Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:13:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s)  (Read 206353 times)
kristikun

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:53:14 AM

So i tryed all  drivers for vega in search for optimal gaming/mining  but nothing get even close to blockchain drivers results so i split my ssd to create another system curently i have 1 system for mining with blockchain driver and 1 system with gaming drivers  and it works fine Wink when i wanna do VR i just boot the other system Wink vega 64 liquid cooled
errata

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:04:05 AM

Hi all! What could be the reason for 1 of my 5 cards is always calculating wrong nonce? I constantly see this:

Code:
[10:19:15] GPU4 Found Nonce, submitting...
[10:19:15] !Rejected, Nonce Invalid!
[10:19:15] Shares: 34 Accepted, 7 Errors | Hash Rate Avg: 9815.7 H/s | Avg Search Time: 23.9 sec

and occasionally (but very rare):

Code:
[10:29:46] New job received. Avg Job Time: 43.5 sec
[10:29:46] Difficulty changed. Now: 230021.
[10:29:46] GPU4 Found Nonce, job already changed -> outdated.
[10:29:46] Shares: 54 Accepted, 14 Errors | Hash Rate Avg: 9814.6 H/s | Avg Search Time: 24.8 sec

Both 64s (I have 2x Vega 65 and 3x Vega 56) have same settings applied and this is happening on 1 of them. If something is wrong with settings, I assume that the other 64 would calculate it wrongly too, isn't it so?

I tried to change the riser for this card and then it worked briefly. After next reboot I started to see "Rejected" message again. I tried to switch the position for both 64s but still the same card was reporting the error (this time it was GPU3).

Thanks for any tips!

Hm, I'm still struggling with this card (not that I tried to fix it since the original post), can anyone suggest what else I might try to fix this? Again, tried to replace riser, tried to switch MBO slot, tried to play with overclocking but nothing helped... I even tried to apply stock settings to get at least some result, but literally nothing helped :/

Please, any suggestion, help, tip is more than appreciated!! Thanks a bunch!

Maybe it failed math class? Does it do it if you run it alone?

Hehe, that was my first thought, but yeah, it cannot be so stupid, can it?? :D

I did try to run it alone, had the same problem... Other cards were plugged in tho, they were just not mining... Not sure how much difference does that make?
GrassBite

Activity: 68
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:34:26 PM

4gb ram. 1 vega 56 with 4 rx480s. Followed new guide for the vega. Uninstalled wattman. Using august blockchain drivers. Overdrivent tool. Soft registry settings. 60gb page file. Enable and disable the card on reboots. Run cast-xmr as admin. Everything is stable but the vega starts at 1900 and works its way down to 1300 and stays there. Im testing with just the vega for now. Using claymore the 480s work fine.
Any ideas on how to break 1300H/s?

Make sure temp never gets over 64.  I run separate instances and start my vega last.  Have you tried just running the vega to see if the problem is present in that case?
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:26:03 PM

4gb ram. 1 vega 56 with 4 rx480s. Followed new guide for the vega. Uninstalled wattman. Using august blockchain drivers. Overdrivent tool. Soft registry settings. 60gb page file. Enable and disable the card on reboots. Run cast-xmr as admin. Everything is stable but the vega starts at 1900 and works its way down to 1300 and stays there. Im testing with just the vega for now. Using claymore the 480s work fine.
Any ideas on how to break 1300H/s?

Make sure temp never gets over 64.  I run separate instances and start my vega last.  Have you tried just running the vega to see if the problem is present in that case?

Yeah most likely a throttling problem.  Some people run cards in inhumane conditions, high ambient temp, 100% fans.  Pure slave labor conditions.  Those poor GPU's.  No wonder they go on strike once in a while.
th00ber

Activity: 789
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:01:52 PM

Cast-xmr is added on monitorig : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1448855.msg26679112#msg26679112

5xVega 56, works great : http://www.monitorig.com/#?panel=dashboard&id=1086db9224632d26671ab42df5ee1d92bf0187bbdd
I run them on "powersaving" parameters for 1500-1600 H/s
minerzilla

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:02:07 PM

Hi all!
I am getting very frustrated with my 2 Saphire VEGA64 cards and castXMR setup Sad The problem is that one of my cards just stops hashing after 1-6 hours (randomly) and miner freezes. I am getting no errors reports in CastXMR or wattman at all. The miner seems to be active and is reporting hashrate for one card. When I am trying to use command "q" to quit it does not react. I have to close it's window and them my wattman setting resets. I am using blockchain driver and applied 1050 registry mod. I also lowered power limit to -21% and GPU. Temperature is below 50 celsius. Please give me some ideas/hints what can cause this problem. Thanks a lot!
neozeric

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:54:28 PM

The RX56 only stuck at 1300 is in a data center! Temps on the card do not go above 55C. Ambient temp is 75F.  I tried just running the VEGA by itself and it is stable but hovers at 1300.....Running the 4 RX480s work fine temp wise.  Is it because the Vega is not GPU0? Does it need to be the primary card?  I do not think it is temp related because on a cold boot (sitting off for 24 hours) when i start the miner, it starts at 1900 for three lines and then within 10 seconds immediately goes down to 1297-1300 and stays there......I know it is something simple, just cant figure it out Smiley
wolverine5pl

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:06:53 PM

The RX56 only stuck at 1300 is in a data center! Temps on the card do not go above 55C. Ambient temp is 75F.  I tried just running the VEGA by itself and it is stable but hovers at 1300.....Running the 4 RX480s work fine temp wise.  Is it because the Vega is not GPU0? Does it need to be the primary card?  I do not think it is temp related because on a cold boot (sitting off for 24 hours) when i start the miner, it starts at 1900 for three lines and then within 10 seconds immediately goes down to 1297-1300 and stays there......I know it is something simple, just cant figure it out Smiley
have you restarted gpu with devcon? or by switching HBM button in amd control panel?
are you using blockchain drivers?
commonorx

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:40:58 PM

The RX56 only stuck at 1300 is in a data center! Temps on the card do not go above 55C. Ambient temp is 75F.  I tried just running the VEGA by itself and it is stable but hovers at 1300.....Running the 4 RX480s work fine temp wise.  Is it because the Vega is not GPU0? Does it need to be the primary card?  I do not think it is temp related because on a cold boot (sitting off for 24 hours) when i start the miner, it starts at 1900 for three lines and then within 10 seconds immediately goes down to 1297-1300 and stays there......I know it is something simple, just cant figure it out Smiley

Honestly man running a mixed rig invites nothing but problems. Keeping everything the same is just the best option. This thread has so jumped the shark!
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:13:58 PM

Does this work on fine on windows 7? It says "Requires Windows 8/8.1/10 64 bit" but I've never seen software that works on 8 but not 7.

The Blockchain Drivers FLAT OUT DO NOT WORK on Windows 7 - despite AMD claiming they do.

I can't speak to 8 as I refuse to subject myself to that UNUSABLE INTERFACE ever again.

It SHOULD work on 7 with normal drivers, you just might not get the 2000 ballpark hashrate you can get under 10 with the blockchain drivers.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
MikeBuzz

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:32:35 PM

any idea why one of my cards has such a low hash rate?

https://imgur.com/a/69wNg
which miner are you using? its not cast xmr is it?

yeah its cast xmr

Beat the withdrawal fees using Coinbase and Revolut Fee Free Banking!!
pbfarmer

Activity: 340
Merit: 29

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:05:32 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 12:18:29 AM by pbfarmer

The RX56 only stuck at 1300 is in a data center! Temps on the card do not go above 55C. Ambient temp is 75F.  I tried just running the VEGA by itself and it is stable but hovers at 1300.....Running the 4 RX480s work fine temp wise.  Is it because the Vega is not GPU0? Does it need to be the primary card?  I do not think it is temp related because on a cold boot (sitting off for 24 hours) when i start the miner, it starts at 1900 for three lines and then within 10 seconds immediately goes down to 1297-1300 and stays there......I know it is something simple, just cant figure it out Smiley

75F ambient in a data center!?! That's crazy hot - every data center i've ever been in has been a freakin refrigerator!

Anyway, what 'temps on the card' are you looking at?  HBM temp is really the one that matters, but from my experience, 55-58 'core' temp (which i'm assuming is what you're actually looking at) generally translates into threshold temps (70 deg) for the HBM, at which point it throttles 'permanently' (until miner restart.)  Use HwInfo64 to monitor your HBM temp, and look at the max recorded value next time the hashrate drops.  If it's anywhere near 70, you need to get your temps down.

If it's not temperature (which it almost always is,) the only other things I've seen drop my hashrate after starting at a high rate are the graphics mode changing or full screen redraws (i.e. launching something that overlays the screen, like those Windows 'are you sure you want to run this' dialogs,) or powering down the monitor w/ the display plugged into the Vega (either manually, or via Windows automated power controls.)
pbfarmer

Activity: 340
Merit: 29

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:12:47 AM

hi Guys im running cast xmr successfully with 2 vega 64 LC and 2 RX580 Nitro+ 8GB

Vegas 2040h/s each
RX580s 780 and 890h/s

no registry mods just using wattman with HBCC on. this seems to go against all advice, am i reading too much into this

i still need to see what power i am drawing but my vega temps are around 32c and havent risen all day.

is this ok?

Assuming you haven't done any bios mods either then?  These numbers prob about right if so.  However, w/ bios + reg mods, you should be able to get better numbers on all of them, and most likely even extend the life of your cards by reducing power consumption / heat.  My 56 air is doing what your 64LC is - at around 115W (granted, at much higher temps.)  I have the same 580, getting 1060 H/s at around 100W, waaaay lower than stock power draw.  Don't be afraid of bios / reg edits - if anything, you may be doing more harm w/o them.
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:49:42 AM

Request: Add option to cast_xmr to set a timer to stop and restart the miner gracefully.  Alternatively trigger a restart if hash rate is below a threshold for an amount of time.

I've read and seen the scripts to automate this, however would like to request this be added to the miner directly if possible.  Like others, I'm able to get 1900+ h/s per VEGA, however it will drop to around 1550 h/s after some time and stays there.  Lots of things cause this drop and I have found restarting the miner is necessary.  On my setup, I never seem to have to reset (enable/disable) the cards, only restart the miner, to get back to full hash rate.

I am running multiple cards on this RIG.  2x VEGA's with Cast_XMR.  4x RX550's using XMR-STAK.  2x R9 290's and 4x GTX 1060's using Claymore.  Also running XMRig for CPU mining.

I must start all the other miners BEFORE Cast_XMR to ensure full hash.  Restarting another miner will cause Cast_XMR to drop the hash rate instantly.

In lieu of solving what seems to be a driver issue, would like the miner to handle this hash drop internally, either with a timer or a hash rate monitor.

Hope that all makes sense.  Thanks for the work on the miner dev!
agreed, sometimes the miner just freezes for no apparent reason, and in fact I created a bat file to restart it every 10 minutes or so -without the devcon.exe, which only runs at Windows 10 startup-

Cast-xmr is added on monitorig : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1448855.msg26679112#msg26679112

5xVega 56, works great : http://www.monitorig.com/#?panel=dashboard&id=1086db9224632d26671ab42df5ee1d92bf0187bbdd
I run them on "powersaving" parameters for 1500-1600 H/s
thanks! Shall give it a try.
mombay

Activity: 299
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:15:05 AM

So.. to sum it up, in order to keep the rig running all the time, after every restart and so on..

First, this is how my Cast XMR folder looks like, with Cast XMR, devcon and OverdriveNTool inside:

https://s18.postimg.org/d456tnk7d/Capture.jpg

Below is the bat file content (Mine.bat, which calls itself when the timer expires). I start numbering the Vegas with r1 and p1 to work with OverdriveNTool because I use the Intel iGPU. If you don't use an iGPU they should be numbered starting from r0 and p0.

cd
devcon.exe disable "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_687F"
timeout /t 5
devcon.exe enable "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_687F"
timeout /t 5
OverdriveNTool.exe -r1 -r2 -r3 -r4 -r5 -r6 -p1Vega56 -p2Vega56 -p3Vega56 -p4Vega56 -p5Vega56 -p6Vega56
timeout /t 1
cd

@echo off

echo -------------------------------------------------------------------
echo Restarts the miner every 40 minutes //you can set it to your own liking
echo -------------------------------------------------------------------
echo:

set executable=cast_xmr-vega.exe
set commandline=  -G 0,1,2,3,4,5 -S xmr-eu1.nanopool.org:14444 -u YourWalletAddress.RigNameOfYourChoice %*
set runforseconds=2400
set restartinseconds=2
set /a counter=0
timeout 2
:start
start "cast_xmr-vega" %executable% %commandline%
echo:
echo The program is going to run for %runforseconds% seconds
timeout %runforseconds%
taskkill /f /im %executable%
cd
Mine.bat
echo:
echo Restarting the app in %restartinseconds% seconds (%counter%)
timeout %restartinseconds%
set /a counter+=1
echo:
echo:
goto start

If you want your rig running ALL the time without you having to do anything even if you restart Windows or the computer powers off, you can call your own bat when Windows starts and you can automate the login process in Windows, following these steps:

Step 1: Configure BIOS Settings to power on the computer automatically if for whatever reason power is lost
Before we even get to Windows, make sure your mining computer’s BIOS settings are in order. Power on your computer, and press the “delete” key a few times immediately after power on. You should end up in the BIOS configuration area. Do the following, then save & exit:
Change power options so that the computer automatically turns itself on whenever power is restored. The reason for this is two-fold: first, it’ll make sure that your miner automatically starts up after a power outage. Second, it makes powering the computer on much easier if you don’t happen to have a power switch connected to the motherboard.
Disable all components that you don’t plan to use. This might save a little bit of power, and since your miner will likely be running 24/7, it’ll add up. For me, that meant disabling onboard audio, the USB 3.0 ports, one of the SATA controllers, the Firewire port, and the serial port.
If you’re running a lot of GPUs (4+), additional tweaks might be necessary to ensure that they’re all recognized by the OS. Exact tweaks vary by motherboard, but setting the PCIe speed to Gen1 is usually a good place to start. No need to change anything now, but make a mental note that you may need to come back and play around a bit if all of your GPUs don’t show up in the OS later.

Step 2: Configure automatic login
If you’re building a dedicated mining rig, then you probably want your mining rig to boot up and start mining automatically, without any user intervention. We’ll need to enable auto-login for that to be possible.
Right-click on the Start Menu and select “Run”. Type “netplwiz” (without the quotes) at the prompt, and click “ok”.
Uncheck the box that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”.
Click “Apply”. You’ll be prompted to enter your password to confirm the change.

Step 3: Configure your miner to start automatically
We want our rig to automatically start mining whenever it’s powered on or rebooted. That way, we keep mining losses to a minimum whenever a power outage occurs, and we don’t have to worry about manually starting it back up in other situations.
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder where you created “mine.bat” in the previous step.
Right-click on your mine.bat file, and pick “Copy”.
Now, navigate to %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (should be something like C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup).
Right-click anywhere on the empty background of the Startup folder and select “Paste shortcut”.
You should see a shortcut to your mine.bat file appear in the startup folder. Windows should automatically execute it upon bootup.

Note: This simple methods don't deal with hash rate drops you can experience when switching the VGA output on your iGPU and so on, there is the JJ script for that, but I don't experience that. This mostly works for rigs running 24/7 at home or remotely via Chrome Remote Desktop.

thank you for the tip. with this setting helps my vega rig run more stable without loss of hash rate. it helps also reduce the possibility of sudden freeze, that I think caused by HBM high temps/errors.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
hikenshi

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:25:37 AM

Hi,
Linux version?
FlowerTea

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:01:44 AM

Hello,

I cannot get the cast miner to work with the mining pools from
minekitten.oi  --->  etnpool.minekitten.io:5555
or electroneum.space  --->  pool.electroneum.space:5555

The miner starts up, but does not detect the pools, does not connect.

the only pools that work are the ones from nanopool.
But it makes no sense for me to use nanopool and cast xmr miner, because this way i pay 2 % pool fee + 1.5 cast miner dev fee, so in total 3.5%

If I use the xmr stak miner, i get the same end result (because of the lower hash, but 0% fees)

What pools does the cast miner support?
Why can I not connect to  pool.electroneum.space Huh  ( in my opinion one of the best electroneum pools)

I hope someone can help me out.
Thanks!
Unclegogi

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:13:16 AM

This miner doesn't work with Mining Pool Hub, I receive message "cannot connect to pool, socket closed".
Claymore and Stak miners work with MPH with no problems.
Is this problem going to be fixed?
borderline

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:32:38 AM

Hello,

I cannot get the cast miner to work with the mining pools from
minekitten.oi  --->  etnpool.minekitten.io:5555
or electroneum.space  --->  pool.electroneum.space:5555

The miner starts up, but does not detect the pools, does not connect.

the only pools that work are the ones from nanopool.
But it makes no sense for me to use nanopool and cast xmr miner, because this way i pay 2 % pool fee + 1.5 cast miner dev fee, so in total 3.5%

If I use the xmr stak miner, i get the same end result (because of the lower hash, but 0% fees)

What pools does the cast miner support?
Why can I not connect to  pool.electroneum.space Huh  ( in my opinion one of the best electroneum pools)

I hope someone can help me out.
Thanks!

xmr stack have 2% fee

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
Treebeardz

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:45:35 AM

The notes say you added support for the RX 470/570

I have been using my RX 470 no problem if I am using the blockchain drivers do I need to use -forcecompute? Will that improve anything performance wise?
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: