Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:56:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
thecoinmasterexpert

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 06:12:14 PM

I really want anc to succeed but I have multiple concerns at this point in time and it would be great if we could get an update from the devs (or anyone else that has any knowledge of what is going on).

1. K1773R is still blaming the transaction problem on cryptsy.  There have been bugs found in the anoncoin code and cryptsy is compiling from source.  Other exchanges and even desktop qt clients are having the same problem as cryptsy.  So this can't be a cryptsy problem.  I would really like if the devs would work on this problem seeing as a cryptocurrency with transaction problems is obviously really bad.  What are the devs doing to fix this? We need anoncoin back on exchanges asap.

2. Meeh has been working on myriad auxPoW for the past month but recently asked what myriad auxPoW is.  Since he can't develop something he doesn't know about what has he been doing? An update on the supposed "imminent" hardfork would be great.  The sooner this hardfork happens the sooner anoncoin can fix the difficulty issue.

3. Anoncoin code is still based on bitcoin 0.8.6 which is almost a year old at this point.  Why hasn't the anoncoin code been updated? Bitcoin is currently on 0.9.3 and there have 4 updates in between 0.8.6 and 0.9.3.  Why has anoncoin missed all 4 updates?  Gnosis recently posted that meeh was working on updating the code to 0.9.3 but that concerns me because meeh was also supposed to be working on myriad auxPoW but seems to not be doing too well with that either.

Please don't dismiss this post as a troll.  I'm not a troll but someone who cares about anoncoin.  Anyone who owns anoncoin should realize these three points are really troubling and they should want updates from the devs as well.  What are they doing about the three points above? These things really need to be addressed.  Blindly following the devs and saying "oh they got this" isn't enough.  What are they doing to solve this problem? If anyone knows please reply!

EDIT: This conversation with ian miers of zerocash is also troubling.  He doesn't seem to think our RSA UFO's are strong enough.  https://twitter.com/secparam/status/449576116161089537

Trolls like you need to be ignored.
**added to troll list**

We should make sure that all of us who are serious about this coin are ignoring the same people so our conversations don't get confused.

Here is my ignore list. Please synchromize your ignore lists accordingly
Ignored Users
entertheabyss
meeh
drAGon925
BroTroxer
K1773R
geekz
lunokhodk
no-ice-please
Skaia
SmokingSkull
shtako
gostrol
LuigiPabloQuernevacaroli
klee   
WDL   
Gnosis-
Arlic   
niteglider   
n00n
TheKoziTwo
A L I E N
nicksmith   
captainfuture
alincoln
branefreez   
dewdeded
Tyke   15
emunebtk
Arbitrageur
Apraksin
BlurrCrystal

Kind of weird that this coin has been around a while yet the thread is only four pages long. How can we attract more users?

you forgot to add me... i feel left out Sad

~crickets~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogemoon8888

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 06:27:08 PM

We have received a request to withdraw 12.89 ANC to the wallet AcB3RT2DPMmDhJJoGKrnZ2P7fiCbB3MbwM

Please click the link below to confirm the withdrawal:
https://cex.io/trade/withdraw_confirm?code=caf59ec1a08080b1ad3ece00a43c750a5005c73e5b399c150f7510e47262b768

---

2014-11-02 11:35:08 -12.89 ANC 0.00 WITHDRAW - cabd86dcbe78cce748e053812d005039e3007fb7fab395d8623e72906c7557cf
can't find the coins~~
thanks!

---

Your request (45010) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

---

Thank you for your request.

The ANC wallet has been experiencing some problems, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

This ticket will be forwarded to the CEX.IO supervisor for more thorough investigation of your issue.

Best Regards,
Daniel
CEX.IO Support

---

Hey,

At the moment the ANC system has severe technical diffculties, so we can't check this transaction. Please contact us back after at least one Anoncoin wallet update.

Best Regards,
Matthew, CEX.IO support

---

any body can help me,
thanks all~~~
Black Mamba

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

Don't Trust Words

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 07:24:29 PM

Wow so much newbie activity over here  Wink
robinson5

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:08:53 PM

If you are dismissing my concerns can you please explain why they are not troubling to you?  If you have any information please share it with the community.

1. K1773R is still blaming the transaction problem on cryptsy.  There have been bugs found in the anoncoin code and cryptsy is compiling from source.  Other exchanges and even desktop qt clients are having the same problem as cryptsy.  So this can't be a cryptsy problem.  I would really like if the devs would work on this problem seeing as a cryptocurrency with transaction problems is obviously really bad.  What are the devs doing to fix this? We need anoncoin back on exchanges asap.

2. Meeh has been working on myriad auxPoW for the past month but recently asked what myriad auxPoW is.  Since he can't develop something he doesn't know about what has he been doing? An update on the supposed "imminent" hardfork would be great.  The sooner this hardfork happens the sooner anoncoin can fix the difficulty issue.

3. Anoncoin code is still based on bitcoin 0.8.6 which is almost a year old at this point.  Why hasn't the anoncoin code been updated? Bitcoin is currently on 0.9.3 and there have 4 updates in between 0.8.6 and 0.9.3.  Why has anoncoin missed all 4 updates?  Gnosis recently posted that meeh was working on updating the code to 0.9.3 but that concerns me because meeh was also supposed to be working on myriad auxPoW but seems to not be doing too well with that either.

4. This conversation with ian miers of zerocash is also troubling.  He doesn't seem to think our RSA UFO's are strong enough.  https://twitter.com/secparam/status/449576116161089537
alincoln

Activity: 175

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:23:19 PM

If you are dismissing my concerns can you please explain why they are not troubling to you?  If you have any information please share it with the community.

1. K1773R is still blaming the transaction problem on cryptsy.  There have been bugs found in the anoncoin code and cryptsy is compiling from source.  Other exchanges and even desktop qt clients are having the same problem as cryptsy.  So this can't be a cryptsy problem.  I would really like if the devs would work on this problem seeing as a cryptocurrency with transaction problems is obviously really bad.  What are the devs doing to fix this? We need anoncoin back on exchanges asap.

2. Meeh has been working on myriad auxPoW for the past month but recently asked what myriad auxPoW is.  Since he can't develop something he doesn't know about what has he been doing? An update on the supposed "imminent" hardfork would be great.  The sooner this hardfork happens the sooner anoncoin can fix the difficulty issue.

3. Anoncoin code is still based on bitcoin 0.8.6 which is almost a year old at this point.  Why hasn't the anoncoin code been updated? Bitcoin is currently on 0.9.3 and there have 4 updates in between 0.8.6 and 0.9.3.  Why has anoncoin missed all 4 updates?  Gnosis recently posted that meeh was working on updating the code to 0.9.3 but that concerns me because meeh was also supposed to be working on myriad auxPoW but seems to not be doing too well with that either.

4. This conversation with ian miers of zerocash is also troubling.  He doesn't seem to think our RSA UFO's are strong enough.  https://twitter.com/secparam/status/449576116161089537

Doesn't matter if the account is new if the points he raises are valid. These are all perfectly valid concerns IMO.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:56:17 PM

How about some level of moderation for this thread?

Are you not concerned about these things?

Yes I am as well. I don't see what it has to do with moderation though; the point is not to remove concerns/feedback, just cut the crap! 

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
robinson5

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:48:01 PM

Doesn't matter if the account is new if the points he raises are valid. These are all perfectly valid concerns IMO.

Thank you alincoln! Hopefully the devs will get back to us soon and answer some of these questions
lunokhod2

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:49:43 PM

Wow so much newbie activity over here  Wink

If you are dismissing my concerns can you please explain why they are not troubling to you?  If you have any information please share it with the community.

1. K1773R is still blaming the transaction problem on cryptsy.  There have been bugs found in the anoncoin code and cryptsy is compiling from source.  Other exchanges and even desktop qt clients are having the same problem as cryptsy.  So this can't be a cryptsy problem.  I would really like if the devs would work on this problem seeing as a cryptocurrency with transaction problems is obviously really bad.  What are the devs doing to fix this? We need anoncoin back on exchanges asap.

2. Meeh has been working on myriad auxPoW for the past month but recently asked what myriad auxPoW is.  Since he can't develop something he doesn't know about what has he been doing? An update on the supposed "imminent" hardfork would be great.  The sooner this hardfork happens the sooner anoncoin can fix the difficulty issue.

3. Anoncoin code is still based on bitcoin 0.8.6 which is almost a year old at this point.  Why hasn't the anoncoin code been updated? Bitcoin is currently on 0.9.3 and there have 4 updates in between 0.8.6 and 0.9.3.  Why has anoncoin missed all 4 updates?  Gnosis recently posted that meeh was working on updating the code to 0.9.3 but that concerns me because meeh was also supposed to be working on myriad auxPoW but seems to not be doing too well with that either.

4. This conversation with ian miers of zerocash is also troubling.  He doesn't seem to think our RSA UFO's are strong enough.  https://twitter.com/secparam/status/449576116161089537

Yeah, I have to agree.

First Bluetrade, then Cryptsy, then CEX. I think that the verdict is in: the problem is with Anoncoin and not the exchanges.

The last Anoncoin release (based on bitcoin 0.8.6) was Dec. 24, 2013. Though there has been a lot of bull-shitting and promises made, nothing has been accomplished in almost a year. The code base was not kept up to date, and now we are at the mercy of those exploiting flaws that were fixed long ago in other coins.

Now, if this was just some software project, so be it. However, Anoncoin is supposed to be a cryptocurrency, and the current market cap is about half a million USD (it used to be, and should be, well over million). It doesn't matter whether you own a lot, or just a few coins: the lack of action from the lead developer is causing the value of whatever you own to plummet. On top of that, even if Anoncoin were a store of value, there is now little utility in holding ANC: you can not exchange it, and you can not transfer it with all the craziness in the network difficulty.

So, is the verdict that the Anoncoin experiment is a failure? Or will Meeh actually wake up and patch his sinking ship?
alincoln

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 11:53:07 PM

If you are dismissing my concerns can you please explain why they are not troubling to you?  If you have any information please share it with the community.

4. This conversation with ian miers of zerocash is also troubling.  He doesn't seem to think our RSA UFO's are strong enough.  https://twitter.com/secparam/status/449576116161089537

Yeah, I have to agree.

First Bluetrade, then Cryptsy, then CEX. I think that the verdict is in: the problem is with Anoncoin and not the exchanges.

The last Anoncoin release (based on bitcoin 0.8.6) was Dec. 24, 2013. Though there has been a lot of bull-shitting and promises made, nothing has been accomplished in almost a year. The code base was not kept up to date, and now we are at the mercy of those exploiting flaws that were fixed long ago in other coins.

Now, if this was just some software project, so be it. However, Anoncoin is supposed to be a cryptocurrency, and the current market cap is about half a million USD (it used to be, and should be, well over million). It doesn't matter whether you own a lot, or just a few coins: the lack of action from the lead developer is causing the value of whatever you own to plummet. On top of that, even if Anoncoin were a store of value, there is now little utility in holding ANC: you can not exchange it, and you can not transfer it with all the craziness in the network difficulty.

So, is the verdict that the Anoncoin experiment is a failure? Or will Meeh actually wake up and patch his sinking ship?

ANC is a failed experiment because it has an incompetent dev (Meeh). Let's face it, he has done nothing in the last months to correct the serious problems at hand. He's not a skilled developer, not good at bringing a community together, not good at managing a team. I'm not trolling, I've been following this coin for a while and saw a lot of potential in it, but with a guy like Meeh 'running' the show there's no future in it.
robinson5

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:11:27 AM

Yeah, I have to agree.

ANC is a failed experiment because it has an incompetent dev (Meeh). Let's face it, he has done nothing in the last months to correct the serious problems at hand. He's not a skilled developer, not good at bringing a community together, not good at managing a team. I'm not trolling, I've been following this coin for a while and saw a lot of potential in it, but with a guy like Meeh 'running' the show there's no future in it.

Hopefully the devs will respond soon and address our four concerns above.  Gnosis has been working hard on zerocoin and the RSA UFOs have been successfully generated.  But more responsive devs would be good and hopefully they can put our minds to ease.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:16:50 AM

Yeah, I have to agree.

Hopefully the devs will respond soon and address our four concerns above.  Gnosis has been working hard on zerocoin and the RSA UFOs have been successfully generated.  But more responsive devs would be good and hopefully they can put our minds to ease.

I get the feeling that this coin was abandoned long ago and the so-called devs posting recently are just pump and dump monkeys. Is it possible?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:18:03 AM

In all seriousness, cryptsy has refused ANC deposits/withdraws for half a month atm. On the bright side, perhaps my pending funds will show up for the zerocoin release.  Roll Eyes

thunderjet

Activity: 916
Merit: 312

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:27:49 AM

KGW Time Warp exploit was discovered in March.Fix for this is also good known.Why it is not implemented for so many months???Multipools are ripping apart anoncoin blockchain like a blackhole heavily disrupting entire network.
niteglider

Activity: 126

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:11:46 PM

Gotta admit.... starting to feel like there's egg dripping off my face.  I'm wondering why I'm still mining ANC.

I had a lot of hope and optimism about this coin.  I wonder if the devs are just kids who've taken on a project
too big for themselves and are now bored with it.  I saw so much possibility for actually altering history with
this digicoin.  A wall being built against the seemingly unstoppable oncoming tyranny.

Meeh, if you are serious, please get on here and do something.  Say something about what you are doing.  If
you need help, ask for it.  If you are genuine, and you've actually brought the project as far along as you say,
then see those next stages to completion and fix the problems.

Forget about the exchanges for now if necessary.  This has so much more potential for all of humanity than
making some quick money on exchanges.  Real privacy in trade is practically a human right, or should be.

For now, I'll keep the miners going and watch the threads.  This was never about making money for me.  It can
be so much more.  But I must admit, I'm feeling a bit sheepish, and I think I hear the buzz of shears coming.

varun555

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 12:33:19 PM

Gotta admit.... starting to feel like there's egg dripping off my face.  I'm wondering why I'm still mining ANC.

I had a lot of hope and optimism about this coin.  I wonder if the devs are just kids who've taken on a project
too big for themselves and are now bored with it.  I saw so much possibility for actually altering history with
this digicoin.  A wall being built against the seemingly unstoppable oncoming tyranny.

Meeh, if you are serious, please get on here and do something.  Say something about what you are doing.  If
you need help, ask for it.  If you are genuine, and you've actually brought the project as far along as you say,

Forget about the exchanges for now if necessary.  This has so much more potential for all of humanity than
making some quick money on exchanges.  Real privacy in trade is practically a human right, or should be.

For now, I'll keep the miners going and watch the threads.  This was never about making money for me.  It can
be so much more.  But I must admit, I'm feeling a bit sheepish, and I think I hear the buzz of shears coming.
To both niteglider and TheKoziTwo..... please hold on........
alincoln

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:09:05 PM

What you've got to realize:

- Meeh is more interested in I2P than ANC. He clearly spends more time on I2P related projects than on ANC coding. It's been like this for ages. Check out his blog at PrivacySolutions.no if you have any doubts.
- He's admittely an anti-social character. He doesn't enjoy human interaction and believes we are (largely) a bunch of trolls and newbies with little potential to contribute, but with a lot of potential to cause "stress" with our constant "demands". He's stated more than once that time spent chatting is less time spent coding.
- He's little focused and a natural procrastinator. He'll start many projects at once, stay with them for a little while and switch his attention elsewhere. He'll keep many TODO lists but never finish any one of them. If pressed to show results, he'll argue he's got too much workload ("Check out my TODO!!").

Coming here on a daily basis to discuss ideas with experienced members would improve ANC's code quality and bring confidence to the coin, but Meeh doesn't see it that way because coming here will make it evident he's not doing any actual progress, causing him a lot of stress. That's the nature of a procrastinator and there's little we can do about that.
Gnosis-

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:04:06 PM

How about some level of moderation for this thread?

Are you not concerned about these things?

K1773R is in agreement that we should switch to the 0.9.3 codebase.

Meeh definitely knows what myriad is, so this was probably a misunderstanding. Anyway, I am doing the porting to 0.9.3 and adding a replacement for KGW. Our faulty difficulty algorithm is a major contributor to block difficulty oscillation. After all this is released, either myself or another developer (probably not meeh) will work on myriad auxpow. Meeh seems to be extremely busy with his job these past weeks, but we are capable of doing this without him.

He doesn't seem to get it. Maybe Twitter is the wrong medium for such conversations.

It appears that he thinks an n-bit random integer has a 100% probability of being factored in T time by an attacker (in other words, he thinks there's no variation in time to factor). This is definitely not the case. Also, if it was the case, then the Sander UFO construction would not be secure.

ANC:AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6 | BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx | GPG: E6D0 96DE 5B3E 16C7 C57F  DC3B 654D BB7A D847 993A
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:42:52 PM

I can only apologize to everyone whom my writing led to the purchase of ANC.

If ANC ever get ZC, in which I sincerely doubt, I will not support it because the last delay of the testnet and all around..
I do not forget the behavior and actions of devs.
History repeats itself.

I do not approve of it as it is normally under the excuse "that this is happening in programming".
It occurs from March...

Regards to anon fans,
with one tip if you didn't heard already, while waiting Zcash, you can watch new ZK story with SDC,
maybe they are not like our devs,, time will tell!

Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:42:23 PM

Meeh definitely knows what myriad is, so this was probably a misunderstanding. Anyway, I am doing the porting to 0.9.3 and adding a replacement for KGW. Our faulty difficulty algorithm is a major contributor to block difficulty oscillation. After all this is released, either myself or another developer (probably not meeh) will work on myriad auxpow. Meeh seems to be extremely busy with his job these past weeks, but we are capable of doing this without him.

If I understand you good, then Meeh is not working on ANC anymore. You are now the only dev working on ANC?

People have taken to a tendency around here to see the worst in everything. Meeh is busy with his work is what he said, not that Meeh has stopped working on the coin.

Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 10:45:37 PM

I can only apologize to everyone whom my writing led to the purchase of ANC.

If ANC ever get ZC, in which I sincerely doubt, I will not support it because the last delay of the testnet and all around..
I do not forget the behavior and actions of devs.
History repeats itself.

I do not approve of it as it is normally under the excuse "that this is happening in programming".
It occurs from March...

Regards to anon fans,
with one tip if you didn't heard already, while waiting Zcash, you can watch new ZK story with SDC,
maybe they are not like our devs,, time will tell!

I'll be holding my ANC. Yes, we where let down, but work has been progressing. ZC is one of the most ambitious undertakings in the cryptosphere, bumps in the road is to be expected.
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: