Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:02:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:08:15 PM

Had to resort to trolling them on twitter, but they finally fixed the issue and it showed up.
I deposited some ANC to Cryptsy a few days ago and it took nearly 30 hours to show - a huge nightmare!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinpool_de

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:22:59 PM

Hello,
please join my Mining Pool.

Fast Server Xenon 4 x 3,2Ghs 32 GB Ram, SSD HD
Stratum
Vardiff
Get your coin to your Wallet min payout 0.1 ANC
PROP Payout
Manual and Auto Payout
0,0% Fee (Saturday and Sunday)

Join our Pool:
http://anc.coinpool.de

Support Forum:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=382959

THANKS 4 MINING!!!!
xnerd

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:59:34 PM

Smiley
jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:42:15 PM

Hi all!

Been a little afk from internet the past week, but back now!

Many has wondered and asked about whats Anoncoin going to do when v2 of zerocoin is released, if it's gonna affect it's development, etc etc etc. And it's not time effective to answer one at a time Smiley

I will write a blog entry about it, where I will answer where,what,when,why and hopefully the rest of w's :p

We're about to release a new site as well. I'll get back to you in short time! Also, I think Matthew is going to give a talk on Monday at New York City College, so I think I post the blog entry after that, in case he says anything that could become a question.

Any closer to the blog entry? Really keen to see what's going on regarding ANC and Zerocoin. Waiting for this announcement before making the next move  Smiley
iram4049

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:20:51 PM

long live anoncoin!
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

:)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:33:42 PM

Hi all!

Many has wondered and asked about whats Anoncoin going to do when v2 of zerocoin is released, if it's gonna affect it's development, etc etc etc. And it's not time effective to answer one at a time Smiley

I will write a blog entry about it, where I will answer where,what,when,why and hopefully the rest of w's :p

We're about to release a new site as well. I'll get back to you in short time! Also, I think Matthew is going to give a talk on Monday at New York City College, so I think I post the blog entry after that, in case he says anything that could become a question.

Any closer to the blog entry? Really keen to see what's going on regarding ANC and Zerocoin. Waiting for this announcement before making the next move  Smiley

bold Smiley (first off, I need to get a copy of what he said, next I need to think trough it, after that discuss it with the rest of the team, then get time to write the blog)

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:34:31 PM

Still not showing up.

I would recommend not using cryptsy for ANC deposits for the time being, they are working on the backend right now, no idea if this issue is related to it or not.

Has anyone else had a deposit show up on cryptsy within the last few hours?

cryptsy is unstable and is not recommended to use for the moment :/

BlurrCrystal

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:11:43 PM

Any idea why price of anc is dropping hard ?
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:58:06 PM

Any idea why price of anc is dropping hard ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroCoin/comments/1v47x9/audio_of_matthew_green_talk_at_real_world_crypto/
Gelbstich

Activity: 562
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:02:37 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 08:33:41 AM by Gelbstich

Hi all!

Any closer to the blog entry? Really keen to see what's going on regarding ANC and Zerocoin. Waiting for this announcement before making the next move  Smiley

bold Smiley (first off, I need to get a copy of what he said, next I need to think trough it, after that discuss it with the rest of the team, then get time to write the blog)

I'm a little bit confused of Matthew Green's speech right now, as he doesn't mention Anoncoin anywhere as far as I can see... but it was mentioned a few times already that Zerocoin will be implemented into Anoncoin:

how far is your zerocoin implementation?

Was just coming here to ask the same thing. Any updates?

It's still in an early stage. The first part will be implementing the early alpha of Zerocoin into the Anoncoin testnet, then comes the testing to discover bugs within Zerocoin itself that the Zerocoin devs will be working on. I would not expect a fully working zerocoin implementation until the end of the year at best. If it works flawlessly the first time around (personally I believe there's a ~1% chance of that happening) it would probably be complete during november.

So I'm really looking forward to a clarification of the implementation of Zerocoin into Anoncoin. Smiley

H

░░░                 
            ░▒█████████████▓░           
          ▓███████████████████▓         
        ▓█████████▓▓▒▓▓▓████▓░         
      ▒███████▒           ░             
     ▓█████▓░                     ░▒   
    ▓█████▒    ░▓███████▓▒        ░▓▓▒ 
   ░█████░   ░█████████████▒    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   █████▒   ░███████████████▓    ▓▒▒▒▓  
   █████    █████████████████░   ▒▓▒▒▓░ 
  ░████▓   ░██████████▓▓▓▓▓███   ░▓▒▒▓░ 
  ▒████▓   ▒████▓▒░              ░▓▒▒▓░
   █████ ░███▓░   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   ████████▓  ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓░    ▓▒▒▓▓ 
   ░██████   ░▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▒▒▓░ 
    ▓███▒       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░     ▓▓▒▓▓▒   
     ▓█                      ▒▓▓▒▓▓▒   
              ░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       
          ░███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         
             ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒            

R I Z E N
.......White Paper....... .......Node System and Sidechains....... .......Help Desk.......

gamersimpson

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:04:51 AM

I been mining this coin for over 3 weeks. And have only made .04.. yeah it kinda sucks.
Gelbstich

Activity: 562
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:32:48 AM

I been mining this coin for over 3 weeks. And have only made .04.. yeah it kinda sucks.
Wow that ain't a lot. If you want to make a profit you seriously need a new GPU. I'm mining between 1,7 and 2,1 ANC a day, depending on the current difficulty.

H

░░░                 
            ░▒█████████████▓░           
          ▓███████████████████▓         
        ▓█████████▓▓▒▓▓▓████▓░         
      ▒███████▒           ░             
     ▓█████▓░                     ░▒   
    ▓█████▒    ░▓███████▓▒        ░▓▓▒ 
   ░█████░   ░█████████████▒    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   █████▒   ░███████████████▓    ▓▒▒▒▓  
   █████    █████████████████░   ▒▓▒▒▓░ 
  ░████▓   ░██████████▓▓▓▓▓███   ░▓▒▒▓░ 
  ▒████▓   ▒████▓▒░              ░▓▒▒▓░
   █████ ░███▓░   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▒▒▓░
   ████████▓  ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓░    ▓▒▒▓▓ 
   ░██████   ░▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▒▒▓░ 
    ▓███▒       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░     ▓▓▒▓▓▒   
     ▓█                      ▒▓▓▒▓▓▒   
              ░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       
          ░███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         
             ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒            

R I Z E N
.......White Paper....... .......Node System and Sidechains....... .......Help Desk.......

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 12:11:25 PM

Hi all!

I'm a little bit confused of Matthew Green's speech right now, as he doesn't mention Anoncoin anywhere as far as I can see... but it was mentioned a few times already that Zerocoin will be implemented into Anoncoin:

how far is your zerocoin implementation?

Was just coming here to ask the same thing. Any updates?

It's still in an early stage. The first part will be implementing the early alpha of Zerocoin into the Anoncoin testnet, then comes the testing to discover bugs within Zerocoin itself that the Zerocoin devs will be working on. I would not expect a fully working zerocoin implementation until the end of the year at best. If it works flawlessly the first time around (personally I believe there's a ~1% chance of that happening) it would probably be complete during november.

So I'm really looking forward to a clarification of the implementation of Zerocoin into Anoncoin. Smiley

In simple and quick words: Matthew is a odd guy saying "please send an mail", and when we do it there is no fucking reply. We have decided to do it on our own, we don't need him. Final. There has been no contact between us other than the public posts on twitter, he obviously can't handle email systems since he has not replied me, Gnosis or any other person trying to contact him. The zerocoin mailinglist is also dead, seen people ask questions, never any replies from the zerocoin guys.

There is also no "flaws" with the old zerocoin implementation, just some temporary disk increments that can be solved. From the little I read on reddit it seems like Matthew and the rest of the group of can't-handle-email-systems guys haven't been able to even get the whitepapers finished. Those was dued to early December IIRC from Matthew's tweet 16. Nov?. - Blog entry will be written when I've gone more into details about his speak, haven't had time to hear it yet.

At last, sneakpeak; we're in discussion on "upgrading" zerocoin with multiple modulus, different denominations (10 ANC, 1 ANC, 0.1 ANC, etc.) and more. This will then slowly move away from the original zerocoin design.

Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:25:09 PM

This Forbes article mentions Anoncoin and also mentions Zerocoin receiving your emails http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2014/01/13/bitcoin-anonymity-upgrade-zerocoin-to-become-its-own-cryptocurrency/

In fact, interest in Zerocoin has been growing even without a working anonymous currency in circulation. A Zerocoin exchange website, created by a fan of the group’s work, already exists. And Green says another alternative coin known as Anoncoin has written to him several times about implementing Zerocoin in its currency system.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:37:44 PM

From my perspective it looks like the anoncoin devs truly wants to develop a anonymous currency and the zerocoin devs (as of now) wants to get rich (by creating a anonymous currency).

I am confident holding my anoncoins.
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 05:57:26 PM

This Forbes article mentions Anoncoin and also mentions Zerocoin receiving your emails http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2014/01/13/bitcoin-anonymity-upgrade-zerocoin-to-become-its-own-cryptocurrency/

In fact, interest in Zerocoin has been growing even without a working anonymous currency in circulation. A Zerocoin exchange website, created by a fan of the group’s work, already exists. And Green says another alternative coin known as Anoncoin has written to him several times about implementing Zerocoin in its currency system.

Ah, sorry my bad, that was news to me, I will correct myself.

In simple and quick words: Matthew is a PR horny hypocrite saying "please send us an mail", and when we do it there is no fucking reply, probably on purpose.

The worst part is that the webpage (zerocoin) encourage coin develpers to take contact... mail>/dev/null

BlurrCrystal

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:08:27 PM

Ah, sorry my bad, that was news to me, I will correct myself.

In simple and quick words: Matthew is a PR horny hypocrite saying "please send us an mail", and when we do it there is no fucking reply, probably on purpose.

The worst part is that the webpage (zerocoin) encourage coin develpers to take contact... mail>/dev/null

I really believe you are more than capable in implementing the idea behind zerocoin using your own code.
If you need any help i will be glad to offer it. I'm a professional C++ coder.
godislove

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Devout Atheist

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:37:46 PM

Judging from the transcript below, the new zerocoin will be called "zerocash" and they do not appear as if they are completely abandoning zerocoin

(text below copied from http://pastebin.com/Dd60ZaT7 )

1.Summary transcript of Matthew Green's talk about Zerocoin/Zerocash at the Real World Crypto 2014 from Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/rdlmitedu/140113_0001-wav

3.* Bitcoin may not be particularly anonymous
4.* Zero-coin / Zero-cash to anonymize the bitcoin currency
5.* transactions recorded in public ledger; nothing sophisticated done with the ledger; people can identify and map your identity; if you're very paranoid you can prevent (maybe), but in general case hard to use bitcoin for privacy;
6.* this should matter to all of us; the technology behind bitcoin may be with us for a very long time; countermeasures are weak even in the face of unsophisticated attacks
7.* if we make bitcoin private, can possibly find applications beyond currency
9.* two approaches for anonymous version of bitcoin
10.* zerocoin - technique to implement electronic cash in bitcoin protocol
11.* zerocash - way to make zerocoin practical and deployable and usable as ecash currency
13.* zerocoin - join work with students and colleagues at John Hopkins (JH)
14.* bitcoin doesn't give us much privacy despite academic thinking from 1980s (esp. David Chong) to build untraceable ecash
15.* ecash tried to tackle one problem without thinking of all other practical concerns; nobody in the history of academic ecash managed to setup a working, centralized bank; chong's bank attempt failed
16.* bitcoin solved this problem of a currency take-off and early adoption; but we need a different technique to get rid of a centralized bank
17.* zerocoin new approach for ecash to get rid of centralized bank; basic idea is public ledger (constructed by bitcoin) blockchain; use this to wash bitcoins that does not require us to trust a centralized party; key ingredient (blockchain) is given by free by the bulletin board;
18.* zerocoin high-level intuition of original protocol: layer on top of bitcoin; i have some bitcoin; i want to break the link between my current address and a future address; take my bitcoin and turn into zerocoin; they get mixed up; all people making zerocoins will shuffle them together so no linkage with creation and redemption; at some future point, can redeem zerocoins into bitcoins ideally unrelated; breaks graph analysis; when disappearing into the zerocoin network minimizes/removes leakage;
19.* zerocoins are numbers; digital commitments to a large serial number; viewing the commitment, you should not be able to tell the serial number; once these commitments are minted (easy to create), you put them on the bitcoin blockchain; new instruction in the bitcoin system to produce a transaction that spends a bitcoin for a zerocoin; anybody that sees this transaction sees that this valid zerocoin is worth some money;
20.* at some point in the future, you redeem; you first reveal the secret serial number to make the first zerocoin and put into transaction; prove that the serial number corresponds to a zerocoin; then prove that the zerocoin is one of the set placed on the blockchain (which somebody paid money);
21.* zero-knowledge proof; prove statements without using any other information other than that the fact that the statement is true; "there exists some zerocoin in the set of zerocoins placed on the blockchain & the serial number we're revealing is the actual serial number in the coin";
22.* if the proof is valid, then double-spend is impossible since serial number would have to be revealed again;
23.* efficiency is important here! the approach used is the accumulator; collect all the zerocoins into the accumulator, then prove that the zerocoin you're trying to spend is contained in the accumulator; proof of knowledge is 4KB; the entire thing is 25KB after optimization; for crypto this is awesome!; but developers hated adding this much to the blockchain; so unlikely to happen in real world
24.* summary: zerocoin good first approach, libzerocoin; but the problem is that the proofs are just too big; and coins have all the same value; but this means that if you want to spend fractional amounts of bitcoin, then it won't work (have to translate back to bitcoin)
25.* new solution: zerocash
26.* presented in May and Bitcoin conference in San Jose; in both conferences with teams working on small zero knowledge proofs aka SNARKS; other cryptographers already had them ready;
27.* SNARK - Succinct Non-interactive Arguments of Knowledge; Bryan Harno (MS Research); basic idea is that you can prove arbitrarily complex statements in 288 bytes; in addition to having these efficient proofs, there are compilers that have proofs that the program executed correctly; we should simply take existing libzerocoin code and run through the compiler to produce these proofs; but these compilers produce large circuits; the time to make a small proof takes hours or days;
28.* co-authors have spent a lot of time optimizing these proofs; the right way is NOT to take existing libzerocoin, but throw away RSA and other cryptographic techniques and replace with components that are easier to prove such as hash functions like SHA256 and Merkle trees; easy to prove hash with small circuits e.g. sha256 in 30K gates
29.* each coin is really the hash of some randomness and the serial number = commitment. once we have these coins we put in the hash tree; 64-depth key (2^64); when want to redeem; reveal the serial number, and can reveal 64-hashes before in the tree;
30.* if these proofs are powerful and efficient; why need bitcoin? why not put entire system into zerocoin and make everything anonymous through generation, use, redemption of coins? the only information that makes it into the blockchain is the fact that a transaction occurred. just show that two new coins where the value totals the bitcoin that you're splitting; when we merge we spend two coins we prove that the two = same value of the new coin; transfers can be done completely anonymously without knowing who and how much.
31.* can encrypt transactions and hash the values
32.* transaction fees have to be public, but everything else can be anonymous
33.* name for this process; generic transaction is called "pouring coins"
34.* is this efficient? one detail - the problem with zerocoin 1.0 was that the proofs were huge and took 0.33s; these results mixed; to merge/make takes 87s-108s on a single core; but on bright-side bitcoin takes up to an hour for each transaction; verification time is in ms; comparable to bitcoin; verification is in the network; the catch is that to verify the proofs you need a large set of public parameters; 1.2GB in size
35.* best part of this is that you already need 16GB to store the blockchain, so to add this is around 7% increase in storage
36.* somebody needs to generate these parameters; trusted party; possible to find a dozen people that people trust to set up the parameters;
37.* system that is efficient; will be separate system released in May; real-world crypto; want to get people to use;
38.* release an altchain; client that implements all these things; put it out there; hope that nobody puts a lot of money in this because these are new techniques and might break down; idea is to test this in an environment separate from bitcoin so we don't break anything else while trying to make this work
39.* should we even be doing this research? lots of people criticizing us. this is important research not just because people want to commit crimes, but because when you spend money your transactions are hidden from neighbours, but with bitcoin people can see your transactions; important to get it out there.
41.Thanks.
Mjollnir

Activity: 182

http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 07:28:09 PM

Thank you for the heads up  Smiley

My website. Collection of cuttings of crypto news world wide. With links to full article. http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/
And on steemit.com now Smiley
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 01:23:41 AM

From my perspective it looks like the anoncoin devs truly wants to develop a anonymous currency and the zerocoin devs (as of now) wants to get rich (by creating a anonymous currency).

Correct, we will not give up here.

I really believe you are more than capable in implementing the idea behind zerocoin using your own code.
If you need any help i will be glad to offer it. I'm a professional C++ coder.

Thanks, we have already started with some design docs, and is currently doing some research to solve issues with zerocoin v1. Gnosis has documented some of it here if you're interested in details about it; https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/wiki/Zerocoin-design-&-docs

godislove, I will read your post and comment later, need to go afk now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: