Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:52:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631709 times)
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:38:58 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 07:53:36 PM by publicjud

Looks like you are getting played then.....

It's a sum zero game.  Just numbers.  It's just too bad I don't have more just numbers to throw around right now.  lol.

Well right now these 'just numbers' represent real wealth...

I would love to know when it is you buying or when others are front running you....

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:32:58 PM

wanted to buy more today as soon as I got off from work while price was below 10k. Damn you vlad
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 10:39:43 PM

wanted to buy more today as soon as I got off from work while price was below 10k. Damn you vlad

Haha.

Man, how much time did you guys need to accumulate some IXC?  It's been years and mining is done in under 2 weeks.

The spike was too hard and fast so the price may drop.  Don't chase it.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 10:43:03 PM

[

I would love to know when it is you buying or when others are front running you....

I'll post a pick of all my buys the last 3 days.  My first was on CEX for 21,400 at 4700.

The very next day is when the price popped to 6500 without me touching it.  Then I jumped on for another 24,000 up to 7700, then like 10,000 at 8,000 for good measure and soon after that someone else took it over 12,000.

So this big run was not really me.  It was mostly someone else.  I bought my blocks in one single hit without dragging the price higher.  The price should have settled within hours after I bought.

Edit:  Oh, way too many pics to run through imgur and post. But there is someone else who's really running the price up.  But I doesn't see a lot of huge buys - I got most of the big blocks so it's just someone pushing it up more like to annoy me.  Unless he's happy with just a few k IXC and overpaying for them.

I don't really know what's going on but if the IXC price is going up then it's a good thing.  Wink

publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:49:46 PM

Looks like you are getting played then.....

It's a sum zero game.  Just numbers.  It's just too bad I don't have more just numbers to throw around right now.  lol.

I'll post a pick of all my buys the last 3 days.  My first was on CEX for 21,400 at 4700.

The very next day is when the price popped to 6500 without me touching it.  Then I jumped on for another 24,000 up to 7700, then like 10,000 at 8,000 for good measure and soon after that someone else took it over 12,000.

So this big run was not really me.  It was mostly someone else.  I bought my blocks in one single hit without dragging the price higher.  The price should have settled within hours after I bought.

So you basically buy, and then post that you are buying.  That's way smarter than posting you are buying before you buy.  You'd be smart to  be selling when you post that you are buying.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 10:55:26 PM

So you basically buy, and then post that you are buying.  That's way smarter than posting you are buying before you buy.  You'd be smart to  be selling when you post that you are buying.

I usually post I bought within minutes of buying even though I have plans to keep buying.  I did the same stupid thing last year [to be honest] and I way overpaid for IXC as I convinced others to also buy as I was buying.

On CEX I used a Vlad2Vlad ID so maybe someone noticed it [there's been a whale buying there for weeks] or maybe someone read this thread or maybe it's just one big coincidence.

I wouldn't lie though, if I sell I tell people I sell and the same if I buy.  I tell everyone so anyone who bought cause of me knows my stance [and holdings] on IXC.  That's only fair.  I hope people didn't freak out at sub 4,000 and sell.

Cheers!

mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:10:22 PM

im just messing with you vlad. I mean I did want to buy more coins never hurts to have more but ill catch it on dips like you say
beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:04:38 AM

The way these updates are done since this is open source is the job is done and the bounty is collected.

jotaceo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:36:26 AM

- Less than 100000 coins to mine.
- Volume starts spreading (CEX and Cryptsy)
- 44 in market cap and 48 in volume (coinmarketcap.com)
- I said price was rising faster... One day and 5500 is the past, a new good buying point is 6500. But 7000 seems more realistic. And thats +75% in just a week.

- Less than 90.000 coins to mine.

- We had our first spike yesterday. Price crossed 14000 sats.

- Market cap keeps growing (I don't know the market cap during yesterday's party, right now it's top 38 at near $730.000)

- 7000 was a good price. Take advantage of today's sellings. Maybe you can get them again at 8000 sats. I don't think it will reach 7000 at all...
jotaceo

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:33:14 AM

- Less than 90.000 coins to mine.

- We had our first spike yesterday. Price crossed 14000 sats.

- Market cap keeps growing (I don't know the market cap during yesterday's party, right now it's top 38 at near $730,000)

- 7000 was a good price. Take advantage of today's sellings. Maybe you can get them again at 8000 sats. I don't think it will reach 7000 at all...

- Around 75.000 coins to mine.

- Market cap top 36 with more than $750,000 and daily volume top 37 ($7,854) at coinmarketcap.com

- Forget about 8000 sats. New price is 9000 sats (actually 9500 would be more accurate). We've been there last 2 days.

- I bet for more shakes in the near future. It's still a great opportunity to jump into IXC. Don't miss the train plane.
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:10:58 PM

10 days until truth.  Gonna be fun.
GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:21:33 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 08:19:40 PM by GroundRod

@Thomas Nasakioto - Want to thankyou for creating this coin.  Doubt I'll ever understand the true history behind it's making, nor why BCX is so against you having made it.  After some consideration, I now think it's in all our best interest to perpetuate that mystery and tell the story behind the coin, be it by website, forum or twit its the makings of folklore.  In fact that story is still ongoing with your continued support.  

Having lived with the new version of your coins code for more than the last month, I'm less concerned with WHY you've chosen to involve yourself in the development tasks required on a personal level the way you have, now I see that it's allot of work!  ...and requires a considerable amount of ones personal time to be involved with this stuff at the code level.  For me though it's been a great joy to be able to contribute and work with Ahmed on this project.  Knock on wood for continued good health, I should be able to continue that effort for another 10yrs or more, keeping Ixcoin up to the latest Bitcoin codebase level, its something I want to do, beyond that though, if the coin functionality is changed allot, I'm not sure if my intent will remain, we'll just have to see what consensus is found between miners interest, traders desire and developers efforts.  

The inflection point you created in time is upon us, soon the final release of a Ixcoin system which meets your requirements will be out, right in sync with when there is NO more money printing.  Seems to me, like it should be every bit as valuable as a Bitcoin.  At least worth a nickel or a quarter, perhaps even trading briefly for more than a Bitcoin.  The question is, will users of crypto-currency appreciate that fact, only time will tell.

The way these updates are done since this is open source is the job is done and the bounty is collected.

Well ya, it's still not done, but getting really close.  Personally I've received no funds for the work put into the project, nor ever put up an address to receive any, kinda get tired of seeing the constant call by others in the various coins for donations, bounties, blah blah blah, long before anything has even actually been done.  Now that my pre-release build is out, will change that, see below for an address, where anyone can send thanks, if they so desire.

It's taken me a ton of my time to get up to speed in building crypto-coin software, that is what it's been about for me though & have come along way in understanding the 0.9.2 code base and how to be able to build, edit & fix problems within it.  So for me, it has been a great learning experience.  

Our lead developer, now known as MrBodi, as the ahmed_bodi handle got banned:
From way back in our thread, here is his donation addresses:
As i like to keep track of who sends what:

Address for Frictionless to send What he owes: xjTEvSTtSBm5JA5qWm4pFLQqYvdQwRQ5RY

Address for Thomas Nasakioto: xs7ttXXF4HD8tGEbSQDxMMHg7V9H3achCr

Address for Others: xdwN9AfTS1LPZPnuoiprFDGdq3AU1qRwim

Here now by example, I'll show a donation address for my part in the contribution to Ixcoin development.
NOTE: I've reduced the size of these images by ~20% to work on the forum for folks with smaller screen formats, hope they still come through ok, although I note that the images blurred abit.

First Install the new client using the Win32 setup and get your blockchain up-to-date as well as install your wallet.dat file from previous versions.  Mine was originally a 0.3.24 wallet, then it was upgraded to an 0.8.6 version, either or seems to work just fine, at some point you might want to execute the -upgradewallet option when starting Ixcoin, this will bring all the internal wallet data structures up to the latest version.  The simple installer that comes with this release, does one more thing, besides just installing your new execuables, it also installs a registry key so that your operating sytsem knows what to do when you enter a URI into your browser.

Once the new client is installed on your system, simply click on the following link and enter your amount:
ixcoin:xnxZzr7KU1U6BRBqvtpdrMKv9PCMd7z2NC?label=Ixcoin%20Core%20GroundRod%20Development%20Fund&message=Thanks%20for%20your%20support
The address: xnxZzr7KU1U6BRBqvtpdrMKv9PCMd7z2NC

You should then see something like this:

Click on the 'Remember for Ixcoin links' & then simply fill in the amount here:

And click send:

I actually did this, sending 10ixc to myself and you can see it on the overview page here:

You can check any of those above addresses using the Ixcoin block explorer here:
http://darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/IXCoin

@zebedee - Ya it will be & when compared to happenings around the world in the lala land of government backed script, the timing of Ixcoin's terminal coin production is very interesting.

@jotaceo - train, plane neither go fast or high enough, lets try rocket ship....it's scarcity could make headline news everywhere.

@vlad - Really like your sigline image, when you get a chance please send me a (PM) with a link to the highest res version, may yet be able to get it into the code base somewhere, perhaps in the setup program or on the client overview page.

My pre-release build will be little changed from what Ahmed releases, I see he merged my latest pull request.  So unless your a miner, I'd say everybody should upgrade, including merchants as the functionality is so superior.  Still waiting to hear from any of you, as to problems encountered.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 09:44:18 PM

10 days until truth.  Gonna be fun.

Tru dat.

I'm gonna celebrate one way or another.  Too much stress and worries from this coin.  I'm gonna be happier even if it implodes, dies and goes to zero.

Obviously I'd be significantly happier if it exploded to my $10 target rather than going to ZERO.  lol.

Let's get it over with!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:56:43 PM

- V I S I T O R -

kraizi

Activity: 204

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:07:52 AM

Having lived with the new version of your coins code for more than the last month, I'm less concerned with WHY you've chosen to involve yourself in the development tasks required on a personal level the way you have, now I see that it's allot of work!  ...and requires a considerable amount of ones personal time to be involved with this stuff at the code level.  For me though it's been a great joy to be able to contribute and work with Ahmed on this project.  Knock on wood for continued good health, I should be able to continue that effort for another 10yrs or more, keeping Ixcoin up to the latest Bitcoin codebase level, its something I want to do, beyond that though, if the coin functionality is changed allot, I'm not sure if my intent will remain, we'll just have to see what consensus is found between miners interest, traders desire and developers efforts. 

@GroundRod  - Thanks for your effort.  It's greatly appreciated!  iXcoin is finally building a respectable dev team.  It's a great change from the year of no devs.  Good times ahead. 

iXcoin Devs:
ahmed bodi
GroundRod
cinnamon_carter
FrictionlessCoin (still active?)
GroundRod

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:55:33 PM

@GroundRod  - Thanks for your effort.  It's greatly appreciated!  iXcoin is finally building a respectable dev team.  It's a great change from the year of no devs.  Good times ahead. 

iXcoin Devs:
ahmed bodi
GroundRod
cinnamon_carter
FrictionlessCoin (still active?)

I think so to Kraizi, and ya FrictionlessCoin contributed allot with his 0.8.6 release, website and his continued comments on here about technical issues have been helpful too.  For the most part though, I think his interests are elsewhere.  Cinnamon_carter has been a big help too, been a guiding light for me, tester and inspiration as much as a busy schedule can allow.  Don't forget Thomas Nasakioto, whom started this all and still shows his support by what goals need to be achieved in order to qualify for bounties he can offer.  I'm confident that Ahmed will be able to meet those, at which point we'll have all the differnet flavors in client builds anyone could want and the best merged mining code found in the cryptosphere.  I've already made one change, taken from the Bitcoin 0.9.3 codebase to correct how our release will find the clients IP, and plan on incorporating allot of that upgrade after Ahmed finishes up, fully aware this will be an ongoing process.

Hi Guys, this is my first post on BTF, I normally spend too much of my time over at ecointalk forum on account of being one of BAs lucky customers.  Anyway, that’s not why I’m here. The reason I’m here is to give you guys my support, I believe in IXC and what you people have been doing with it and I know I’m not the only one. Maybe I’m missing something and the security of this coin is vulnerable after the last coin in mined, is that the case? If not, this coin is every bit as worthwhile as BTC itself. Build it and the people will come!
So, GroundRod post your development address in reply to this post and I will donate IXC 2000 to help continue your work!
Jumbley  Smiley

Wow this is really appreciated Jumbley, and all the folks whom have contributed so far.  I didn't expect this kinda response, you've all shown me that the development efforts we've been working on to bring Ixcoin current and ready for whatever transition changes might be required is perhaps not such a crazy idea after all.  Sometimes it feels like your standing alone amongst the wolfs with just another crazy idea, its good to see and hear from you, and know that we're not alone.

As to your specific question Jumbley, honestly I'm not 100% sure, we'll be in new territory.

The security question I think can be answered with a yes, it will still have nearly the same level of security as Bitcoin itself, because of it's shared very high hash rate.  Let me try to rephrase that question slightly, it's what I was asking myself just this morning:

Will this coin continue to operate after the last one is mined?

What I was doing is looking @ the HaveCoins(), Getcoins() & Fetchcoins() call references in the ConnectBlock() source code of Main.cpp, and asking myself that question.

What you've got to realize, is that blocks will be created with no value to them, still secured by that very high hash rate.  As I'm beginning to understand it, blocks with no other transactions in them, will only have the coinbase, they will take up the rightful place in the blockchain, but there will be no value assigned or transmitted out to the miner.  All the pointers, variables and parameters are there, that is what I've been looking at and thinking about.

This question is even more complex, because you need to answer this question for all the versions of the client which are running on the network now, when the last mined coin transition occurs.  Right now that mostly is still the older 0.3.24 version clients, from what I can tell.  Even though they didn't mine the block, they still have to except it into their blockchain.  So this question could best be answered by Thomas Nasakioto himself, whom wrote it.  There are allot of nodes now showing up that have upgraded to FrictionlessCoin's v0.8.6 client, but not all that many from what I can tell, by looking at my debug logs.  It's a tough question to answer, even for me as far into this as I've gotten.  My guess is that there are some here with allot more knowledge that I, which can and hopefully will come on and answer this question with certainty, I'm still on the learning curve with allot of the rest of you.

What I can say with confidence, is that if the need arises and we have to spring into action, with a network wide upgrade for Ixcoin, that the job will get done.

So greatly appreciate your support,

The address: xnxZzr7KU1U6BRBqvtpdrMKv9PCMd7z2NC

GR
GroundRod

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:50:53 PM

Forgot to add,

...had a couple pm's asking about what contributions I've made to the project. 

Sorry that it wasn't made clear in my previous posts, now that I'm starting to feel comfortable on GitHub and doing shared development work for open source, it seemed obvious, still only 2 months ago I wouldn't have had a clue either.

Instead of a long typed out summary, here is a shortcut to those details:

GitHub GroundRod commits to Ixcoin Development

Even if your not a programmer, you should be able to get the jest of it by clicking on the last 5 commits made since Sept 9th.

Those changed source code files have been sent upstream & merged into Ahmed's Ixcoin-Dev repository (if you want to look at that, be sure and select the Ixcoin branch, not the master)

Where there was major work done, I tried to comment the source directly.  Assuming there isn't allot of code work to do in the months ahead, there are a # of documentation files that need to be brought current and correct within the Ixcoin context, just scratched the surface on that aspect of development.  Have worn those different hats in a past life, so will take a stab at it, as time allows...

Feel free to ask about anything you care too...

As we don't really have a website master to send Ixcoin treasures too just yet, I've decided (at least for right now) to use GitHub for posting the latest release:
https://github.com/GroundRod/IXCoin/releases

You'll find the Ixcoin BootStrap.dat (3+years of bockchain) I made on Sept 28th, and the Win32-Setup executable, latest build there.

Thank to GitHub for providing the bandwidth.

GR
GroundRod

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:39:24 PM

Thanks GR, should find I've been true to my word.  Smiley

Indeed, many thanks to you Jumbley.   Shocked Shocked
ahmed_

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:55:46 AM

Ground Rod has been a big help in the conversion of the IXC code. doubt i couldve done it without him IMO. About my pool. It's almost ready. compiling clients of every algo i can find and hooking them up ready to begin mining to test them. That means i can text IXC soon on testnet myself.

Ahmed
kraizi

Activity: 204

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:12:23 AM

Forgot to add,

...had a couple pm's asking about what contributions I've made to the project.  

Sorry that it wasn't made clear in my previous posts, now that I'm starting to feel comfortable on GitHub and doing shared development work for open source, it seemed obvious, still only 2 months ago I wouldn't have had a clue either.

Instead of a long typed out summary, here is a shortcut to those details:

GitHub GroundRod commits to Ixcoin Development

Even if your not a programmer, you should be able to get the jest of it by clicking on the last 5 commits made since Sept 9th.

Those changed source code files have been sent upstream & merged into Ahmed's Ixcoin-Dev repository (if you want to look at that, be sure and select the Ixcoin branch, not the master)

Where there was major work done, I tried to comment the source directly.  Assuming there isn't allot of code work to do in the months ahead, there are a # of documentation files that need to be brought current and correct within the Ixcoin context, just scratched the surface on that aspect of development.  Have worn those different hats in a past life, so will take a stab at it, as time allows...

Feel free to ask about anything you care too...

As we don't really have a website master to send Ixcoin treasures too just yet, I've decided (at least for right now) to use GitHub for posting the latest release:
https://github.com/GroundRod/IXCoin/releases

You'll find the Ixcoin BootStrap.dat (3+years of bockchain) I made on Sept 28th, and the Win32-Setup executable, latest build there.

Thank to GitHub for providing the bandwidth.

GR

Just curious who sidhujag is?  He made a lot of changes in July 2014.

What was the final decision on a mandatory transaction fee?  
0 IXC, .001 IXC, .0001 IXC?

I noticed your screen shots show a .001 IXC fee.
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: