Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:08:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:02:08 PM

Volume just means non-prototype.  The article I linked to was a month old.  There are plenty of similar ones only days old.  The number of 20nm designs for the entire year is a couple dozen.  Did KNC secure one of those coveted slots I doubt it given the number of industry giants who likely will be excluded from 20nm in 2014.   

Still your first claim was:
KNC also looking to come out with their 16/20nm miner around March 2014.

I think we can agree
a) KNC said nothing of the such
b) March isn't even a possibility for 20nm.
c) 2014 isn't even a possibility for 16nm.

I put money on 2015 at the earliest you may disagree but at least you admit than any 1620nm in March sometime in 2014 is your assumption not a statement by KNC.

The most recent information on KnC and < 28nm is in the 5th paragraph of their latest news update.

Yeah that is what we were discussing already. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:03:23 PM

Check out the latest blog post on the HashFast website: https://hashfast.com/silicon-in-silicon-valley/.

So you got the wafers, 11-21 days after your promised shipping date, and all the while you have been saying the silicon wafer production was "on track".
The substrate issue aside, how did you ever expect to ship those miners 2 weeks before getting silicon?
j03

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:20:56 PM

Volume just means non-prototype.  The article I linked to was a month old.  There are plenty of similar ones only days old.  The number of 20nm designs for the entire year is a couple dozen.  Did KNC secure one of those coveted slots I doubt it given the number of industry giants who likely will be excluded from 20nm in 2014.   

I think we can agree

I put money on 2015 at the earliest you may disagree but at least you admit than any 1620nm in March sometime in 2014 is your assumption not a statement by KNC.

The most recent information on KnC and < 28nm is in the 5th paragraph of their latest news update.

Sure you were bub.

1MYwxy8TniWL37y3ueG2cN6i5eQ49Fr19Q
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:28:11 PM

So whats the update on refund? I dont see them meeting their next deadline and want a refund? How much BTC are we losing because they lied? If they said end of year shipment or late nov I would of never would think about buying a babyjet...  end of oct was a risk but why would a customer take a loss when a company is gonna make millions without even shipping a product?

I'm sure they wouldn't have sold out batch one if they said delivery at mid December. I'm really annoyed, and in the same camp as you. We were deliberately lied to. I don't think they ever were on track for October shipping judging by what progress they have made so far.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:28:27 PM

I think we can agree

Sure you were bub.

Glad you agree.  Now you are all caught up.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:53:15 PM

Hey all!

Check out the latest blog post on the HashFast website: https://hashfast.com/silicon-in-silicon-valley/.

Cheers,

The HashFast Team
Bad news only by email and forum, marketing on your blog.
Makes sense.

Listen, you should have received the silicon one month ago. Only that way you would have been in line with your shipping deadlines.

What are you gonna do with TSMC for not having respected their deadlines?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 01:30:57 AM

I think the Main Problem is this

1. People who Bought A unit and the Miner Protection Program are not thinking clearly, that even with this Delay and with the HUGH increase in the DIFF they are not thinking what it actully means..................... That you should be getting MORE GH/s then you Paid for as

Miner Protection Program

For those of you covered under the Miner Protection Program™ (https://hashfast.com/miner-protection-program/), this delay will not affect the starting point from which benefits are calculated. For First Batch Baby Jets, the start date of the program will be retroactive to October 30th. We want to make sure a delayed ship date does not reduce the value of the program.
- The HashFast Team
[/quote]

this is also a DIRECT QUOTE FROM HASHFASTS MPP PAGE
"  Example 2 – You buy a Baby Jet for 50 BTC, and we ship it on October 25th.  January 23, 2014 comes and goes, and it turns out that at the Baby Jet’s nominal hashrate, it would only have generated 25 BTC during that 90 day period.  Calculated out, it would have taken an additional 400 Ghash/s of capacity shipped with your Baby Jet on October 25, 2013 to generate 50 BTC. We can’t go back in time to give you that 400Ghash/s. Instead, HashFast will double that and give you 800 Ghash/s in additional capacity. In this example, HashFast will give you two additional Golden Nonce ASICs, each with 400 nominal GHash/s. "

I wish people would read and fully understand a programs benefits before they whine and complain about a company running behind schedule because they choose not to release a sub-par product that would have just caused problems down the line, and that would have led to people just complaining about that.

I applaud them for catching the substrate problem and taking the time to fix it rather then just push ahead and release a inferior and defective product just to say they " shipped on time " I would rather wait for my product and know that i am getting a tried and true machine then one that will have to be RMA'd days after getting it

minternj

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:10:50 AM

I wish people would read and fully understand a programs benefits before they whine and complain about a company running behind schedule because they choose not to release a sub-par product that would have just caused problems down the line, and that would have led to people just complaining about that.

Who's complaining about the mpp? Problem is there still isn't a product. Forget about the substrate, they just got the wafer for fucks sake. They straight out lied about shipping date.

amer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:13:18 AM

I applaud them for catching the substrate problem and taking the time to fix it rather then just push ahead and release a inferior and defective product just to say they " shipped on time " I would rather wait for my product and know that i am getting a tried and true machine then one that will have to be RMA'd days after getting it

Why would that be applause worthy? They risk their entire business if they did that. Wow, they found a problem before it ruined their reputation permanently? That's the least you can do as a business owner. It's like applauding BP for acknowledging that it was going to take months to plug up the Deep Horizon well.

The complaint everyone has, in the many colorful ways it is coming across, boils down to "if you guys are as good as you claimed when you took orders, why did you promise a schedule that had such low tolerance for errors." It's not like this is the result of disaster after disaster - one thing went wrong and now we all feel stupid for not just "buy some BTC and hold onto it".

HashFast gets "applause" if something goes wrong and they STILL deliver on time. HashFast gets applause if we make more BTC than it cost. HashFast does not get applause for not being unethical.

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
gjpminingco

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 02:15:47 AM

I am not saying people are complaining about the MPP what i am saying is even if they are late anyone who Opted for the MPP is gonna really reap because of the MPP they are gonna be getting Extra Speed, I see countless posts where people are complaining that a company is behind schedule but i can tell you Chip design and everything that goes into making a miner is not easy ( VERY FAR FROM IT ) and Hashfast is the ONLY company out there to Upfront and Openly Offer anything close to the MPP, atlease they implemented this before anything so that incase things ran longer then expected they could make it up to their customers Unlike most of the Companies out there

Who dont give a crap now that they have your money

HashFast_CL

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 02:26:50 AM

Thank you for your keen understanding and continued support.

We will keep working very hard to earn that praise.   Smiley

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
gjpminingco

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 02:32:12 AM

Anytime

I will always be around to help people understand that even tho there was a Delay they need to look at this from the point of view of a buyer that picked the MPP with their unit ( i don't know why anyone wouldn't choose it ) it always pays off in the long run to always choose the miner protection programs ( and always worth the extra money )

minternj

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:40:23 AM

Gp, I see you mean well but you really haven't been following the progress and hashfasts communications it seems. In hindsight the delayed tape-out was a sign that they were at least a month behind schedule even on the wafer production. They had to know, they touted that tsmc gave them daily updates.  why did they continue to tell us it was on schedule?

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:41:34 AM

I am not saying people are complaining about the MPP what i am saying is even if they are late anyone who Opted for the MPP is gonna really reap because of the MPP they are gonna be getting Extra Speed, I see countless posts where people are complaining that a company is behind schedule but i can tell you Chip design and everything that goes into making a miner is not easy ( VERY FAR FROM IT ) and Hashfast is the ONLY company out there to Upfront and Openly Offer anything close to the MPP, atlease they implemented this before anything so that incase things ran longer then expected they could make it up to their customers Unlike most of the Companies out there

Why do idiots capitalize every word they think is important?

ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:50:10 AM

I will always be around to help people understand that even tho there was a Delay they need to look at this from the point of view of a buyer that picked the MPP with their unit ( i don't know why anyone wouldn't choose it ) it always pays off in the long run to always choose the miner protection programs ( and always worth the extra money )

You seem to be very sure of yourself. Please run the numbers in a mining calculator and then come back.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:07:18 AM

I rarely saw such a warped interpretation of the MPP. The MPP is a way to protect customers against network growth. It is not an insurance against failure to deliver, nor is it intended to relieve the company from the obligation to be upfront with their customers.

The whole delay is a debacle, because their pricing scheme is so sensitive to shipping times. But Hashfast is not the first company to make that mistake [see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251966.msg3364482#msg3364482].

However, the real blunder is that they kept advertising a shipping time they knew they couldn't fulfill. At that point what should have happened is to retroactively adjust prices and perform partial refunds. In fact that's what they should do right now.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
gjpminingco

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 03:08:43 AM

Hmmm
Ok lets see

How about you run the numbers and Post them Based on the buy that includes the MPP and tell me your results

That is how sure i am
as I already have run the numbers and do to the MPP i would still break even on the ROI and everything after that is gravy

perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:29:13 AM

So you got the wafers, 11-21 days after your promised shipping date, and all the while you have been saying the silicon wafer production was "on track".

This is a valid question.

Although if HF ultimately does right to the MPP customers, perhaps it's moot.
amer

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:47:30 AM

anyone who Opted for the MPP is gonna really reap because of the MPP they are gonna be getting Extra Speed
Extra speed doesn't mean anything when difficulty is going up faster than the speed boost. You're getting double the speed to make up for a deficit after 90 days. There hasn't been a 90 day period where double the speed would have made up for the previous 90 days since March. Have you actually done the math here?

Hashfast is the ONLY company out there to Upfront and Openly Offer anything close to the MPP, atlease they implemented this before anything so that incase things ran longer then expected they could make it up to their customers Unlike most of the Companies out there
I will not deny that MPP is a clever approach to describing add-on upgrades, but it's not a customer service guarantee, it's a sales pitch.

So let's take a look at this story: "Here's 400GH/s - for an additional +60%, we will sell you somewhere between 0 and 1.6TH/s on top of that." Let's imagine that HashFast also could sell us a 640GH/s with no MPP for the same price as a 400GH/s unit WITH MPP for 60% more.

So for 90 days, you start off with 400GH/s with MPP or 640 GH/s without MPP. That is a 90 day headstart of 240GH/s while HashFast and its competition deploys Sierras and Babyjets to the world. After 90 days, if you beat the amount you paid for it then you just basically lost your bet. But if difficulty was so bad that it caused you not to even get your BTC back in 90 days, now, with this same difficulty that caused you to not make your money back in the first place, you have to make up for lost time?

You can call it whatever you want, but it's just a creative way to gamble 240GH/s x 90 days.

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
gjpminingco

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 05:41:27 AM

Amer you are way off on your figuring of the MPP it is laughable

why dont you reread the MPP and then actually think about it before posting such calculations and you will see you are WAY off on what you just posted

Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: