end of the year. But all predictions about the difficulty since the beginning of the year have gone VERY far from the truth. I'm expecting a considerable increase as I said, but people saying it will grow 3x until October... No way! Most people are mining other coins with L3+ (not litecoin).

You do realize they haven't shipped out any units in the second batch yet right? The April/May shipments were their first batch, the pretty much tripled scrypt has that we see now. The next shipments are going to start going out now, and these batches are going to be 2-3 times the shipments from he initial.

Diff will be way over 500k by end of September just from bitmain alone, and thats not including however many BW will make.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:18:46 PM

People are speculating about a difficulty "explosion" for several months... Many said that at that point the difficulty would be around 400k, 500k, 600k... BS! It's still above 280K!! Obviously the difficulty will grow considerably until the end of the year. But all predictions about the difficulty since the beginning of the year have gone VERY far from the truth. I'm expecting a considerable increase as I said, but people saying it will grow 3x until October... No way! Most people are mining other coins with L3+ (not litecoin).

You do realize they haven't shipped out any units in the second batch yet right? The April/May shipments were their first batch, the pretty much tripled scrypt has that we see now. The next shipments are going to start going out now, and these batches are going to be 2-3 times the shipments from he initial.

Diff will be way over 500k by end of September just from bitmain alone, and thats not including however many BW will make.

I call BS.  How do you know its 2-3 times as many machines? You can't even put a number on the april/May batch....

Stop spreading fud!   Will difficulty increase? of course but stfu with rumors and other bullshit you don't know shit about.... 

Beside that diff went from 125 to 270 thats not tripled....

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Albortz

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:21:37 PM

In general,

Here in Europe... ( for me personally there wasn't much point getting them from China ). Custom and import fees would easily put an extra 500 to 600 euro on top if the catch you. Wich, they will where I live ( specially with all the terrorism ) anything larger than a pen gets checked!!
So I bought one from the Europe distribution point. A bit more expensive.. bud in return 2-year warranty ( mandatory in the Europian Union ). Easy access if something breaks, https://www.antminerdistribution.com/ that's the website.

The company is legit check all the registers for the company registration.

For the future hard to say..., I took the risk. Think that if you... wager the chance of success against failure there are enough outs to value the amount of money needed to buy one. Even dough it is overpriced and the market is in a bubble. I am newer to cryptos...so just think with common sense .....

or end up as a Donkey or Monkey  Smiley Smiley Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin,

Greetings

They do not charge you 50% import tax.... Thats simply not true. Not in europe. It will be around 200€ for your miner and PSU max.

Beside that, it has to get checked at customs (highly unlikely due to the load) and even if, you can easily get the import tax refunded. So I would not order with AD.

Beside, if you get some problems, all they do is send it back to china and if there is a major flaw, they will receive the right for coupons.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Varijotas

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:43:04 PM

Well I placed an order yesterday for 1 machine, and paid with bank transfer.
When I login to bitmain.com today, I don't see any orders at all, when yesterday it was showing, just unpaid.
In fact I commit to buy one for bitcoins, but then realized I won't be able to buy so much bitcoins in one go so quickly, as they need payment in one hour, so bought another with bank payment just after that.
Maybe they deleted  both orders not just first one.
When I log in I can't see "User Centre" in my profile menu.
Is that normal with them? Or should I contact customer support?

kalombo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:01:07 PM

contact them it's not normal.
When you pay with BTC or LTC  etc.. the status changes to PAID within 30 minutes. It's fast.

Wire transfer takes about 4 business days to reach them. I bought units with bank wire and also LTC payments , so i can tell you.

But it's not normal that you dont have any orders. If you delay too much to send a wire, the status goes to EXPIRED, but still the order shows in the MY ORDERS category.

Varijotas

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:15:38 PM

Finally I can see my orders. The problem was, bitmain.com was working, but shop.bitmain.com was down last hour or so.
Thanks tho
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:47:52 PM

I call BS.  How do you know its 2-3 times as many machines? You can't even put a number on the april/May batch....

Stop spreading fud!   Will difficulty increase? of course but stfu with rumors and other bullshit you don't know shit about.... 

Lol ok buddy, love how newbs like you come on here and tell veteran members to stfu like YOU actually know what your talking about just because you don't like what you hear. I don't pull these numbers out of my ass, and making an informed post for people buying these so they can better gauge their expectations.

I build scrypt miners, and have personal relationships with all the main scrypt chipmakers. Now on to correct YOUR FUD.

Bitmain started shipping in the initial L3+ batches between mid April to End of May, diff went from 90k to 275k, thats actually exactly 3x...sorry you can't do simple maths. In that time they shipped about 10-12k units (this is a conservative estimate since some hash is not all on the LTC network). Being conservative again we can assume they will ship out another 10k in the coming batches between mid july to September. That will be an additional 5-6TH to the network bringing difficulty in the 450-500k range.

This is not including the shipments from BW (which I personal know the exact number of chips they are ordering since I'm ordering chips from them). I wont scare you with those numbers either in an effort not to provoke a rage session from you Wink

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
notreya

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:01:43 PM

Bitmain started shipping in the initial L3+ batches between mid April to End of May, diff went from 90k to 275k, thats actually exactly 3x...sorry you can't do simple maths. In that time they shipped about 10-12k units (this is a conservative estimate since some hash is not all on the LTC network). Being conservative again we can assume they will ship out another 10k in the coming batches between mid july to September. That will be an additional 5-6TH to the network bringing difficulty in the 450-500k range. 

I just ordered an L3+ for end of september. Lol am I screwed?
Alcahest

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:08:36 PM

Hello ! Do you Know where can i buy a Antminer L3+ in Europe ?

On Bitmain website there is no stock anymore...
Thank you !
MinersNow

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:37:24 PM

Thank you !

You can buy directly from our site www.minersnow.com
As of today we have 10 more left in stock currently and promise the cheapest prices to our customers for the July batch. Nothing in pre-order, it is a direct shipment made weekly from South Korea warehouse, and if you would like, we first send the goods to our Poland transfer centre and deliver them within Europe from there.

We hope you will consider us. Thank you.
SplinterZalinsk

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:16:39 PM

Lol ok buddy, love how newbs like you come on here and tell veteran members to stfu like YOU actually know what your talking about just because you don't like what you hear. I don't pull these numbers out of my ass, and making an informed post for people buying these so they can better gauge their expectations.

I build scrypt miners, and have personal relationships with all the main scrypt chipmakers. Now on to correct YOUR FUD.

This is not including the shipments from BW (which I personal know the exact number of chips they are ordering since I'm ordering chips from them). I wont scare you with those numbers either in an effort not to provoke a rage session from you Wink

The problem is that some people make purely speculative statements as if they were facts. At the end of September I come back here to show that diff will be below 500k (or not)... we'll see who's right Smiley
Duce

Activity: 175

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:18:38 PM

L3+ still available, S9 sold out.
SplinterZalinsk

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:19:52 PM

Can anyone speak to the customs/import fees per machine when shipping to the US?

I would also like to know more about this... I bought 4 units (to be delivered via UPS). So the miners will arrive right at my house? Or will be held somewhere awaiting some payment for release or something?

I got a bill from fedex for about 25 bucks per machine a few weeks after delivery.

After delivery?! I didn't expect this... This is strange because what if you do not pay this bill?
How many units did you buy? Has anyone else been through this in US?

Is there anyone from United States who has already bought and received some units can help us with that?
Krisso

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:30:42 PM

For what its worth, this is by far the best analysis for the L3+ profitability and diff development:

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/6m1842/antminer_l3_seems_not_profitable_at_all/
https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/6l75zs/will_antminer_l3_still_be_worth_at_october_2018/
https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/6jv0im/future_difficulty_analysis_as_a_result_of_asics/

Oh and read the comments, tons of valuable information and estimates there.

The baseline still holds: If you are getting your L3+ in September you are loosing 2 months of mining and difficulty will raise. Thus profitability will be lower. Litecoin can obviously explode. Mining profitability will still be acceptable then, but to ROI you rather sell for the asic for 50% of the original price and get the rest over mining before you do so.

Albortz

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:51:46 PM

Well at least you present some facts. I value that a lot  Wink

First Im not a noob just because I registered a new account here. I have been involved in mining since 2011, have been around the first crypto casinos as well as exchanges like bitcoin24...

I know my shit around the deep web just as well as around the general mining and trading area...

99% of all people commenting in here, are doing nothing else than speculating based on their wet dreams. Go back a couple of pages and you will see only a small hand of people actually stating they are only estimating or that they have no clue and are guessing.

To your numbers:

You are close, but you are missing hashnest rentals. The last batch on hash nest itself was less than 4k units. The batches sold before that between 1-2.5k units.

Calculating that in, and also the fact, that a lot of units are used to mine other script coins more profitable, the batches sold are not that many.

Regarding your 90k difficulty, the first batch was sold 15th of april. assuming they need at least 5 business days to be shipped, received (right threw customs and fired up) we can clearly see that difficulty was around 125k already before the majority of people received them...

Oh and if I remember correctly Bitmain did not even send them until end of April, supporting my statement even further.

Apr 18 2017   102,267   9.95%   2,928 GH/s
Apr 20 2017   132,016   29.09%   3,780 GH/s
Apr 24 2017   131,639   -0.29%   3,769 GH/s
Apr 27 2017   146,318   11.15%   4,190 GH/s

Another pointer is that the total network doubled after the 25th roughly....  

If you would have posted your responds from the beginning I would have not attacked you and you would have established what you wanted. But just because you have 500 posts, does not mean what you write is different from the FUD of all the other trolls post.

And please go ahead and read some of my posts and you will see, that I try to do the same thing you do. Inform others and try to prevent some big mistakes like tax problems in case of the Giga watt project...

But yeah I kinda like you now that you have presented me with facts and I am now able to understand where your calculation is based upon.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
mountaintop1

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:02:24 PM

Thank you !

As of today we have 10 more left in stock currently and promise the cheapest prices to our customers for the July batch. Nothing in pre-order, it is a direct shipment made weekly from South Korea warehouse, and if you would like, we first send the goods to our Poland transfer centre and deliver them within Europe from there.

Is this a legit site?

Is it safe to buy from this site?
kalombo

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:07:11 PM

Guys,

if that guy was buying 40 L3+ for the september batch let's say

that's

40 x 2000$us  = 80,000$ ( add 10k$ for shipping and customs ) , so 90,000$us to purchase.

I know thats 32,000W of electricity.

If he starts mining on the 1st of October, assuming the difficulty will 450,000 by then,

He will mine:

Hourly   0.93877193   0.01794203   $41.96   $4.16   $0.00   $37.80
Daily           22.53052626   0.43060883   $1,007.10   $99.84   $0.00   $907.26
Weekly   157.71368385   3.01426178   $7,049.67   $698.88   $0.00   $6,350.79
Monthly   675.91578791   12.91826476   $30,212.85   $2,995.20   $0.00   $27,217.65
Annually   8223.64208629   157.17222123   $367,589.68   $36,441.60   $0.00   $331,148.08

Yes, he will mine 675LTC that month , worth 27,217$us clean ( bills paid )

Let's imagine November, with difficulty raising again at 500,000 ,

He will still make 24,200$us in November.

In other words, he will get back his money that's for sure.

Remember that there is also a 1-2 months break in between batches that are shipped, so difficulty doesn't increase 40% per month every month.

A smart thing to do, is that if you make 675LTC a month like that guy with the miners, is to buy 1 additional unit a month for 40LTC, in order to compensate for the difficulty rise.

Obviously those machines will get outdated at one point. It is wise to sell some before that if possible, because they are the best and fastest LTC miner till now..

But if you think about it , the same happens with Genesis, you buy 2 year contract, but difficulty goes up, so you upgrade and buy a bit of hash power every month so that you can still get your desired results.

Happy mining people!
Albortz

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:07:35 PM

Thank you !

Is this a legit site?

I would watch out. We have a topic here about them.  They are brand new and do not accept escrow....   Smells fishy

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:08:43 PM

Thank you !

Is this a legit site?

A HUGE NO!  

1. New user with no reputation here on the forum.
2. Some community members have done some digging and there are problems with the whois record for the web site, and the names, and phone numbers.  
3. It is pretty normal for people selling stuff if they DO NOT have a reputation of trust here on the forum to offer to sell the items through an escrow service here on the forum, or to take payments with Paypal or other secure methods that give you recourse.  

This user/web site will not do that.  So unless you really want to throw your money away do not order with them.

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: