Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 [370] 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:05:47 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 05:51:46 AM by Bicknellski

Ya... I would have sold my soul for chips 'cause it was cheaper than the price of the chips in BTC or $'s, but not to shill on the forum unless I know when and where the project will ultimately go as I shill for the WPC as much as I can as a member. They wanted hundreds of thousands of dollars and basically said that you have to order in the next 2 days sort of thing. RED FLAG there... sorry dudes not going to rushing out to the ATM to buy chips that were supposed to drop in what? October?

We'd appreciate it but the problem is we need only a very small sample quantity to start with to prove the prototype and our mother plane concept.

Hi Bicknellski,

I'm not clear on the mother plane concept.

HashFast's miniboards are self-supporting and only require power, cooling, and a controller with USB and CGminer.  They don't need a mobo/backplane/etc.

Are you saying you wish to develop your own mini (or maxi) board?

I'll keep you in mind and try to get you some samples when we begin bulk mini-board and later raw chip sales.  Our chip's datasheet should be published in a 2-3 weeks.

Would love to see The WASP powered by HashFast!

Best,

-HF_CL

We are looking for chips only to develop a modular system. See the thread here for more details https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299255.0. We are developing a number of different Wasps that can be installed into the back plane (mother plane) or stand alone and stack like FPGAs.  

Have a look at pages 63 to 68 and see who you think was being paid in Silica.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:23:20 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 08:36:31 AM by ninjarobot

I'd post it here I didn't delete it... let me check.

----

Nope I guess I found it so foul I didn't bother to reply to the offer.

It was basically reward to keep the thread at the top and disseminate information they fed I believe. I am pretty sure that a fair number of people were contacted there is evidence of that clearly in the thread after they offered it of people pumping / bumping the thread up. I had been in discussions with HF for chips for our project but given the hard sell as well money they wanted upfront it just wasn't going to take that risk with HF or anyone. Most of these chip vendors are playing the funding game with chip orders. That is too risky given what has happened to me with the Avalon chips. I am never getting into that situation again unless I am working with people who have chips in hand or designing an asic ground up with our group.

Found it:

Quote from: HashFast on October 13, 2013, 00:59:01
Dear Bicknellski,

This past summer, HashFast created a huge splash in the Bitcoin community after the announcement of its Golden Nonce chip. The Golden Nonce—a 28nm ASIC chip that performs 400 Ghash/s at nominal speed while consuming notably less than 1.0 W/GH—is projected to change the future of Bitcoin mining.

Your thoughts, comments, and questions have acknowledged just how far HashFast has pushed the envelope in the Bitcoin market. Your interest in HashFast's products, as well as your expertise in Bitcoin mining hardware, makes you the perfect candidate to join HashFast’s BitcoinTalk support team.

As a member of the HashFast support team, your overall role will be to facilitate healthy debate and insight within the two HashFast threads in order to make sure that those threads remain at the top of the Custom Hardware message board. Sustaining a flow of supporting posts will encourage interest in the HashFast company and our products, which will lead to increased traffic on the HashFast website, and ultimately drive up purchases of HashFast equipment.

In order to achieve this goal, the HashFast support team member will be responsible for posting at least 1 – 2 supporting posts in each thread every day, or how ever many posts are deemed necessary to maintain a top position in the message board. Because we want to focus on the positive aspects of being a part of the Bitcoin community, verbal attacks by other forum members should only be met with immediate, persistent, reasoned, knowledgeable, and mature responses. Therefore, posts will be monitored to make sure that the language reflects the genuine nature and main objective of being a part of HashFast’s support team.

In exchange for your services, HashFast will keep the support team reasonably updated on engineering information, and any other valuable details, that can be used to enlighten forum participants. Compensation will be $15/hr for 10 hours per week – paid in silicon.

If you are interested in the position as a HashFast support team member, please contact us team@hashfast.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

HashFast Forum Liaison

My reply:

Interesting... we are keen to discuss getting sample chips to work on our boards if that is possible. The Wasp Project Cooperative together is more interested in some sort of arrangement.

At the time I was really focused on getting chips but thankfully that didn't pan out given the state of their project. I emailed them in attempts to get chips and nothing more.

Thanks for sharing.This is really important since cypherdoc made a lot of (paid) statements in support of the HF team and payments/refunds that turned out to be false but were apparently encouraged by HF as it benefited sales. HF had the opportunity to debunk these false statements but chose not to. In other words, customers were being purposefully mislead from the get go.

Here are some of those statements:

Quote from: Cypherdoc
from what i understand, your BTC's are going to be guaranteed as well

Quote from: Simon Barber
Yes - what cypherdoc says is true - we endorse this.

they want only those committed to leaving their BTC with HashFast until the end of the year.  if they fail to deliver, they have said they will give full refunds in BTC.

once you see details of their Miner Protection Plan and refund details all your fears will melt away.
paranoidx

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:32:49 AM

I'd post it here I didn't delete it... let me check.

----

Nope I guess I found it so foul I didn't bother to reply to the offer.

It was basically reward to keep the thread at the top and disseminate information they fed I believe. I am pretty sure that a fair number of people were contacted there is evidence of that clearly in the thread after they offered it of people pumping / bumping the thread up. I had been in discussions with HF for chips for our project but given the hard sell as well money they wanted upfront it just wasn't going to take that risk with HF or anyone. Most of these chip vendors are playing the funding game with chip orders. That is too risky given what has happened to me with the Avalon chips. I am never getting into that situation again unless I am working with people who have chips in hand or designing an asic ground up with our group.

Found it:

Quote from: HashFast on October 13, 2013, 00:59:01
Dear Bicknellski,

This past summer, HashFast created a huge splash in the Bitcoin community after the announcement of its Golden Nonce chip. The Golden Nonce—a 28nm ASIC chip that performs 400 Ghash/s at nominal speed while consuming notably less than 1.0 W/GH—is projected to change the future of Bitcoin mining.

Your thoughts, comments, and questions have acknowledged just how far HashFast has pushed the envelope in the Bitcoin market. Your interest in HashFast's products, as well as your expertise in Bitcoin mining hardware, makes you the perfect candidate to join HashFast’s BitcoinTalk support team.

As a member of the HashFast support team, your overall role will be to facilitate healthy debate and insight within the two HashFast threads in order to make sure that those threads remain at the top of the Custom Hardware message board. Sustaining a flow of supporting posts will encourage interest in the HashFast company and our products, which will lead to increased traffic on the HashFast website, and ultimately drive up purchases of HashFast equipment.

In order to achieve this goal, the HashFast support team member will be responsible for posting at least 1 – 2 supporting posts in each thread every day, or how ever many posts are deemed necessary to maintain a top position in the message board. Because we want to focus on the positive aspects of being a part of the Bitcoin community, verbal attacks by other forum members should only be met with immediate, persistent, reasoned, knowledgeable, and mature responses. Therefore, posts will be monitored to make sure that the language reflects the genuine nature and main objective of being a part of HashFast’s support team.

In exchange for your services, HashFast will keep the support team reasonably updated on engineering information, and any other valuable details, that can be used to enlighten forum participants. Compensation will be $15/hr for 10 hours per week – paid in silicon.

If you are interested in the position as a HashFast support team member, please contact us team@hashfast.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

HashFast Forum Liaison

My reply:

Interesting... we are keen to discuss getting sample chips to work on our boards if that is possible. The Wasp Project Cooperative together is more interested in some sort of arrangement.

At the time I was really focused on getting chips but thankfully that didn't pan out given the state of their project. I emailed them in attempts to get chips and nothing more.

Their posts announcing future announcements make sense now...
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:02:18 AM

once you see details of their Miner Protection Plan and refund details all your fears will melt away.

Our groups fears were warranted in terms of considering any outlay of 100's of thousands of $'s for GN chips given what has happened. I feel awful another company has seen fit to soil the community yet again in this way. No company can recover from this sort of subterfuge and expect to be trusted. Paying people to bump threads... not a good idea and not worth your own reputation when it goes sideways.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:12:24 AM

Looks like that my wiki will soon have another page.

Kiss

(was it from HashFast or HashFast_CL? [since that it's sent from HashFast but it signs as HashFast_CL, it's interesting] A screenshoot would be welcome)

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:59:09 AM

Souls are cheap these days - $15 an hour in silicon.

The shills were also scammed for sure, as everything else HashBust is doing. I'm glad Cypherdoc is crying now all his shilling efforts were in vain.
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:18:21 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 12:29:37 PM by Bicknellski

Looks like that my wiki will soon have another page.

Kiss

(was it from HashFast or HashFast_CL? [since that it's sent from HashFast but it signs as HashFast_CL, it's interesting] A screenshoot would be welcome)

Sure will accommodate you below.

-----

-----

PM's regarding the chips included a range of people from HF types:

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:35:08 PM

Gotta news guys! Smiley

(i'm sorry for the guy/hf who removed the thread just one second after, for whatever reason it was, but i'm gonna share it anyway).

It starts with an email from Google:

That leads to an empty thread:

But the power of Google is unstoppable:

That leads us to:

As i told you, 550GH/chip.

Now shipping.

That, or it was a throwaway puppet from HF to prove that they are shipping, either way, they are or they want us to believe that they are shipping.

(and somehow they are too afraid to just tell us directly?)

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:52:58 PM

Probably the most interesting thing is that he received them on a Saturday and that he is using the european server of pool, so he is probably from the Europe, that matches with the "i'm gonna out for a party".

Yet, the first one in the order chain with specifically 2 BJ is order #9, so if they started shipping following the order chain, US customers should have already reported them. It's interesting anyway.

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:42:08 PM

Gotta news guys! Smiley

(i'm sorry for the guy/hf who removed the thread just one second after, for whatever reason it was, but i'm gonna share it anyway).

It starts with an email from Google:

good work!
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:52:02 PM

Hmm, heavily cropped images, shil account. Anyone seen a picture like that of bjs though? The content doesn't look photoshopped together, not with the USB drives on top... But hf would be bouncing off the walls if they shipped anything, and not forcing people into refunds...
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:08:14 PM

Probably the most interesting thing is that he received them on a Saturday and that he is using the european server of pool, so he is probably from the Europe, that matches with the "i'm gonna out for a party".

Yet, the first one in the order chain with specifically 2 BJ is order #9, so if they started shipping following the order chain, US customers should have already reported them. It's interesting anyway.

Heh, it's so obviously a shill account it's not even funny.  Who spends $50k worth of bitcoin on something worthless and is then happy about it to the point where they call people legitimately complaining "vile children" (and then deletes the post)

I basically called it on these guys as scammers as soon as they started asking for money - it started with that "gridfinity" guy asking for $500k up front with a plagiarized image of a Google data center, without specifying anything about the chips - not even their performance. Then, they switched to selling to the 'little guy' (easier scam target) their scam became super obvious, especially when they were claiming they would ship in October, but put the end of December in their TOS.

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:11:12 PM

Hmm, heavily cropped images, shil account. Anyone seen a picture like that of bjs though? The content doesn't look photoshopped together, not with the USB drives on top... But hf would be bouncing off the walls if they shipped anything, and not forcing people into refunds...

why?

$-refunds are not a bad thing for HF at all. a delivered bj with additional mpp is valued way higher than those $ one could get from HF through refunds.

nevertheless i think its pretty obv that its a legal thing. most likely their laywers advised them to stay completly silent as every statement of them could be held against them in court.
so all they do is just shipping and not talking anymore.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:47:07 PM

Not on  a retail sale preorder. Also, nobody signed that right away. They had an obligation to notify customers of the delay and offer refunds if requested, not put their own limits on those refunds. Read the FTC rules quoted oh so many times in this thread.

So which is it?  Forced Refunds or the The Law (tm)?  You can't have it both ways. Stop being a hypocrite.*

* Not just directed at RickJamesBTC, but everyone else who is picking and choosing to call it "Forced Refunds" when it suits your complaint and "The Law" when it doesn't.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:54:26 PM

Ok, i'm gonna give it a try.

Josh, did people who ordered paying with USD received a letter with a refund check?
Why the answer is not, and why it instead happened with people who ordered paying with BTC, regardless of whatever they asked for a refund or not?

Any clue?

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:00:20 PM

Why you gotta quote me to make your point, now my quote is going to get bounced around as your post gets quoted and mocked, when I made valid points! You know exactly why people have a lot of problems with this refund policy, as there is quite a lot of evidence that shows hashfast promised to return btc paid if they failed to deliver. They have failed to deliver, and mailing checks in some random amount is not akin to offering a complete refund. The customer isn't made whole. I agree, and I've called people out on it before, that there are a few hypocrits who only want btc refunds when they come up in the situation, vs usd refunds when btc is down. However, the responsibility to make the customer whole lies with hf, and any company which lies to, abuses, and steals from its customers while making false or deceitful statements should be attacked with lawsuits and bad press. The only way to keep more scum companies from taking loans from customers without warning, failing to ship products for months or years, is to make it painful for a company that tries.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:06:23 PM

But hf would be bouncing off the walls if they shipped anything, and not forcing people into refunds...
This is why that post doesn't make any sense imho.

I was thinking that they would have waited until the 25th of this month and ship the whole first and second batch in one day, in order to maximise the number of cashed checks to lower their legal liabilities, spreading fear trough their silence on the forums in the meanwhile.

But it naturally conflicts with what happend. It's also true that if it wasn't for Google, no one would have read that post. It's an interesting element, that's for sure.

Airwhale

Activity: 221

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:45:45 PM

Not on  a retail sale preorder. Also, nobody signed that right away. They had an obligation to notify customers of the delay and offer refunds if requested, not put their own limits on those refunds. Read the FTC rules quoted oh so many times in this thread.

So which is it?  Forced Refunds or the The Law (tm)?  You can't have it both ways. Stop being a hypocrite.*

* Not just directed at RickJamesBTC, but everyone else who is picking and choosing to call it "Forced Refunds" when it suits your complaint and "The Law" when it doesn't.

I'm not a Hashfast customer, so maybe I'm not following this as closely as you, Josh.  But the CEO of Hashfast made a promise that refunds would be in BTC,  or at least heavily implied it so that any reasonable person (or judge) would interpret that to be true.  So people want their refunds according to the terms that Hashfast set.  So it seems reasonable that the people who ordered from Hashfast would want their BTC back,  or else to hold Hashfast libel under tort law.  To give refunds back in USD and not BTC is misrepresentation.

I don't see any inconsistencies or hypocrisy here?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 07:47:09 PM

Ok, i'm gonna give it a try.

Josh, did people who ordered paying with USD received a letter with a refund check?
Why the answer is not, and why it instead happened with people who ordered paying with BTC, regardless of whatever they asked for a refund or not?

Any clue?

I have no idea what is going on inside Hashfast or what it all means.  I'm simply pointing out the complete hypocracy of a large majority of this thread and calling for an end to it. (haha yeah like that'll happen!) Be consistent and logical when you pose your arguments.  Posing these contradictory arguments for and against something only undermine your case. A lawyer would have no problem digging up all this useless blabber and using it in a defense against Hashfast to show that the plaintiffs are nothing but immature temper tantrum throwers.

Why you gotta quote me to make your point, now my quote is going to get bounced around as your post gets quoted and mocked, when I made valid points! You know exactly why people have a lot of problems with this refund policy, as there is quite a lot of evidence that shows hashfast promised to return btc paid if they failed to deliver. They have failed to deliver, and mailing checks in some random amount is not akin to offering a complete refund. The customer isn't made whole. I agree, and I've called people out on it before, that there are a few hypocrits who only want btc refunds when they come up in the situation, vs usd refunds when btc is down. However, the responsibility to make the customer whole lies with hf, and any company which lies to, abuses, and steals from its customers while making false or deceitful statements should be attacked with lawsuits and bad press. The only way to keep more scum companies from taking loans from customers without warning, failing to ship products for months or years, is to make it painful for a company that tries.

You haven't made any valid points with regards to you (and those following your same flawed logic) being a hypocrite.  You claim on one day it's required by the FTC and then the next day claim it's a "Force Refund" like it was against your will. 

BFL had to deal with this and I find it exceptionally egregious, but up until now, I had no solid case evidence for the hypocritical nature of the whiners and complainers... now I do.  BFL offered full refunds without question up until we started shipping. At that time, we forced everyone to either opt-in, by having to login to their account, read the agreement and then click that they accept the agreement that there would be no further refunds... If they failed to do so or disagreed, they would be given a refund.  After more than a month (almost two!), we stopped refunds.  Now BFL is villified for not giving refunds, even though we offered them unconditionally for months and then forced people to agree to no refunds before their order would proceed.  So now we have people screaming and crying about the FTC regulations (which they obviously don't understand, but we'll leave that for a different discussion.) and how BFL is required to give refunds.  Now we have Hashfast, who is forcing those self same refunds on people and people are crying and screaming about Forced Refunds.

This just demonstrates that it was absolutely, unequivocally the right decision by BFL on how we handled the situation. 

TL;DR: No matter what a company does, there will always be the whiners and criers about how it's done... that being said, it's best to do what's good for the continued existence of the company. If you're going to have to deal with the disgruntled people no matter what, then keep the company a float so you can handle the problems instead of going out of business trying to satisfy the unsatisfiable.  I believe that's what might be happening with Hashfast right now - they are doing the best they can in a really crappy situation.  Maybe I'm completely off base and incorrect about it, but having been on both sides of the equation now, that's what it looks like to me.  But that is purely my opinion.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:50:30 PM

A lawyer would have no problem digging up all this useless blabber and using it in a defense against Hashfast to show that the plaintiffs are nothing but immature temper tantrum throwers.
I love this guy. You really can't answer without contradicting yourself in the same phrase, can you?

Pages: « 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 [370] 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: