Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:11:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin  (Read 31296 times)
arnux

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:19:26 PM

I mean I don't think there's any more crime happening with Bitcoin than it is daily with cash. I don't understand the reason why people think it's used more.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:14:25 PM

I think any other currency or valuables can be use to commit crime not only bitcoin, its jut because gov is not comfortable with how bitcoin gain mass adoption and potentially replace their corrupt monetary system, they are criminal for their roles allowing such monetary system to operate and scamming people on a daily basis

You and I can agree that most governments are corrupt and should be in jail. On the other hand, they are the ones that control the police and they aren't put in jail at all even after doing an obvious scam. Oh well, just do your thing and kinda just ignore the fact that the government is not doing you any good. It is going to continue like that in the future and we can't do anything about it at all. Even if we cast a vote on better candidates, promote a good candidate, etc. They are still going to win because they rig the elections.

It is also possible that the government just don't want new ideas coming into the country. They want the country to stay the same so they can manipulate it so easily. Bitcoin opens a door of opportunities and the government are not getting any tax from people earning money through bitcoins. They also have no way of limiting people from using it. They applied that "Prevention is better than cure" mentality so they banned bitcoin even though there aren't much bitcoin users yet.

MisterPrada

Activity: 179
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:26:35 PM

For the underworld, BTC is a very good currency. On the black market, it's already been for several years that illegal transactions with payment of BitCoin have been committed. Of course, petty criminals like quick profits, but for some, the anonymity of the transaction is very important. Now, in connection with the growth of currency criminals also want to get it. They generally do not care, the main thing is that anonymously and without intermediaries. If among those present there are such crimes, maybe they will open a small curtain and tell something)
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:54:54 PM

For the underworld, BTC is a very good currency. On the black market, it's already been for several years that illegal transactions with payment of BitCoin have been committed. Of course, petty criminals like quick profits, but for some, the anonymity of the transaction is very important. Now, in connection with the growth of currency criminals also want to get it. They generally do not care, the main thing is that anonymously and without intermediaries. If among those present there are such crimes, maybe they will open a small curtain and tell something)

Bitcoin leaves a digital trail. If you want to be truly anonymous, use black bytes by byteball. I do believe that if criminals are actually using bitcoin, the price will be wayyyy higher. This price is nothing compared to how much money is being transacted by mafias everyday. Sometimes real life is even more anonymous because you can meetup somewhere off the grid and you will not be traced by any CCTV. In movies, in order for them to have zero trail at all, they kill the people that knows about them or have a slight idea on what they are doing. In bitcoin, once you have sent money to an address, it will forever be in the public ledger. Anonymous or not?

I can't stress this enough but I do think that there's only a really small amount of criminals that are using bitcoin for their shady activities. First, if you have millions of dollars, are you going to put it in something that you are not really sure of the price? Are you going to put it to something which price goes up and down every single day. I think that people are exaggerated by the idea of deep web but that's just my opinion. I'm no deep web or bitcoin expert.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Wallytred

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:02:09 PM

Criminals use cash much more often than BTC, I think. But the myth of using BTC by such people is a good reason for BTC haters to vote for ban of cryptocurrencies.
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:14:14 PM

I mean I don't think there's any more crime happening with Bitcoin than it is daily with cash. I don't understand the reason why people think it's used more.

Its all depends i guess. There's many people who use bitcoins for illegal activities. Life Drug Smuggling Money laundering etc .
Bitcoins is not a crime but peoples are making it like that. I think that's the reason why some peoples hates bitcoins and some countries like china tried to  ban the use of bitcoins giving this as a reason. Even Most ICO are scams  Angry

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
Gasotard

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:15:02 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
Criminals are everywhere though. They don't talk about the pound or Euro much.

fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:47:02 PM

Advantage and disadvantage are two words that have a subjective meaning. People have different agendas and what one can call as an advantage can be called by another as a disadvantage and vice versa. But in terms of being a disadvantage to the society, it is same that we cannot please everybody, there will be advantages and disadvantages to things. But the continuation to the use of bitcoin would still be people believing in bitcoin and the benefits of using it outweighing the consequences. If it is true the the increased number of criminality is directly related with bitcoin, then let us not be surprised to hear our government making regulations to safekeep the nation and its people from this cryptocurrencies.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:51:49 PM

i doubt it.
criminal activities were happening even before bitcoin. for example the ransomware that everyone is talking about these days have been around a very long time before bitcoin was created!

and besides since bitcoin doesn't offer real anonymity it can not really help the criminals as much as things like hard cash helps them.
You are right but this anonymity has actually helped them.to conceal their identity. They might not immediately cash out this ransom from bitcoins but they could easily wait for a few months when the authorities are bit more relaxed and then cash it out. Their identity will be absolutely concealed without any chance of getting caught which was common in case of cash ransomware.
wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:20:01 PM

Criminals use cash much more often than BTC, I think. But the myth of using BTC by such people is a good reason for BTC haters to vote for ban of cryptocurrencies.
Bitcoin may not be yet so much popular in criminal and it is also not so much easy to use it. in fact they will never take the risk on something that they not easily understand. On other hand I think it is the responsibility of the state control the criminal activities of the people therefore I do not think that we can blaim bitcoin for criminal activities.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:45:26 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

We cannot blame it entirely to the anonymity of bitcoin because if there's a payment then where is the service or product delivered? If these criminals are using cryptocurrency to be paid by their customers, why not look up for the possible products that are delivered? But then again we are not all good lookers, are we? Don't blame bitcoin because it just do what it suppose to do.
Dorothly

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:58:51 PM

Criminals operate very aggressively, and they use bitcoin as a means, a safe payment channel for criminal activity.
Dorothly

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:00:38 PM

I don't believe on it.  Maybe there are some people who commits cyber criminalities but you cannot link it to bitcoin.  It is true that loving money is the root of many evils and since bitcoin provides opportunity to earn lots of money, maybe some cyber criminals tried it to bitcoin. It is so disappointing that after the good opportunity bitcoin offers there are some people (those cyber criminals) ruined the good reputation of bitcoin in internet world for their own sake. 
BitCoin is the money, capture the main BitCoin is to win money
With this truth, criminals have used bitcoin for many of their criminal actions and made bitcoins bad in the eyes of everyone.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:05:25 PM

Bitcoin may not be yet so much popular in criminal and it is also not so much easy to use it. in fact they will never take the risk on something that they not easily understand. On other hand I think it is the responsibility of the state control the criminal activities of the people therefore I do not think that we can blaim bitcoin for criminal activities.
There's a lot of money laundering services by the way involve bitcoin ,
Especially when you come to deep web , where illegal things listed there and use bitcoin as a payment ,
Really unfortunate to see people abuse the function of bitcoin.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:36:51 AM

Bitcoin is in no way responsible for the increase in criminality ratio.Criminality has been in existence even before bitcoin was created.Already,many have criticized bitcoin that it is used for illegal purposes.Yet,relating bitcoin to criminality is their another form of attack on bitcoin.They just want to show that bitcoin is totally bad for the society by any way.

Even criminals won't get to be paid in bitcoins as their transactions could be easily traced and they could be caught.So,it could be only said as a false allegation.
dasher797

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Get your share of the future

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:51:29 AM

I think we cannot judge bitcoin as evil currency. Any currencies are already used for criminality. I think bitcoinis in good progress now, criminality using bitcoin is decrease now.

Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:54:27 AM

Maybe because there so many crime activities through using bitcoin, example of this is some investment use it for scam, and some of them use it for illegal transaction like buying drugs, weapons and also fake passport, they use it because the transaction here is not easily to trace.
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:56:49 AM

There is always two sides in any change, good/bad, pros/cons, advantage/disadvantages...inseparable most of the times. Just like bitcoin when it became as an exchange medium in the crypto system. Bad elements will always get their hands into anything profitable...it’s inevitable.

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:01:52 AM

Criminality has been in existence right before the arrival of bitcoin, but it can aloo be increase using bitcoin. Con to think of the untraceable way in bitcoin transactions that can aid the buying of criminal arms without trace and also the money laundering which is greatly affecting developing countries today can easily be carried out using bitcoin transactions.
mware

Activity: 390

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:15:18 AM

nope. bitcoin is a tool used by crime groups. online extortion like wannacry they are using bitcoin for ransom. Criminals have gone to modernize their methods to commit a crime as the times progress
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: