Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:32:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How much risk in bitcoin investement ?  (Read 71502 times)
Sarah08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:03:40 PM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.
Yeah i already noticed the price in the market and i can see that my investment have go down a lot and in a risk so maybe today investment increases its risk to become bankrupt in the market did bitcoin already reach it limit in the market so bitcoin will not increase its price instead go down already.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:07:42 PM

I personally believe there is extremely small risk in investing into Bitcoin. The reason why is you will always own (as long as you manage your own private keys) the Bitcoin no matter what the USD value is, so it holding on the BTC while the prices recover. This has happened over and over again but the trend is always up.
Im not agree with you that bitcoin is small risk because private key is only we hold and not totally whole bitcoin system. They have power not to give all our funds that is why investing in bitcoin for me in high risk.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:56:12 PM

In every investment there are risk associated on it. But in bitcoin, we cannot evenly say that risks are present on investing on it. Those speculations about risks in bitcoin will be just mere speculations unless proven by many people. There is still no factual information about the risks that can be obtained in bitcoin industry because if there is, why many people still taking their investments and putting it on bitcoin.
We have been hearing from day one there is huge risk involved in having an invest in a bitcoin but that's far away from the reality .  If there was a risk of being drowned, people would dare to invest at such a large scale. Then I haven't seen much people drowning because of bitcoin. Rather they earned a lot from it .
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:17:50 PM

In every investment there are risk associated on it. But in bitcoin, we cannot evenly say that risks are present on investing on it. Those speculations about risks in bitcoin will be just mere speculations unless proven by many people. There is still no factual information about the risks that can be obtained in bitcoin industry because if there is, why many people still taking their investments and putting it on bitcoin.
We have been hearing from day one there is huge risk involved in having an invest in a bitcoin but that's far away from the reality .  If there was a risk of being drowned, people would dare to invest at such a large scale. Then I haven't seen much people drowning because of bitcoin. Rather they earned a lot from it .
yes that is right not only in bitcoin but almost everywhere you will see risk in all formats of investment. for example if you are trading computer in real life that its price reduce and you have a lot of old stock which can cause lose to you.
seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:55:29 AM

I think bitcoin  will be good in future and number of people want to invest on it for future use.if bitcoin price will increase than we  will get benefits and gets the more profits,here we have some changes to decrease but decreasing is not an permanent,we have to wait to increase.
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:01:51 AM

There's risk in every investment, mate. In forex, stocks, and even in actual business, risks are there all the time waiting for the right time and timing.

In bitcoin, the risk is rather low I guess because the track record of bitcoin's rising value is very consistent. All you have to do is only hold them in a very safe wallet if you want to avoid all the hassles and risky steps. It will grow.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:09:08 AM

Risk in investment is inevitable, btc investment too. Each investment has a certain risk ratio that is hard to predict. That could be price fluctuations or virtual projects.  The only thing we can do to limit the risk in investment that is prudent in the decisions and assertive.
Yes, because actually there are no peoples who know about price of bitcoins even the analisys technical and fundamental no guarantee will be true, so we must manage the risk of losing money because of investment in bitcoins. The basic way to manage the risk investing in bitcoins and another digital coins is Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:27:52 AM

Bitcoin investment is good, but no one can estimate how much percentage of risk, we have to face. It's based on people luck, market and situations. People feel facing risks and earning money in equal manner. That's life.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:54:08 AM

Bitcoin investment is good, but no one can estimate how much percentage of risk, we have to face. It's based on people luck, market and situations. People feel facing risks and earning money in equal manner. That's life.
I have to disagree with you Bitcoin trading is not based on luck. Can you imagine what it will be like if traders are only basing it on random things? It would create price insecurity making it more volatile. Right now trades in general are purely based on the technical aspect if you are good at translating price charts than you can accurately predict the price movement of something. Basically it is like price forecasting but only harder with no specific formulas.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
siddu67

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:36:36 AM

There is no risk in bitcoin investment. It is a profitable source for investment because now a days the price of bitcoin is increasing rapidly. Invest today and profit tomorrow :-)

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
PELELE

Activity: 153

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:08:42 AM

Bitcoin is trending in the present market and also increasing the value of bitcoin. No risks at all in bitcoin investment. Buy and use bitcoins and spread its technology in your regions.
uchiha

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:27:51 AM

I think what you are doing is right. You will gain profit just by storing bitcoin. Without doing anything. What else do you buy bitcoin at a low price. It is very profitable for you. Bitcoin investment will be profitable if you keep it in the long run. Do not be afraid just because bitcoin down. It's only temporary then up again. If you want to add a little profit you can try trading or cloud mining but you must know in advance the technique of the. Of course there is a risk .. if the big investment then the risk is also great .. if small then the risk will be small too
AiWanChu

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:31:07 AM

no risk in BTC investing if you put in cold storage however you are still at the mercy of market prices IMO Tongue
itsallpc

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:36:28 AM

I just wanted to know that,what amount of risk is there in investing in bitcoins.
Right now i am planning to buy btc approx 3-4 btc and just hold them as i guess the price of bitcoin will increase in future and i will get some good profit.But i want to know what is the risk involved.Can bitcoin price decrease and is this right time to buy the bitcoin.
Any investment which gives high profits definitely involves high risks.Bitcoin also comes under the same category.Bitcoin price is highly volatile due to its decentralized nature.So,there is always price variation as per the increase and decrease in demand for bitcoins.But,since there is mass adoption,we could expect that there would be more probability that bitcoin price would increase and so we can invest in bitcoin.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:59:00 AM

There is no risk in bitcoin investment. It is a profitable source for investment because now a days the price of bitcoin is increasing rapidly. Invest today and profit tomorrow :-)

How about when the coin has split? We don't know what's going to happen on August 1. We don't know how will SegWit activation affect us. The days when you can simply hold your bitcoins and earn profit after a couple of months is already over. The scaling issue is being solved and it can greatly affect the price.

Bitcoin investment is risky right now because of the new update. I want to advise that you use an altcoin to avoid the price decrease of bitcoin. When the price of bitcoin has decreased a lot after August 1, bitcoin holders will be devastated but the price of altcoins will increase. Otherwise, if altcoins' price decreased instead, then it's okay. That's the small price to pay for trying to be safe from the incoming wave.

Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:12:54 PM

I think there is only a little because if you will study the nature of bitcoin you can see that investing on bitcoin is really good. Bitcoin for long term will make you an instant millionaire. Don't hesitate I'm saying that start now in investing on bitcoins. Make every time count.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:27:11 PM

How about when the coin has split? We don't know what's going to happen on August 1. We don't know how will SegWit activation affect us. The days when you can simply hold your bitcoins and earn profit after a couple of months is already over. The scaling issue is being solved and it can greatly affect the price.

Bitcoin investment is risky right now because of the new update. I want to advise that you use an altcoin to avoid the price decrease of bitcoin. When the price of bitcoin has decreased a lot after August 1, bitcoin holders will be devastated but the price of altcoins will increase. Otherwise, if altcoins' price decreased instead, then it's okay. That's the small price to pay for trying to be safe from the incoming wave.
Segwit will likely be the single largest network event Bitcoin has experienced to date. I agree to you that there is lot of uncertainty in the market regarding bitcoin after Segwit. There is quite a risk at present. But I still feel after a dip in price for short term, bitcoin will bounce back.

All we can do at present is speculate and wait for August.
Vixmore

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:31:00 PM

I do not think that investing in bitcoin can be any risk at all. We will see bitcoin's popularity to grow in the next few years due to the constant supply and demand that is being applied to it. I have invested quite a bit into a bitcoin and so have a few of my friends. Its obvious that the current currencies will not be able to sustain itself in the near future and that we need a uniform currency that we would be able to use all over the world. The only danger that bitcoin can face is it being taken over by an alt-coin or corrupt politicians who do not like the idea of bitcoin being decentralised. This would mean that they cannot sway and manipulate the market in their favour of extra profits.
LevshaK1

Activity: 172

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:32:21 PM

The risk in investing bitcoin is almost the same as in other types of investments. The main rule is not to put all the money in one basket. But bitcoin has a very good feature in the form of a fantastic price increase and you do not need to miss this opportunity.

Vixmore

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:54:01 PM

Any investment which gives high profits definitely involves high risks.Bitcoin also comes under the same category.Bitcoin price is highly volatile due to its decentralized nature.So,there is always price variation as per the increase and decrease in demand for bitcoins.But,since there is mass adoption,we could expect that there would be more probability that bitcoin price would increase and so we can invest in bitcoin.

I agree with your first sentence, but not so much with your second. Yes, it can be volatile due to its decentralised nature, but that also means that it needs to be self sustainable to a certain degree. I see no future in Bitcoin crashing drastically as there will always be supply and most importantly demand. People like bitcoin for its decentralised state, something that is the problem with most of the currencies that we use today. Bitcoin will forever and always rely on its users, and there will never be a so-called "middleman" handling the funds and manipulating them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: