Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:34:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin  (Read 31296 times)
lucas.zimmer

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:34:30 AM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
I agree to you somehow because bad people find easier to do their bad jobs due to the existence of bitcoins therefore this results to increasing number of cyber crimes. They take advantage on bitcoin's security aspects in doing their transactions, they now prefer more to deal with others through the cyber world because they believed that police authorithies will find harder to trace them which makes them more confident in doing their businesses. That's why even payments done in crimes like buying and selling of illegal firearms, illegal drugs and even slavery that are typically done in person-to-person meetings are now done with the help of bitcoins.

These things are very disappointing to know buy we can't escape the truth that bitcoins can also be used to do evil deeds.

Unfortunately it is very disappointing. I love everything about bitcoin and crypto currency market but knowing that dark side is also in the market makes me very sad.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:15:45 PM

In fact, we can't stop crime and money laundering. Criminals are not stupid people, they are complacent with their communications and use it to harm others, criminals are always looking for and using anything, bitcoin is an example...although bitcoins bring a lot of benefits to our lives, they also benefit criminals. A clean currency is stained.

Money and criminality is a direct relation. If you have a bitcoin then its mean you have a money and you can do anything with a money it depend on your used. If you want use your money for your criminality then you can used and if you want to use your money for good work then you can use.
Simple, you can understand we are the controller our money, Bitcoin and Dollar or other currencies are the tools to help the world have a means to transfer money. Depend on our purpose, the currency can be the evil or angel in the eye of people.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
uncoinwhales

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:23:32 PM

bitcoin can increase number of Criminality but this back to bad use of users not bad about bitcoin
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:40:56 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
I agree to you somehow because bad people find easier to do their bad jobs due to the existence of bitcoins therefore this results to increasing number of cyber crimes. They take advantage on bitcoin's security aspects in doing their transactions, they now prefer more to deal with others through the cyber world because they believed that police authorithies will find harder to trace them which makes them more confident in doing their businesses. That's why even payments done in crimes like buying and selling of illegal firearms, illegal drugs and even slavery that are typically done in person-to-person meetings are now done with the help of bitcoins.

These things are very disappointing to know buy we can't escape the truth that bitcoins can also be used to do evil deeds.

Unfortunately it is very disappointing. I love everything about bitcoin and crypto currency market but knowing that dark side is also in the market makes me very sad.

that's illogical as bitcoin is also a currency so how it can avoid being use inside criminality? I don't get the point that you are disappointed mate we should consider it as another ways of introducing bitcoin to its much bigger venue the more issue that has been created to give negative feedback with this investment the more people getting ideas of good opportunity to ride with it.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Simon pasco

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:42:09 PM

the monero is not more adpater to keep his anonymity?
christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:54:11 PM

In fact, we can't stop crime and money laundering. Criminals are not stupid people, they are complacent with their communications and use it to harm others, criminals are always looking for and using anything, bitcoin is an example...although bitcoins bring a lot of benefits to our lives, they also benefit criminals. A clean currency is stained.

Money and criminality is a direct relation. If you have a bitcoin then its mean you have a money and you can do anything with a money it depend on your used. If you want use your money for your criminality then you can used and if you want to use your money for good work then you can use.
yes it can but the use that you say is not because we can track the transaction here in bitcoin,i think we can say criminality because of the pshing site here or they scam with bitcoin's use as tools.I think digital money is so easy to use like bitcoin but to do crime here is easy also
osasshem

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:43:59 PM

For every good thing made for the aim of better tomorrow, there will always rise and bad side, because the people who makes the bad side rise, they benefits from it which give the novice who does not know about the good done will make them only see the bad part of the thing made. This is not only in bitcoin, and in technology.
Operationen

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:48:35 PM

For every good thing made for the aim of better tomorrow, there will always rise and bad side, because the people who makes the bad side rise, they benefits from it which give the novice who does not know about the good done will make them only see the bad part of the thing made. This is not only in bitcoin, and in technology.

There is no direct relationship between bitcoin and the criminality.

This is the argument of anti-bitcoiners, pro-bitcoiners showed this argument is wrong.
DassKass

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:58:26 PM

By “increase in bitcoin” I’m assuming increase in bitcoin price rather than the volume of bitcoin in circulation.

Either way, Bitcoin has got nothing to do with crime. Even laundering money through Bitcoin is getting harder, given how bitcoin exchanges take your personal information before trading it for fiat currency.

The silkroad bust proves that criminals can be easily tracked via bitcoin transactions, so in some cases the opposite may be true!
obizcoin.ico

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 06:28:20 AM

Criminal activities can increase if the exchanges are not regulated. Governments of all countries are working towards it and we are seeing visible difference now in 2017
Exchanges should follow stricter KYC and AML rules and regulations
Stopping or banning cryptocurrency won't be a solution. It will certainly do more harm than good to the governments.
Countries observing ban on cryptocurrencies will witness cash drain from their country as people have adopted the dawning of cryptocurrencies.
maaydin

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:14:47 PM

Well Bitcoin is an open source for money laundering and opens new ways to internet related crimes. But btc can`t be stopped now and instead of blaming it we should seek new ways how to prevent those crimes.
DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:54:46 AM

Their is dark side of bitcoin which is associated with criminality. Nowdays bitcoin has become the currency of choice for cyber criminals. Its innovative transaction and distinctive characteristics of decentralisation are attractive to the criminals and yet bitcoin in some countries assess as a low money laundering tool. Bitcoin constitutes a substantial danger in term of criminal enterprise. And also help the people associated with criminal justice awareness and law enforcement agencies.
RaymanC.

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:14:40 AM

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

How will bitcoin increase the number of criminality? They did a crime not because of bitcoin it is because they chose it.
VladimirsV

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:34:48 AM

The crime were before BTC and will be after. They will always be regardless of the cryptocurrency.  Undecided
hangar18

Activity: 676

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:54:10 PM

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

that's illogical as bitcoin is also a currency so how it can avoid being use inside criminality? I don't get the point that you are disappointed mate we should consider it as another ways of introducing bitcoin to its much bigger venue the more issue that has been created to give negative feedback with this investment the more people getting ideas of good opportunity to ride with it.
Although we can not make the criminal stop using Bitcoin for crime, but the fact, we can minimize the activity of them in cryptocurrency. They can not use normal exchange to cash out, they need to use private exchange through dark web or other platform.
Fancyax

Activity: 196

Personal Text: Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:21:22 PM

I read somewhere that a study demonstrated that 90% of US bills carry traces of cocaine. Should we fight usd instead of fighting cocaine?
Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contaminated_currency#In_the_United_States

CowboyKiller

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:27:43 PM

How will bitcoin increase the number of criminality? They did a crime not because of bitcoin it is because they chose it.
Bitcoin provides the criminial a currency as a payment method for crime payment. But the fact, Bitcoin is fresh currency and it does not create for this purpose. If I compare Bitcoin to Monero about anonymous and dark site transaction, I think Monero is better than Bitcoin and Monero is really altcoin created for criminal.
misterj

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:49:28 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin really been used as a currency in deepweb. Means that in the past, bitcoin is frequently used in criminal business rather than used in legal online shops to buy some things. But as of now, I believe things have changed and bitcoin affiliation in criminality decreased and it is more often used today as a currency for exchange.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
maxim000

Activity: 304

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:55:53 PM

Bitcoin is born out of criminality. All those early adopters who are millionaire today must be involved in something like that. Cheesy there is no deny to that. But today more than Bitcoin, other privacy coins are more threat and have better utility in criminal activities. Today Bitcoin stand nowhere there and is largely being replaced. I don't understand why world's governments are even worried about Bitcoin being used in criminality. Today nobody is using it really for it.
jilani

Activity: 244

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:03:44 PM

I agree with you in this very sensitive issue.Some criminal & maximum hacker used in Bitcoin for to complete their illegal activities.But i really dislike this illegal activity by Bitcoin.Bitcoin is only for legal act i support it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: