Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:00:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148794 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:21:02 PM

I feel like a sartorial genius, sporting such fancy new threads today at the office....

Wow! Thanks for posting the photo. It looks like a good clean print too. I'm pleased with how well the grey shows up on the dark shirt too. Nice and subtle. Now you just need to make a badge, with a QR code for your DNotes payment address, to pin on.

Looking good! I agree it pops out more than I expected on that color.

Mine showed up in the mail yesterday. The shirt is black and the logo is gorgeous. Wore it to pick up a few coils at the vape shop, and had several people ask me what it meant. Sadly, the term "digital currency" didn't seem to register with anyone other than the owner of the shop (who told me that he owns some Bitcoin). Once the word "Bitcoin" entered the conversation, however, we were able to have a nice conversation about DNotes, its potential benefits, and the company's broader vision and goals. Thanks to everyone involved in the shirt's design and manufacture. It's truly a work of art, and a great conversation piece.

Will post a pic when my wife gets around to taking it. I am the master of blurry photos and am no longer allowed to utilize cameras of any kind. In fact, I'm pretty sure Congress passed a law to that effect a few years back...
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:07:34 PM

You know, in the end, all this discussion about money and value boils down to a very old, deeply held principle: If you and I agree something has value to both of us, then it is so and we can trade. Ergo crypto.

PS: Love the shirts! Guess I'll have to order one...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:49:49 PM

DNotes is much more than just a decentralized digital currency. Unfortunately, on the surface, we are just like any other digital currency - an open-sourced copy of Bitcoin - the pioneer. Launching a digital currency or a "digital asset" is the easiest part. With a few thousand dollars it can easily be dressed up to look like a $10, $20 $100 million (bill) (ICO). It has been done with much more to come. Frankly, our industry is getting overwhelmed and becoming quite confused. It is becoming nearly impossible to find the "rough diamond".
Invest with caution.

I am spending a lot of time getting ready to officially launch the book web site -  https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/ This is one of DNotes Global, Inc's assets. Although I have personally spent a whole year writing the book as well as spending a significant amount to get it published, 100% of the sale proceeds are going to the company. Perhaps, just as important Chapter 15 of the book is about the DNotes' story. Don't under-estimate the enormous long-term value the book can bring to the party - contributing some real intrinsic value. Check it out from time to time as new contents are added. This is one of our strategic building blocks and they are all linked to give us powerful synergistic impact.  

"With a few thousand dollars it can easily be dressed up to look like a $10, $20 $100 million (bill) (ICO)." - When the ICO bubble pops, it is going to be painful, and my only hope is that it doesn't take the legitimate projects down with it. On a lighter note, there are quite a few people who are knowledgeable of the industry, calling it like it is:

1. Adam Draper‏

Company: I have no product. I'm raising $40m.
#VC: Not interested
Company: But... it's an ICO.
#VC: Do you think you can make room for me?

2. Neeraj K. Agrawal‏, Communications Director at CoinCentre.org

ICO  =  "Insane Clown Offering"

Grin

"It is becoming nearly impossible to find the "rough diamond"." - They can't find the 'rough diamond', because they don't know what the diamond looks like. Most people outside the industry don't understand what is important and/or possible in cryptocurrency (this includes all ICO's), and the majority of people in cryptocurrency don't understand the financial and business world they are expecting their crypto/token to take over.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:28:00 AM

[...]
So gold and crypto have:
1. A subjective value based on culture and rarity, based on their intrinsic use-case value.
2. A medium of exchange value as currency on top in surplus to 1,
3. A speculative value based on future predicted value that is rooted in predictions on 1 and 2.
[...]
So, if there are 100 goods in the economy:

The chance you'll find what you want in a single attempt: 1 / 1002 - 100 = 0.0001%
The mean number of attempts until you find what you need: 1002 - 100 = 9900

Now, back to the search cost component... if "a" is the amount of time that it takes you to find what you want (let's say 1 hour), so a = 1, then the equation is:

a(J2 - J) = 1(1002 - 100) = 9900 hours...

I really like how you enumerated the value aspects of an item used for a medium of exchange. It made discussing it further much simpler.

As for your bartering example, for the purposes of this discussion it was fine, but it did make it look completely unworkable unless you were the fishing tribe trading fish with the banana tribe and nothing else. Feel free to re-post the formula where there is a society of 100 people. There are 100 item types. Each person has 10 item types to trade, and 10 desired item types. The 100 item types all sit on a bell curve of the number of people that possess one. The same bell curve is used for the number of people that desire one. And the time it takes to ask if any of my ten items have trade potential with any of your 10 items is 1 minute. We're all at the market on market day.

My guess is that this formula will get your transaction time below the 9,000 hours mark. Wink

I can understand how your example incorporates feedback loops that amplify market activity. It also focuses attention on aspect (2) which DNotes has the most influence over. How simple is DNotes to trade for goods and services? How simple can it be in the future? What is the minimum achievable time to get there?

I think a good starting point to answer the 'ease of use' aspect of (2) is to list the known barriers, and then determine what is being done about breaking through them.

a) Mobile functionality.
--1 All offline trade is done outside of the house, so a mobile device capable of exchange is required.
--2 Mobile devices are battery dependent so software must use minimal power.
--3 Mobile devices have limited storage, so partial chain transactions must be possible.
--4 Data can be expensive via network, but cheap via WiFi, so data usage must be optimised to reduce cost.

b) Adoption rate.
--1 To trade DNotes for product or services, both parties must be able to give and accept them. This requires a level of user adoption.

c) Speed.
--1 Traders won't want to spend more than a few seconds confirming that the transaction has been successful.

d) Cost
--1 The customer, trader, or both, will have to accept a minimal transaction cost, or in some other way contribute to the network that maintains the service and does the work.
--2 People are happy to pay a fee or percentage for convenience and security. This value proposition will influence adoption and usage rates.

e) Visibility - clarity
--1 Seeing how much you've got and what you've spent needs to be as simple as glancing into a purse.

f) Privacy
--1 Many people don't care if you can see that they bought bread. But just as many have personal lives where their purchase history, or just the shops they frequent, can be a cause of embarrassment.

g) Confidence
--1 Knowing that the money in your wallet will be worth something when you wake up tomorrow.
--2 Knowing that your money won't disappear if a company, server, or software crashes.
--3 Knowing that the only way to get your money is with your consent.

h) Web services and plug-ins
--1 How easy it is for website developers to implement a payment portal.
--2 How easy it is for hosted users like those on Wordpress to implement a payment portal.

i) I'm sure I have not thought of everything.

Having a comprehensive answer to these questions, including a projected timeline would be really interesting. But I also understand DNotes' policy of doing, not hyping and claiming.

Tim, you are amazing. I like your thought process. Some of your suggestions are very much in line with our vision. I wouldn't go into any details, but five years from now, hopefully earlier, some mobile phone manufacturers will want to be our partners because of our globe reach, scale, and technologies. We have some very innovative ideas that will be added to our strategic road-map at the right time.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:54:30 AM

Alan Yong Entrepreneurial History & Guiding Principles on Business Success

Joe, thanks for up-dating this video.

I like to encourage all DNotes supporters to watch and share my videos. You will get to know my background and understand why I am totally dedicated to our missions in the fulfillment of DNotes' vision. I have invested a significant amount of time and money to get the book written and published. I greatly appreciate the encouragement and editing help from our community. DNotes Global, Inc. has been granted 100% royalty free rights to all sales proceeds from this book. I believe that this book will be one of the major contributors to DNotes' success; hopefully to many business owners as well.

I will be spending a lot of time in writing articles and producing videos for the book website. I am very passionate about helping new start-ups and current business owners, and trust that I can make a difference because of my wide-ranging experience of over forty years in different industries.

These mean a lot to me. Your feed-back will be well appreciated. Please share my videos, as you wish, of course. Thank you.
minerbro

Activity: 415
Merit: 287

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:56:05 AM

Its my pleasure DNotes. You guys are awesome and I look forward to all the developments you have planned for the DNotes currency. The future is bright for this coin Wink
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 06:24:56 AM

Mine showed up in the mail yesterday. The shirt is black and the logo is gorgeous. Wore it to pick up a few coils at the vape shop, and had several people ask me what it meant. Sadly, the term "digital currency" didn't seem to register with anyone other than the owner of the shop (who told me that he owns some Bitcoin). Once the word "Bitcoin" entered the conversation, however, we were able to have a nice conversation about DNotes, its potential benefits, and the company's broader vision and goals. Thanks to everyone involved in the shirt's design and manufacture. It's truly a work of art, and a great conversation piece.

Will post a pic when my wife gets around to taking it. I am the master of blurry photos and am no longer allowed to utilize cameras of any kind. In fact, I'm pretty sure Congress passed a law to that effect a few years back...

How great is it that the DNotes shirt works as a conversation starter? That was something I hadn't even considered. And while the term "digital currency" is still forging its place in our lexicon, I think that the concept of Bitcoin is quickly becoming more mainstream. Then it isn't much of a leap for someone to understand that there can be more than one of them.

The best thing, that can be fairly easily communicated, about digital currency is that you can have multiple copies of it, but still only spend it once. Just ask anyone if they've ever lost or destroyed some cash in their life. You'll always get a "Yes", and hopefully a good tale. When you let them know that their digital currency is backed-up in a record stored on thousands of computers, and it can never get lost, they will instantly see an advantage. If you then save your encrypted password file in a couple of places, not only can you never lose your digital money, you can gain access to it anywhere you have an Internet connection.

The only thing that can be lost is your memory. Either the passphrase, or the place you hid your passphrase if you had to write it down. An advantage of a passphrase over a password is that they can be written down with only minimal impact on their security by using classes. For example, writing down:
DessertHatPlantTravelSong could be used to remember,
JellyBeanieGumBerlinMyWay where the words used in the password are significant to the owner.

Of course, the use of randomly discovered words for a passphrase, and having no reference to it, is more secure. But for those likely to forget and lose things, that just isn't an option.
And there are so many possible variations that it would be very hard to brute force attack. I think getting people comfortable with passwords is fundamental to getting non-tech people comfortable with digital currency.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 05:29:52 PM

Its my pleasure DNotes. You guys are awesome and I look forward to all the developments you have planned for the DNotes currency. The future is bright for this coin Wink

Welcome minerbro, appreciate the comments. Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions.

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:29:46 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2017, 08:41:59 PM by Brandon Cheliak

Alan this is a very inspiring video, your story is the true to life definition of 'building from the ground up'. Those humble beginnings play an impact on just how wide a range of people you can relate to, which is a huge advantage for DNotes. A sizeable number of competitors in our industry have a tough time relating to the people outside of cryptocurrency's notorious echo chamber; people who must be participating if mass acceptance is ever to be achieved.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:45:49 PM

I really like the video, and am looking forward to more in the series. It is important to learn the lessons put forward by people who have walked the walk before making your own endeavors - there are some major lessons to be learned that can cost you your business that are in the fine print!! If people can take heed of these lessons, many people may be able to succeed / revive their hopes of having a successful business venture.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:50:31 PM

Hello everyone, I spent the last few days making a video to promote the DNotes strategy to build intrinsic value in the currency by backing it with the profits of a company - DNotes Global.

DNotes - Backed by Business

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 08:54:37 PM

Hello everyone, I spent the last few days making a video to promote the DNotes strategy to build intrinsic value in the currency by backing it with the profits of a company - DNotes Global.

Excellent job Tim! Looks great.

mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:59:18 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2017, 09:10:46 PM by mrbum805

Alan this is a very inspiring video, you are the true to life definition of 'building from the ground up'. Those humble beginnings play an impact on just how wide a range of people you can relate to, which is a huge advantage for DNotes. A sizeable number of competitors in our industry have a tough time relating to the people outside of cryptocurrency's notorious echo chamber; people who must be participating if mass acceptance is ever to be achieved.

Excellent video! Its got a nice pop. I hope it becomes a internet sensation! All these videos have been great!
I still need to order my Dnotes shirt I've wanted for a year and a half  Cheesy . Anyways glad to see everything everything going great and can't wait to see what the future entails!

edit- oh and sorry Tee Gee I'm not going to be able to make it to the July 8th open house either unfortunately. I really want to but I'm going to be tied up.

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:41:04 AM

Excellent job Tim! Looks great.

DNotes is a decentralized digital currency like Bitcoin. The relentless efforts behind the scene to bridge the gap to the centralized world is what sets it apart from the herd. As a group DNotes is searchable, re-searchable, and verifiable.
DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:57:04 AM

Two NY Preschools Now Accepting Bitcoin for Tuition Payments

https://dcebrief.com/two-ny-preschools-now-accepting-bitcoin-for-tuition-payments/
sarabanda

Activity: 835
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:21:43 PM

Dnotes is sleeping in c-cex,how to grow price up Huh We have need only 0.5-0.7 btc till 30k per coin in c-cex.
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:53:23 PM

This article goes to show that promising unrealistic returns and misleading investors can have serious consequences. I wonder how authorities will approach ICO enforcement, because there are quite a few who have made false claims which have left investors out large sums of money. The longer they are complacent in pursuing the scammers, the more losses investors will suffer, and more harm will come to cryptocurrency's image in the public eye.
----------

SEC accuses British executive of bitcoin fraud

https://www.ft.com/content/da4414f8-5ddd-11e7-9bc8-8055f264aa8b

The telephone sales brokers made Bitcoin Store sound like a great investment.

The digital currency platform had generated gross sales of $5.6m in the first quarter, they told US investors. The company’s chief executive, Gordon Phillips, had once been global head of currency and options trading at HSBC and its chief operating officer, Joseph Bilkhorn, had been Credit Suisse’s chief financial officer.

There was just one problem with the sales pitch: none of it was true.

The company was the creation of Renwick Haddow, a British citizen, who had been disqualified from serving as a company director in the United Kingdom and had been sued by regulators there for misleading investors, the Securities and Exchange Commission said on Friday.

The executives with the fancy financial pedigrees were also Mr Haddow’s creations; the men never existed, the SEC said, in a civil complaint accusing him of securities violations.

Bitcoin Store was just part of a sprawling fraud by Mr Haddow, 48, which included establishing InCrowd Equity Inc, an unregistered broker-dealer, according to the SEC. InCrowd peddled securities in Bitcoin Store and Bar Works, which sold leases for shared office space in renovated bars in New York and San Francisco, the SEC said. Investors in those leases were promised annual returns of at least 15 per cent.

“Haddow created two trendy companies and misled investors into believing that highly-qualified executives were leading them to quick profitability,” said Andrew Calamari, director of the SEC’s New York regional office. “In reality, Haddow controlled the companies from behind the scenes and they were far from profitable.”

Mr Haddow raised nearly $38m in the twin scams, the SEC said. He also faces criminal charges in Manhattan, where federal prosecutors have accused him of two counts of wire fraud. Each count carries a maximum 20-year prison sentence.

The SEC has obtained an emergency asset freeze against Mr Haddow and his companies. The commission is seeking a permanent injunction, repatriation of funds and the disgorgement of ill-gotten gains.

Mr Haddow, who has lived in New York since October 2014, funnelled at least $18m to accounts in 40 countries, including China, Cyprus, Mauritius and Morocco, prosecutors said.

One month after landing in New York, Mr Haddow established InCrowd, the unregistered broker-dealer, and staffed it with sales representatives who he found on Craigslist, according to prosecutors. One former employee witnessed brokers “badgering, harassing and shouting at prospective investors” on the telephone, according to a criminal complaint by FBI agent Melissa Beresford.

The sales representatives were paid $100 a day and earned commissions based on the total dollar value of securities they sold, the SEC said.

Mr Haddow concealed from investors his control of the companies, the SEC says. To manage Bar Works, he adopted the alias of “Jonathan Black”, the complaint says.

The skulduggery was needed to obscure Mr Haddow’s checkered history. In 2008, the UK Insolvency Service disqualified him from serving as a company director for eight years following his “misconduct as finance director of Branded Leisure plc”, the SEC said.

In 2013, the Financial Conduct Authority filed a court action against Mr Haddow in the case. One year later, the High Court of Justice ruled that he and several other defendants had unlawfully promoted collective investment schemes. A trial in London on allegations of making misleading statements is scheduled for next month.

As US authorities closed in earlier this year, Mr Haddow stopped paying investors in Bar Works. On March 20, one of his employees emailed him about the FCA’s pending case, recommending that he hire “great lawyers” and retreat to a distant locale.

Mr Haddow replied: “I agree with you totally.”

Prosecutors say that he remains at large.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:06:37 PM

Dnotes is sleeping in c-cex,how to grow price up Huh We have need only 0.5-0.7 btc till 30k per coin in c-cex.

Thank you for reminding us, sarabanda. I just went and bought some as a show of support. I like C-cex but have been so busy these days. The volume has always been very low at C-cex. Perhaps it will get better after DNotes 2.0 is launched.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 04:26:43 PM

Video: 10 Major Contributors to Business Success

https://youtu.be/XxWMpoqq68c

R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:58:51 PM

Thank you for reminding us, sarabanda. I just went and bought some as a show of support. I like C-cex but have been so busy these days. The volume has always been very low at C-cex. Perhaps it will get better after DNotes 2.0 is launched.

Slow and steady wins the race, no need to hurry.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: