Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:27:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How much risk in bitcoin investement ?  (Read 71502 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:39:45 AM

Despite Bitcoin’s impressive annualized returns since its inception in 2009, the reality is that the currency is still in its infancy and no one knows whether it will really become globally accepted or whether it will eventually disappear. This uncertainty surrounding Bitcoin’s future is reflected in its price volatility.

There is an old saying in English. It is like this: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. If Bitcoin survives all these latest scaling issues and problems with delayed confirmation, then it will once again emerge as the most dominant crypto-currency. I don't know whether it will get globally accepted or not, but the user base is going to increase rapidly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:48:22 AM

Despite Bitcoin’s impressive annualized returns since its inception in 2009, the reality is that the currency is still in its infancy and no one knows whether it will really become globally accepted or whether it will eventually disappear. This uncertainty surrounding Bitcoin’s future is reflected in its price volatility.

There is an old saying in English. It is like this: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. If Bitcoin survives all these latest scaling issues and problems with delayed confirmation, then it will once again emerge as the most dominant crypto-currency. I don't know whether it will get globally accepted or not, but the user base is going to increase rapidly.
While more and more speculations are showing either good or bad the reality still be same as bitcoin continue being supported by many people around the world it cant be stop no matter how correction and issue show up still it will continue to rise up and this is a god investment for the long term.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:08:55 AM

i strongly believe bitcoin will bounce back and keep growing but investing in a crypto-currency in the first place is taking risk so just be firm and have hope. with the wallet i also believe the wave lite client wallet is very good you might want to try it
the price is now trading above 2600$ so its mean that it s already bounce back and hope that if this increasing rate will continue then there are more possibilities that the price of bitcoin will cross 3000$ in next few days and after that will continue o reach to 4000$.
That is not what we believe but actually what we hope and not always a hope turns into reality. When I bought some bitcoins last year I had the same plans but the price was quite stable and even there was little downfalls too. I know that happens but when you are buying a large amount and you see a little swing, trust me it almost gives a heart break.
shine1123

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:11:28 AM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.

Imagine if you are buying bitcoin on that day, you will gain mass profit for right now. Because the price of bitcoin is on top price. Bitcoin's price can decrease easily and increase easily though and i think today is still the right time to buy the bitcoin.

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄  
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:32:08 AM

There will always be a risk in any investment you make. The time you bought Bitcoin or you hold your Bitcoin is considered as an investment already and has a risk because the price is unstable and price might drop or goes up. We can't compute how much is the risk but i am only sure that there is always a risk everytime you are holding Bitcoin or any crypto currency.
I agree with you crypto is quite unstable and that nature though allows us to trade more frequently that we would imagine but that also enables less trust in the asset as we are not sure if we sell some gold and buy bitcoins will the price be same or higher in next 10 years.

I mean, I am not against bitcoins but really if you are holding large numbers and the price is wining like fun, it makes anyone just sell them and play safe unless the guy is a risk taker with enough bankroll to manage in case of loss.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:47:59 AM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.

There is no certainty, my friend. But I guess the future of bitcoin is bright. There is really no threat to its increasing value. There are fluctuations along the way but the general trend is upward. However, there is still a considerable risk involved as we really cannot tell what happens to bitcoin several years from now. I think the best thing to do is not to put all your savings into it. 3-5 btc is already a significant amount. Also, you may try some other cryptos. Etherium is also fast rising.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:48:35 AM

Bitcoin price can either increase or decrease as per the increase or decrease in demand for bitcoin.There is no cenral authority to control bitcoin price and its price is driven by support from community.But since bitcoin adoption is increasing world wide,we could guess that its price would surely increase.
lady Royal

Activity: 720

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 09:27:41 AM

Imagine if you are buying bitcoin on that day, you will gain mass profit for right now. Because the price of bitcoin is on top price. Bitcoin's price can decrease easily and increase easily though and i think today is still the right time to buy the bitcoin.

Exactly, But Imagine you have bought Bitcoins and Bitcoins price goes down very rapidly in few hours and you are away from your wallet and your computer you will lose your money,So, Their is a big risk in investing in Bitcoin unless you are going to give your full time to Bitcoin.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Dhimas Kanjeng

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:27:51 AM

Although very profitable, but also very risky bitcoin investments, this is because there is no guarantee of any company or agency, so that only appropriate bitcoin market needs.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     COVEX  |  One Stop Trading Platform      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|  |  |  |  Fast & Reliable  |  Real Time  |  Secure  |  Sharing Fees  |  |  |  |
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook     ██  PRE-ICO: MAY 12TH  ██     Twitter  Reddit  Medium
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:38:13 AM

Yeah this is a shit sad but a truth at all we dont know if bitcoins would be really accepted by the government and if bitcoins would be in our physical wallets in the future

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:39:53 AM

Although very profitable, but also very risky bitcoin investments, this is because there is no guarantee of any company or agency, so that only appropriate bitcoin market needs.
As long as you know what you are doing then it is not that risky because you know how to manage your money and the risk so you are not prone in losing money. Bitcoin investment is a good investment even though it is not easy to understand for an average person but if that average person will just buy and hold and even though he didn't know what he is doing, he can still make money in long term investment.
hakanbalta5777

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:08:08 AM

Bitcoin IS a high risk investment particularly for those intending to hold as short term, the price can (and did, multiple times before) lose 25% or more of the invested USD value in a single day, The price eventually recovered and now is the highest value in these days, but it is still a risky investment, which is why you should be prepared before making a big bitcoin investment.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:10:09 AM

I have seen this question many times and i will continue to answer it the way I usually do. Every investment out there is not 100% safe. If you invested in gold and thought it was safe, think again, the government could seize it like in the great depression. What about leaving your money in the bank, the bank may go bankrupt and you wouldn’t get your money back. Thinking about investing in the stock market, the whole thing could crash the next day. Same with bitcoin, no investment will be 100% safe and have profit, that is just too good to be true.

Even though with these risks, I would still invest in bitcoin since it seems to be a good option out there and it seems to be on a steady rise up. But, don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify your portfolio. Have some money in everything. This, in my opinion is the safest investment option.
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:13:49 AM

Risk in bitcoins has risk also not like what other saying that it is risk free,all type of investment specially paid investments are risky there is a chance that your money may be lost so its still risky specially if you will buy at this current stage and rate

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Em00n01

Activity: 737
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:41:57 AM

There are a lot of risk in bitcoin investment.  Temporary hyipe sites are responsible for this. All of us want to make money fast. Hyipe sites attached us by giving a lot of roi in a short moment and scam after giving 1 or 2 payment at a time.  I don't see any investment site which was last long.

████████████           CYBERTRADE          || |   |    |     MMO RPG FUTURISTIC          ████████████
||     Twitter     ||||   Telegram   ||||     TikTok     ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:46:19 AM

Bitcoin price can either increase or decrease as per the increase or decrease in demand for bitcoin.There is no cenral authority to control bitcoin price and its price is driven by support from community.But since bitcoin adoption is increasing world wide,we could guess that its price would surely increase.
yes the only reason for which the price of bitcoin is increasing is the interest of the people, if people are interested in bitcoin and they will try toy buy and invest money there so the demand of bitcoin will increase and with the increasing demand of bitcoin the price will continue to increase, therefore i am also sure that the price of bitcoin will continue to increase.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:00:21 PM

Every thing you make earning bitcoins has risk , Even doing jobs like promoting and joining a campaign has risk because you invest your time to do the job and there are a chance that you wont be payed (very low risk) . One of the most high risk in earning is gambling and investing , Gambling is the most well know earning here in cryptoworld and we know that we can earn bitcoins very fast but in the other side we can lose too fast too thats why it is very risky. In investing it has different types like investing on a cloudmining , hyip , gambling site and ICO .
First of all, gambling is not at all in any words a investment because investment means where you buy something and believe the price to go up and then sell it when you believe it has reached the peak. Gambling is just one way and it's like running in the race with a step behind as the house edge acts against you.
Then too, yeah risk is always there in trading, holding, etc because price changes very much unexpectedly.
South Park

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:58:23 PM

Bitcoin IS a high risk investment particularly for those intending to hold as short term, the price can (and did, multiple times before) lose 25% or more of the invested USD value in a single day, The price eventually recovered and now is the highest value in these days, but it is still a risky investment, which is why you should be prepared before making a big bitcoin investment.
Correct in the long term bitcoin is more or less predictable, it will go up, that is the way things have been on average, but when it comes to the short term bitcoin is impossible to predict, and due to the high volatility of bitcoin the chances of losing of money when trying to hold for the short term are  very high compared to the long term chances

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:18:26 PM

Correct in the long term bitcoin is more or less predictable, it will go up, that is the way things have been on average, but when it comes to the short term bitcoin is impossible to predict, and due to the high volatility of bitcoin the chances of losing of money when trying to hold for the short term are  very high compared to the long term chances
Bitcoin investment is too risky. If we want to earn we must be ready to risk. Everything that can make our money grows has a risk. And if we are able to accept the risk and face it and then we will pass the risk for sure.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2091

Cashback 15%

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:28:48 PM

I have seen this question many times and i will continue to answer it the way I usually do. Every investment out there is not 100% safe. If you invested in gold and thought it was safe, think again, the government could seize it like in the great depression. What about leaving your money in the bank, the bank may go bankrupt and you wouldn’t get your money back. Thinking about investing in the stock market, the whole thing could crash the next day. Same with bitcoin, no investment will be 100% safe and have profit, that is just too good to be true.

Gold is not even a 100% safe investment without government meddling. Looking at the gold price of the last few decades it's far from a safe bet. There have been growth spurts in the past, but also long times of slow stagnation.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: