Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:54:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin  (Read 31296 times)
xnuggets

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:06:07 PM

Well I believe bitcoin is a hot topic nowadays, also it is continuing on progressing.
On the other side, Criminality has been started without bitcoin, for some reasons some people will find ways on how to escape reality by doing bad things such as stealing, hacking, or other things. But I believe it will be a hard time for them to this things, especially there are many security in bitcoin, if it is in terms of getting bitcoin from other user.

nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:07:29 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
I beg to differ. Criminal activities cannot be linked to the advent of Bitcoins. They are two different entities and never a subset.
Even though some scammers make use of bitcoins in their nefarious online frauds, they had existed even before the introduction of crytocurrencies
kafeelniazi

Activity: 280

Organic PR on Tier 1 media

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:46:25 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
Ahh please. Justice system always needed scapegoats to hide its incompetence. I am not saying that cryptocurrencies are not being used by criminals but it does not mean cryptos are solely responsible for rise in transboundary crimes. Take a break and look at all other factors which are giving rise to such crimes like increase in poverty level, increased economical constraints on once legal services, increased level of dissatisfaction on global politics among people and lack of quality education.

"Unlock Your Project's True Potential with Leading Media Exposure: Get Featured on Forbes, Coin Telegraph, USA WEEKLY & more – Gain Global Recognition and Skyrocket Your Success!"
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:43:29 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2017, 09:32:20 AM by MCVXYZ

Everything is comparative! I think that the most used currency in illegal activities is dollar.If the investigating authorities have a doubt in this bitcoin operation , they have a legal right to investigate easily because they have special  source to find information about it.so By the time Bitcoin is the most undesirable currency for drug trafficking, trafficking and other illegal activities, since the investigation of all unlawful transactions are faster and easier than in centralized currencies.
Blackwhite69

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:43:13 AM

I agree with you in this very sensitive issue.Some criminal & maximum hacker used in Bitcoin for to complete their illegal activities.But i really dislike this illegal activity by Bitcoin.Bitcoin is only for legal act i support it.

Here are some of the weaknesses of Bitcoin because it has a high criminal rate for everyone who plays in it. Wink
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:08:53 PM

How will bitcoin increase the number of criminality? They did a crime not because of bitcoin it is because they chose it.
Bitcoin provides the criminial a currency as a payment method for crime payment. But the fact, Bitcoin is fresh currency and it does not create for this purpose. If I compare Bitcoin to Monero about anonymous and dark site transaction, I think Monero is better than Bitcoin and Monero is really altcoin created for criminal.

Its a big fact of bitcoins. Maybe its the main reason why bitcoin is banned in some country. But since there's no control on bitcoin neither we can track it so i think its hard to caught those people who are involve with Criminality and illegal activities with bitcoins. For the sake of bitcoin we should stop it but those criminal mind does not care about bitcoins, they just need illegal money no matter how it comes.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:11:22 PM

I agree with you in this very sensitive issue.Some criminal & maximum hacker used in Bitcoin for to complete their illegal activities.But i really dislike this illegal activity by Bitcoin.Bitcoin is only for legal act i support it.

Here are some of the weaknesses of Bitcoin because it has a high criminal rate for everyone who plays in it. Wink
Well its been mentioned before that bitcoin won't be able to avoid this act to happen as we knew that those illegal doers are also wiser to know that the system offers decentralized transactions and its undetectable so they can hide their illegal business inside this industry.
Glaseseye

Activity: 88
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:03:39 PM

That is the advantages and disadvantages of bitcoin which is in fact in bitcoin, there is no control from outside or from inside therefore the people who use bitcoin can do crime or illegal tranksaksi and there are using bitcoin as a tool to invest. That way people who know how to use bitcoin no matter how the way or the way, as long as there are more advantages of the way
Xester (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:07:09 PM

That is the advantages and disadvantages of bitcoin which is in fact in bitcoin, there is no control from outside or from inside therefore the people who use bitcoin can do crime or illegal tranksaksi and there are using bitcoin as a tool to invest. That way people who know how to use bitcoin no matter how the way or the way, as long as there are more advantages of the way

Even the paper money can be used to facilitate and execute a crime.  So bottomline is that, bad guys will always do bad.  It is just that with bitcoin, it makes their life much easier.  No need to hide and make false information.  They just need address and thats it.  Crime has been made.
landolazaro

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:46:16 AM

As far as i know, bitcoin is being used to buy some illegal things in the internet like illegal guns, drugs, and also hiring a hitman. Bitcoin can be used in a good and bad way. It depends to the person if they will use it in either good or bad way. I think thats the reason why some countries ban bitcoin in their place.
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:18:10 AM

yes because of bitcoin the criminal activities are now increase just like scamming people, many HYIP created to double your bitcoin mostly victims in HYIP are newbie in internet world, remember the WannaCry ransomeware they want you to send them around $500 worth of bitcoin to delete that WannaCry virus. We should now more careful.
Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:04:48 AM

Felony activites linked with Bitcoin is one thing, criminaliy s ananoter. I doubt that the existence of Bttcoin plays a part in growing criminality or zinc heightens criminality, but if it's, with this with out Bitcoin, crooks will invariably find a way to do...criminal offense.i hi
Silk road use bitcoin as medium of exchange, but now silk road was shutted down. Most of bitcoin transaction is in exchange site now, people are use bitcoin as a tool to grow their wealth. I think the criminality in bitcoin was reduced so much.

cellat87

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:31:51 AM

Bitcoin can increase the rate of criminality in a country or community because as you can see that the bitcoin is anonymous and the people can take advantage of that to use it to transact different illegal things without getting noticed by the authorities. Bitcoin is decentralized so it is very risky for the authorities to fully trust bitcoin since it has a disadvantage.
Ian Dave

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:50:49 AM

I think Bitcoin is not spreading a criminality. If there is criminal who enter here don't generalize all the users here. Some of working here are not criminal because they are only working to get a money. We are working on a campaign, not all here are criminal.
retnoanjani

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 08:05:02 AM

I think Bitcoin is not spreading a criminality. If there is criminal who enter here don't generalize all the users here. Some of working here are not criminal because they are only working to get a money. We are working on a campaign, not all here are criminal.

thats right. criminals only use bitcoin for their own benefit. an example is the case of hacking multiple large sites, the hacker requested a bitcoin ransom.

Seaze007

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:40:47 AM

i doubt it.
criminal activities were happening even before bitcoin. for example the ransomware that everyone is talking about these days have been around a very long time before bitcoin was created!

and besides since bitcoin doesn't offer real anonymity it can not really help the criminals as much as things like hard cash helps them.
Their are more incidents in our universe. But anyone of us can avoid it. It depends to the government how to work it, to better community. Everyone of us can own bitcoin, and bitcoin is the way to lessen criminality.
ringgo96

Activity: 1582
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 02:11:00 PM

thats right. criminals only use bitcoin for their own benefit. an example is the case of hacking multiple large sites, the hacker requested a bitcoin ransom.
actually the bitcoin is not criminal, the criminal is the man. like us, so do not misunderstand the bitcoin. the nature of people who follow the bitcoin is different, there is a bad nature there is also good. so the good name of the bitcoin is in our hands.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:18:53 PM

i think not. criminality in internet exists even before bitcoin was introduced, bitcoin only improved the works of criminals in the internet especially in the deepweb. transaction that happen in deep web involves bitcoin because it is really safe for them to send the payment taking advantage of the anonimity that the bitcoin offers.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:45:36 PM

i think not. criminality in internet exists even before bitcoin was introduced, bitcoin only improved the works of criminals in the internet especially in the deepweb. transaction that happen in deep web involves bitcoin because it is really safe for them to send the payment taking advantage of the anonimity that the bitcoin offers.

Criminality is really normal and any fiat money, bitcoin, or any form of payment for illegal transactions can be really a target by criminals and it is now the duty of our instituted enforcers to catch them but we cannot really control and stop criminals from using bitcoin because they can and anybody can.
4U

Activity: 195

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:13:29 AM

Bitcoin could well be a uniqueness that's the reason regulation administration towards criminal offense concerning bitcoin has not acquired a lot focus. So, the crooks may even now take a look at it. But I'm certain, quicker or later, as the amount of crimes concerning bitcoin increases, of program congress will require motion by making use of new rules to ensnare the criminals.
I think crime is different thing and bitcoin is different thing but if someone is using bitcoin in crime so I think it’s not good because bitcoin is here to help us and bitcoin has changed a life of thousands of people so I think bitcoin is such a currency which bring peace so we should respect bitcoin and must adopt good and positive things because bitcoin is a life changing currency and that’s why its acceptable to the world and I’m sure rest of people will also use it for good things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: