Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:36:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How much risk in bitcoin investement ?  (Read 71502 times)
Gilf

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:12:49 AM

its very risky and that makes it so fun Smiley
Bitcoin investment is not that risky if you just know when to buy and when to sell. Every investment has risk but there is a possibility for every investor to minimize or get a less risk when investing by doing study about the news and also analyzing the market very well and because of those two there will be just a small chance of getting loss and also you will get a lesser risk than before.
While what you say is correct, we need to have a plan, many newbies buy bitcoin without knowing what to expect and at the first sight of problems they sell not knowing that bitcoin is very variable and losing 10% in a day is not much for us, but a newbie gets scared and they lose money that way.
The mistakes that we make with bitcoin leads for a loss. For this users misquote it as a risky investment. We cannot deny that investment with bitcoin has got risk but the risk can be overcome and profited based on the knowledge we acquire before starting to use bitcoin.
Its easy for you to say that you just need to know when to Buy and Sell Bitcoin, but it is harder than that as of right now we are on the 1500$ level quickly you really don't know if it will have a price correction or it will continue to go up. With that being said Technical Analysis is one of the best ways to predict the market but it is not a guaranteed way that your predictions is accurate. Bitcoin investment is really one of the risky investments out there because you don't know where it will go, that is why trading is the best for it.

I agree with your opinion, and maybe you can give more details about the technical as well as the best solution for investment in order not to lose money
Are you really looking to get original tips for where and how to better invest your Bitcoin? I was already convinced that it was necessary to experiment in practice. Only he himself understood the investment kitchen, you can earn without losing your finances.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:55:39 AM

Bitcoin investment is not that risky if you just know when to buy and when to sell. Every investment has risk but there is a possibility for every investor to minimize or get a less risk when investing by doing study about the news and also analyzing the market very well and because of those two there will be just a small chance of getting loss and also you will get a lesser risk than before.
While what you say is correct, we need to have a plan, many newbies buy bitcoin without knowing what to expect and at the first sight of problems they sell not knowing that bitcoin is very variable and losing 10% in a day is not much for us, but a newbie gets scared and they lose money that way.
The mistakes that we make with bitcoin leads for a loss. For this users misquote it as a risky investment. We cannot deny that investment with bitcoin has got risk but the risk can be overcome and profited based on the knowledge we acquire before starting to use bitcoin.
Its easy for you to say that you just need to know when to Buy and Sell Bitcoin, but it is harder than that as of right now we are on the 1500$ level quickly you really don't know if it will have a price correction or it will continue to go up. With that being said Technical Analysis is one of the best ways to predict the market but it is not a guaranteed way that your predictions is accurate. Bitcoin investment is really one of the risky investments out there because you don't know where it will go, that is why trading is the best for it.

I agree with your opinion, and maybe you can give more details about the technical as well as the best solution for investment in order not to lose money

For now , holding bitcoin is the wise option since bitcoin is on up trend. It was amazing that bitcoin almost on decrease on this year instead it's keep increase overtime.
I'm glad that bitcoin can beat other investment although bitcoin still well known as risky investment
the way its keeps on increasing day by day. i think at this stage its price higher ever and it will rise upto some extend at the end of this year. i suggest to invest in it right now but although this is a riskey decission and you have to take risk in these situations.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:12:42 AM

For now , holding bitcoin is the wise option since bitcoin is on up trend. It was amazing that bitcoin almost on decrease on this year instead it's keep increase overtime.
I'm glad that bitcoin can beat other investment although bitcoin still well known as risky investment
the way its keeps on increasing day by day. i think at this stage its price higher ever and it will rise upto some extend at the end of this year. i suggest to invest in it right now but although this is a riskey decission and you have to take risk in these situations.
Anytime and any king of investment with bitcoin is risky because we can't see the future if the future will be good or bad because we are only basing to the situations that are currently going on. If you want to lessen the risk of investment in bitcoin then you can do two things, the first thing it to buy a lot of bitcoins now and keep it for long term and you will earn money and the second one is to buy bitcoin regularly so you are getting the average price each month and you have a lower risk because you are not just buying in one time.
SpectivVR

Activity: 364

Spectiv Crowdsale: December 8th

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 09:11:13 AM

Buying bitcoin has its risk just as any other investment does, but it has been the top performing currency in the world several of the past years. Bitcoin definitely has its ups and downs though.

SpectivVR                                                           Crowdsale: 12/08 - 12/29
VR Streaming Platform & Attention Markets                    [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk   |   Slack   |   Twitter   |   LinkedIn   |   Medium   |   Facebook   |   Instagram
PanZerrr

Activity: 243

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:20:39 AM

Buying bitcoin has its risk just as any other investment does, but it has been the top performing currency in the world several of the past years. Bitcoin definitely has its ups and downs though.

Just need to buy for the amount of money that it is not a pity to lose and do not store all the funds in one basket. Bitcoin is still the best currency, but everything can change at any time.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:12:18 AM

I don’t know why people are so obsessed to try to squeeze every cent out of the market at the 1500 almost everyone must be on the green zone and being able to get some profits, if you feel like selling then do it bitcoin is not going to be 10000 overnight you can always buy again when you feel more comfortable with your prediction.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:31:13 AM

I don’t know why people are so obsessed to try to squeeze every cent out of the market at the 1500 almost everyone must be on the green zone and being able to get some profits, if you feel like selling then do it bitcoin is not going to be 10000 overnight you can always buy again when you feel more comfortable with your prediction.

They are obsessed cause they don't wish to sell on 1500 and to see 1700 in couple days, and that is not couple cents, if you have more then couple bitcoins that can already be 1000 dollars lost just for hurrying.
I also think that it's easy to talk about right moments for trading, but when you risking a lot and steaks are high it's hard to stay calm and do the right thing, and to add on that that here most of us trade on luck or we follow some good trader's and that make risking even harder. Probably best thing to do is to always be green and sell with some profit.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:47:10 AM

Just need to buy for the amount of money that it is not a pity to lose and do not store all the funds in one basket. Bitcoin is still the best currency, but everything can change at any time.
I agree with you. Buying bitcoins from all of our money is very risky and i think it is better if we just put just a small amount of our money in bitcoin so if something happen like the price of bitcoin goes very low then still we can cope it and we will not be that person who regrets a lot. Investment is all about discipline and having a great dedication but always remember that don't be greedy because greediness often lead to loss.
Punakawan

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:53:31 AM

I think all investments have the same risk that is lost, the most important is that we have to be smart when doing buy and sell, don't hold it too long because of the unstable price.
Kray

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:25:25 AM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.

As much as money you have and you want to spend for btc. At current price 1 BTC = $1600++, it's very high to buy, another option is buy altoin to invest. Make sure you choose good and famous altcoin not shitcoin that will ruin your money
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 07:11:42 AM

I think all investments have the same risk that is lost, the most important is that we have to be smart when doing buy and sell, don't hold it too long because of the unstable price.
YES! When it comes to investing in Bitcoin, few risks will appear. I mean every investment you should enter with the risk. We all normally always good expectation from our investment, make good profit. Is there any guarantee that you will success. It mostly depends your skill, how you smart in this platform, how have the ability to take risks and how you have researched the ongoing market.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:57:06 AM

YES! When it comes to investing in Bitcoin, few risks will appear. I mean every investment you should enter with the risk. We all normally always good expectation from our investment, make good profit. Is there any guarantee that you will success. It mostly depends your skill, how you smart in this platform, how have the ability to take risks and how you have researched the ongoing market.

In every investment there is always a risk and that is true that if you have the skills and ability to manage you're emotions, and you know how to handle certain situation which you likely to be discourage with market price trend. If you have the patience on anything specially on your btc holdings that feared to loss it's profit, but you have the positive motivations despite of 100% risk of bitcoin investment. The important thing is you remained calm always as price will rise back again from time to time.
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:59:00 PM

I am not sure that there is someone on the forum who will tell you exact detail for the solutions on the investment. For this purpose people use to avail the services of the portfolio managers.

In the traditional exchanges we see the portfolio managers charging heavy amounts for their services. It is because that the proper work needed for it is quite more time consuming as well as the research and analysis is not that easy task. Here you have to use your own mind. 

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
missmarvel

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 05:05:13 PM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.

3-4 btc doesnt mean much without knowing your total portfolio value

If you have assets of 100 (e.g. in silver, bonds etc) then 3-4 btc isn't much of a risk
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 05:22:58 PM

I think that no one really knows what will happen in the future,
We don't really know when will the bitcoin price would decrease or when will it increase,
So we don't really know how much risk will it be to invest in bitcoin right now we might loss some money but still we can earn some profit through it.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:23:04 PM

I think that everybody here knows that bitcoin actually provides big risk as a asset to hold, even in such an event of very high price rise.
It is because the movement of on the price chart are very volatile: you cannot really expect anything from market, something may happen that will cause some part of your money to vanquish.

But we need to remember that every single investment we can make will contain a risk factor, not only in cryptocurrency world but also in real world. It means that we need to figure out what is the best solution for the amount of funds we have saved for such a purposes: if you prefer to risk a big part of them to have big returns, or to just stay safe, for constant small profits, it is all up to you.

Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:52:00 PM

Allot of of risk is in bitcoin investment, you have to think smart and know where to placed your
bitcoin as an investment for long term basis.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
jikurpa

Activity: 665

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:03:51 PM

Allot of of risk is in bitcoin investment, you have to think smart and know where to placed your
bitcoin as an investment for long term basis.

Investing in bitcoin is very risky, and I think it's worth the profit we'll get. A very volatile price increases the risk of loss or gain.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:17:48 PM

Yeah like any other currency and business the bitcoin also has a variation regarding its price in the market by both going down and up. The good thing about the bitcoin is that the increase in the price of the bitcoin is witnessed more than that of the decrease since the last three years which is better for the bitcoin investors.

Like any investment type, bitcoin investment also has risks but in longer haul all the risks associated are getting eliminated as prices always grow over time  due to new people coming in and investing.
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:37:58 PM

I think it was the past when bitcoin was well-known for investment as now no one is losing their money in bitcoin and I am from beginning investing in bitcoin which took more than a year and in that whole time period I have not lost my money in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: