Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:32:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148794 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:50:47 AM

We have created the following video to explain better the ownership structure of DNotes Global, it's future plans, and how it benefits DNotes currency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IenaYn1ce3w

This one is a must watch! Great job.  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:54:24 AM

I'm curious... wouldn't it be better to tie the NOTE to $USD (at PLNX it would be the $USDT)? Given the underlying goal of creating a stable currency, wouldn't that be a priority? If so, what's required to make that happen at the exchange level?

Welcome to DNotes, CazMoney and thanks for asking a great question. It will certainly be an added advantage to tire Note to USD. As an example, an exchange like Poloniex would list DNotes as a Note/USDT pair. USDT is a Tether token with a 1:1 conversion with a slight value discrepancy of a few percent if traded in multiple exchanges.  

Out of 66 altcoins listed on Poloniex only 11 are listed with xxx/USDT pair. Poloniex, understandably, is very selective in adding to their listed coins.  I believe that given a sustained higher volume DNotes will achieve that status one day.

A Notes/USDT pair is far from an ideal solution to achieve (value) stability which is crucial as a medium of exchange in global commerce. Stability (a constant value with nearly zero fluctuation) is nearly impossible for any digital currency to achieve in their current forms. DNotes is mindful of those challenges. Accordingly, we have crafted a business model that will address the stability issue which will include having our own exchange, bank, and partner banks in the future. These will take a few years to accomplish. If you need more clarification please feel free to PM me.  Thanks, Alan Yong.

Alan, it is indeed an exciting time for DNotes, and the next several years are going to be memorable in so many ways. Have I told you lately how grateful I am to you and Joe for introducing me to this craziness?

Ken, thanks for your vote of confidence. This is just the beginning of an amazing journey and there will be "crazy" interruptions along the way. I am enjoying every minute of it with no doubt that we are onto many worthy missions that will be beneficial to many around the world beyond just ourselves. Thanks for your continued support.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:47:01 PM

There are a lot of kinks to work out and yes, "blockchain" is the buzzword of the year, but I believe that it will be the solid cryptocurrencies that finally provide this economic inclusion that the traditional banks have so far failed to deliver.

Two billion people lack access to a bank account. Here are 3 ways blockchain can help them

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/06/3-ways-blockchain-can-accelerate-financial-inclusion/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:14:00 PM

There are a lot of kinks to work out and yes, "blockchain" is the buzzword of the year, but I believe that it will be the solid cryptocurrencies that finally provide this economic inclusion that the traditional banks have so far failed to deliver.

Two billion people lack access to a bank account. Here are 3 ways blockchain can help them

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/06/3-ways-blockchain-can-accelerate-financial-inclusion/

That's a pretty amazing statistic, especially the Philippines. I would have thought the US influence there for all those years would have raised the financial standard of living somewhat.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 01:39:32 PM

This is awesome!

From Steemit - The author is using the "Could I retire on faucets?" strategy from wiser's CryptoMoms post, to accumulate DNotes. He gives DNotes a glowing review and encourages everyone to buy. He also created a video detailing how to buy on Poloniex, using DNotes Vault, etc. The only problem is, he still thinks the retirement accounts are paying interest (??).

Week 1: Bought 52 DNOTES for my 20 Year Retirement Plan - 1% Interest per Month!

7 hours ago
bitcoinkings48 in cryptocurrency

Hi guys!

Today I wanted to share with you an awesome Crypto-currency I recently discovered called DNOTES (NOTE). I found out about this altcoin after reading an interesting thread on cryptomoms.com titled: Could I retire on faucets?

In this thread the author speaks about how (s)he collects free Bitcoin from faucets and uses that to buy DNOTES.

Moon Bitcoin: Claim your free bitcoin now
Moon Dogecoin: Claim your free dogecoin now
Moon Litecoin: Claim your free litecoin now

The author then sends all DNOTES (s)he bought into a 20 year retirement account called CRISP for Retirement with a return of 1% per month, which amounts to 12% interest annually.

You can BUY DNOTES from Poloniex and once you have your coins you can send them to your retirement plan.

I am currently registered on DNOTES Vault with a 20 year retirement plan which is earning me an interest of 1% per month. This is 12% compounding interest annually. When I started my plan I decided to buy 52.63157894 DNOTES from Poloniex at a value of 0.00099999 BTC which was around $2.03479201 when I transferred my DNOTES into my wallet.

The value of my investment is currently $10.43789687 and I have already earned 0.52542632 DNOTES interest on my original balance. I intend on buying DNOTES on a monthly basis and sending it to my retirement plan. I will keep you guys posted on the progress of my account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF0gNXSXt30

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@bitcoinkings/week-1-bought-52-dnotes-for-my-20-year-retirement-plan-1-interest-per-month

Hi Chase, thank you so much for sharing my Steemit article and YouTube video on this thread.

I also want to say thank you to Timothy Goggin for his generous contribution to my Bitcoinkings YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BitcoinKings. I made the video because I believe in DNotes and what it stands for. I believe this coin will have a bright future hence my contributions.

If I may I would like to offer DNotes the pin post position on my Bitcoinkings Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bitcoinkings. The group has 21,812 members and its growing at an average of 2,300 members per week. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Kind regards, and thanks again!

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:55:48 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 05:35:10 PM by Chase

This is awesome!

From Steemit - The author is using the "Could I retire on faucets?" strategy from wiser's CryptoMoms post, to accumulate DNotes. He gives DNotes a glowing review and encourages everyone to buy. He also created a video detailing how to buy on Poloniex, using DNotes Vault, etc. The only problem is, he still thinks the retirement accounts are paying interest (??).

Week 1: Bought 52 DNOTES for my 20 Year Retirement Plan - 1% Interest per Month!

7 hours ago

Hi guys!

Today I wanted to share with you an awesome Crypto-currency I recently discovered called DNOTES (NOTE). I found out about this altcoin after reading an interesting thread on cryptomoms.com titled: Could I retire on faucets?

In this thread the author speaks about how (s)he collects free Bitcoin from faucets and uses that to buy DNOTES.

The author then sends all DNOTES (s)he bought into a 20 year retirement account called CRISP for Retirement with a return of 1% per month, which amounts to 12% interest annually.

You can BUY DNOTES from Poloniex and once you have your coins you can send them to your retirement plan.

I am currently registered on DNOTES Vault with a 20 year retirement plan which is earning me an interest of 1% per month. This is 12% compounding interest annually. When I started my plan I decided to buy 52.63157894 DNOTES from Poloniex at a value of 0.00099999 BTC which was around $2.03479201 when I transferred my DNOTES into my wallet.

The value of my investment is currently $10.43789687 and I have already earned 0.52542632 DNOTES interest on my original balance. I intend on buying DNOTES on a monthly basis and sending it to my retirement plan. I will keep you guys posted on the progress of my account.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@bitcoinkings/week-1-bought-52-dnotes-for-my-20-year-retirement-plan-1-interest-per-month

Hi Chase, thank you so much for sharing my Steemit article and YouTube video on this thread.

I also want to say thank you to Timothy Goggin for his generous contribution to my Bitcoinkings YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BitcoinKings. I made the video because I believe in DNotes and what it stands for. I believe this coin will have a bright future hence my contributions.

If I may I would like to offer DNotes the pin post position on my Bitcoinkings Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bitcoinkings. The group has 21,812 members and its growing at an average of 2,300 members per week. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Kind regards, and thanks again!

"...thank you so much for sharing my Steemit article and YouTube video on this thread." - You're welcome, and thank you for your contribution to DNotes.

It's great to have you as a member of the DNotes community!  Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 09:15:21 PM

This is awesome!

7 hours ago

Hi guys!

Awesome video though it needs some clarification. Of course, we love and appreciate compliments that are totally unsolicited.

DNotes is committed to building a trusted brand because we believe that trust is invaluable in every business dealing, particularly in financial services.  The next wave of investment will be coming from seasoned investors and professional fund managers. We want to ensure that everything that we do is researchable and verifiable. That is what separates DNotes from most of our industry peers. Perhaps we believe more than others that we are dealing with money, other people’s hard-earned money, no matter how it is characterized - commodity, asset of no instinct value, or property.

Now back to CRISP For Retirement. We did not want to dilute our stakeholders assets by issuing more DNotes in order to fund the retirement program, yet we felt that it would be a great incentive to provide a few selections of different terms to give people a choice that best fit their time horizon – 5, 10, 15, or 20 years.

With that I got the support of some major stakeholders who collectively purchased 1,000,000 Dnotes and contributed them for of paying the interest until the last DNotes from this pool is used up. The balance is verifiable:

CRISP for Retirement Statistics
Funded Retirement Accounts   296
Principal Deposit Value   82,479.42 USD
Total Interest Payments   951,187 NOTE
Current USD Value   1,322,245.80 USD
Current DNotes   6,601,110 NOTE
Retirement Fund Bonus Balance   100,447 NOTE

Apparently, there is still some left. The math may not add up because early withdrawal were forfeited any interest paid as stipulated.
We are committed to the benefits and success of others based on our principal belief that we will also be successful as a group by doing that. The following press release provides more details:

Yahoo Finance:

DNotes Digital Currency Retirement Savings Plans Provide Relief For Underfunded Retirement Accounts

AccesswireFebruary 16, 2015

DNotes is pleased to announce unprecedented Digital Currency Retirement Savings Plans to provide relief for underfunded retirement accounts; offering up to 12% Yearly Interest Bonus with a limit of 1,000,000 DNotes and a 100% deposit guarantee.

CHICAGO, IL / ACCESSWIRE / February 16, 2015 / DNotes, known as a stable digital currency with a solid and consistent uptrend, announced an unprecedented new savings plan to provide relief for underfunded individual retirement accounts. According to computing pioneer and DNotes Co-Founder Alan Yong, one million DNotes have been donated to CR.I.S.P. (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) for Retirement to encourage savers to supplement their underfunded individual retirement accounts. With any long term DNotes deposit commitment of 5, 10, 15, or 20 year duration, individuals will receive a 100% deposit guarantee, up to 12% yearly interest bonus on their deposit with 1 million DNotes limit on the bonus interest offered. Utilizing DNotes secure online coin storage platform DnotesVault; DNotes is now offering a wide range of individualized long term savings solutions.

Mr. Yong went on to explain that not everyone has the means or ability to save for retirement, resulting in many reaching retirement age with social security as their only source of income. Even for disciplined savers who can only save a small amount regularly, because of limited means, it can take decades to build a meaningful nest egg. This is compounded by the fact that nearly one in three Americans have withdrawn funds from their accounts before reaching retirement age.
Digital currencies such as DNotes and Bitcoin, are often characterized with huge potential growth propelled by rapidly growing investment from venture capital and wealthy individuals. As a group, $314 million was invested in this space in 2014 and is likely to exceed $1 billion this year. Being still at an early stage, investment in digital currency has the potential to yield high returns, albeit at a high risk. It is, therefore, prudent to only allocate a small percentage of one's total portfolio for high risk investment, especially in early stages digital currency.

Closer to home, the seriously under funded individual retirement savings are also troubling. RJF, Director of CR.I.S.P. for Retirement expressed his concern, "In these uncertain financial times, it is becoming more and more difficult to maintain a retirement account that will actually see you through your golden years. We believe that the concept of using DNotes to augment your retirement savings is an important consideration."

RJF went on to explain that CR.I.S.P. for Retirement is an unstructured and self-directed plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle to supplement retirement savings. Re-occurring savings, in any amount, may be added at any time. This savings plan can be started with any amount of DNotes by opening an account at DNotesVault with an expanded registration at CR.I.S.P. for Retirement landing page.
CR.I.S.P. is the brain-child of Chase, a core team member of CryptoMoms; a community with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world currently dominated by men. CryptoMoms.com is a currency neutral site, offering rich content on everything about cryptocurrency. It has a very helpful community ready to answer any questions promptly. CryptoMoms was created by, and is fully funded by, the DNotes team.

Read More: :  https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dnotes-digital-currency-retirement-savings-032800708.html

Very glad to see the fund is doing well. Any thoughts of upgrading or modifying to achieve more returns for new depositors? Is Dnotes 2.0 not POS? Could be something there...

The new CRISP payout and staking reward in the DNotes 2.0 upgrade is meant to replace these. With a target of 4% combined and compounded interest, direct and permenant distribution from the blockchain. Interested to hear everyones thoughts on that.

DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:43:30 AM

https://dcebrief.com/op-ed-how-zirp-ends-with-the-biggest-bang-of-all/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 02:20:27 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2017, 03:50:56 AM by Dyna

We are familiar with the notion that some of our banks and financial service companies are "too big to fail". Therefore, we must and did bail them out at tax payers expense. That was almost 10 years ago in 2008 when we bailed out Citibank, Bank of America, AIG, and many others. The next time around our political leadership may come with new buzz words “too complex to understand”.

Well researched and brilliantly written.
BTCWise

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 10:30:48 AM

It's great to have you as a member of the DNotes community!  Smiley

Thank you Chase. It feels good to be part of such an incredible community. I've been following DNotes performance ever since I found the thread on cryptomoms. The coin has really been performing well these past months. I can't wait to see where this coin will be in the future.

BTCWise

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 10:32:27 AM

Excellent BTCWise! Thank you for your article and video.

Its my pleasure DNotes. You guys are awesome and I look forward to all the developments you have planned for the DNotes currency. The future is bright for this coin  Wink

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:47:56 PM

We are familiar with the notion that some of our banks and financial service companies are "too big to fail". Therefore, we must and did bail them out at tax payers expense. That was almost 10 years ago in 2008 when we bailed out Citibank, Bank of America, AIG, and many others. The next time around our political leadership may come with new buzz words “too complex to understand”.

Well researched and brilliantly written.

It is one of the best written and well-researched articles I've seen in any finance publication.

Well done Daniel.

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 04:24:58 PM

I don't know who created the info-graphic, so I hope I'm not insulting anyone when I point this out...  Percentages can't be added together. If 60% of people in Room A have rice for lunch, and 70% of people in Room B have rice for lunch, you can't say that 130% of the people in Rooms A & B have rice for lunch.

So in 2014 when these statistics were referenced, I took China's population and calculated 11.6% of it. I did the same for India's 20.6%. Then I added these together and divided the result by the two country's total populations combined. This gave me 16% which is half of the 32% claimed in the info graphic for the combined countries.

I didn't do the math, but at face value it seems like all of the percentages of people with access to financial services were added together to get a total percentage of 73% of the people with no access to financial services. Which is both an incorrect mathematical operation, tied to an inversion of the terms.

Curiously, if we accept that the world population in 2014 was 7.21 billion people. Then 73% is 5.26 billion and the remaining 27% is 1.94 billion. Almost the 2 billion originally stated. But this is pure coincidence.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:25:36 PM

I just approved for release of a major interview with CEOCFO Magazine. DNotes is getting significant recognition from our industry and the media. DNotes has taken a very different path since day one – building a trusted brand, creating intrinsic value, and much more. Don’t miss this big one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
DNotes Global, Inc. is focused on Bringing DNotes Digital Currency Mainstream
with a Platform and Ecosystem that will give it Intrinsic Value just as Cash

Alan Yong
Chief Executive Officer
DNotes Global, Inc.
www.dnotescoin.com

Interview conducted by:
Lynn Fosse, Senior Editor
CEOCFO Magazine

CEOCFO: Mr. Yong, what is the concept behind DNotes Global Inc,
www.dnotescoin.com?

Mr. Yong: DNotes Global, Inc was created as a for-profit company dedicated to providing the DNotes digital currency with the resources and support that it needs to have the optimal chance of gaining mass acceptance and success on a global scale ……..

Stay Tuned for more: (Scheduled to be published on Monday 6-19-17)
DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:22:18 PM

https://dcebrief.com/iran-to-consider-digital-currency-regulation-proposal-in-coming-months/
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:50:46 PM

I don't know who created the info-graphic, so I hope I'm not insulting anyone when I point this out...  Percentages can't be added together. If 60% of people in Room A have rice for lunch, and 70% of people in Room B have rice for lunch, you can't say that 130% of the people in Rooms A & B have rice for lunch.

So in 2014 when these statistics were referenced, I took China's population and calculated 11.6% of it. I did the same for India's 20.6%. Then I added these together and divided the result by the two country's total populations combined. This gave me 16% which is half of the 32% claimed in the info graphic for the combined countries.

I didn't do the math, but at face value it seems like all of the percentages of people with access to financial services were added together to get a total percentage of 73% of the people with no access to financial services. Which is both an incorrect mathematical operation, tied to an inversion of the terms.

Curiously, if we accept that the world population in 2014 was 7.21 billion people. Then 73% is 5.26 billion and the remaining 27% is 1.94 billion. Almost the 2 billion originally stated. But this is pure coincidence.

Thanks Tim, my brain needed a workout today. Grin

The infographic should have been a little clearer, but here is how I believe it is meant to be interpreted:

"2 billion people lack access to a transaction account"
"Here is the percentage in each focus country"
- this could have been clearer - ie. the percentage of the 2 billion financially excluded in each focus country.

Of the 2 billion people in the world that are financially excluded, 73% of them are from the 25 focus countries. China's financially excluded would be 11.6% x 2 billion = 232 million, India 20.6% x 2 billion = 412 million, etc. The percentages of these 25 countries add up to the 73% stated (1.46 billion people), and the remaining 27% financially excluded (540 million people), would be from countries not included in this focus group. Some of these smaller countries could have very high rates of exclusion within their country, but only make up a tiny percentage of the 2 billion total.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 06:23:24 PM

DNotes General Discussion Part 2

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:56:01 PM

I just approved for release of a major interview with CEOCFO Magazine. DNotes is getting significant recognition from our industry and the media. DNotes has taken a very different path since day one – building a trusted brand, creating intrinsic value, and much more. Don’t miss this big one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
DNotes Global, Inc. is focused on Bringing DNotes Digital Currency Mainstream
with a Platform and Ecosystem that will give it Intrinsic Value just as Cash

Alan Yong
Chief Executive Officer
DNotes Global, Inc.
www.dnotescoin.com

Interview conducted by:
Lynn Fosse, Senior Editor
CEOCFO Magazine

CEOCFO: Mr. Yong, what is the concept behind DNotes Global Inc,
www.dnotescoin.com?

Mr. Yong: DNotes Global, Inc was created as a for-profit company dedicated to providing the DNotes digital currency with the resources and support that it needs to have the optimal chance of gaining mass acceptance and success on a global scale ……..

Stay Tuned for more: (Scheduled to be published on Monday 6-19-17)

Very impressive:

CEOCFO MAGAZINE - "Weekly Print Online Publication Featuring In-Depth Interviews with many of Today's Top Corporate Executives"

The interviews are grouped by sector, so this would be a great way for people to keep track of what is going on within their industry, and an even better way for everyone to find out about DNotes / DNotes Global Inc.  Wink

MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:29:12 PM

Good point here. I have invested a lot in DNotes at 0.25$/NOTE. I can't even sleep with the thought that it's already at 0.15$ level. Also, if I understand this correct, in a 5 year retirement program, will I get a bonus besides the monthly interest? And if I need the money let's stay 8 months from now, will I get any interest?

An enlightened and stimulating conversation continues building in this thread. Two short posts jumped at out me the last few pages.

Alfaalfa, take heart! I know exactly how you feel, because in my past, I used to get overly emotional about my investments. This is why I never made it in the hedge fund world in Chicago. As a deep believer in crypto, though, I've had to really try very hard to get over this mentality of fretting too much. ESPECIALLY because this is crypto. All coins, from bitcoin on down, are wildly volatile. So it takes a little bit of extra mental oomph to steel one's self against market movements. Buy the coins you really believe in, like DNotes. And then forget about them. Act as if those assets aren't there. So when volatile swings down happen, you less apt to care. Same when volatile swings upwards happen, you won't get caught up in euphoria.

Also recognize that humans are built a certain way, psychologically. We are care far, far more about losses, than equivalent gains. So you have to be extra vigilant about your mindset when the market is moving against you.

DNotes isn't designed for the pump and dump crowd, it doesn't ride the waves created by short term trends. It is a long play, and I'd urge you to treat it as such. It goes up a lot? No big deal. It goes down some? No big deal. Because over time, the long-term trajectory is potentially very great. And that is why we all hold. Don't worry about the short-term movements.

The new CRISP payout and staking reward in the DNotes 2.0 upgrade is meant to replace these. With a target of 4% combined and compounded interest, direct and permenant distribution from the blockchain. Interested to hear everyones thoughts on that.
Noticed nobody replied to this one, and certainly would be glad to share my thoughts because this is an important point to sound out.

To me, the monthly % returns were always rather ambitious. It's just so hard to consistently have liquidity to support such herculean compounding. I was never sure my 10 year CRISP would continue to pay out so heftily. And honestly, that doesn't really matter to me.

Because the awesome short term returns on offer served as a forcing function for me. Once the money is deposited, it either matures on the given timeline of the CRISP, or there is a liquidity event, like DNotes 2.0.

Either way, I'd earn some solid interest on my core holdings, and would be forced to hold it for the intermediate to long term. Regardless of whether the interest hits all the stated targets from years ago, I am very happy. Because I essentially backed myself into a corner, in a good way. I've never been tempted to sell, because I can't. And given the interest, don't want to, either.

And I think that has been good for everyone, since it has created an incentive for all DNotes hodlers to do just that: hodl. And I'd imagine such an incentive has helped the coin stabilize these past few years, for everyone.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:12:14 AM

Good point here. I have invested a lot in DNotes at 0.25$/NOTE. I can't even sleep with the thought that it's already at 0.15$ level. Also, if I understand this correct, in a 5 year retirement program, will I get a bonus besides the monthly interest? And if I need the money let's stay 8 months from now, will I get any interest?

An enlightened and stimulating conversation continues building in this thread. Two short posts jumped at out me the last few pages.

Alfaalfa, take heart! I know exactly how you feel, because in my past, I used to get overly emotional about my investments. This is why I never made it in the hedge fund world in Chicago. As a deep believer in crypto, though, I've had to really try very hard to get over this mentality of fretting too much. ESPECIALLY because this is crypto. All coins, from bitcoin on down, are wildly volatile. So it takes a little bit of extra mental oomph to steel one's self against market movements. Buy the coins you really believe in, like DNotes. And then forget about them. Act as if those assets aren't there. So when volatile swings down happen, you less apt to care. Same when volatile swings upwards happen, you won't get caught up in euphoria.

Also recognize that humans are built a certain way, psychologically. We are care far, far more about losses, than equivalent gains. So you have to be extra vigilant about your mindset when the market is moving against you.

DNotes isn't designed for the pump and dump crowd, it doesn't ride the waves created by short term trends. It is a long play, and I'd urge you to treat it as such. It goes up a lot? No big deal. It goes down some? No big deal. Because over time, the long-term trajectory is potentially very great. And that is why we all hold. Don't worry about the short-term movements.

Noticed nobody replied to this one, and certainly would be glad to share my thoughts because this is an important point to sound out.

To me, the monthly % returns were always rather ambitious. It's just so hard to consistently have liquidity to support such herculean compounding. I was never sure my 10 year CRISP would continue to pay out so heftily. And honestly, that doesn't really matter to me.

Because the awesome short term returns on offer served as a forcing function for me. Once the money is deposited, it either matures on the given timeline of the CRISP, or there is a liquidity event, like DNotes 2.0.

Either way, I'd earn some solid interest on my core holdings, and would be forced to hold it for the intermediate to long term. Regardless of whether the interest hits all the stated targets from years ago, I am very happy. Because I essentially backed myself into a corner, in a good way. I've never been tempted to sell, because I can't. And given the interest, don't want to, either.

And I think that has been good for everyone, since it has created an incentive for all DNotes hodlers to do just that: hodl. And I'd imagine such an incentive has helped the coin stabilize these past few years, for everyone.

I haven't had much time to get on here but I had to sign on to tell you mininghabit, that was very well written and I must say I totally believe in this process and has treated me very well. I've even have been trying to teach a buddy to do the same.
I also personally have believed for the last 3 years Dnotes is the  most honest, inspired, intellectual, hard working team combined with a well thought out long term vision. I personally very much have believed for a long time, dnotes is a safe long term hold/buy

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: