Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:56:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:13:48 PM

The annuncment should come for the iceminer asset, so there should at least be an announcement. It will be vague and useless, yes. Then they will "carry on" until december, when they will ship from the 25th to the 31th.

And if they file for bankruptcy we will have the first open source 28nm asic design ever.

Seriously unless you know something we dont, you should take a chill pill.

HF announced a delay, the cause for the delay, a solution for the problem and a new rough ETA thats still a week from here. Whats this panic about?
If you never anticipated these things could be delayed by at least a few weeks, why did you even order? I can understand BFL customers getting upset about waiting over a year and hearing new excuses and delays every other week, but thusfar, this seems a total non issue.

Be honest: are you upset because we are now 5 (!) days beyond their initial shipping window, or because difficulty is 2x higher and growing much faster than you expected when you placed your order?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:30:46 PM

I'm upset because of the lack of proofs of:
1) That they where ready to ship at the end of october. The lack of a stupid PCB pic is unexplainable, nevermind the "it's under NDA" excuse.
2) That they had an actual delay and that TMSC really promised them an initial delivery date of the chips of the end of October.

This is leading me to the conclusione that we are being laid to.
This is why i can't accept it.

I always knew that the shipping timeframe would have been critical, but i had faith in HF to keep their promises.
Not only i was wrong about trusting HF, but we are also being laid to and, as if it wasn't enough, ignored.

Let's see what this update will be about.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:37:13 PM

If I could just pitch in, I haven't really been keeping up with the thread. What is this talk about an announcement today? Did HF say they were gonna post an update?

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
paranoidx

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:38:11 PM

The annuncment should come for the iceminer asset, so there should at least be an announcement. It will be vague and useless, yes. Then they will "carry on" until december, when they will ship from the 25th to the 31th.

And if they file for bankruptcy we will have the first open source 28nm asic design ever.

HF announced a delay, the cause for the delay, a solution for the problem and a new rough ETA thats still a week from here. Whats this panic about?
If you never anticipated these things could be delayed by at least a few weeks, why did you even order? I can understand BFL customers getting upset about waiting over a year and hearing new excuses and delays every other week, but thusfar, this seems a total non issue.

Be honest: are you upset because we are now 5 (!) days beyond their initial shipping window, or because difficulty is 2x higher and growing much faster than you expected when you placed your order?

I believe he is upset because:
1. we are now 5 days beyond the shipping window
2. the difficulty is 2x and growing much faster
3. there is no proof that the devices will be completed any time soon.  No pictures of pcb boards, no announcement of the chips (knc took 2 weeks after getting chips to start shipping)
4. No refunds
5. No communication from Hashfast.  (everything is under NDA apparently)
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:40:36 PM

Good post, but i have to remember that the NDA is under NDA, too.
It's funny to think about it every time.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:44:38 PM

3. there is no proof that the devices will be completed any time soon.  No pictures of pcb boards

no pics of pcb i dont like either

knc took 2 weeks after getting chips to start shipping

wrong. Orama stated that the chips arrived per courier at sunday in two batches one directly from korea and one via korea and paris. the first miner left knc at tuesday. so thats basically 2 days from chips to shipping.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:19:32 PM

So why they're making you the announcer/go to guy now tacotime?

They used to post here like daily and now they basically all disappeared. All of em.

Shitty situation. Updates needed but they're hiding behind a guy - whom they take ages to email back to.

Yeah. Up until about the 18th, all the Hashfast people would post here. Now nothing..

Where are my 12 Baby Jets?..

I expressed to them when ordering that I was coming from 1.2 year wait at BFL. They kept telling me they're nothing like BFL, they're on schedule, blah blah. They seem more like BFL every day. With the Hashfast Baby Jet drawing, going silent, posting for ad space but not here, and generally their change of tone. They all seemed like good people on the phone, now they just refer me to the fine print TOS.

That's cool and all but whatever happened to them wanting their customers to succeed?

+1 !   i really dont understand Hashfast silence...  where  are my Babyjets too ??!
paranoidx

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:20:19 PM

3. there is no proof that the devices will be completed any time soon.  No pictures of pcb boards

no pics of pcb i dont like either

knc took 2 weeks after getting chips to start shipping

wrong. Orama stated that the chips arrived per courier at sunday in two batches one directly from korea and one via korea and paris. the first miner left knc at tuesday. so thats basically 2 days from chips to shipping.

Fabrication process for the chips was announced finished 9/17.  It took almsot 2 weeks to cut the wafers and get them to KNC.
My point was, Hashfast isn't even at the fabrication finished announcement stage.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:31:30 PM

Fabrication process for the chips was announced finished 9/17.  It took almsot 2 weeks to cut the wafers and get them to KNC.
My point was, Hashfast isn't even at the fabrication finished announcement stage.

Chin up little buddy.

We know TSMC won't fail to deliver.

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck with a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cleartime

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:40:43 PM

3. there is no proof that the devices will be completed any time soon.  No pictures of pcb boards, no announcement of the chips (knc took 2 weeks after getting chips to start shipping)
4. No refunds
Well, my order is Batch 2, so that will be delivered on March 2014, I just noticed the fact, really shocked me.
That mean I throw money to water without any sound.
So we will need a layer before they announce anything we do not want to hear?
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:48:02 PM

4. No refunds
Well, my order is Batch 2, so that will be delivered on March 2014, I just noticed the fact, really shocked me.
That mean I throw money to water without any sound.
So we will need a layer before they announce anything we do not want to hear?

yes, unfortunately any ROI is going to be minimal (depending on BTC prices. Of course). BFL should be shipping about that time (we'll see). That happens far too often with preorders

Avalanche is a must own
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:48:23 PM

I want a refund. Dont  be surprise they ship after dec 31 2013 and update their tos without notice. Too many red flags and they struggle to give a update because they have no more excuses, but to stay silent.

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
cleartime

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:56:35 PM

I want a refund. Dont  be surprise they ship after dec 31 2013 and update their tos without notice. Too many red flags and they struggle to give a update because they have no more excuses, but to stay silent.
I need a refund, too. I called them but no answer, so what are they intending to do?
I think they should have a whole plan, or why place the TOS as hidden fine print?
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:30:16 PM

Predictions for today's announcement?

Batch 1 to start shipping 25th Nov

33% = there will be no announcement
33% = starting to ship #1 25th Nov
33% = starting to ship in december
1%  = i dunno

100% NO announcement

Why? Because the teachings of Yifu/Avalon say so:

1. During phase 6 "Delay, Smoke and Mirrors" of our little game, your customers should already been fallen in slight despair and cry for a lawyer.
2. Stay calm, no lawyer will delve into such a clusterfuck! Release the shielding shill. He will take the blows while you feed him with nonsense to communicate to the sheeps.
3. Build up false hopes by letting him announce announcements, then dive away for a couple of days AFTER the planed announcement date. DO NOT announce anything (because there isn't anything to announce anyways, lol)!
4. In the meantime, attract more sheeps with the money of the "valued ("we want our customers to succeed")-1st batch customers" (which are, by the way, obviously arseraped the hardest, as always)

cleartime

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:34:56 PM

Predictions for today's announcement?

Batch 1 to start shipping 25th Nov

33% = there will be no announcement
33% = starting to ship #1 25th Nov
33% = starting to ship in december
1%  = i dunno

100% NO announcement

Why? Because the teachings of Yifu/Avalon say so:

1. During phase 6 "Delay, Smoke and Mirrors" of our little game, your customers should already been fallen in slight despair and cry for a lawyer.
2. Stay calm, no lawyer will delve into such a clusterfuck! Release the shielding shill. He will take the blows while you feed him with nonsense to communicate to the sheeps.
3. Build up false hopes by letting him announce announcements, then dive away for a couple of days AFTER the planed announcement date. DO NOT announce anything (because there isn't anything to announce anyways, lol)!
4. In the meantime, attract more sheeps with the money of the "valued ("we want our customers to succeed")-1st batch customers" (which are, by the way, obviously arseraped the hardest, as always)

https://i.imgur.com/1qtwEpI.jpg

So the only suggestion is waiting?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:35:51 PM

So the only suggestion is waiting?
This is what they hope you will do, yes.
Is that what you will do? Probably yes.

paranoidx

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:45:30 PM

Well, we got 2 options.

1. Wait and accept that our money is lost possibly receiving our miners in the future with a very high negative ROI.
2. Stand together, complain to the FTC, lawyer up, and hold them accountable for not keeping their promises.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:47:18 PM

You know my choice.

chrono030

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:55:10 PM

Man, this thread is full of despair.  I really hope for the best for you folks that have sunk a lot of money into this cluster.  This type of thing is very bad for bitcoin in general.  It is too bad there isn't some sort of mechanism where customers have some kind of recourse with teeth that the suppliers fear (e.g. chargebacks).  I suppose that is one luxury we forego with the low processing fees.  Although, I suppose it does allow for new business ventures to emerge.
MinorMiner

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:58:34 PM

Man, this thread is full of despair.  I really hope for the best for you folks that have sunk a lot of money into this cluster.  This type of thing is very bad for bitcoin in general.  It is too bad there isn't some sort of mechanism where customers have some kind of recourse with teeth that the suppliers fear (e.g. chargebacks).  I suppose that is one luxury we forego with the low processing fees.  Although, I suppose it does allow for new business ventures scams to emerge.

ftfy

All contributions gratefully received 1G6Wia22Jnpz2DUisA5EoAC6KJ7MHm6QyP
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: