Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:24:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s)  (Read 206342 times)
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:08:44 PM

It loooks like this https://imgur.com/a/EdcbA  after  i start cast xmr it works for few seconds then the 2x cards on other psu shuts down

im using https://www.miner-shop.cz/prislusenstvi/psu-2-psu/

tryed changing gpu powers cables to 2x 8pin in vga and 2 x8pin in psu from 2x 8pin in vga and 1 8pin psu it had same effect

I managed to get it work with turning on and off all cards in devices  and also turning on and off hbcc on all cards this makes it work but only for 80 mins  then same thing happens
you don't need to do that. Maybe that cable isn't stable enough and creates some stress on the motherboard. There is a much, much cheaper and energy efficient solution to use 2 PSUs at once --I've seen some miners using a very expensive adaptor to connect 2 PSUs to the same motherboard.  Sad ONE of the PSUs doesn't need to connected to the motherboard at all. Learnt this trick in my first year studying computer science and testing computers, 2 years ago --it was one of the questions in the exam  Cheesy Cheesy.

The green and black cable of the the PSU can be bridged using a paper clip, this is meant for the PSU to be tested and check if it works or not. If the fan starts spinning then the PSU is fine (so you check for issues on other componentes).

The EVGAs include a piece of plastic to make that bridge and test the PSUs. You can use that or just the paper clip trick, a bent needle, etc etc etc.

https://aphnetworks.com/tutorials/psu_paperclip_trick

I've always wondered if its a great problem to just have multiple psu and possibly they start at slightly different times but they are all powering the same system.     So say you had alot of hard disks and you put them all on one psu and the other psu powers the rest of the system.   Is that ok to do without it causing a problem and same for the cards, why not just just 1 psu for a bunch of cards and 1 psu to power the motherboard and any other requirements.  

Is a graphics card really not ok ok to split the psu load because some of the power is coming from the slot / riser cable and that has to be exactly synced to the 8 pin power cables.   Im thinking its really not a big deal but I dont especially want to test it and blow up a perfectly good setup or damage it slightly every time its rebooted.  Maybe plug all psus into the same multiple socket extension and its almost dead on (psu age in their capacitors so it would vary some).  More I think about it, Im sure its fine Im just paranoid  Undecided   But why do people pay so much for >1000w psu, theres definitely a premium.

Its one of the myths that needs to debunked maybe
yes, it's just a myth.

All the rigs I've built use 2 PSUs, one powers the motherboard and the SSD (HD, what have you) , the other JUST powers up the cards that the first can't handle, be it because of lack of wattage or because of lack of VGA inputs. I also tried a rig where the SSD was connected into the "secondary" PSU. Everything works so fine, it's flawless.

You could divide tasks up, so a PSU could power the motherboard, then having another PSU powering up the SSD, etc. It's fine.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:41:33 PM

Hello I´m trying to get new rig runing. My 3x vega cards on main PSU are woking fine but whenever i try to run the cards which are supplied by second psu  it runs for  sec and then the second psu and the cards supplied by it shuts down. My main PSu is Evga gold 1000GQ  My second PSu is same brand  but 700w - Evga gold 700GQ which i use to power 4th and 5th card and  their risers(tried to power risers from main psu had the same effect) I can mine on 4th or 5th  vega when launched without the cards on main psu

Is it a PSU problem  ? i also have just 4gb ram but i have enough paging file memory on ssd

what cables are you using? I experienced a similar problem trying to connect a couple of Vegas to a 750W PSU which only had 3 8 pin PCIe connectors, so I had to use a 2 8Pin PCIe to 1 8Pin PCIe adaptor, and the PSU run for less than a second because that cable in particular created some kind of short circuit, and the solution was to use another conector, a SATA to PCIe adaptor which did the job quite well.

It loooks like this https://imgur.com/a/EdcbA  after  i start cast xmr it works for few seconds then the 2x cards on other psu shuts down

tryed changing gpu powers cables to 2x 8pin in vga and 2 x8pin in psu from 2x 8pin in vga and 1 8pin psu it had same effect

I managed to get it work with turning on and off all cards in devices  and also turning on and off hbcc on all cards this makes it work but only for 80 mins  then same thing happens
you don't need to do that. Maybe that cable isn't stable enough and creates some stress on the motherboard. There is a much, much cheaper and energy efficient solution to use 2 PSUs at once --I've seen some miners using a very expensive adaptor to connect 2 PSUs to the same motherboard.  Sad ONE of the PSUs doesn't need to connected to the motherboard at all. Learnt this trick in my first year studying computer science and testing computers, 2 years ago --it was one of the questions in the exam  Cheesy Cheesy.

The green and black cable of the the PSU can be bridged using a paper clip, this is meant for the PSU to be tested and check if it works or not. If the fan starts spinning then the PSU is fine (so you check for issues on other componentes).

The EVGAs include a piece of plastic to make that bridge and test the PSUs. You can use that or just the paper clip trick, a bent needle, etc etc etc.

my psu´s cables are all black
probably an EVGA? EVGAs come with a plastic piece and 2 pins which have the same function as the paper clip trick, checking if the PSU is working well. iirc, it's the 13th and 15th pin you just need to connect, but I am talking from memory here, there should be guides online.
macrophage

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:49:51 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 10:33:39 PM by macrophage

Hello guys  Cool

I am using cast-xmr but i've just processed it to virustotal and got tons of issue.
Does anyone here reversed it or simply sniffed all tcp call using wireshark ?

How to be sure this software is not any kind of wallet stealer/trojan/whatever software (even is hashing seems to be good, i tried it sandboxed)

Thanks
Macrophage
glph3k (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 29

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 01:49:23 PM

Hi Macrophage,

yeah, wasting time to highly optimized a software to a very limited available hardware is for sure a good plan to steal many wallets?

Please wireshark the software.

Though will publish the SHA1 fingerprint so people can check if they have the official version and not a tempered one with the next version.

Regards,
glph3k

Hello guys  Cool

I am using cast-xmr but i've just processed it to virustotal and got tons of issue.
Does anyone here reversed it or simply sniffed all tcp call using wireshark ?

How to be sure this software is not any kind of wallet stealer/trojan/whatever software (even is hashing seems to be good, i tried it sandboxed)

Thanks
Macrophage
macrophage

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:13:43 PM

Hello gandalph,

I'm sorry if i've hurted your feelings, but for any closed-source program, a precautionary principle is needed.
We can not read your source-code.

BTW, my precaution is not specific to your program, I do it for all .exe

Thank for your answer !  Smiley

Macrophage
tlaskows

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

Join GANTECH’s team of game changers

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 06:21:28 PM

Just a warning.

Do not install that AMD 'blockchain' driver on Windows 7.

Nothing works.  Any miner I try to launch it, it crashes.  Proprietary or not.  ETH, ZEC, XMR, + few more.

The display keeps cutting in and out too.

AMD should put in a note in there that it's not compatible with Windows 7.  It lets you install it though.  

I have a lot of other older software on this machine that is still not Windows 10 ready.

GANTECH | End-User Computing Solutions
http://gantech.net/who-we-are/our-leaders/
murgorx

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:45:41 PM

Hey guys! I've tried the miner, but he detects only one GPU. The first time I ran it i was getting 900h/s and after the restart the speed dropped down to 780?! Can anyone explain whasssup?
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 10:31:09 PM

IS this exclusive only for vega? or can i use it to my 4xx and 5xx series? I hope someone here give an answer thanks.
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:22:31 PM

IS this exclusive only for vega? or can i use it to my 4xx and 5xx series? I hope someone here give an answer thanks.

Read the first post
ripcurrent

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:10:42 AM

Is there a way to turn down the intensity on a individual gpu..my monitor gpu (vega 56) get all pixelated and fails after a minute, but all other gpus are fine.

Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:57:10 AM

Is there a way to turn down the intensity on a individual gpu..my monitor gpu (vega 56) get all pixelated and fails after a minute, but all other gpus are fine.

that's because you are very much on the limit when mining, it happens to all of us. Best thing to do before that card make the others hang or whatever...did you try to use the integrated graphics card as the main card? It works wonders in that sense.
ripcurrent

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:27:42 PM

Well I am using 8 Vegas I did not think I could use a integrated gpu in addition to the 8 cards in windows 10.
billhinge

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:23:39 PM

An observation; using my remote rig (2 vega fe and threadripper 1950x), previously reliable 2000+ hashers, last few days it was loosing hash rate at 1750 per card even after restarts, last night I got socket errors connecting to pool, restarted cast miner this morning and now back to 2000+ each. I didn't do anything to fix it, go figure   Huh
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:10:37 AM

Well I am using 8 Vegas I did not think I could use a integrated gpu in addition to the 8 cards in windows 10.
that's another myth debunked. You can use more than 8 GPUs on Windows. Even 19 or 20 if you like. As long as they are not the same brand or use the same drivers. I mean..., you can have a rig with 6 Vega cards, 7 1080Tis, 2 RX 560 etc etc. 8 Vegas and 8 1080Ti...
ofpcarnage

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:55:28 AM

Hi guys I just got my hands on some red devil rx64's

I installed the blockchain drivers and I'm not trying to alter the files in regedit.
I navigate to the correct folder (least I think its the correct folder) {4d36e968-e325xxxxxxxxxxxxx} But I can not see the device description anywhere to make sure I am in the correct folder.

kristikun

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:40:26 PM

Hello I´m trying to get new rig runing. My 3x vega cards on main PSU are woking fine but whenever i try to run the cards which are supplied by second psu  it runs for  sec and then the second psu and the cards supplied by it shuts down. My main PSu is Evga gold 1000GQ  My second PSu is same brand  but 700w - Evga gold 700GQ which i use to power 4th and 5th card and  their risers(tried to power risers from main psu had the same effect) I can mine on 4th or 5th  vega when launched without the cards on main psu

Is it a PSU problem  ? i also have just 4gb ram but i have enough paging file memory on ssd

what cables are you using? I experienced a similar problem trying to connect a couple of Vegas to a 750W PSU which only had 3 8 pin PCIe connectors, so I had to use a 2 8Pin PCIe to 1 8Pin PCIe adaptor, and the PSU run for less than a second because that cable in particular created some kind of short circuit, and the solution was to use another conector, a SATA to PCIe adaptor which did the job quite well.

probably an EVGA? EVGAs come with a plastic piece and 2 pins which have the same function as the paper clip trick, checking if the PSU is working well. iirc, it's the 13th and 15th pin you just need to connect, but I am talking from memory here, there should be guides online.

both Psu we workin just fine  i dont know what was the problem tryed everything several times including diffrent 2x Psu adapter or without adapter using paper clip triick  im not amateur when it comes to hardware but ended burning up my second Psu with dat magic paper clip trick , But I managed to get 5 vegas workin  on  the first psu 1000W evga but undervolting it alot l i get now 9150h  but pc crashes from time to time (5times a day least..) So I want to buy second psu to get it workin properly with stable hashing 24h , Problem is the same Evga gold 1000W which i alredy have would take 3 weeks before it gets to me So i want to buy other Psu but dont want to burn it like the last one ? so Should i wait for the same PSU or can i buy diffrent PSu with 1000W power ?

Btw thx for answers
tf2addict

Activity: 675

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:43:54 PM

Hi Macrophage,

yeah, wasting time to highly optimized a software to a very limited available hardware is for sure a good plan to steal many wallets?

Are you kidding?  So why even have a dev fee if there is no money in it?

Good grief.
Goldenbunip

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:17:58 PM

both Psu we workin just fine  i dont know what was the problem tryed everything several times including diffrent 2x Psu adapter or without adapter using paper clip triick  im not amateur when it comes to hardware but ended burning up my second Psu with dat magic paper clip trick , But I managed to get 5 vegas workin  on  the first psu 1000W evga but undervolting it alot l i get now 9150h  but pc crashes from time to time (5times a day least..) So I want to buy second psu to get it workin properly with stable hashing 24h , Problem is the same Evga gold 1000W which i alredy have would take 3 weeks before it gets to me So i want to buy other Psu but dont want to burn it like the last one ? so Should i wait for the same PSU or can i buy diffrent PSu with 1000W power ?

Btw thx for answers

Since you can get a VEGA 64 hashing at 2100 with under 100W, why are you messing about with dual power supplies, when you have a 1KW one?  Rated for what 83Amps on the 12v rails, making 996 watts.  With 100W for the board, CPU and stuff, gives ou 150W per vega for 6 of them. OK so it's tight but doable.
Another option is a second board/rig. Always handy to have a testing/play rig anyways.

Finally, is it just one card that doesn't want to play nice with others? As I have one that will not work in any system with any other card whatsoever. Tried multiple systems and configurations, but just one Vega has to be on its own. Haven't tried since I flashed the bios to copy another card (resulted in better hash rate) as it was one of the very first vegas.

Pickle-Rick

Activity: 143

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:34:39 PM

Btw thx for answers

Since you can get a VEGA 64 hashing at 2100 with under 100W, why are you messing about with dual power supplies, when you have a 1KW one?  Rated for what 83Amps on the 12v rails, making 996 watts.  With 100W for the board, CPU and stuff, gives ou 150W per vega for 6 of them. OK so it's tight but doable.
Another option is a second board/rig. Always handy to have a testing/play rig anyways.

Finally, is it just one card that doesn't want to play nice with others? As I have one that will not work in any system with any other card whatsoever. Tried multiple systems and configurations, but just one Vega has to be on its own. Haven't tried since I flashed the bios to copy another card (resulted in better hash rate) as it was one of the very first vegas.

Huh?? Intriguing... How does one get a Vega 64 hashing 2100 under 100w? Even 2000 hashes under 100w would be great. Please do share Smiley
MickDaster

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:16:08 PM

i gave up on vega card,, right now when its hard to get anything else i will work with vega but after its being sold
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: