Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:26:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71398 times)
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:50:05 PM

Has anyone figured out a good way to single out a problematic miner in an array of miners?  I rather not have to run them all individually to find the problem child.

how is one a problem? you can usually tell if one jammed up by looking at the red light..

I got a couple miners that will slow down to 2 MH, so the red light will still blink. 

I think this is not the stick issue (rather pool issue). Which pool you are using?
I face the same problem when tried to rent them on miningrentals. When were not rented (and mined on my specific pool - litecoinpool.org) everything was fine ... but once someone rent them the hashrate started slowly dropping to less than 1MHs ... I had to restart them few times. 

I'm mining on litecoinpool.org.  The sticks will mine just fine for a few hours then they'll slow down to 2MH or so.

Well, then I was wrong Sad
I'm now 18 hours without stop on litecoinpool.org (would be more but there was electricity outage).

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soifigured

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:57:53 PM

Has anyone figured out a good way to single out a problematic miner in an array of miners?  I rather not have to run them all individually to find the problem child.

how is one a problem? you can usually tell if one jammed up by looking at the red light..

I got a couple miners that will slow down to 2 MH, so the red light will still blink. 

I think this is not the stick issue (rather pool issue). Which pool you are using?
I face the same problem when tried to rent them on miningrentals. When were not rented (and mined on my specific pool - litecoinpool.org) everything was fine ... but once someone rent them the hashrate started slowly dropping to less than 1MHs ... I had to restart them few times. 

I'm mining on litecoinpool.org.  The sticks will mine just fine for a few hours then they'll slow down to 2MH or so.

I use litecoinpool.org and it seems ok with me - Been running for nearly a week with no issues (getting a constant 4.44Mh/s) and this is my setup:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2455609.msg25653813#msg25653813

What setup do you have? hub / os / etc ?

I'm currently running 24 of them on two sipolar A-223's on a windows 10 machine.  I chose that particular hub because it had an integrated 200w power supply, seems to be pretty good.  Eventually I want to move these over to a rpi and use Minera, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
soifigured

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:06:44 PM

Has anyone figured out a good way to single out a problematic miner in an array of miners?  I rather not have to run them all individually to find the problem child.

I'm mining on litecoinpool.org.  The sticks will mine just fine for a few hours then they'll slow down to 2MH or so.

Well, then I was wrong Sad
I'm now 18 hours without stop on litecoinpool.org (would be more but there was electricity outage).

Doh!  Sometimes I'll have a good run and they'll go for like 2 days or so before slowing down, but more often than not it's just a couple hours.    Cry
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:23:46 PM

I'm having trouble trying to solo mine a small coin, nyancoin, directly from the wallet. It seems to start up ok, but immediately after a new block is found in the network, one or two minutes, then the miner is declared sick by bfgminer and presumably stops working (I let it run for a day or so in which time should have found a bunch of blocks)

Any ideas for a fix?

I dont believe bfgminer has support for scrypt solo-mining. (unless your mining off a solo pool directly).

I was able to solo mine scrypt (a coin called linx) using the Windows version of your build. Just used http://<ip>:rpcport and the rpcuser and pass I setup in the coin's conf file.

Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o http://localhost:4321  -u <redacted> -p <redacted>  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=756

Right, that's basically what I'm doing, but the miner almost immediately gets SICK, and I never find any blocks. Maybe I'll see about setting up stratum pool or something, because the miners don't seem to work very well with prohashing either.
catcorp

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:23:28 PM

I use litecoinpool.org and it seems ok with me - Been running for nearly a week with no issues (getting a constant 4.44Mh/s) and this is my setup:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2455609.msg25653813#msg25653813

What setup do you have? hub / os / etc ?

same here, litecoinpool.org seems to work with no problems; hash to coins doesnt really work well.
When my other two will arrive it's time to setup the Pi system Smiley
buzzkillb

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:56:59 PM

1 arrived with a bent fan casing, clipped the piece off and its loud, but oh well. Found a similar sunon fan to replace the GSD fan with. Trying different overclock settings in the .bat file. For now --set MLD:clock=750 on a 2amp each port hub I found on amazon. 3.5Mh/s so far, probably time to adjust the hardware next.  Cool
lennyNO

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:51:35 AM

Trying different overclock settings in the .bat file. For now --set MLD:clock=750 on a 2amp each port hub I found on amazon. 3.5Mh/s so far, probably time to adjust the hardware next. 

Note that the only reliable hashrate is from bfgminer, not from your pool. The hashrate really depends only on the clockfrequency, barring any dead cores. See first page of this thread. I use 795Mhz and get 4.5-4.7Mh/s steady. The only thing I know I need to tweak is to up the memory voltage, also per page 1. They are a bit too unstable, they stop hashing about once a day.

Core voltage is used to tweak power consumption, Mem voltage to keep it stable. It won't go slower or faster.

I got my units straight from jstephanop, nicely anti-static bubble wrapped, pristine condition I would say. I ordered a new pack from him (via ebay), mostly to support this great work. 
JustAnotherPLT

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:28:52 AM

Hello,

My miner doesn't run for more than 5 minutes until it gets hung up and blinks the yellow light occasionally (stock settings). I'm running BFGminer 5.4-FutureBit2 for Mac on OSX 10.13.2 Beta. I see it happen whenever there's a difficulty change but not sure if its coincidence. I've tried changing from Mining-Dutch to Prohashing and still having problems with the miner working. I guess I get confused as it works fine initially then gets hung up. I also thought maybe a cooling issue but again, playing with the settings didn't change the problem.

As for a different topic, I'm noticing every time I start BFGminer its pulling up URLs that I've used in the past. How do I clean out BFGminer to stop bringing up previous work. I want a clean slate at each boot up with only 1 URL that is defaults to. I've edited the start-moonlander-2 to read this:

#!/bin/sh
cd -- "$(dirname "$0")"
cd bin
./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3322 -u JustAnotherPLT.2 -p d=128 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600

Its still loading with multiple URLs.
RdStrcklnd

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:08:09 AM

how to log out & leave the pi mining.
Anyone have a good method for this?

Install screen.
Then once you log in run screen which will just give you a new shell.
Anything you have running in screen will remain running if you get disconnected.
When you have to reconnect just run screen -r and you'll be right back in your previous session.

Or just use vnc - it's installed by default on with Raspian, you just have to enable it. You can even control your Pi remotely with it.
RdStrcklnd

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:11:00 AM

1 arrived with a bent fan casing, clipped the piece off and its loud, but oh well. Found a similar sunon fan to replace the GSD fan with. Trying different overclock settings in the .bat file. For now --set MLD:clock=750 on a 2amp each port hub I found on amazon. 3.5Mh/s so far, probably time to adjust the hardware next.  Cool

I don't think 750 is an option...

"Please note that this version of the miner has a fixed list of frequencies available to use below.
List of available frequencies: 384, 450, 480, 540, 576, 600, 612, 625, 636, 648, 660, 672, 684, 700, 720, 744, 756, 768, 796, 832, 852, 876, 900, 924, 954"
aballen

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:01:05 AM

Hey guys, I got my moonlander running pretty nicely 832 clock speed, voltages tweaked, and error rate under 1%.

Question about the hashrate.  bfgminer reports ~4.8mh/s, but litecoinpool shows ~4.8kh.  thats a big difference, which one is correct?  Seems like someone misplaced a decimal.

Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:08:20 AM

Hey guys, I got my moonlander running pretty nicely 832 clock speed, voltages tweaked, and error rate under 1%.

Question about the hashrate.  bfgminer reports ~4.8mh/s, but litecoinpool shows ~4.8kh.  thats a big difference, which one is correct?  Seems like someone misplaced a decimal.

Both are same. I bet litecoinpool shows you 4,800 kH/s (note it's not a dot but comma). Check the chart page, there is hashrate in MH/s

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:27:06 AM

Hello,

My miner doesn't run for more than 5 minutes until it gets hung up and blinks the yellow light occasionally (stock settings). I'm running BFGminer 5.4-FutureBit2 for Mac on OSX 10.13.2 Beta. I see it happen whenever there's a difficulty change but not sure if its coincidence. I've tried changing from Mining-Dutch to Prohashing and still having problems with the miner working. I guess I get confused as it works fine initially then gets hung up. I also thought maybe a cooling issue but again, playing with the settings didn't change the problem.

As for a different topic, I'm noticing every time I start BFGminer its pulling up URLs that I've used in the past. How do I clean out BFGminer to stop bringing up previous work. I want a clean slate at each boot up with only 1 URL that is defaults to. I've edited the start-moonlander-2 to read this:

#!/bin/sh
cd -- "$(dirname "$0")"
cd bin
./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3322 -u JustAnotherPLT.2 -p d=128 -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600

Sounds like your Mac's USB port is cutting power. Ive seen this on my Mac as well if the stick tries to pull more than 1-1.5 amps. Try lowering core voltage, stock voltage is too high if your only running 600 mhz.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
dem0nlord

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:48:58 AM

@jstefanop

Why are we unable to setup failover pools?

Seems to be working here.
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24991587_10156895340928712_1390897102797630248_n.jpg?oh=30b6d7732257f55fa1aff830c9020651&oe=5A8A73E4
JustAnotherPLT

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:36:34 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 04:22:47 PM by JustAnotherPLT

Hello,

#!/bin/sh
cd -- "$(dirname "$0")"
cd bin

Sounds like your Mac's USB port is cutting power. Ive seen this on my Mac as well if the stick tries to pull more than 1-1.5 amps. Try lowering core voltage, stock voltage is too high if your only running 600 mhz.

I've adjusted the core voltage multiple times but still nothing. Here's what I'm getting on the BFGminer. When it boots up, it flashes red for a few seconds and then stops. Green stays steady the whole time. After a while the yellow flashes occasionally. I've installed drivers according to the website, again this miner worked initially. I've deleted and reinstalled BFGminer, which it seems to keep all old URLs and settings for some reason, I cant get it to start clean. I've switched pools and restarted through BFGminer, no go either.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2h6epgj.png

UPDATE 1, I switched to another USB drive and now it's back to where it was in the beginning. I'm still having an issue where it stops working on a difficulty change, picture below. Not sure if BFGminer is the issue or the miner.

https://ibb.co/cuZzhw

UPDATE 2

I finally have it stable on LTC with Mining-Dutch. The moment I change to another coin (still scrypt) it has problems when it hits a difficulty change. Essentially stops, flashed yellow and despite my best efforts won't restart until BFGminer is completely restarted. Changing pools does not help.

Any suggestions?

Also, still looking for help on BFGminer starting with wrong URLs. I'm still using the info below:
#!/bin/sh
cd -- "$(dirname "$0")"
cd bin
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:56:52 PM

Anyone have a good solution on Windows to just kill bfgminer and restart from bat file every 30 or 60 minutes?
Buddytronic

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:28:00 PM

Some guy made a Crypto Christmas Tree using a whole bunch of Moonlander 2 USB miners

https://youtu.be/Et3jgHnTjZ8
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:21:46 PM

Running smooth on raspberry pi and two rosewill usb hubs (some oldies used with block erupters Grin )

derbien

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:17:20 PM

Arent you guys worried about heat? Even at 600 the cooling thing at the bottom gets pretty hot no?
thestockfadi

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:44:37 PM

Is someone here willing to help out this new set up his new moonlander stick?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: