Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:38:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 09:55:33 PM

icybreaker surely is a good teacher in terms of trolling. just look at his bright ignore button and you know whats the situation. Wink

TIL warning ActiveScamming invesdurrs/customurrs that ActiveScamming is a scam = trolling.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Erin HashFast

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 10:01:30 PM

So, I had a chance to visit the HF office in SF today where I met Amy, John and a couple of other folks including an ASIC engineer.

HF recently moved from their San Jose office (with Uniquify) to SF. Currently they are working at a co-working space called NextSpace near Potrero Hill. But this is only temporary as they will be moving to a dedicated HF office near Market St. & Bush St. I asked about the size of the company and If I understand correctly there are now ~14 HF employees covering everything from ASIC design (Mainly done in Australia) to Marketing, Sales and Support.

After a quick tour of the area we moved to the conference room where I chatted with John, and were later joined by the ASIC engineer (not Simon), Amy and another friendly lady whose name I forgot (sorry). Cara had warned me ahead of time that I would have to sign an NDA before even getting into the office, but luckily that was not necessary.

I had collected a number of questions the days before, mainly around how to deal with MPP. HF is acutely aware of the issues a delay is causing and they were certainly interested in exploring what can be done with MPP to help customers succeed as that is the original intent of the program in the first place. I suggested approaches such as starting the timer on Nov 1st and/or accelerating the release of new MPP modules to compensate for delays. etc. They have to operate under an number of constraints so there is no clear solution they could share with me at this point but I'm confident they will work something out.

Another topic was the possibility of refunds and John was pretty specific that if refunds do happen they will be full refunds in the currency the order was paid in (BTC in BTC, USD in USD). Please note that I have not requested a refund and have no plans to do so at this point.

John was also asking if miners might be interested in cloud hosting provided by HF (at industrial energy rates). As a residential miner that will probably end up with at least 5 modules after MPP and pushing the limits of my fuses at home I would probably make use of this if the terms are good. I don't think they have a concrete plan yet but if there is enough interest this is something they will likely pursue in the future.

Another thing we discussed is hardware, however since they are in a temporary co-working space at the moment with most of the engineering & manufacturing done off site (Australia for ASIC design, TSMC for the semiconductors, Ciara for the cases, etc.) they did not have physical hardware on site. John mentioned they are not allowed to take pictures in the factory, but it should be possible to get some pictures of the PCB. So I expect they will have something to show soon. Amy also had some older video of running FPGA simulations (from June) that she could probably share here if there is interest. (it was just a 7s video of a running FPGA board, so not very representative of the current stage of development imho)

As to the duration of the delays, I was unable to get concrete shipping dates. However, Amy did mention they did make significant progress on the substrate issue in the last 48 hours. But I don't have specifics.

Overall this visit exceeded my expectations. I was planning to stop by for only 20 minutes or so and chat with Cara, but I ended up talking with the entire crew for about an hour. My impression is that HF has a capable & professional team, and they do listen to their customers. Amy is also a frequent visitor at the Sillicon Valley Bitcoin Meetup every Tuesday at the plug and play tech center in Sunnyvale so that is another good opportunity to chat with HF if you live in the area.

Note: As I mentioned earlier, I did not sign an NDA but I also want to avoid spreading misinformation due to possible misinterpretation on my side. So HF if you are reading this and find anything to be incorrect, please let me know I'd be happy to fix it.

Thanks for coming in!
-Erin
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:10:15 PM

Taiwan Semiconductor is the world's largest dedicated independent semiconductor foundry.
They are only 1 step behind Intel.
But Intel is going to start producing chips for other companies.
http://gigaom.com/2013/10/30/fabulous-intel-is-making-arm-chips-on-its-production-line/
TSMC is feeling the heat, thats why they are in a hurry to build new plants to stay competitive.

bitcoinarnold

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:03:09 PM

Not a single person in this thread will ROI. Better start praying that Bitcoin explodes.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:12:29 PM

Not a single person in this thread will ROI. Better start praying that Bitcoin explodes.

Bitcoin exploding does not make a Bitcoin mining ASIC paid for in Bitcoin mine more Bitcoin. On the contrary.

When it comes to getting the USD back, sure. Even if the machine only mines 10 BTC in it's lifetime it is likely a matter of time. Just hold and you will most likely at some point see ROI in USD. But that is beside the point if the initial investment was in BTC.

If you sell a box for 50 BTC that produces 20 BTC over its lifetime (while eating energy and making noise), it does not sound like a product you can build your business around. Yet that is exactly what we have pre-ordered now that delays are a reality.
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:59:33 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 12:10:05 AM by perezoso

When it comes to getting the USD back, sure. Even if the machine only mines 10 BTC in it's lifetime it is likely a matter of time. Just hold and you will most likely at some point see ROI in USD. But that is beside the point if the initial investment was in BTC.

If you sell a box for 50 BTC that produces 20 BTC over its lifetime (while eating energy and making noise), it does not sound like a product you can build your business around. Yet that is exactly what we have pre-ordered now that delays are a reality.

All true, but also worth noting that the MPP was expressly calculated in BTC from day 1, without regard to form of payment. You could pay in BTC or by bank wire in USD.  Either way, the MPP was the exact same ROI pledge. In the case of USD payments, it was BTC per the BTC/USD MtGox exchange rate on the day of purchase,*** in other words, the exact same. This was an important consideration for USD customers and is a core feature of the Program.  Two forms of payment, but only 1 MPP.

*** They later switched to another exchange's rate, I forget which one.
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:42:35 AM

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:00:28 AM

Hashfast can we get board dimensions and/or diagram/layout?
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:14:45 AM

Hashfast can we get board dimensions and/or diagram/layout?

I'll send another email

Sorry I've been deadly sick with something

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
SellingMyGPUs

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:26:00 AM

Sorry I've been deadly sick with something

Cut down on those shady tacos?
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:14:59 AM

Well I contacted HF again to know any more exact shipping date.

After been answered that they are on track before 31 of December I asked them if they are still on schedule before the 15th of November, if they already got the pcbs, cases produced, the chips from TSMC shipped..... Their answer have been to directly close my case without any answer. This is looking really good  Undecided

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:31:54 AM

They hung up your call?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:50:29 AM

They hung up your call?

I added John on Skype and asked him some questions on the chat. He didn't even answer me.

I spent 2 days and hours in front of the computer while he was online asking to him if he was there and writing question in the chat so he could take time and read them, but got no answer.

The only time he answered me was when I asked him about buying further products. In that moment he wrote me something like " Hey you want to talk today ? " and I got no more answers.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:25:57 PM

I feel sorry for those that have their money held hostage till late December.  That diff will be brutal by then.  It is bad enough right now as it is.

Your best bet is to hope HF can't deliver so you can get refunds and buy btc directly.  Unless the btc spot price explodes by then.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 02:27:47 PM

I feel sorry for those that have their money held hostage till late December.  That diff will be brutal by then.  It is bad enough right now as it is.

Your best bet is to hope HF can't deliver so you can get refunds and buy btc directly.  Unless the btc spot price explodes by then.

if they dont deliver do you really think they are going to bother with refunds?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
paranoidx

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:34:05 PM

Taco Time,

Any news on refunds for those that were given a ship date of October 20th-30th when they purchased their miners before the August 15th change of the TOS?

Ninjapro talks about how professional they seem but a professional company does not give out a shipping date, says they are on track until 2 days before that said shipping date, announce delays, and then deny refunds.

I really did believe in this company and that's why I purchased Baby Jet instead of a 2nd Jupiter.  I would have been hashing with the Jupiter right now.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:34:30 PM

Up until yesterday they were promoting batch 3 with a Dec 15 shipping date (before Xmas). See:
http://web.archive.org/web/20131031183233/https://hashfast.com/shop/sierra-third-batch/

That seems to have changed now, delivery dates have been removed from the product page:
https://hashfast.com/shop/sierra-third-batch/
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 03:37:21 PM

I'm gonna have to go talk to the consumer protection lawyer down the street on Monday from the looks of this, this is totally absurd.
paranoidx

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:40:51 PM

Up until yesterday they were promoting batch 3 with a Dec 15 shipping date (before Xmas). See:
http://web.archive.org/web/20131031183233/https://hashfast.com/shop/sierra-third-batch/

That seems to have changed now, delivery dates have been removed from the product page:

Yeah I find them selling their batch 3 products on their page with a delivery date of December 15 and then telling their batch 1 customers they'll get theirs by December 31st just a slight bit deceitful.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 03:43:00 PM

For batch#1 customers thats indeed good news...
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: