Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How much risk in bitcoin investement ?  (Read 71502 times)
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:22:59 AM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.
Every investment is risky and bitcoin investment is also risky.But as far as i know,im following the bitcoin price movement for the past two years.There were some issues and lots of rumours that bitcoin is going to die,but bitcoin quietly overcome such situations and its price is $1735 today.So invest in bitcoin only on a long term basis.Bitcoin is an innovative digital currency gaining more importance day by day and being adopted by more countries nowadays.So you can invest in bitcoin.

We can really invest in bitcoin for I believe it will never to happen that it will die since it is adopt by many and its value is really amazingly increasing every now and then so don't worry too much bitcoin will continue to live until it will be known by many.

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:27:54 PM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.
Every investment is risky and bitcoin investment is also risky.But as far as i know,im following the bitcoin price movement for the past two years.There were some issues and lots of rumours that bitcoin is going to die,but bitcoin quietly overcome such situations and its price is $1735 today.So invest in bitcoin only on a long term basis.Bitcoin is an innovative digital currency gaining more importance day by day and being adopted by more countries nowadays.So you can invest in bitcoin.

We can really invest in bitcoin for I believe it will never to happen that it will die since it is adopt by many and its value is really amazingly increasing every now and then so don't worry too much bitcoin will continue to live until it will be known by many.

I have put I very trust in bitcoin that it will never dissipates, but what if a solar flare would really occur? then the electronic gadgets, cellphones, all gadgets, it will literally become a stone age of life for us and it is a total restart for humanity and even internet will be gone too, what do you think about bitcoin? is it going to restart the process of being nothing? I think I should post it as a topic, but getting to your post I think that nothing last forever but I wish that bitcoin will last as long as the earth still revolves, because of the good quality bitcoin has to offer for us and it is doing an amazing job increasing in value right now!
RealSohan

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

Hello Bitcoiner

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:14:34 PM

Not only bitcoins in every business or investment has some risk.
If we can invest bitcoins in right away then we can overcome it's any risk.
After all some risk will stay in it.....
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:19:57 PM

Yup its good to invest in Bitcoin on the long term basis but the problem is in there is you don't know when to buy to maximize your profit, because a long the way its now always ups but there are also downs in which is the right time to buy Bitcoin as it is where it is priced at the lowest value ever. At that point you have created a margin of safety in which you know that when it falls you are sure you won't be affected too much as you created a base from the start. 

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:25:05 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 11:38:47 AM by btcjoin14

You’re right, pretty much anything that involves money has a risk to it. I am trying to get more Bitcoin to hold onto so I will be able to see the price rise while watching the uptrend of Bitcoin as well. Bitcoin has a little bit of a risk to it though I think that the risk is pretty minimal compared to most investments that are out there such as Forex, Stocks and certain Precious Metals ETF’s since they are not physical or limited.
nmaryrai

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:07:45 PM

Very risky. Because bitcoin is an unstable currency. Bitcoin is not regulated by the central bank. That is, Investors may face extreme instability in bitcoin exchange rates. There are risks that can pose considerable harm to the entire investment. We can not accurately estimate Bitcoin prices from year to year. Because money is on the internet.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:19:12 PM

Very risky. Because bitcoin is an unstable currency. Bitcoin is not regulated by the central bank. That is, Investors may face extreme instability in bitcoin exchange rates. There are risks that can pose considerable harm to the entire investment. We can not accurately estimate Bitcoin prices from year to year. Because money is on the internet.

The volatility is one of the main reasons non crypto traders head over to Bitcoin. For them the intensity of the volatility that is connected to Bitcoin is an advantage instead of a negative aspect. If you're looking at investors, and then mainly the long term minded ones -- they don't care about the volatility as they are just interested in the profit after say a year or two. It's true that there is no way to know how much the price will go up, but everyone can see how much future potential Bitcoin has. Bitcoin as we speak is still a tiny dot, don't forget that.
charlescoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:26:38 PM

The volatility is one of the main reasons non crypto traders head over to Bitcoin. For them the intensity of the volatility that is connected to Bitcoin is an advantage instead of a negative aspect. If you're looking at investors, and then mainly the long term minded ones -- they don't care about the volatility as they are just interested in the profit after say a year or two. It's true that there is no way to know how much the price will go up, but everyone can see how much future potential Bitcoin has. Bitcoin as we speak is still a tiny dot, don't forget that.

Bitcoiners see the potential bitcoin has, but almost everyone else doesn't. Granted they may come around and see the potential as people eventually did with the internet except bitcoin is less invasive into peoples lives than a technology like the internet. Bitcoin's potential is the potential you see which is biased in your own point of view. Most bitcoiners believe so hard in the technology but don't even understand it. My point is don't let your bias blind you as it does to most bitcoiners.

Personally I'm much more bullish about the potential for blockchain technologies, but bitcoin isn't necessary for that and there are millions of altcoins with as much if not more potential than bitcoin.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:23:49 AM

Its depend on the site the ypu invested your bitcoin but you can multiply it easy with some knowledgr and also depends on the price you buy your bitcoin to get a high cashback in the inbestment buy bitcoin when the price is low the risk is also low.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:13:31 AM

There is no proof of answer to this question. That's all speculation. The risk is definitely there, every investment. But I think the price down in the long run has a very small chance. But in the short term because some things are going down but it will not last long. But there are other risks that people usually forget, when you use bitcoin you are responsible for keeping your private key (your wallet) safe. You fail to do that, you will lose your money. This risk is very manageable, because you can only learn to create a safe wallet.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Big R94

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:14:54 AM

yes,you are right.In every business or investment has some risk.Recently i am investing another site and there have 50% risk.
but i want to know that what do you mean by right way in bitcoin?
if bitcoin price has fallen down then how can we overcome?
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:20:55 AM

yes,you are right.In every business or investment has some risk.Recently i am investing another site and there have 50% risk.

50% risk investment? How do you calculate it?

Looks a very risky investment to put a lot of money on it, could you share more informations about this investment modality?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:23:58 AM

Its depend on the site the ypu invested your bitcoin but you can multiply it easy with some knowledgr and also depends on the price you buy your bitcoin to get a high cashback in the inbestment buy bitcoin when the price is low the risk is also low.
Whether you buy at low price or higher price, always investment through bitcoin is risk involved. Knowledge is a must to make it secure investment. There are legitimate investment site that have gained good reputation. These days scam investment sites and hacking is a major issue. This needs to be made perfect based on our own efforts and knowledge base.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Big R94

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:20:23 AM

Looks a very risky investment to put a lot of money on it, could you share more informations about this investment modality?
I didn't put a lot of money,fewer money.But dud! I can't share more information about this site  Wink
Omegasun

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:08:04 AM

I didn't put a lot of money,fewer money.But dud! I can't share more information about this site  Wink

there were risk in any transaction related in bitcoin,perhaps in gambling,investing and trading for we may get scam,lose or dump. But there is no growth without risk we just need to try out instincts and continue trusting bitcoin.

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Ichijou025

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 03:52:15 AM

No one can predict if the bitcoin price will decrease or not , There is a risk investing but you can avoid this risk if you can analyze the situation and when to buy low and sell high . If you dont want any risk involved just join in a signature campaign for small income and risk free. Do a free lance job for a bitcoin , that might help too. Goodluck and Peace to you
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:23:06 AM

There is a risk that is threatening, because somewhat insecure, bitcoin transactions are done between individuals, this makes the investor tax free, but bitcoin has no guarantee because there is no control, unlike other investments that are guaranteed by the company or by the countries, so we can suddenly lose money. As you say, the infestor just wants a profit, it's true if you invest bitcoin, you will benefit, it's because the current bitcoin development is good, but until when this good story will continue, nobody knows the bitcoin in the future,
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:29:29 AM

Whether you buy at low price or higher price, always investment through bitcoin is risk involved. Knowledge is a must to make it secure investment. There are legitimate investment site that have gained good reputation. These days scam investment sites and hacking is a major issue. This needs to be made perfect based on our own efforts and knowledge base.
Any industry with the word investment associated with it has risk in it involved.
Investing in bitcoin is a matter of patience and if you get your timing right you get good ROI .

How much risk in bitcoin investement ?

TBH bitcoin investment risk has one of the lowest and and highest paying at least i could say risk is less than 50% Undecided
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 08:43:55 AM

It is risky because we actually don't know what will happen to bitcoin in the future, but in terms of investment well I guess you are right. If you buy bitcoin as of the present, chances are in a few months or years it'll profit I'm sure especially if the government still won't take over and still it won't be taxed them. Just make sure to secure them in a safe place like a hard wallet or something.
vs2014

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 08:54:24 AM

It is risky because we actually don't know what will happen to bitcoin in the future, but in terms of investment well I guess you are right. If you buy bitcoin as of the present, chances are in a few months or years it'll profit I'm sure especially if the government still won't take over and still it won't be taxed them. Just make sure to secure them in a safe place like a hard wallet or something.

The price of bitcoins have increased over a period of time so those people who invested their money in it in the past have already made good profits by this point of time so if we invest in it even now then we can expect good profits in future as price will surely be higher in coming years.

████████▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
████████▄▄▄    ▄▄█▀▀▀██▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄███████▄
  █▀██████▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀██▀▀▀███
  ██████▄██▀▀▀██████▀█▄ ███
  █▄ ▀▀ █████████████████
▄  ██   █▀████████████▄█ █
▀█  ▀█▄ ▄████████████▀▀▄██
 ▀█   ▀████████████████▄█▀
  ▀█▄    ████▄▄██████▄▄██▀
    ▀▀█▄▄ █▄▄  ▀▀▀▀███▀
████████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
Seabet.io
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
SPORTS
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
🎰.
CASINO
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████   ████████████████   ██████
..PLAY NOW..
██████   ███████████████████   █████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: