Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:16:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 05:22:34 PM

Ok,
I also thought I saw something about a MUD idea for using DevCoin on a MUD? This I would be interested in. Any other thoughts on the matter?

Perhaps it was one of MarkM`s post?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg4277186#msg4277186

You may also be interested in the following DevTome article:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=galaxies_online

Hope that may help,

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dalamar96

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 05:48:40 PM

Ok,
  So no one has any information about Android App Ideas already discussed?  I also thought I saw something about a MUD idea for using DevCoin on a MUD? This I would be interested in. Any other thoughts on the matter?

What ideas? Im working on the official android wallet for devcoin..

To previous poster yes thats why I worked on adding the qr code stuff and with the android wallet it will be simple to make payments using qr.

Awesome! would love to see that when you are done, I will test it out as well if you need.

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
DVC:   1ARHF6HmFL87Rw29qZi1x5TGTDzFDQxMFH
BTC:   19w38CCB8YaxmJHkNH8gMjZYjw64SkQCcM
DODG: DNzDJTJrPEsSYpDGmD2iCFUfK8iJjeqm7C
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 05:50:34 PM

Perhaps it was one of MarkM`s post?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg4277186#msg4277186

You may also be interested in the following DevTome article:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=galaxies_online

Hope that may help,

- Nova

Ahh, ok, I will look into Galaxies Online a little more, but was hoping more for a Medieval style MUD Smiley  Thanx!

Earn Devcoins by Writing | The Young Mage | DevCoin / DevTome Info Prototype Website
tenthirtyone

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:53:16 PM

If we are looking for coding projects for bounties/community why don't we talk to Mike Hearn and get devtome turned in to an autonomous agent?

Yeah, yeah, years away but if we could codify everything in devtome we could launch it in to the wild and it would be virtually unstoppable.

Just a thought.

Now, incoming replies to forum posts over the past few days. I apologize if this is spammy.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:37:50 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 06:48:42 PM by MAbtc

I generally agree with this sentiment. I don't know that I would be affected either way since I don't know what period of time this occurred over. But indeed, it maintains the diluted shares from previous rounds, despite there being a pool of devcoins that could be used to compensate those receivers. Instead, those who received diluted shares may receive nothing. This doesn't seem equitable.

I did it this way because it was the easiest. It would take a long time to figure out how much the shares were diluted in which rounds and to calculate how much each person should get. Also, on average those rounds had about 300,000 devcoins, more than people are getting this round, so those in the previous rounds are already getting plenty.

Edit: Since people want more to be sent to the previous rounds, in the next payment I'll send according to the round 28 account file, instead of the round 32 file.

I'd actually push more towards something like Round 30. The reason being that this is when the issue was for sure a problem. In fact, here's a short breakdown of that one:

Total shares: 816
His shares: 120

That's a ratio of (120/816) 14.7% or almost 15%. This is a pretty big difference in earnings.

Round 29 he had nothing. Round 28 he had a little (55 shares). It's the round 30 one where things were really killed though when you take his shares per round and figure out the dilution of them.

So I'm going to put in a vote for changing it to round 30.
How have payments been made thus far? Round 28 seems significant to me -- 55 is more than I've ever had in a round, certainly. Then again, that is where the majority of my own shares were diluted. Tongue Devcoins were worth considerably less at that time as well, if that is to be considered.
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 06:44:12 PM

If we are looking for coding projects for bounties/community why don't we talk to Mike Hearn and get devtome turned in to an autonomous agent?

Yeah, yeah, years away but if we could codify everything in devtome we could launch it in to the wild and it would be virtually unstoppable.

Just a thought.

Now, incoming replies to forum posts over the past few days. I apologize if this is spammy.

Could you be more specific about what you mean by "turned into an autonomous agent?"

tenthirtyone

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:58:21 PM

Just a thought.

Could you be more specific about what you mean by "turned into an autonomous agent?"

Yeah, sure.

In a nutshell we're talking about an application that controls it's own wallet and can buy it's own hosting. Hypothetically any human action can be coded or scripted. So the work in buying hosting, for example, can be written to code. Similarly, the app can browse for new providers and even migrate itself if a better deal is found. It could put out it's own coding bounties, etc.

Now there are tons of things that need to happen first before autonomous agents are flying around and that's mostly because of trust between payers and providers. But it's an interesting thought none-the-less and one of the most exciting aspects of the future with respect to crypto currency.

Admittedly, the autonomous agent comment was about 80% sarcastic

Also:

I need Forum Admins/Moderators and testers

So while I'm getting the Coinzen.org domain (http://162.243.37.115/)I still need people to admin and moderate on the forum that is up. If you are interested give me a holler. This is more community driven than skill/experience

I need coders/testers

As we continue to deploy the forum I need folks who can test/code. Some good feedback has already come our way through good fortune of users but I would like some dedicated folks. This is driven by skill and experience.

• SMF is a very very simple MVC.
  • If you know PHP/MySQL you can pick it up in an afternoon

I would love if you could submit your board code as a modification/package for SMF otherwise it makes it very difficult to maintain - the XML makes code changes super simple and easy to manage. If you cannot do this send me a PM and I can give you a cheat sheet/work with you.

Please PM me if you are interested in any of those positions.

*It's public in the receiver files that I am receiving 1 admin share for the hosting/administration of the forum. I cannot promise anyone anything with respect to shares (maybe unthinkingbit can chime in with some guidance here).*
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:06:53 PM

Hi everyone, I'm pleased to announce that v2 of the redesigned devcoin.org is now live:

http://devcoin.org

What's new in V2

• DVC ticker added to homepage (thanks tenthirtyone)
  • Community link added to top nav (points to this thread for now, I'll change it to point to the new DVC forum when ready)
  • FAQ link added to top nav
  • Made the site ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) compliant
  • Slowed the slider down a bit (anytime the cursor is placed on the slider it will pause as well)
  • Added Javascript to automatically resize slide height based on content (only seen by users with a very small viewport or users who have greatly increased the font size)
  • Various minor text edits and link additions as requested by the community (Note: once the link list on the Spend DVC page becomes too long, I'll categorize the links into tabbed format)
  • Fixed IE8 layout issue
  • Created FAQ page - this was a lot of work as I had to scour through a ton of text from a bunch of different sources and rewrite all of the content into question and answer format... I'd be happy to add more FAQs, I just ask that they be submitted in traditional FAQ format, meaning a single question with a concise and terse answer Smiley

Mobile Enhancements:

• Added detection for very small viewports (i.e. smartphones). If the site is viewed with a smartphone the images in the slider and on the download page are not displayed due to the lack of space (the images do not contain content, they are merely decorative). I wrote some custom CSS for small viewport devices so the site looks much better on smartphones now.
  • Added swipe detection to slider (Note: the slider does not support swiping by default - I implemented an add-on to make it work though I am unable to test it as I am using an emulator without a touchscreen. Someone please check it with an iPhone and an Android smartphone.)

Questions for the community:

1) http://dvc4giftcards.us/ - as I posted previously, this site is being flagged as malicious by the popular WOT (Web of Trust) plugin:

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/dvc4giftcards.us?utm_source=addon&utm_content=warn-viewsc

Therefore, I don't think this link should be added until this is cleared up as it could undermine Devcoin's credibility. Does anyone know the owner of this site?

2) Is this wallet:

http://media.andarazoroflove.org/Devcoin-Installer.exe

ready to go or is it still being finalized? Should the link overwrite the current link for "Devcoin Setup Exe Windows32"?

3) Social media links - I can add them in a jiffy but I need to know which Facebook/Twitter/YouTube pages to point to (sounds like there aren't any "official" Devcoin social media pages, just what people are putting up on their own)

That's all for now, let me know what you think Smiley
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:09:18 PM

Yeah, sure.

In a nutshell we're talking about an application that controls it's own wallet and can buy it's own hosting. Hypothetically any human action can be coded or scripted. So the work in buying hosting, for example, can be written to code. Similarly, the app can browse for new providers and even migrate itself if a better deal is found. It could put out it's own coding bounties, etc.

Now there are tons of things that need to happen first before autonomous agents are flying around and that's mostly because of trust between payers and providers. But it's an interesting thought none-the-less and one of the most exciting aspects of the future with respect to crypto currency.

Admittedly, the autonomous agent comment was about 80% sarcastic

Also:

I need Forum Admins/Moderators and testers

So while I'm getting the Coinzen.org domain (http://162.243.37.115/)I still need people to admin and moderate on the forum that is up. If you are interested give me a holler. This is more community driven than skill/experience

I need coders/testers

As we continue to deploy the forum I need folks who can test/code. Some good feedback has already come our way through good fortune of users but I would like some dedicated folks. This is driven by skill and experience.

• SMF is a very very simple MVC.
  • If you know PHP/MySQL you can pick it up in an afternoon

I would love if you could submit your board code as a modification/package for SMF otherwise it makes it very difficult to maintain - the XML makes code changes super simple and easy to manage. If you cannot do this send me a PM and I can give you a cheat sheet/work with you.

Please PM me if you are interested in any of those positions.

*It's public in the receiver files that I am receiving 1 admin share for the hosting/administration of the forum. I cannot promise anyone anything with respect to shares (maybe unthinkingbit can chime in with some guidance here).*

Ok, I figured it was a bit tongue in cheek but just wanted to make sure. So far as the test/code for the new forums is concerned, I will help out where ever you need (or I can) in the endeavor. PHP/MySQL is no problem...

kalgecin

Activity: 819
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:22:22 PM

Can anyone explain this mystery?
Code:
coinflip@Initech:~/devcoin/src$ file ./devcoind 
./devcoind: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=0xf1d1a8646650bc001c053dac07244e39f36f5bf3, not stripped
coinflip@Initech:~/devcoin/src$ ./devcoind
bash: ./devcoind: No such file or directory
coinflip@Initech:~/devcoin/src$ ls -lh ./devcoind
-rwxrwxr-x 1 coinflip coinflip 46M Jan  6 21:41 ./devcoind
coinflip@Initech:~/devcoin/src$

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:53:34 PM

Hi everyone, I'm pleased to announce that v2 of the redesigned devcoin.org is now live:

Looks great to me hypersire. On the FAQ, you should have said something. It was still sitting there waiting for feedback from interested parties and yourself as didn't appreciate it was an addition for now. Thanks for the work though.

Only thing I'd still change is to add '...earned by developing, writing or...' under step 2 so it's blatantly obvious on front page, although guess there may be a character limit to fitting it in.

On concise, that's just about same questions being asked over and over so that's what we were trying to address. It's not possible to answer every question tersely. e.g. why is devtome english only, why no music/art when devcoin info says so, why is generation is constant, real newbie issues with clients. You may be right though about portal not being best place for it, perhaps the forum because there still needs to be somewhere people can get answers without waiting for a reply.

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:33:39 PM

I love the layout of the new site. The 'General' tab in the FAQ is not very elaborate though. Give me a week to post a suggestion for a slightly more elaborate description of Devcoin.

I updated the article on Devtome (the value of Devcoin) slightly in view of the new site being up and running. This article can use an update as well, digging deeper into the goal of Devcoin (I will incorporate this update in the weekend on the basis of Hunterbunter's excellent summary a few pages back).  

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 08:52:50 PM

The most frequently linked MUD article is probably http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=cpu_mining

Taking on any more users though is going to have to wait until my new datacentre is up and running. I am trying to get 400 amp electrical service put in and the red tape is massive. (Having to get the building listed as a commercial building instead of as a residence because the power company apparently won't put 400 amp service to a residential building. Also the electrical code for a residence wants stupid little useless 15 amp outlets on every 8 feet of wall in any room that could on resale of the building be potentially a bedroom if it is a residence, so to get 20 amp circuits throughout I need to do it by commercial building electrical code not residential electrical code.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
hypersire

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:55:18 PM

Looks great to me hypersire. On the FAQ, you should have said something. It was still sitting there waiting for feedback from interested parties and yourself as didn't appreciate it was an addition for now. Thanks for the work though.

Only thing I'd still change is to add '...earned by developing, writing or...' under step 2 so it's blatantly obvious on front page, although guess there may be a character limit to fitting it in.

On concise, that's just about same questions being asked over and over so that's what we were trying to address. It's not possible to answer every question tersely. e.g. why is devtome english only, why no music/art when devcoin info says so, why is generation is constant, real newbie issues with clients. You may be right though about portal not being best place for it, perhaps the forum because there still needs to be somewhere people can get answers without waiting for a reply.

Thanks Weisoq, no worries about the FAQs - I knew I would have to compile and rewrite everything into FAQ format. I just ask that going forward, if anyone wants new FAQs added, they just send it as close to traditional FAQ format as they can. Devtome is obviously a very text-heavy site - what works well there doesn't work so well on a "landing site" like devcoin.org.

I went ahead and made your requested edit (added "developing" under step 2).
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 08:55:45 PM

The most frequently linked MUD article is probably http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=cpu_mining

Taking on any more users though is going to have to wait until my new datacentre is up and running. I am trying to get 400 amp electrical service put in and the red tape is massive. (Having to get the building listed as a commercial building instead of as a residence because the power company apparently won't put 400 amp service to a residential building. Also the electrical code for a residence wants stupid little useless 15 amp outlets on every 8 feet of wall in any room that could on resale of the building be potentially a bedroom if it is a residence, so to get 20 amp circuits throughout I need to do it by commercial building electrical code not residential electrical code.)

-MarkM-

Thanx for that link! Smiley

hypersire

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:02:14 PM

I love the layout of the new site. The 'General' tab in the FAQ is not very elaborate though. Give me a week to post a suggestion for a slightly more elaborate description of Devcoin.

That would be great Wekkel! When I offered to rebuild the site I had just learned about Devcoin and really liked what I saw. I managed to piece together all of the content on the new site from various sources, but I am definitely not a Devcoin expert so there was only so much expounding I could do  Smiley

As soon as your content is ready just post it here and I'll make sure it gets up on devcoin.org asap!

Thanks!
melodiem

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:36:38 PM

What ideas? Im working on the official android wallet for devcoin..

To previous poster yes thats why I worked on adding the qr code stuff and with the android wallet it will be simple to make payments using qr.

Awesome sidhujag  Cool

I would really like to help with this if there is anything I can do? I don't have any coding skills but I do have space to help host the landing site and happy to help build a front end if it's any use? Ive been trying to follow what everyone is doing but I am lost now so if anyone is already doing this or there is a reason not to do this, I apologise)

I would also like to support things that get Devcoins and Devtome out into the wider community. Writers and artists are not usually well known for their IT savvy (I eexpect for the developers this is not an issue) and I suspect they (we) would normally be among the last groups to take up something so complex.

If there is anything I can do to support anyone else's work in this regard, just ask.

shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:38:16 PM

2) Is this wallet:

ready to go or is it still being finalized? Should the link overwrite the current link for "Devcoin Setup Exe Windows32"?

That wallet is good and has been approved as the new "Official Wallet." It has the most up to date binaries in it and can replace your current link.
dalamar96

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:53:53 PM

2) Is this wallet:

That wallet is good and has been approved as the new "Official Wallet." It has the most up to date binaries in it and can replace your current link.

This is one thing I haven't tried yet, how would you ensure that your current wallet and all the addresses make it to the new software?

melodiem

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:00:24 AM

I like how easy it is to navigate and use hypersire. Thanks for all your hard work.

I do have a question/suggestion, could http://www.kissmyweb.com be added to the list of businesses accepting Devcoins or is there an approval process I need to undertake? and could there be something on the http://devcoin.org/spend-devcoin.html page about how businesses can support Devcoin?

Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: