Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:33:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:31:54 AM

There are a few articles for people to read through, I figured the time frame gives everyone a good chance to read them all. I am thinking this would make a good quarterly award so the next one may have an even longer submission and voting periods...just a heads up Wink

Ohh, adding more of them would be awesome. I found that one to be a fun one to write (and it sparked a lot of thought as well, helping with self-reflection).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:52:06 PM

Nice site launch - your website is going to get a lot of attention with that 5.4 TH megaminer starting at 1 cent! Wow!

The webpage looks great too.

Are there any bid packages less than $100 though?
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:50:51 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 11:22:46 PM by sidhujag

Nice site launch - your website is going to get a lot of attention with that 5.4 TH megaminer starting at 1 cent! Wow!

Updated packages:
http://devcoinauctions.com/my-account/payments/

Description of the packages on the landing page:
http://devcoinauctions.com/welcome-landing/
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:31:31 PM

Updated packages:

On that note, I'll have the SEO finished tonight for you. Smiley. I got most done already.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
melodiem

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:01:00 AM

Updated packages:

[/quote]

Great Idea! $25 is a perfect place to start. Good on you.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:36:04 AM

Updated packages:

Great Idea! $25 is a perfect place to start. Good on you.
[/quote]

Thanks I saw that you used paypal.. great it worked your account got auto updated.. I couldnt test paypal because it didnt let me send to myself. Good news.
melodiem

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:37:35 AM

That part went ok (kind of) paypal doesnt bring you back, so finding the auction again is a bit of drama, then when I do come back, the package I bought doesn't show anywhere in my account?

Only when I go to an auction, then they are in the right hand side in the bid assistant.

Also, are you getting a lot of traffic? Its timing out a bit, had to try again a couple times to get in.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:46:49 AM

That part went ok (kind of) paypal doesnt bring you back, so finding the auction again is a bit of drama, then when I do come back, the package I bought doesn't show anywhere in my account?

Only when I go to an auction, then they are in the right hand side in the bid assistant.

Also, are you getting a lot of traffic? Its timing out a bit, had to try again a couple times to get in.

Yea I saw that it times out too.. were you bidding at the time? Might be pinged or something.. If you were bidding i may have to do a cron job to update the bids instead of updating when you click. Its ok now but it was timing out...

Did you get an email saying you purchased a bid package?

In our account bids section it should update your bids based on what you bought... I probably should display the package you bought too? I assumed the email was enough and to just update your bids and show how many bids you have in your account.

see http://devcoinauctions.com/my-account/payments/ page for your bids.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:50:28 AM

Yea I saw that it times out too.. were you bidding at the time? Might be pinged or something.. If you were bidding i may have to do a cron job to update the bids instead of updating when you click. Its ok now but it was timing out...

In our account bids section it should update your bids based on what you bought... I probably should display the package you bought too? I assumed the email was enough and to just update your bids and show how many bids you have in your account.

The lag is something I've noticed as well. Even just trying to do the SEO parts, the site will often "freeze" and keep trying to connect to the server again to make the updates. There are periods where it will be unable to contact the server for 5-10m.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:07:48 AM

The lag is something I've noticed as well. Even just trying to do the SEO parts, the site will often "freeze" and keep trying to connect to the server again to make the updates. There are periods where it will be unable to contact the server for 5-10m.

Interesting... its using  a CDN so it shouldn't... anyways Ive upgraded to a VPS server and its faster now. Still initial DNS lookup seems a few hundred MS slow but pages load in 2 seconds now. Try it out guys... see if you have lag issues again.
melodiem

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:40:21 PM

No I wasnt bidding, I couldnt get your site at all, it was timing out at the domain not the page...site wouldnt load. I tried from the domain (devcoinauctions.com) then from the link in your post. Neither would load so I just kept refreshing.

Yes

I think it should show somewhere on there that I purchased x credits and what I purchased them with. The number of credits doesnt seem to differentiate between which credits are from which currency. How do I tell it to only use the devcoin ones when I bid on a devcoin auction? Will it use the cash credits first or will it automatically choose the devcoin ones?

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:16:43 PM

No I wasnt bidding, I couldnt get your site at all, it was timing out at the domain not the page...site wouldnt load. I tried from the domain (devcoinauctions.com) then from the link in your post. Neither would load so I just kept refreshing.

Yes

I think it should show somewhere on there that I purchased x credits and what I purchased them with. The number of credits doesnt seem to differentiate between which credits are from which currency. How do I tell it to only use the devcoin ones when I bid on a devcoin auction? Will it use the cash credits first or will it automatically choose the devcoin ones?

Aahh I see well it uses the lowest value bids first.. if you have dvc bids it will use those if applicable to the auction then ltc then btc.. usd ends up being a btc bid.

The number of bids on bid assistant shows all bids you have for that auction... so if you have only dvc bids it will show 0 on an auction requiring litecoin / bitcoin.

I will add package information to the email, Do you think i should add a history of purchased packages on the user menu? I will need to make a database table for this.

The buy bids page shows you how many of each type of bids you currently have. I didnt want to clutter up the auction page too much so I did work to figure out how many bids you have for the auction you are viewing and just add them all up so that the bid assitant works easier.. More options are not alwayd better for something thatd meant to be easy. But do you think I should show the different types of bids you have on the auction page and maybe bold the one that is currently applying?

Btw I switched from shared to vps hosting.. is it working better? On speed tests its showing more reliable load times of 2 seconds for non logged in pages from start to end.

Non logged in users will load from super cache where the html file is preloaded from cache and it is lightening quick. I cant preload for logged in users because the site becomes more dynamic then..
melodiem

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:39:58 PM

I will add package information to the email, Do you think i should add a history of purchased packages on the user menu? I will need to make a database table for this.

Yes I think thats a great idea.

But do you think I should show the different types of bids you have on the auction page and maybe bold the one that is currently applying?

That sounds like a tidy way to show it clearly.

Btw I switched from shared to vps hosting.. is it working better? On speed tests its showing more reliable load times of 2 seconds for non logged in pages from start to end.

Non logged in users will load from super cache where the html file is preloaded from cache and it is lightening quick. I cant preload for logged in users because the site becomes more dynamic then..

Yes it's loading much quicker.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:22:23 PM

Yes I think thats a great idea.

But do you think I should show the different types of bids you have on the auction page and maybe bold the one that is currently applying?

That sounds like a tidy way to show it clearly.

Yes it's loading much quicker.

I added package info to emails for future bid package purchases (which type of bid you bought).

I also added the bid balance information in the my account homepage... and then added a transactions page to show your last transactions.

http://devcoinauctions.com/my-account/transactions/

This will show any changes to your account, be it me manually adjusting your bids, any refunds from auctions that didn't meet reserve, or any bid packages you purchased with info on what type of BID the transaction involved in the Description column.

The old descriptions aren't good... but going forward any new transactions have correct descriptions.
melodiem

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:30:54 AM

Awesome! I can see what I got and where it came from. Nice.

I still have a coupler questions, maybe they will help someone else too? Sorry, I am trying to get my head around the way it works and I have read the info but I am still a bit vague:

1- I buy credits...I use those credits to bid on an auctions...I win the auction...I pay for the item...do I get the bids I bought back?

And these are just questions I have that might not matter yet because they are additional functions, I just am curious:

2- Can users cash out their credits/claim refund?
3- Can users transfer their credits to another user?

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:31:24 AM

I still have a coupler questions, maybe they will help someone else too? Sorry, I am trying to get my head around the way it works and I have read the info but I am still a bit vague:

1- I buy credits...I use those credits to bid on an auctions...I win the auction...I pay for the item...do I get the bids I bought back?

And these are just questions I have that might not matter yet because they are additional functions, I just am curious:

These will help when I create a faq.

There is currently no market for bids except using on auctions. You only get bids back if the reserve wasnt met and an auction ended.

Later with a buy it now feature I may offer to give back bids if they simply want to buy the item at retail price(if you think you wont win the auction and your cost is high)

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:27:23 AM

There is currently no market for bids except using on auctions. You only get bids back if the reserve wasnt met and an auction ended.

Later with a buy it now feature I may offer to give back bids if they simply want to buy the item at retail price(if you think you wont win the auction and your cost is high)

I'm going to vote that #3 (with transferring credits to others) would be a great idea. This may help increase the number of people buying large packages, since they can then split them up and recoup some of their costs.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:00:39 AM

http://devcoinauctions.com/faqs/can-users-cash-creditsclaim-refund/

I decided to add the buy now feature and offset the cost of the buy now by the amount of bids the user has put in the auction at $0.75 per bid.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:01:59 AM

I'm going to vote that #3 (with transferring credits to others) would be a great idea. This may help increase the number of people buying large packages, since they can then split them up and recoup some of their costs.

Why would people transfer credits to recoup costs? This means they would resell their credits? Interesting thought...if they buy large packages essentially they can become bid wholesalers.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:07:53 PM

I was thinking some more about this. I thought about an idea to have this work. You would have a wholesaler section under my account and it would allow you to use your bids to create a deposit slip or voucher. When these people sign up under your referral link not only do you get an affiliate % of any bid packages they buy but they would be able to have an alternate form of purchasing bids, through your voucher... Since the referral knew who the owner was, the wholesaler would simply say I would like to offer my bids to people for a certain price per bid ($ / bid).. the end user would be able simply purchase bids from you by selecting the voucher payment method, and just input how many bids they want to buy (capped by how many you are offering) and the site would act as an escrow... transferring (btc/ltc/dvc/ any alt coin payments works with) depending on the type of payments you accept for your bids from the user to you.

Essentially if you would like to transfer for free you can create a free voucher of x number of bids and then any user who you refer can buy those bids for free essentially doing a transfer of credits.

The cool thing is you wouldn't even have to buy bids to become a wholesaler, you can simply become a wholesaler for free but the voucher would only be good for $1/bid or something like that, and you would get a cut out of it depending on how many bids they buy. This lets you become a wholesaler for free making a small cut on the bids the end user buys.

Ofcourse if you buy a big package and are able to find buyers which will pay something like $1/bid then your profit % goes through the roof, but the drawback is you would have to buy the bids upfront to do this... if you were going to bid anyway this would be the ideal situation. Buy a large bid package, and bid for your favorite auction, while trying to find buyers for your bids on the side.. if they come you  make money while bidding.. if they don't you can still keep bidding to try to win auctions....
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: