Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:01:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:39:55 PM

No they cant refund everyone with the same amount of btc..... its not feasible. Gee.... stupid as stupid does.
The only problem in your thinking is that they repeated several times that they would refund the same amount of BTC if they failed to ship (remember when that user went to visit them and he repeated that john said so, repeatedly?)

The only problem with your saying is that..... you trust their words. Even if its not feasible.

What do you think the pre-order fund is for?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:43:32 PM

The only problem with your saying is that..... you trust their words.
I haven't trusted a single word of them since when they delayed the october delivery with no proof of anything. No, i don't trust them. I'm just trying to point out the reasons people expects BTC refunds. You can't call them stupid for that. You can bet that it's gonna be really funny if they delay and forget to refund the BTC equivalent.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
seriouscoin

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:44:27 PM

They had one whole day to test it, and i expected some screaming results from their twitter account by now... Makes me wonder... USD refunds for everyone!

paid with BTC, order ack is in BTC, refund will be in BTC.

This is the only reason I ordered first batch.

If any of you expect that, you're all idiots.

They only use btc as payment system, not currency.

No they cant refund everyone with the same amount of btc..... its not feasible. Gee.... stupid as stupid does.

wrong. order is in BTC not in USD. paid BTC to a normal address not with BitPay. they have to hedge against the risk.

EDIT: paid also as a life time member to the Bitcoin foundation to a normal address. the amount is still in the address. but HF was so "clever" to transfer the amount out right after the payment.

Just because you paid to a "normal" address doesnt mean they keep your btc. They're not in currency business unless .... thats what they're doing from the beginning and this whole mining project is just to get free-loan.
seriouscoin

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:45:32 PM

The only problem with your saying is that..... you trust their words.
I haven't trusted a single word of them since when they delayed the october delivery with no proof of anything. No, i don't trust them. I'm just trying to point out the reasons people expects BTC refunds. You can't call them stupid for that. You can bet that it's gonna be really funny if they delay and forget to refund the BTC equivalent.

Yes i can call them stupid for believing such unfeasible thing  
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 04:45:38 PM

The only problem in your thinking is that they repeated several times that they would refund the same amount of BTC if they failed to ship (remember when that user went to visit them and he repeated that john said so, repeatedly?)

The only problem with your saying is that..... you trust their words. Even if its not feasible.

not our problem. I be a customer not an investor. they got VC's to do the business as they claimed. I have no symphaty anymore after this long time of period of delay. they defined for theirselve a hard cut by 31 December of 2013 which was in their comfort zone. no understanding anymore as I said.

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 04:48:03 PM

They had one whole day to test it, and i expected some screaming results from their twitter account by now... Makes me wonder... USD refunds for everyone!

wrong. order is in BTC not in USD. paid BTC to a normal address not with BitPay. they have to hedge against the risk.

EDIT: paid also as a life time member to the Bitcoin foundation to a normal address. the amount is still in the address. but HF was so "clever" to transfer the amount out right after the payment.

Just because you paid to a "normal" address doesnt mean they keep your btc. They're not in currency business unless .... thats what they're doing from the beginning and this whole mining project is just to get free-loan.

wrong. they do foreign exchange business and have to hedge against the risk if they claim to give refund in the currency you paid. no interpretation gap.

seriouscoin

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:54:18 PM

not our problem. I be a customer not an investor. they got VC's to do the business as they claimed. I have no symphaty anymore after this long time of period of delay. they defined for theirselve a hard cut by 31 December of 2013 which was in their comfort zone. no understanding anymore as I said.

I hope they will refund you the amount of BTC that you paid.

Legally they dont have to.
seriouscoin

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:56:08 PM

wrong. they do foreign exchange business and have to hedge against the risk if they claim to give refund in the currency you paid. no interpretation gap.

The same interpretation that they "guarantee" ROI in BTC?

Please dont make me laugh..... i dont want to be seen as a devil here.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:56:21 PM

Anyway the real problem with BTC refunds is that even if they where to happen, HF would buy KNC miners on the market, rebrand them and ship them by the end of the year instead of admitting to be over their deadline and issue BTC refunds.

So even if HF was legit, they are not gonna happen.

(and at that point you would be screwed because your MPP would be delivered in 2015, but that's another story).

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 04:56:52 PM

I hope they will refund you the amount of BTC that you paid.

Legally they dont have to.

you have to request this until 15 January 2014 as the contract said.

btw. i have no history with you. the thread is for customers which have issues with HF to discuss how to proceed with the issues. I have no time to discuss for entertainment. sorry.

minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:58:58 PM

Ughh.. thanks for you legal expertise seriouscoin. Can i constitute this as legal advice?

Anyway, hashfast still no word on what mining controller is coming with the Baby Jet? Or is this another woopsie item?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:02:40 PM

Anyway, hashfast still no word on what mining controller is coming with the Baby Jet? Or is this another woopsie item?
I told you already, back in the early days they said that the controller of the BJ would be a RPi (raspberry pi).

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:04:08 PM

I told you already, back in the early days they said that the controller of the BJ would be a RPi (raspberry pi).

I guess you didnt see that post from hashfast_cl. Can't dig it up at the moment.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:08:41 PM

I guess you didnt see that post from hashfast_cl. Can't dig it up at the moment.
Np, i have time to lose atm, i will be happy to search for it...

Ok, can't find anything but this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg3316933#msg3316933

bitcoinermax

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:28:22 PM

To all the clever clogs on this forum who claim HF should have hedged BTC in order to provide BTC refunds, can you please explain how you think this can be done in the absence of a proper forward market for BTC? And if you do know of such a market, then please enlighten the rest of us.

You might also want to pause and consider for a moment - if the co had kept the BTC, how do you think they funded the design and production of the chip and what do you think it costs to fund such a thing? And why do you think all of these companies need pre sales if not to pay for their chip development? this applies not only for HF but also their competitors. if any of the ASIC companies were so well funded that pre sales are not required, then they would either have sold the gear at higher prices or the 1st anyone would know of them is when the hash rate spiked up....

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 05:48:31 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 05:58:33 PM by Gyrsur

To all the clever clogs on this forum who claim HF should have hedged BTC in order to provide BTC refunds, can you please explain how you think this can be done in the absence of a proper forward market for BTC? And if you do know of such a market, then please enlighten the rest of us.

You might also want to pause and consider for a moment - if the co had kept the BTC, how do you think they funded the design and production of the chip and what do you think it costs to fund such a thing? And why do you think all of these companies need pre sales if not to pay for their chip development? this applies not only for HF but also their competitors. if any of the ASIC companies were so well funded that pre sales are not required, then they would either have sold the gear at higher prices or the 1st anyone would know of them is when the hash rate spiked up....

if you can't hedge or save the funds of the batch one customers (especially if you claimed to give the refund in the order currency) use USD. did they pay the necessary steps after the orders with BTC. I dont think so. so no need to receive BTC from customers. time pressure? it seems not because no devices are delivered so far. normal wire transfer would did the job.

their marketing was great. the best of all ASIC producers with MPP. but now they have to deliver. "put your money where your mouth is" HF!

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:56:58 PM

You're needlessly complicating this.  If refunds in BTC were impossible or even improbable -- for any reason -- such refunds should not have been offered.  Making impossible promises has a name: it's called lying.
This is trivial stuff.
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:27:29 PM

Seems almost certain that all this talk about refunds is moot.  Hashfast will almost certainly ship the batch 1 machines out before December 31st.  

The real question is what they are going to to make their 1st batch customers whole - when it appears that 400% more hashrate, even if shipped on 31 January, won't ROI.  

A preemptive STFU to the idiots out there who are about to reply "all they committed to was 400%, can't you read the MPP?"

We know what the context of the MPP was and we have many statements from HF about the MPP and some that raise serious questions about their honesty about being "on track" for October.

Under the circumstances, HF is going to have to do more than what the letter of the MPP arguably states (note: arguably).  Or else they get a motivated batch of really pissed off people after their hides.

I think, hope that they will come up with an adequate solution to the situation such that Batch 1 investors at least recoup their investment in BTC terms.

1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 06:33:45 PM

All i'm saying is the light at the end of the tunnel, and the total delay time was 1.5months-2months. They're pressed to ship this month due to their TOS.

Though it sucks, the reality that pre-ordering asics is one of the only ways to stay in the mining game. The reality with that also is chance of delay, the company not delivering at all, or of course an outright scam.

While waiting for my 2 BFL single pre-orders, we were in a similar situation as now. Price was skyrocketing, except then difficulty was low. Under 100 mil. Yes there is the "I could have made so much $" But it's a roll of the dice with ASIC companies.

New video by HashFast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rl6L8nt3Hc&feature=youtu.be

Not sure why they would post a video of the assembly failing, knocks a capacitor over.

RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:02:50 PM

Not sure why they would post a video of the assembly failing, knocks a capacitor over.
The reasons may be different:
a) To explain why it is still not hashing.
b) It was posted by a mistake (it was not the best one)..
c) It was the best of all made (only two capacitors misplaced), yet they promised a video.
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: