Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:35:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:23:51 PM

Guys, please don't use this thread as a personal IM chatbox. There are over 200 HF customers, many of these following this thread.

Please only post when you have something valuable and on-topic to share. I, and others have this thread on 'notify'.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:30:28 PM

Hey,

It may have been a miscommunication; this is what they said:
If you paid in USD or other fiat currency, HashFast will base the calculations on the BTC to USD (or other currency) exchange rate we gave our customers the day of your purchase.

I'll double check, it may indeed be the case that everything is in BTC regardless of the way in which you paid for it.

That sounds correct.  Rather, that better be correct, or else I'm going out to the garage and grab my pitchfork to join Cedivad!

Although it was a bad call in retrospect, I considered buying BTC instead of making a Batch 1 order, back at then end of August.  I would have made quite a bit of money by now.

It was specifically that element of the MPP - that they base calculations on BTC - that led me to commit my USD to Hashfast, that made investing in the hardware seemingly attractive compared to just buying coin.  The MPP would, in effect, account for a rise in BTC value by counting my investment in BTC from the day of purchase.

Anyway, that's a biggie for me.  But I think we just had a miscommunication here, my understanding from the beginning is the MPP is BTC based.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 04:38:48 PM

CIARA is working exclusively with HashFast.  The competition will have to find another industry-leading goliath with logistic experience second to none.

I don't believe that.  How is it that you got Ciara to tie their own hands and agree not to do business with any other manufacturer of crypto hardware (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "competition")?  I call bullshit.  If your agreement really were exclusive, there would be a statement by Ciara to that effect.  I can find no such statement, and of course there was no official joint press-release.

That ridiculous "box of fans" you posted, should've gotten you guys shot by now.  It's an insult to everyones' intelligence.  With that, and as with so many other things, you people talk a good game, but you still lack proof.  So toss it up.  Prove to us that this agreement which you claim is exclusive, is indeed so.  Lest you look like more of the idiot that I've previously called you out to be.

You have no intelligence to insult.

You are so full of shit I'm surprised nobody has buried you by now.

Nobody cares what you do or don't believe, because you are too stupid to do a simple fact check before accusing others of lying.

Was typing 'CIARA HASHFAST EXCLUSIVE' into Google too difficult, IE an insurmountable challenge for your retarded abilities?

Next time RTFT and get a clue before pulling the Internet Tough Guy act, so you don't get your ignorant whining face torn off again.   Kiss

Big News! HashFast Signs Exclusive Deal with CIARA Technologies

Posted on October 11, 2013

https://hashfast.com/big-news-hashfast-signs-exclusive-deal-with-ciara-technologies/

This is a huge deal. We’ve just signed an exclusive agreement with Montreal’s acclaimed CIARA Technologies to build the mining rigs that will house our GN chip once it’s been fabricated by the TSMC foundry. CIARA has been an industry leader in the design and manufacture of high-end supercomputers for over 25 years, and getting them to build the Baby Jet, the Sierra and future machines means that we’ve got one of the most respected box builders in the business. Of particular note to our miners, CIARA is a world-record breaker for single and double overclocked processors — in fact, they’ve got an entire department dedicated to overclocked CPUs. If there was one company capable of building the machines that can handle the power of HashFast’s 28nm chip, it’s CIARA. And now that we’ve signed the deal, they’ll exclusively produce mining rigs for HashFast.

But this isn’t just about power. We’ll be shipping our Baby Jets directly from CIARA’s massive 576,000 sq. ft. headquarters in Montreal. There are few manufacturers in the world that have the incredible capacity to build and ship mining rigs with the speed CIARA does. What’s more, CIARA is a C-TPAT registered company, which means no delays at US or Canadian customs.

We know how valuable time is for miners, and that you’re all counting down to shipment. So are we. The CIARA deal not only means we’ve got the best partner in the business, it means you’ll be getting your Baby Jets and Sierras — and whatever comes next — as soon as possible.

Cheesy  It's funny because you thought you were being a mighty White Knight of Pure Truth & Justice, calling out the villainous lies of evil-doers, but made a complete fool of yourself instead.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
btc_uzr

Activity: 476

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:39:54 PM

(...)
Although it was a bad call in retrospect, I considered buying BTC instead of making a Batch 1 order, back at then end of August.  I would have made quite a bit of money by now.
(...)

buying btc was always more profitable afaik
who stopped you from buying new BTC at the time you used yours for the pre-order ?

regarding the MPP, what I do not understand:
why one has to convert his fiat into btc first in order to be able to take advantage of the MPP ?
was it mentioned in any way before ?

it sounds to me like 'yay, we found a possibility get around the promised MPP for everyone'

----
@cedivad
do yourself a favor and take 1-2 days off from btc and your pre-order - honest recommendation

a walk through woods or else might get you back into the right state of mind, currently you do neither yourself any good nor others in here
you're right with certain aspects, but the way you express things or try to influence is not successful, but the opposite I believe.

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:44:58 PM

Do any of you trade in stocks?   It is completely different if you bought BTC instead in August since you probably would of sold them in Sept on a small increase, then sat on the sidelines saying ...'I should not of sold my bitcoins so early, I would have made quite a bit of money by now'

It's a lot easier when someone else holds your money hostage and then comment on what you 'would have done' which of course would be to perfectly play the market

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
perezoso

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:54:59 PM

(...)
(...)

who stopped you from buying new BTC at the time you used yours for the pre-order ?

why one has to convert his fiat into btc first in order to be able to take advantage of the MPP ?

I think the issue is that Taco didn't quite correctly restate what HF said. Not a big deal since the actual quote from HF is okay, as is the description of the MPP on HF's website.

On your point btc_usr, I didn't have BTC to pay for my order,  so I did not pay in BTC.  Even if I had the BTC, I doubt I would have used them to pay. I had USD and I paid in USD by bank wire.  No conversion took place.

Except that for the purposes of the MPP, my USD are counted as BTC at the MtGox exchange rate offered by HF to customers paying in BTC on that day. In other words, the same as everybody else paying that day.

So, in effect, buying the HF hardware let me make an investment of USD linked to the value of BTC without the rigamarole and fees associated with first buying BTC then transferring them to HF.  (And I know some won't like me saying this, but I like the potential protections (especially to a US customer) of paying in USD versus BTC.)

But, like everybody who paid in BTC, I'm screwed if the MPP fails.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:56:13 PM

It's a lot easier when someone else holds your money hostage and then comment on what you 'would have done' which of course would be to perfectly play the market

Haha, that is true! I actually experienced that IRL: I had ~2000 BTC in Bitcoinica back in early 2012. My plan was to sell the moment the price would hit 30$ (BTC on par with 1oz of silver). However Bitcoinica got hacked, the company became insolvent, and has been in liquidation ever since holding the remainder of the customer deposits hostage. Even if I get back only 25% of my deposits I will have done better than my original plan. Things that make you go...whaaa!?
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:56:38 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 05:25:46 PM by tacotime

Do any of you trade in stocks?   It is completely different if you bought BTC instead in August since you probably would of sold them in Sept on a small increase, then sat on the sidelines saying ...'I should not of sold my bitcoins so early, I would have made quite a bit of money by now'

More or less this...  If you bought Bitcoin at peak at $30 in 2011 and then watched it crawl to $2 and sold in a panic, you would have made a -93% ROI.  The reason I invested in mining hardware since 2010 was because no matter what direction the Bitcoin (or Litecoin) market went, I still always made money.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:57:45 PM

(...)
(...)

I think the issue is that Taco didn't quite correctly restate what HF said. Not a big deal since the actual quote from HF is okay, as is the description of the MPP on HF's website.

On your point btc_usr, I didn't have BTC to pay for my order,  so I did not pay in BTC.  Even if I had the BTC, I doubt I would have used them to pay. I had USD and I paid in USD by bank wire.  No conversion took place.

Except that for the purposes of the MPP, my USD are counted as BTC at the MtGox exchange rate offered by HF to customers paying in BTC on that day. In other words, the same as everybody else paying that day.

So, in effect, buying the HF hardware let me make an investment of USD linked to the value of BTC without the rigamarole and fees associated with first buying BTC then transferring them to HF.  (And I know some won't like me saying this, but I like the potential protections (especially to a US customer) of paying in USD versus BTC.)

But, like everybody who paid in BTC, I'm screwed if the MPP fails.

I'm pretty sure this is the case now, yeah, I'm just waiting back to hear from them officially.  Sorry, it was my misinterpretation.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 05:14:26 PM

Although it was a bad call in retrospect, I considered buying BTC instead of making a Batch 1 order, back at then end of August.  I would have made quite a bit of money by now.

Do any of you trade in stocks?   It is completely different if you bought BTC instead in August since you probably would of sold them in Sept on a small increase, then sat on the sidelines saying ...'I should not of sold my bitcoins so early, I would have made quite a bit of money by now'

Some one needs to sticky this quote so everyone can link back to it each time someone whines about "what I would have done."

To those that keep whining about it, everyone knows that what you "would have done" is exactly what you did, but you keep whining about how you would have done things differently if only you had known.

Guess what? We would all be multi-billionaires if we had the perfect insight you think you had. The fact that you are whining about what you would have done vs being rich proves it to be untrue. If only I had known bitcoin would be $200!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 05:27:33 PM

Ninja, this is a hashfast thread?  Where do I go to practice sophistry and argumentum ad hominem?

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
btc_uzr

Activity: 476

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:48:52 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 11:45:07 PM by btc_uzr

+1
edit: previously there was something I agreed on, which had been deleted meanwhile (as well as a quote of it)

(...)
Guess what? (...) if we had the perfect insight (...)

nobody would have been BFL'd, right ?

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:23:00 PM

This! 

And why doesn't HF just give cedivad a refund so he'll STFU?!
perezoso

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:40:25 PM

Funny.  All the commentators on my observation about the BTC/USD rate vis-a-vis the MPP make assumptions about my intent that they're not in a position to make.  Truth is that my intent is to take a long term stake in BTC, and I haven't expressed any desire to refund my Batch 1 purchase either.  So chew on that.... but this is all OT anyway.  

Inaba, I'm sure your customers appreciate the undivided attention you have dedicated to your order backlog.... while hanging out in the Hashfast thread.... why don't you go decal some coffee mugs or something?

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:41:13 PM

Probably something to do with money Undecided
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:47:12 PM

STFU?!
Well, i STFU. You know my points anyway. I will keep this thread alone for a few days or so. When i will have something to say i will... Like today we will see the driver posted on github and that's great, but i was wondering how much it makes sense to have an NDA protecting the terms of an NDA. Because you know, i would love to see a proof that there was a delay and that they always knew, until when they told us the opposite, that they where gonna ship at the end of october. Do you think we can read the NDA protecting the terms of the NDA or there is an NDA for that too? lol.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:49:29 PM

Although it was a bad call in retrospect, I considered buying BTC instead of making a Batch 1 order, back at then end of August.  I would have made quite a bit of money by now.

This! 

Probably because if they do ship earlier than Dec he will sue for having his hardware "stolen".
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:50:55 PM

Probably because if they do ship earlier than Dec he will sue for having his hardware "stolen".
I had some good level of respect for your user, d&t. Not anymore.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:56:45 PM

Some one needs to sticky this quote so everyone can link back to it each time someone whines about "what I would have done."

To those that keep whining about it, everyone knows that what you "would have done" is exactly what you did, but you keep whining about how you would have done things differently if only you had known.

Guess what? We would all be multi-billionaires if we had the perfect insight you think you had. The fact that you are whining about what you would have done vs being rich proves it to be untrue. If only I had known bitcoin would be $200!

perezoso

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:06:03 PM

Context, fellas, context.  Some of you seem to have a hard time appreciating it.  

Or perhaps you so regret your own missteps that it's palliative for you to have some fun with (your out of context interpretation) of others thoughts.  

Though I'm happy to provide a public service by helping you come to terms with your own regrets over missed opportunities and hair trigger sells, why don't we move back on topic?
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: