Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:22:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How much risk in bitcoin investement ?  (Read 71502 times)
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:56:14 PM

It's a quite tough question. Because the risk of investment on bitcoin is depends on the site which you are use to investment.thank you.

Well not really. If you just buy bitcoin you can hold it in a wallet like Electrum so it will be pretty safe. Btw i don't think point of this thread is risk in a way of your investment being stolen, but will you get a return on it or no.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:58:56 PM

the price regularly increase/decrease by %5 or more daily on an even regular base, so you can consider it as risky as stocks (high risk ones), only investing what you can afford to lose is the smartest choice.
Even if there is risk in investing I think it is worth it when we already get our earnings. It is really good in our feeling if we earn with our hardwork ang with our strategy and knowledge. If taking risk can make you earn money, well, just take risk until you meet your own quota. 😊
patrickcoin

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:07:59 PM

Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is all about risk. The more you take the risk the more you get profited. For precaution just go through in search of bitcoin exchange before investing in.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:20:53 PM

the price regularly increase/decrease by %5 or more daily on an even regular base, so you can consider it as risky as stocks (high risk ones), only investing what you can afford to lose is the smartest choice.
Even if there is risk in investing I think it is worth it when we already get our earnings. It is really good in our feeling if we earn with our hardwork ang with our strategy and knowledge. If taking risk can make you earn money, well, just take risk until you meet your own quota. 😊
I do not support risky ideas. I like well-designed and not a risky operation. Let it be a small income, but are guaranteed. Therefore, I do not trade on the exchange. Guaranteed income on the stock exchange has a broker.
endaiin

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:23:56 PM

High r isk = high cost or hifh return.
So make your decision. Wink
michaelbatan

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:26:03 PM

I'm planning to buy bitcoin as I see the price is not that high but in future, it can give me great returns. But I hesitate a is it safe or bubble?
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:01:05 PM

I'm planning to buy bitcoin as I see the price is not that high but in future, it can give me great returns. But I hesitate a is it safe or bubble?
Better hold your horses, bitcoin is not meant for weak heart/hand people, all it takes and the distant between a potential future wealth and staying poor and miserable is a simple click, the same click when you filled your orders and just hit "buy" (I'm not using the term 'tap' because recently I'm hearing that sound a lot  Embarrassed Kiss ) it's up to you, as you can see it's all matter of a simple click. How is that for taking a risk?
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:07:24 PM

Better have more faith in it by reading more about it.
If you aint sure you might regret it after. Besides, bitcoin is so expensive now, you cant just throw your money with something you are not sure of.
That is how we think and that ain't bad. You just have to straighten up to what you really want.
I am sure if it aint this expensive you might have been buying now.
Warry

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:21:36 PM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.
To make money with investments, you need to accept risks, more risks enable you to make bigger profits. So that to ask if Bitcoin investment is risky or not, it depends on what kind of investments you make and which site that you make investment in so that everything, risky or not, it depends on you.
LegendOF45

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:49:51 PM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.
To make money with investments, you need to accept risks, more risks enable you to make bigger profits. So that to ask if Bitcoin investment is risky or not, it depends on what kind of investments you make and which site that you make investment in so that everything, risky or not, it depends on you.
Totally agree, even if we do not invest then it is very risky, save money in the bank of course safe, but 10 years its value will drop up to 90%. Big risk of course must be full calculation, we can start​ and learn more with small investment to bitcoin.
VadikZimnyayaRezina

Activity: 490

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:53:49 PM

Totally agree, even if we do not invest then it is very risky, save money in the bank of course safe, but 10 years its value will drop up to 90%. Big risk of course must be full calculation, we can start​ and learn more with small investment to bitcoin.

As if you have little faith in bitcoin. You need to trust the coin you hold. And thanks to this faith, it will bring you great profits for a long time.
I do not think it's dangerous to risk bitcoin now

Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:08:36 PM

Yes I also think that invest money in bitcoin is very better than save money to bank because if you save money in bank then you will not more profit and against the value of your money will be decreasing . So I think risk is involve in every investment without taking risk you don't make more profit and cannot start any business ,and to decreasing risk you need to some skills.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:11:36 PM

As if you have little faith in bitcoin. You need to trust the coin you hold. And thanks to this faith, it will bring you great profits for a long time.

Bitcoin is risky investation so most people still not believe on bitcoin. I've faith on bitcoin over three years but recently I'm worried about bitcoin hardfork issue which damaging my faith over time.
Hope bitcoin can keep exist so I'm worried less about hardfork issue

Smiley
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:35:45 PM

Its totally on Your knowledge, research, and luck if you got all this than you are lucky enough to enjoy benefits.
Best of luck for your future investments.
Be active earn big
No doubt luck play important role. But I think investment in bitcoin is not as much risky as other investment can be. And the only reason is that bitcoin is becoming more popular, people are still taking interest in bitcoin. they are investing money there and therefore I am sure about the price of bitcoin that there is no such risk in bitcoin investment.
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:19:04 PM

yes that is right risk is always there in all types of investments. those people want to earn money, or want to invest their money fro profit, they already aware of the risk involve in investment and trading, i do not think at there is any other source where there is no risk and one can make money. we always compromise to take the risk for making money.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:38:11 PM

It's a quite tough question. Because the risk of investment on bitcoin is depends on the site which you are use to investment.thank you.
I wouldn't say here is the biggest risk in the site where you hold your bitcoins, because there are not only sites to hold your founds, there are such things as hardware wallets and paper wallets where bitcoin is 99% saved.
The point is bitcoin is high risk investment and this risk goes only from it's high price. Imagine you invest in bitcoin 10k$ to by 4 BTC (by today's price), this is big money to loose, right. And what is the loose? You will loose when the price suddenly drop and never raise high back again.
I hope I explained good what is the thing about risk of investing in bitcoin. But I truly doubt in some huge fall and bitcoin's death. I think it will climb upper and upper for years till will be not replaced by some more technological crypto-currency.
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:38:30 PM

Bitcoin is risky investation so most people still not believe on bitcoin. I've faith on bitcoin over three years but recently I'm worried about bitcoin hardfork issue which damaging my faith over time.
Hope bitcoin can keep exist so I'm worried less about hardfork issue
it has created uncertainty in the market, people feel little hesitation about to invest in bitcoin , but i the good thing is that bitcoin remain as stable in above 2400$, and hope that it will not drop any more.  i am sure within few days the segwet issue will be solve and even will not wit for 1st August and then the price of bitcoin will start increasing again and hopefully will cross 3000$ within few days.
jonosutio

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:57:59 PM

An investment will certainly have a risk, the greater the investment we plant it will be the greater the risk that we will get, and usually every big risk will result in a big advantage too
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:17:38 PM

An investment will certainly have a risk, the greater the investment we plant it will be the greater the risk that we will get, and usually every big risk will result in a big advantage too
Yeah the greater the risk then the possibility of greater profits will be there. Like dice when you choose a roll number under 10 would increase the risk. But the likelihood of big profits will be there. So also with investment you can buy lots of bitcoin, the risk will be greater but the chances of big profits will also exist
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:57:12 PM

I think the risk of investing in bitcoin will depend on several things. Like your skills, your knowledge of bitcoin markets, etc. When you have deep knowledge and skills about bitcoin. Certainly the risk of investing in bitcoin will be smaller?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: