Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:37:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2019, 11:35:36 PM

Guys, did the bisq.network delist DVC? I downloaded the latest client today and I can't find it anywhere.  Huh

From https://docs.bisq.network/exchange/howto/list-asset.html
Inactive assets will be de-listed
At each new release we will check whether already-listed assets have been traded in the past 4 months. If this requirement is not met the asset will be removed. The Bisq trade statistics are used as a reference. Removal of an un-traded asset will not be announced outside of normal release notes.
Listing the asset again will require a statement about what has changed since the original de-listing, e.g.: links to discussions where demand for the asset is documented, etc.

~ ctya

I understand Ctya, thanks for the explanation

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 04:41:40 PM
Merited by Vlad2Vlad (3)

Point is that the coin doesn't have much traffic for it's potential, writing is just one of the unique ways contributors can earn DevCoin but it will remain useless and stagnant without significant volume and user base.

Ever hear of Daniel Treccia?   Grin

More people have heard of Daniel Treccia who exists on the planet known as "Earth" than Paul Roberto Vlad - who exists only on whatever ID he is printed on.

From the many one, from one, the source
orimar

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 04:48:22 AM

um, I checked my mac gui wallet that i downloaded here at the devcoin dot org web wallet link and it no longer opens and isnt compatible with mac os! what can i do to get access to it? I see the concept of the conversation of wanting to get more people to join devcoin, i would want to help with that but i think i lost my coins due to this gui mac os wallet no longer opens for me.

this isnt good for those new coming into the scene. any help is greatly appreciated.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 03:46:32 PM

um, I checked my mac gui wallet that i downloaded here at the devcoin dot org web wallet link and it no longer opens and isnt compatible with mac os! what can i do to get access to it? I see the concept of the conversation of wanting to get more people to join devcoin, i would want to help with that but i think i lost my coins due to this gui mac os wallet no longer opens for me.

this isnt good for those new coming into the scene. any help is greatly appreciated.

I have an old mac kicking round, i'll have a go at running the client and restoring a wallet on that this weekend and see if I have any issues.

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
orimar

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 05:22:39 AM

I have an old mac kicking round, i'll have a go at running the client and restoring a wallet on that this weekend and see if I have any issues.

Fuzzybear

that would be helpful as i was able to open my wallet in the gui but it wont let me see my amount in the wallet but i see it on the block explorer.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 07:53:34 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2019, 06:12:19 PM by markm

The Latest Rates include-file has been updated, along with the whole site of asset value tables.

Using those latest values, the proposed DVC Holdings treasury/warchest is now valued at 9880733930.99764890 DeVCoins.

That is an improvement for sure since last report, but still not enough to "back" all the DeVCoins that hae been minted at the current vlue per DeVCoin that was used to calculate that figure.

There does not seem to be a lot of action so far on the HORIZON and Stellar platforms, how many of you have those installed so far?

If you have DeVCoins you would like to sell in bulk but do not want to bother setting up either of those platforms, maybe just look at the Latest Rates file and make some offers?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 04:40:50 PM

The Latest Rates include-file[url=http://has been updated, along with the [url=http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html]whole site of asset value tables] has been updated, along with the [url=http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html]whole site of asset value tables.

Using those latest values, the proposed DVC Holdings treasury/warchest is now valued at 9880733930.99764890 DeVCoins.

That is an improvement for sure since last report, but still not enough to "back" all the DeVCoins that hae been minted at the current vlue per DeVCoin that was used to calculate that figure.

There does not seem to be a lot of action so far on the HORIZON and Stellar platforms, how many of you have those installed so far?

If you have DeVCoins you would like to sell in bulk but do not want to bother setting up either of those platforms, maybe just look at the Latest Rates file and make some offers?

-MarkM-

I will look into it. You propose we make offers on HORIZON or Stellar? Can you provide a link to these platforms? Smiley

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 06:26:20 PM

Stellar is available all over the place, in fact right now BlockChain.com is still in the process of giving away $25 USD worth of Stellar Lumens per validated user, so it might be worth your while to get yourself validated there. If you can get their weird photo-ID thing to work, for me it just keeps taking a photo then claiming the internet hiccuped and taking the photo again, and again, and again, never failing to claim the internet hiccuped.

HORIZON the last released version can be downloaded from inside my http://LFM.knotwork.com/ site if you can't find it elsewhere.

I have not modified it so you will need to give it some current active nodes, I believe my site says how to do that.

A bunch of other coins some might regard as "obscure" are also available (in source code) there too, such as some of the original family of merged mined coins merged mined alongside bitcoin and devcoin. (IXCoin, I0Coin, GRouPcoin, CoiLedCoin etc).

The thing with HORIZON is that it is a NXT clone, so all trading pairs have to have its native token (HZ) as one side of the pair.

Stellar lets you offer any asset directly against any asset, no need to involve its own token (Stellar Lumens, XLM).

But, Stellar needs a so called "line of trust" for each asset you want to use, and each line of trust "ties up" ten Lumens as long as the line of trust exists.

Still, being able to trade arbitrary pairs directly, only needing to worry about their value relative to each other without reference to the platform's native currency, is kind of nice.

Also its fees might actually work out cheaper, depending on how much an HZ turns out to be worth.

That is the trouble with HORIZON, to use its trading pairs feature we need to somehow arrive at a value of the HZ itself, and right now HZ is yet another token you don't find on the public, website-type "exchanges" since Poloniex de-listed it.

It seems to have been used as if it were about a Canadian penny per HZ, but that is probably only because the vast majority of folks who actually have some still think it is "dead" since Poloniex de-listed it; if those folks come back chances are a lot of HZ will be wanting to get dumped for anything they think they might be able to "cash out" somewhere. Which might put a premium on things like IXC and I0C and maybe even DVC that can still be found on the typical website-type public "exchanges" folks are used to.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 07:47:52 PM

Had them installed from a while ago. Tried loading HORIZON and got "Blockchain download halted, no connection" notice on the web page at http://localhost:7776/index.html once the run-desktop.sh script was started.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2019, 04:53:06 AM

Had them installed from a while ago. Tried loading HORIZON and got "Blockchain download halted, no connection" notice on the web page at http://localhost:7776/index.html once the run-desktop.sh script was started.

- Nova

Yeah their default and well known hosts lists in config file have all gone offline when the developers abandoned the project.

Put a well known hosts line or default hosts line in config with things like dvcstable01.dvcnode.org, dvcstable02.dvcnode.org, dvcstable06.dvcnode.org, crossciv.no-ip.org, ufbsh.no-ip.org, ufbtr.ddns.net and ufbar.ddns.net

Damn it is hard to log in here now they added the stupid reCAPTCHA thing that thing makes it sometimes take hours to get onto a site, sometimes completely impossible.

-MarkM-

temple93

Activity: 7
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 07:31:58 PM

Hey everyone, do we need to backup our DVC wallet after each transaction or is it enough to only do it once?
Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 11:54:05 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2019, 12:26:25 AM by Qtera

Hey everyone, do we need to backup our DVC wallet after each transaction or is it enough to only do it once?

I think once is OK. However, do as many backups as you can. You can't have enough backups of something.  I recently lost a lot of stuff from my old HDD because I didn't have a backup for it. Fortunately, I got my DVC wallet stored in several places. So, do it once, but store it in several safe places.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 05:17:55 AM

The wallet generates I think 100 addresses when it is created, then as it runs low it generates more; and there is a command to make it generate more too so if you expect to use a lot before your next backup you can deliberately generate a lot so your backup will contain the next however many addresses that will be used.

So you have some leeway.

When you send coins often an address will be used up to send the change to, and of course every time you do getnewaddress to get a new address to tell someone to send to that uses up one of the pre-created addresses.

So basically every time you do a backup it includes the next X-number of addresses that are to be used.

Once they have all been used, you will be into new territory, using addresses that had not been created at the time of your last backup.

So the key is to make backups faster than you use up addresses.

For example if you have a website that lets visitors cause an address to be created for them to send coins to, and thousands of visitors get addresses created daily, or one visitor uses a bot to have it generate tens or hundreds of thousands of addresses for them in one day, you might be hard-pressed to make backups often enough, and will want to generate vast numbers of addresses ahead of time to back up before the site gives them out.

If on the other hand you only have one publicised address for folks to send you coins (a donation address for example, or the address DevTome sends your shares to), and never send coins so never use up addresses to send change to, then one backup will last you "forever" with plenty of pre-generated addresses in it ready for some day when you do suddenly need another address or few.

-MarkM-

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 10:11:39 PM

The wallet generates I think 100 addresses when it is created, then as it runs low it generates more; and there is a command to make it generate more too so if you expect to use a lot before your next backup you can deliberately generate a lot so your backup will contain the next however many addresses that will be used.

So you have some leeway.

When you send coins often an address will be used up to send the change to, and of course every time you do getnewaddress to get a new address to tell someone to send to that uses up one of the pre-created addresses.

So basically every time you do a backup it includes the next X-number of addresses that are to be used.

Once they have all been used, you will be into new territory, using addresses that had not been created at the time of your last backup.

So the key is to make backups faster than you use up addresses.

For example if you have a website that lets visitors cause an address to be created for them to send coins to, and thousands of visitors get addresses created daily, or one visitor uses a bot to have it generate tens or hundreds of thousands of addresses for them in one day, you might be hard-pressed to make backups often enough, and will want to generate vast numbers of addresses ahead of time to back up before the site gives them out.

If on the other hand you only have one publicised address for folks to send you coins (a donation address for example, or the address DevTome sends your shares to), and never send coins so never use up addresses to send change to, then one backup will last you "forever" with plenty of pre-generated addresses in it ready for some day when you do suddenly need another address or few.

-MarkM-

Is that sort of a description of "coin mixing" and issuing lots?

Kenobi27

Activity: 7
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 04:53:49 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2019, 06:55:31 AM by Kenobi27
Merited by realdantreccia (2)

Hi, I sent coins off Freiexchange to qt wallet address before it finished syncing but laptop shutdown and now I got error on devcoin wallet "failed to connect to best block" and wallet will not open. Any fix?

Never mind. Fixed by moving wallet.dat from laptop to desktop wallet
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 05:34:03 PM

Hi, I sent coins off Freiexchange to qt wallet address before it finished syncing but laptop shutdown and now I got error on devcoin wallet "failed to connect to best block" and wallet will not open. Any fix?

Trucker, welcome.

MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 02:28:45 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2019, 07:03:58 PM by MarketMagic

Hello all.I am trying to sync devcoin wallet but it hangs with 10 weeks to sync.When I shut it down and restarted it say message:error: cannot find best block? Please advise thanks.

Debug:
Code:
ERROR: ConnectBlock() : Share to beneficiary is insufficient
Warning, no coin lists were found for the file: receiver.csv

█████████████████████
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 02:30:38 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2019, 07:11:56 PM by MarketMagic

Hello.I too get this issue but nothing fixes it.I am now syncing again from beginning and it works but I am wondering if it will happen once I reach certain part of chain?

Update:I download from scratch and same shit happens again Huh @sidhujag et al what to do Huh

█████████████████████
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 06:32:21 AM
Merited by MarketMagic (2)

Hello.I too get this issue but nothing fixes it.I am now syncing again from beginning and it works but I am wondering if it will happen once I reach certain part of chain?

Update:I download from scratch and same shit happens again Huh @sidhujag et al what to do Huh

maybe it cant download the receiver file no host
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 08:50:19 AM

maybe it cant download the receiver file no host

I have experienced the same on my windows laptop.

I added all the nodes from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dvc/#!network which is reading a block height count of 369636

But this also got stuck again at block 359999.

I can try adding in manually the receiver file tonight to see if that makes a difference, but I am hosting the receiver files myself and they should be downloadable so not sure if that is the issue.  Has anything changed in the code? do we need to issue new binaries  off the new build?  I can try a linux build this week if I get some time, and will also have a look at the mac build I have been trying to get round to looking into.

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: