Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:14:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin  (Read 31296 times)
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:41:36 PM

i doubt it.
criminal activities were happening even before bitcoin. for example the ransomware that everyone is talking about these days have been around a very long time before bitcoin was created!

and besides since bitcoin doesn't offer real anonymity it can not really help the criminals as much as things like hard cash helps them.
Yes bitcoin was not the reason why criminality in other increases. Criminality was one of the main problem all over the world and that is not because of bitcoin but because of poverty. Bitcoin created to help people in their financial need and i cant see any reason to connect it to criminality. On the other hand how can bitcoin be connected in criminality? Can you please show any proof on it?
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:49:54 PM

Bitcoin has chances of criminality,bad people also using the bitcoin facilities like decentralized,and anonymous transactions and terrorists also mislead the bitcoin usage.have to protect the bitcoin.
its used since its also a currency which have value and each time we used it its valued like a normal money, bitcoin cant avoid being use in any act of criminality and for sure its been targeted as well by well known criminals as they can hide themselves into it.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:53:04 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

in my opinion bitcoin does not cause criminals because bitcoin provides benefits for all humans. in my opinion should be done safeguards or regulations for bitcoin lovers so they do not commit crime.

cryptolit

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 01:58:45 PM

The same thing is said of Whatsapp and many other tools. Criminals will use anything, cash included, to achieve their aims. They exist and they will do their criminal activities regardless of Bitcoin.
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:09:54 PM

Criminality in each country was existing before bitcoin exist but if we think that criminality was using bitcoin it is possible because if you want to transact with a big amount of money it ia applicable for criminality so that no one can say that bitcoin cant use for criminality as we can say if you want it is possible.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:21:52 PM

I think this as a propaganda to drop the value of bitcoin in the eyes of the world, in Indonesia this has happened, a hacker from England try to hack Dharmais Hospital located in Jakarta. by asking for a ransom by paying him with bitcoin, but the police's alertness in Britain was able to arrest the perpetrator. If indeed bitcoin is used for criminals I think it's a coincidence. And I'm the one who disagrees if bitcoin is associated with negative things.
Has that been hard hacking or more threads like DDoSing them for extortionary purpose? Could you add a link containing some more details?
Since several days there are ongoing network level attacks against several known-or-not-so-known market places taking place. Of unclear origins, could be the market owners against each others. Could be an approach of following the traffic jam to locate the servers. Crime thriller in the making, always makes me curious.
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:41:00 PM

I think this as a propaganda to drop the value of bitcoin in the eyes of the world, in Indonesia this has happened, a hacker from England try to hack Dharmais Hospital located in Jakarta. by asking for a ransom by paying him with bitcoin, but the police's alertness in Britain was able to arrest the perpetrator. If indeed bitcoin is used for criminals I think it's a coincidence. And I'm the one who disagrees if bitcoin is associated with negative things.
Almost all criminality are involving money, some country are claiming that virtual currency is the roots of all crimes to happen because in the first place that virtual currency is having anonymous transaction and no other party involve so they say that it is prone to be use in money laundering and other crime accessories, but in fact for me even they only see the negative side of virtual currency like bitcoin but still it helps million of people improving their life who are earning bitcoin in religious way.

Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:41:32 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

Correlation and causation are two different things. Cryptocurrency is not a recent invention so don't blame the anonymity of bitcoin. What should the government focus on is to secure their trading ports so no illegal shipment would sneak off. They should support cryptocurrency so that people would not think to do inappropriate operations.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
baundul

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:59:25 PM

Bitcoin, it was not designed to do anything that would offend. I think it is ready for online marketing and online transactions. Advanced countries are involved in criminal activities with its security scope. If Euro and UK people use criminals, then what is Bitcoin's fault?
Adv Tahmina

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:26:31 PM

I don't think that bitcoin should be connected to criminality!  Criminal activities is independent of any certain financial system.  If criminal activities is linked  with bitcoin then it should be checked so as to prevent any criminal misuse of this financial system.
bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:55:24 PM

any surplus must have its shortcomings as well as its definite bitcoin there is also the lack of one of its as a source of funds or profit seekers to run crime because there is no legal force that regulate and bind bitcoin all depends on individual human who runs the results of bitcoin
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:00:06 PM

I don't think that bitcoin should be connected to criminality!  Criminal activities is independent of any certain financial system.  If criminal activities is linked  with bitcoin then it should be checked so as to prevent any criminal misuse of this financial system.
actually the criminality in bitcoin persists as an example is investment. it's also a scam that uses a mlm or ponzi system. other than that in the real form is also still many cases

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Virman01

Activity: 402

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:00:14 PM

crime is not just from bitcoin alone, even people who do not know bitcoin, they could be the target of criminals, but there is also true crime on the internet increases.
fedora8

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:04:47 AM

I consider this is a type of bash or placing the BTC down to its level, precisely the lender business people collaboration. Despite the fact that its up to them how to choose and normally place destructive troubles to the stable cryptocurrency.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:20:54 AM

This is so not a big deal. Of course bitcoin can be used for crime and so are other things like jewelry, cash, etc. When a person decides to be bad, he will use anything that he knows and has to do a certain crime, and bitcoin could be his or her accessory.

supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:21:02 AM

Indeed bitcoin can be used for crime. With bitcoin's value, a lot of heinous activities can be thought of. Like smuggling and drug dealing, there are lots of crimes that can be incorporated with bitcoin. I guess we just need to have the initiative to report it.
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:31:37 PM

I think cryptocurrencies could be used not only by cybercriminals. Use virtual money suitable for all kinds of organized crime. This could be money laundering, trade of weapons, drugs, financing of terrorism.
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:22:28 AM

Bitcoin offers anonymity which is a safe haven for people with malicious intentions. But IMO, it doesn't matter whether bitcoin has this feature or not since people will still use it for criminality like how fiat are used too in illegal transactions.
Mehedi72

Activity: 760
Merit: 109

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 06:39:56 AM

You are right.  nowadays many countries are banning bitcoin and  As my opinion,  due to criminality are increasing more than before due to bitcoin cause supid people like them, use bitcoin for doing bad kind of work & activities. Government trying to provide it.

degaga15

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:52:55 AM

wow cool, criminals are already making transactions with bitcoin payments, I just know this thing, I think this is the most terrible, there is no legal defense for bitcoin, if bitcoin robbery occurs, we can only surrender.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: