Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:43:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 06:23:12 AM

When do we moon? ..."asking for a friend"

I ain't your guy, pal.

Duly noted

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neuro14

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 05:42:05 PM

According to the latest rates file 1 DVC = 24 Litoshi, or 4x the current market price on Altilly - correct?

Also, has anyone successfully withdrew DVC from Altilly and received it in their Devcoin wallet?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 07:30:41 PM

According to the latest rates file 1 DVC = 24 Litoshi, or 4x the current market price on Altilly - correct?

Also, has anyone successfully withdrew DVC from Altilly and received it in their Devcoin wallet?

Sounds right, not sure why altilly price is so low.  I have withdrawn from Altilly with no issues. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 12:32:35 AM

Sounds right, not sure why altilly price is so low.  I have withdrawn from Altilly with no issues. 

I have used altilly and withdrawn without issue.

From the many one, from one, the source
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 04:01:04 PM

If its worth nothing and you can buy nothing with it then it has zero potential Cry

In today's blockchain technology, where a chain can carry anything from the data for a social media network to a country's land titles, any chain that has a secure network has potential worth. Thinking currency centric can hide some of a token's potential value from you, in my opinion.

- Nova

#DevSTEEM On!

It lives!!! #DevSTEEM on =P

Hopefully my posting key request will be excepted for the @devcoin account on the #STEEM blockchain, so as to continue that momentum.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
rahmat86

Activity: 1148
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 04:44:08 PM

Where is market to trade devcoin? I'm not found devcoin at coinmarketcap? I think maybe buy some devcoin and hold next year is good
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 05:07:14 PM

Where is market to trade devcoin? I'm not found devcoin at coinmarketcap? I think maybe buy some devcoin and hold next year is good

Altilly and Freiexchange.  Altilly has the best prices and supply right now (LTC market).

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 01:22:23 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2019, 01:33:46 PM by markm

LiTeCoin has been going up fast lately, so that rates file is probably quite out of date by now regarding LiTeCoin.

It is generated along with all those other tables ( http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html ), lately only about once or twice each month. You can see from the dates on the other tables that the last time it was run was June 1st 2019, so those "Latest rates" are as of then.

The rates tend to work best for assets whose value can be computed by dividing the asset's treasury by the number of coins/shares/whatever, since those things tend usually to move more slowly. Although those things also often have oodles of additional "stuff" behind them beyond just what is in their "treasury" so maybe they are somewhat under-estimated by only adding up their warchest/treasury. (For example the United Kingdom Britcoin and the Canadian Digital Note do not try to account for the guildhouses, equipment etc the Brits and Canucks own on the CoffeeMUD platform and the Crossfire RPG platform, nor for the civilisations they control on FreeCiv worlds, and not even the stashes of their own coin they each have separated out from their treasury/warchest account yet could if they chose use to purchase other assets to put into their treasury/warchest account.)

DeVCoin is hopefully on its way to being able to be valued in that way, but as of June 1st the computed value (based on those "Latest rates") of the "DVC" entity that is hoped to eventually be able to serve as the "treasury" or "warchest" we can use to compute the value of DeVCoins was only 10,265,100,372.63372243 DeVCoins, which is still only about half the actual number of DeVCoins that have been minted so far. So basically that warchest or treasury currently only contains enough assets to be able to buy back about half the DeVCoins in existence at the value per DeVCoin the Latest Rates file shows, meaning if the rate for DeVCoin was computed from that warchest or treasury the rate shown would be somewhere around half what is actually currently being shown.

In other words right now the Latest Rates for DeVCoin are, like those for LiTeCoin and several other coins that live on blockchains, based on attempted "price discovery" rather than upon some warchest or treasury which could be used to "buy back" all the coins thus far minted.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 10:37:46 AM

LiTeCoin has been going up fast lately, so that rates file is probably quite out of date by now regarding LiTeCoin.

It is generated along with all those other tables ( http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html ), lately only about once or twice each month. You can see from the dates on the other tables that the last time it was run was June 1st 2019, so those "Latest rates" are as of then.

So you update these tables based on what data? Only network market offers (that could be misleading, no? Is volume even transparent? Who knows.), or "centralized exchanges" are included? 
Is any info on that (i.e. the generation of files) already posted somewhere?

Could we say that you are the Stellar Mark(et) M(aker)? 

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 01:16:54 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2019, 01:38:29 AM by markm

There are plenty of market-makers and markets on Stellar, but for a certain bunch of coins most of which are not on any of the normal exchanges I have issued tokens on HORIZON and Stellar networks so that players of the Galactic Milieu can make use of them.

Mostly this is the galactic big seven, a bunch of coins merged-mined alongside bitcoin since time immemorial, and a bunch of "Sci-Fi themed coins".

For coins that have a nation, corp, or whatever behind them in the game I calculate the value as the value of that nation or corp or whatever's treasury divided by the number of coins minted. For coins that have not yet been adopted by a civilisation or nation or Corp or whatever but are on an exchange somewhere I do unfortunately have to resort to looking at the current prices on that exchange or on CoinMarketCap. That includes bitcoin even though in the game bitcoin is supposedly the currency of the civilisation known as "Hackers" whose technology level is so high it might almost be indistinguishable from magick. (Most civilisations consider the Hackers, like "the planet known as Earth", mythical/fictitious.)

Eventually I hoped some kind of nation and corp auditing data could be put out periodically by some kind of publishing corp that would sell reports to interested nations and corps, and maybe also post them in libraries in various cities in the game and things like that. So far mostly everything is still in development. Maybe someone who has a ninja or thief character (someone in other words who might plausibly pass for a professional spy or somesuch) on the Galactic Diplomacy World (the CrossCiv Crossfire RPG server) will take up the task of obtaining all the nitty bitty details about the treasuries and transactions of the various civilisations corps etc and make such information available to other characters who visit that diplomacy world. If we make too much data available outeside the rabbit-holes, to people who might not even actually have a character in the game anywhere, that kind of subtracts from the lists of reasons why one might bother to actually play the darn game. Smiley

Someone on the I0Coin thread wants to buy some I0Coin so I have finally gotten back to setting up trade offers on the Stellar network, I will try to get I0C/XLM and IXC/XLM done then maybe start making trade offers using DVC instead of XLM as the counter-asset so maybe more folks looking to be able to actually spend their DeVCoins might decide to get involved on the Stellar platform.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
neuro14

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 01:53:34 PM

I'm not sure who is in charge of delegating roles/responsibilities of the project, but I'd be happy to contribute to devcoin if I could be of any help. Unfortunately I don't have any development background, but have professional experience in finance/accounting and know the crypto-sphere pretty well.

Let me know - thanks.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 05:23:30 PM
Merited by develCuy (1)

I'm not sure who is in charge of delegating roles/responsibilities of the project, but I'd be happy to contribute to devcoin if I could be of any help. Unfortunately I don't have any development background, but have professional experience in finance/accounting and know the crypto-sphere pretty well.

Let me know - thanks.

There are shares of DeVCoin available for twelve people to help me with what Unthinkingbit refers to as my "exchange project", which is basically the implementation of trading on the HORIZON and Stellar networks.

Particularly useful would be people who would provide bail-in and bail-out services to users, that is, accepting coins on their native blockchain from a user and issuing them tokens for them on the HORIZON or Stellar network in return (bailing in) and accepting such tokens from users, sending them actual coins on the blockchain in return (balling out).

(Basically you would buy tokens using real on-blockchain coins and sell tokens for real on-blockchain coins.)

Also useful would be market-making, that is, keeping the order-books full of buy and sell offers.

I have been working on the Stellar platform today, since Stellar lets you trade any asset against any asset so I have been able to create GRP/DVC, I0C/DVC, IXC/DVC, CLC/DVC, XGG, FBX/DVC and TBX/DEV pairs so far. That means folks can now buy I0C, IXC, FBX and TBX using DVC on the Stellar platform.

On the HORIZON platform all pairs must invlve the HZ coin, the native coin of the platform, so there I cannot provide direct pairs of DVC versus things other thqan HZ itself.

Lists of assets are online at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/ although I am not convinced those pages areup to date, I expect that some of the assets I have put in place Ihave not yet gotten around to posting one of those pages for. So the lists at that site might not be complete.

I did check as I worked today though to make sure that under Stellar there are pages for IXC, I0C, CLC, XGG, FBX and TBX.

When DVC was first created, we had been using GRP to prototype with; GRP produces only 50 coins per block whereas DVC produces 50,000 per block, so players (of the Galactic Milieu naturally expected that GRP coins would each be worth 1000 DVC coins, being as how both were merged-mined alongside bitcoin so 50 coins of GRP ought to come into existence for every 50,000 coins of DVC. Yet for whatever reason, that never did quite seem to pan out. Hmm.

I will be working on a bunch of the so-called "Sci-Fi themed coins" also shortly such as SPICE (Melange), GPL (Gold Pressed Latinum, also known now as GPL Classic since the advent of GPL2) and so on (including the new GPL2).

In effect we are implementing, on the Stellar network, an exchange in which DeVCoin can be the coin you buy other coins with. Smiley

-MarkM-

neuro14

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 06:19:33 PM

Let me know - thanks.

There are shares of DeVCoin available for twelve people to help me with what Unthinkingbit refers to as my "exchange project", which is basically the implementation of trading on the HORIZON and Stellar networks.

Particularly useful would be people who would provide bail-in and bail-out services to users, that is, accepting coins on their native blockchain from a user and issuing them tokens for them on the HORIZON or Stellar network in return (bailing in) and accepting such tokens from users, sending them actual coins on the blockchain in return (balling out).

(Basically you would buy tokens using real on-blockchain coins and sell tokens for real on-blockchain coins.)

Also useful would be market-making, that is, keeping the order-books full of buy and sell offers.

I have been working on the Stellar platform today, since Stellar lets you trade any asset against any asset so I have been able to create GRP/DVC, I0C/DVC, IXC/DVC, CLC/DVC, XGG, FBX/DVC and TBX/DEV pairs so far. That means folks can now buy I0C, IXC, FBX and TBX using DVC on the Stellar platform.

On the HORIZON platform all pairs must invlve the HZ coin, the native coin of the platform, so there I cannot provide direct pairs of DVC versus things other thqan HZ itself.

Lists of assets are online at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/ although I am not convinced those pages areup to date, I expect that some of the assets I have put in place Ihave not yet gotten around to posting one of those pages for. So the lists at that site might not be complete.

I did check as I worked today though to make sure that under Stellar there are pages for IXC, I0C, CLC, XGG, FBX and TBX.

When DVC was first created, we had been using GRP to prototype with; GRP produces only 50 coins per block whereas DVC produces 50,000 per block, so players (of the Galactic Milieu naturally expected that GRP coins would each be worth 1000 DVC coins, being as how both were merged-mined alongside bitcoin so 50 coins of GRP ought to come into existence for every 50,000 coins of DVC. Yet for whatever reason, that never did quite seem to pan out. Hmm.

I will be working on a bunch of the so-called "Sci-Fi themed coins" also shortly such as SPICE (Melange), GPL (Gold Pressed Latinum, also known now as GPL Classic since the advent of GPL2) and so on (including the new GPL2).

In effect we are implementing, on the Stellar network, an exchange in which DeVCoin can be the coin you buy other coins with. Smiley

-MarkM-

I couldn't find the DVC trading pairs on stellar, can you share the link?
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 07:45:09 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 09:52:23 PM by markm

http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/

It looks like I really DO need help with this, because I have discovered a bug in my wallet/client, after the first few hundred offers it no longer shows me my offers in any trading pair except the first hundred or few hundred or whatever the limit is offers on the first trading pair or few trading pairs.

So I cannot tell where I am up to, I cannot cancel offers (as cancel is on the list of offers), basically it is horribly crippled.

This is the stellarchat client, also known as Foxlet. I tried another client and it did not seem to have trading at all!

And obviously I am not going to try to do this on some third party web-based wallet as they could trivially-easily snoop my secret keys.

So it absolutely has to be a wallet I can run on my own desktop machine.

I have posted an issue but it looks like they maybe have not touched their github for 8 months or so.

So I am just struggling by with a broken client, only able to see the top 15 buy or sell offers of each pair and I am not even certain yet whether once someone else also posts offers there will be any way to tell which of the offers are mine.

Horrible! There was an old chinese exchange that had a somewhat similar problem once upon a time, the one where BBQcoin was traded (and, I think maybe even is still traded) and as far as I know they never fixed the problem so I am not really all that confident these wallet developers will ever fix theirs either since I came across the problem in version 3.3 went to their github and got the latest release, version 4.4 yet the problem is STILL there! Insane!

-MarkM-

neuro14

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:33:29 PM

I just applied for DVC listing at Qtrade.

Definitely a longshot, but with "We list original dev coins." being their slogan - they might consider it.

Will provide updates if I hear anything back.
Samkary

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 07:24:19 AM

Hello everyone. Just looking for some help. I installed the new version of Devcoin 1.0.16 (ok, not so new but the only current one). I had a "wallet.dat" from the older 2014 version. How do I use this "wallet.dat" with this new app? Is that even possible?

After opening the app, it finished synchronizing with the network but shows nothing in history, all blank. Just wanted to know if I can see some of my old transactions.

Thanks!
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2019, 10:03:24 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2019, 10:16:30 AM by egghead123

Hello everyone. Just looking for some help. I installed the new version of Devcoin 1.0.16 (ok, not so new but the only current one). I had a "wallet.dat" from the older 2014 version. How do I use this "wallet.dat" with this new app? Is that even possible?

After opening the app, it finished synchronizing with the network but shows nothing in history, all blank. Just wanted to know if I can see some of my old transactions.

Thanks!

Try a wallet repair if the function exists with the client.

If you put a valid wallet.dat into the executables folder %appdata%>roaming>Devcoin there is no reason for it not to show your balance once it is on the correct and fully synced chain.Make sure your wallet.dat does not have any additional tags/names after the file name such as wallet.dat.devcoin or devcoin.wallet.dat

Name of wallet file can ONLY be wallet.dat

Not sure if devcoin allows importpriv key comand in the console but if you have your private key you could import it into your new wallet.To get private key for any address simply open the console and enter the dumpprivkey input.Just type:     dumpprivkey[your wallet address]      .

Another option is rescan/reindex or even zapwallettxes but ensure you back up your wallet.dat file before it because it will delete everything from your wallet, then rescan the blockchain from block 0 for every transaction that matches your wallet addresses.This is mainly used for tx's that haven't confirmed.

TheCrimsonFucker

Activity: 617
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 07:16:09 PM

Hi, where is the blockexplorer Huh
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 02:28:19 PM

Hi, where is the blockexplorer Huh

https://node1.devcoin.cloud/

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2019, 09:50:20 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2019, 06:01:54 AM by markm

Hmm it occurred to me that in all these years of advocating for supporting many currencies, including running a merged mining pool way back when and suggesting we reward people not just for running incoming-port DeVCoin nodes but also nodes of the other related / supporting coins, I have never specifically brought up the fundamental fact the "Galactic Big Seven" taught me that an important part of supporting a currency is having a bunch of "reserve currencies" in that currency's "warchest" or "treasury" with which to support the value/price of the currency.

Now that I have been actively encouraging the development of a "Civilisation" or "Corp" or "Guild" or "Clan" or whatever (generically "group", which yes does give us a handy conceptual link to GRouPcoin) whose currency DeVCoin will be assumed in the game (the Galactic Milieu to be, I realise that I should have made this argument, explicitly, long ago. I always tried to convey the idea that currencies kind of need other currencies to exist, but this makes it very clear and explicit.

The "DVC Holdings" account on the HORIZON platform (account NHZ-YC2W-ZDCP-NS4G-4CEGK) has now acquired some (100,000 so far) GeistGeld (XGG), another coin that was merged-mined alongside BiTCoin but has a six-second block-time so can have quite an impact upon other coins in the merge; some (100,000 so far) TeneBriX (TBX), the original Scrypt coin; and some (100,000 so far) FairBriX (FBX), the second Scrypt coin, called fair because unlike TeneBriX it had no "pre-mine".

(LiTeCoin was the third Scrypt coin.)

As I mentioned before, the idea here is to build up enough of a "warchest" or "treasury" that when we divide its total value by the number of DeVCoins that have been minted we arrive at a sensible, "fundamental" value per DeVCoin. We will see next time I update the Latest Rates include-file (monthend is coming, I will probably do that about then) how much of a value we would arrive at given not just the appreciation of a number of the assets in the warchest but these recent aquisitions and others I hope to see shortly.

The thing is, if we fail to support and encourage the "reserve currencies" we hold in our wharchest can we at all expect them to retain value and thus to help retain the value of our own coin that these reserves are intended to help us support?

I had always wanted to keep all these other coins going in order to have something with which to help support DeVCoin, this just makes it much more explicit and hopefully clarifies why it is good to support a whole bunch of coins.

-MarkM-

EDIT: OK, I ran the month-end. Now the total value of the "DVC" entity we are hoping could someday serve as the "warchest" or "treasury" we could compute a value-per-DeVCoin from is showing as 12270309819.76907163 DeVCoins (using the value per DeVCoin from the Latest Rates include-file).

That means if the total number of DeVCoins in existence right now happened to be 12270309819.76907163, calculating the value per coin from the total of the warchest would arrive at the same value we are currently using for the Latest Rates file.

I do not actually know where one finds the total number of DeVCoins that have been minted as of any particular moment, coins in those days did not conveniently display the total coins so far in their "getinfo" output. But since DeVCoin creates the same number of coins every block (in theory), I suppose we should be able to just multiply the current block-number by 50,000.

I seem to recall we were somewhere up near 20 billion minted by now, not sure exactly and been awake way too long get to try to sleep now.

P.S. Almost forgot that XGG is not yet being included when adding up reserves, so actually the value of the XGG that DVC Holdings holds should also be added to that total value.

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: