Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:38:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423205 times)
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:54:43 PM

Yes, I'm aware of what BitSynComm said, at 12:01 AM September 1st ...
I think it is completely unrealistic to expect Steamboat to make a decision affecting thousands of chips, ONE day after some comment by Yifu.

Is it?! SebastianJu set things in motion the same day and is processing refunds. Zefir set things in motion the same day and is processing refunds. Steamboat is quiet for almost 4 days now, and is refusing to process refunds. Hell, he's not making an inventory of who wants a refund and who doesnt.

"Set things in motion" are you nuts?

Read the threads you linked to, SebastianJu and Zefir only started a mechanism for people to notify them that they would like to request a refund. Nothing else.

1) No batch refunds have been requested yet by SebastianJu or Zefir
2) Who knows how Yifu will respond to refund requests. He might just sit on them for months, wait for BTC to hit $500, and then refund 0.02BTC per chip saying that represents the dollar cost paid. Is that what you want? If those are the refund terms I'll take my chips thanks. Point is Yifu is complete irresponsible, so assuming that you will be made whole by requesting a refund is foolish.

You have no idea what will happen with the refund path because Yifu has not spelled out the terms, and even if he does why would you trust him at this point.

This is why steamboat says that he is monitoring for more information and will update when there is something actionable to do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:00:37 PM

<ad hominem nonsense snipped>

You want your refund, yeah we get it. The rest of us are recalculating based on btc pricing and looking at ROI time shortening significantly.

Oh really? I've seen more refund requests than 'i want my chips' requests since 29th of August. But apparently you know more  Huh

Apparently I do, if you check the numbers, they are still heavily on the I want my chips side. I dont think the excel sheet although self appointed has even reached 1/3rd of 1 batch yet.

I agree with this jasinlee, glade you pointed out this point before I was about to mention this just now.  If anyone wants a refund, fill out the sheet, we need a full batch requesting refunds to be able to initiate a refund request with Yifu.  This is a "groupbuy" so decisions need to be made as a group, and if the majority says they dont want refunds, tough shit.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:00:47 PM

I think it is completely unrealistic to expect Steamboat to make a decision affecting thousands of chips, ONE day after some comment by Yifu.

Is it?! SebastianJu set things in motion the same day and is processing refunds. Zefir set things in motion the same day and is processing refunds. Steamboat is quiet for almost 4 days now, and is refusing to process refunds. Hell, he's not making an inventory of who wants a refund and who doesnt.

Read the threads you linked to, SebastianJu and Zefir only started a mechanism for people to notify them that they would like to request a refund. Nothing else.

2) Who knows how Yifu will respond to refund requests. He might just sit on them for months, wait for BTC to hit $500, and then refund 0.02BTC per chip saying that represents the dollar cost paid. Is that what you want? If those are the refund terms I'll take my chips thanks. Point is Yifu is complete irresponsible, so assuming that you will be made whole by requesting a refund is foolish.

You have no idea what will happen with the refund path because Yifu has not spelled out the terms, and even if he does why would you trust him at this point.

This is why steamboat says that he is monitoring for more information and will update when there is something actionable to do.
Rocks you are wrong. Both sebastian and Zefir requested refund from bitsyncom. There were refund form what were sent to them. Sebastian already got 3 batch refunds from bitsyncom and zefir still waiting. Other individual chip buyers (10k) chips already got full refund from yifu.
I'am little concerned because steamboat was online a while ago and hes still did not said anything.
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:04:42 PM

I think you're the one who needs to read the threads.

Zefir stated he has requested a refund in this post
SebastianJu stated he has requested a refund in this post. Moreover, in the same post he states he has received the BTC for 3 refund requests already. He also says the same here.

I'm not sure where you got your information from, but your points drawn from it are absolute nonsense.

I agree with this jasinlee, glade you pointed out this point before I was about to mention this just now.  If anyone wants a refund, fill out the sheet, we need a full batch requesting refunds to be able to initiate a refund request with Yifu.  This is a "groupbuy" so decisions need to be made as a group, and if the majority says they dont want refunds, tough shit.

The joke is that the real majority hasn't even been asked to take a stand on "refund" or "no refund" yet, due to steamboats failure to communicate. Yeah, tough shit.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
cpengr

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:07:04 PM

<ad hominem nonsense snipped>

You want your refund, yeah we get it. The rest of us are recalculating based on btc pricing and looking at ROI time shortening significantly.

Oh really? I've seen more refund requests than 'i want my chips' requests since 29th of August. But apparently you know more  Huh

Apparently I do, if you check the numbers, they are still heavily on the I want my chips side. I dont think the excel sheet although self appointed has even reached 1/3rd of 1 batch yet.

You cannot rightly claim the spreadsheet as evidence for your claim without rebutting my counterpoints:

jasinlee, good point about the spreadsheet, however I don't think it fully supports the claim that people are "heavily on the I want my chips side". It's an unofficial poll, just to serve as a registry of interest (if I understand correctly).

1. Some people may not bother, on account of it being unofficial.
2. Others may not want to post their transaction IDs and stake publicly.
3. There were no explicit options for "I definitely want my chips" or "I'm waiting for steamboat" or "I want the chips only if they're delivered before XX/YY date", so there is no way to distinguish between those.
4. Isn't the percentage of buyers actively following this thread also unknown?
5. It also doesn't speak to the funds already paid for PCB & assembly at all, and steamboat hasn't yet clarified what's gong to happen with this. It's quite reasonable for those who have paid to wait to respond until they understand the full scope of their options.

In summary, AFAIK you may be right, but that isn't proof.
drdops

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:09:57 PM

Everyone does know that a group by means a Batch of 10,000 chips. As stated earlier, how do you expect a refund, if not even 1/3 of 1 Batch requests so?
While I am patiently waiting for SB to post an update, I do still want an option for folks to request a refund. If 10K+ chip refunds are requested, then he should put in a request for the refund.

Don't let the low percentages (1/3) fool you -- several folks (myself included) are waiting on the sideline to see what SB offers in regards to assembly refunds before we decide if we want chip refunds. There just isn't enough information yet for us to decide. Once we have that information I think there will be more than 10K chip refund requests.

+1
ionstorm

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:17:38 PM

Has their been any refunds before our groupbuy's?  We may possibly get our chips even quicker Wink  

Guys if you want a refund lets all post to the spreadsheet, we need 10,000+ chips in order to refund, if we dont reach that, maybe we can possibly auction off those chips to recoup some money.  I am in group buys 1 & 2 and wont be refunding, but I however support refunds for chips and very partial to full refunds for assembly.  It'd be nice to have an accurate ETA on when steamboat will receive batches 1 & 2 so we can calculate our profits/losses and estimates for ROI more accurately.  Steamboat is a hell of a guy for doing what he is doing, please be patient, things done in haste can end up being a mistake and end up hurting others.  Hell I lost my job right after ordering 128+ chips and full assembly for them all as well as putting in over $3000 in investments in other group buys and BFL products and im not losing my cool and being disrespectful.  So yea im a broke bastard that spent my complete savings in bitcoin miners, I might be foolish but dare I be rude, i'll never do it.  Guys be cool, steamboat is on top of things.
mastahofdesastah

Activity: 163

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:21:20 PM

sorry guys, missed the spreadsheet. can someone pm/post the link?
Wanna add 320 Chips batch #5
alfabitcoin

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:26:48 PM

Zefir just got btc refund from yifu for his 3 batches.
At this point and considering that Steve has been online several times recently, we will get chips or boards.
cpengr

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:27:37 PM

sorry guys, missed the spreadsheet. can someone pm/post the link?
Wanna add 320 Chips batch #5

Considering a refund for 50 batch #2 chips, depends on the refund on assembly.

burnin is promising 50% refund on assembly. Could you promise the same order of magnitude?

This is a very good question. For those choosing the refund option, surely there is at least SOME room for partial refunds on assembly. Especially for those that ordered full assembly, testing, and rush shipping...

As for requesting refunds, I've decided I DO want a refund for my order of 36 Batch #4 chips. But why is everyone emailing Steamboat and getting on some spreadsheet? Didn't Steamboat say we would be notified of how to request refunds? Should we really be posting transaction details in this thread? I'm just sayin...

"We will post an update and send an email to everyone who has purchased chips with additional information and instructions once we have received confirmation of the refund option."

Nobody is emailing steamboat - I am organizing this.  I am only doing this to show that we can at least get to one full batch (10,000 chips).   So I am just doing this preemptively and hopefully will make steamboats load a little lighter and just to show amount of interest.

If you wish to be added to the list either pm me the details (username, chips #, batch #, transaction id) or send the info to ChipRefund@3mail.33mail.com - transaction ID is absolutely necessary to verify all claims.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au277u2T6_H3dGRjZkllM3R5cTdVXzZpd0h2Sm5Ub3c#gid=0
villex

Activity: 154

Mining hardware assembler and administrator.

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:28:05 PM

Zefir just got btc refund from yifu for his 3 batches.

SebastianJu's just got the 4th.
Boxman90

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:32:30 PM

Source for Zefir's statement:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg3066627#msg3066627

That makes all group buys having requested and received refunds, except this one. This one is just dead silent.

Don't screw us, steamboat.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:36:32 PM

I'm not crazy about the rhetoric running around in this thread, but Steamboat's silence on the thread is disconcerting at this point. Hope he goes public with a plan soon.
ionstorm

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:41:52 PM

ok, lets entertain the refund idea, we get all batches refunded, how can we then turn those refunded BTC into immediate profits?  What hardware is available immediately that we can purchase?  We need to recover our losses from the delay & assembly not being refunded?  So which hardware is available today that ships immediately?  Is asicminer products available?
alfabitcoin

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:26:34 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 09:26:23 PM by alfabitcoin

You should also know that there is no fully populated klondike board hashing. Seems to be firmware problems but could be anything at this point. BKK have a pause and work on his house. Others are trying to fix it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.msg3066801#msg3066801

edit
Terrahash has klondike 16 hashing at good speed but high HW errors and they did some changes on hw and software to acchive this. Current bkk firmaware seem to have problems with fully populated board.

At least Steamboat could update us on how klondike is preforming. He sent samples from all the batches (180 chips) to devs? And we are still in the dark. He stopped to communicate individually here in the thread. Only update us biweekly with one big post and miss to address many other questions. I addmit, I'am concerned and think that is not profesional. Further he does not have any terms published on his site (L.S.D.inc), no warranty on pcb and parts, absolutely nothing.Electronic pcb test should be free if assambly only is provided but he charge it. If assambly only k16 is without firmware. IMO hes prices are pretty expensive, but we had a deadline to preorder (!) (End of June) and he is the first to offer it and we had none to compare with.
This is not a custom order as something designed specifficly to the end user and he must comply to the US laws and bitpay regulations as paymant processor.

Basicaly, he can wait until deliver. He paid first batch with his own money and then collected from GB. Batch 2 were ordered after he collected the funds and all batches what came after, he ordered and paid when half of batch were bought(although that were his choice).
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:39:16 PM

ok, lets entertain the refund idea, we get all batches refunded, how can we then turn those refunded BTC into immediate profits?  What hardware is available immediately that we can purchase?  We need to recover our losses from the delay & assembly not being refunded?  So which hardware is available today that ships immediately?  Is asicminer products available?

best bet is buy bitcoins. next diff can be 80M..
ionstorm

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:43:10 PM

You should also know that there is no fully populated klondike board hashing. Seems to be firmware problems but could be anything at this point. BKK have a pause and work on his house. Others are trying to fix it.
If this is for real then everyone should get a refund.
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:26:31 PM

If this is for real then everyone should get a refund.

I've been following the Klondike 16 thread since the beginning. It's an amazing project and BkkCoins has developed what I believe is a solid design. I'm sure any existing problems will be ironed out and the boards will work well. With that said, I don't believe there is yet a known working example of the K16. BkkCoins has NOT publicly posted in the K16 thread that he has a fully working 16 chip board.

So yes, to my personal knowledge this is "for real".

As for the "spreadsheet" - it's accuracy it completely unknown at this point, so it's useless to speculate on how many people want refunds based on the spreadsheet numbers. I know for a FACT it's inaccurate, because I'm not represented on it… LOL

But seriously, there have GOT to be at LEAST 10k chips worth of people wanting refunds.

I'm beginning to feel a little bit like a mushroom here - I'm tired of being kept in the dark.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:50:51 PM

edit
Terrahash has klondike 16 hashing at good speed but high HW errors and they did some changes on hw and software to acchive this. Current bkk firmaware seem to have problems with fully populated board.

At least Steamboat could update us on how klondike is preforming. He sent samples from all the batches (180 chips) to devs? And we are still in the dark. He stopped to communicate individually here in the thread. Only update us biweekly with one big post and miss to address many other questions. I addmit, I'am concerned and think that is not profesional. Further he does not have any terms published on his site (L.S.D.inc), no warranty on pcb and parts, absolutely nothing.Electronic pcb test should be free if assambly only is provided but he charge it. If assambly only k16 is without firmware. IMO hes prices are pretty expensive, but we had a deadline to preorder (!) (End of June) and he is the first to offer it and we had none to compare with.
This is not a custom order as something designed specifficly to the end user and he must comply to the US laws and bitpay regulations as paymant processor.

Basicaly, he can wait until deliver. He paid first batch with his own money and then collected from GB. Batch 2 were ordered after he collected the funds and all batches what came after, he ordered and paid when half of batch were bought(although that were his choice).

It seems to me that a couple of people, alfabitcoin and boxman90, who are for whatever reason not personally satisfied (and will never be) personally satisfied, have decided upon themselves to take over this thread and turn it into a complete bitchfest about anything and everything.

If there is no communication to their liking, they bitch about it.

If there is no e-mail from Steamboat, they bitch about it.

If they're some e-mail from Steamboat, they bitch about it.

If there is some sort of small error with the board on some other thread, they bitch about it.

If the difficulty increases and they see their ROI threatened, they bitch about it.

Let's just call it for what it is. Cold feet when the going gets a little tough. Plain old whining.

Let's have a little more whining please, because that will make everything better, will help you get refunds, and it will make the boards hash better. Maybe Steamboat will come on here, and give you a little hug, so you'll feel better.

alfabitcoin

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:54:57 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 11:20:30 PM by alfabitcoin

edit

It seems to me that a couple of people, alfabitcoin and boxman90, who are for whatever reason not personally satisfied (and will never be) personally satisfied, have decided upon themselves to take over this thread and turn it into a complete bitchfest about anything and everything.

If there is no communication to their liking, they bitch about it.

If there is no e-mail from Steamboat, they bitch about it.

If they're some e-mail from Steamboat, they bitch about it.

If there is some sort of small error with the board on some other thread, they bitch about it.

If the difficulty increases and they see their ROI threatened, they bitch about it.

Let's just call it for what it is. Cold feet when the going gets a little tough. Plain old whining.

Let's have a little more whining please, because that will make everything better, will help you get refunds, and it will make the boards hash better. Maybe Steamboat will come on here, and give you a little hug, so you'll feel better.

Leave me out your fight with boxman!

Sorry did I offend you or steamboat in any way or address you?? I have asked valid question and if you dont like or not interessed dont read it. I like to be informed and that is whining to you! I wasnt disrespectfull to anyone so dont address me in this way!
I am aware that I can not change anything and always stated that waiting for update.
You are not interesed in how klondike is preforming and other info?

I even have pm'ed Marto does he has some k16 preformance results. He answered that hes focus on his hex16 what has different hw design and can be overlocked to 450Mhz. As he know "ordinary" klondike can run around 320Mhz.

According to Steamboat last update we are not getting any refund for assambly service. If that remain, then I am for to get the klondike, but I have some question about it like I have asked. What is wrong in that?
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: