Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ?  (Read 5047 times)
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:34:13 PM

Bitcoin can be used by criminals. But so does fiat currencies like the USD and other currencies.

People having the mindset that bitcoin is being used by criminals and should be banned is heavily flawed. Cooking knives are also being used by criminals, or specifically murderers to kill, but does it mean that knives should be banned? No. Because knives aren't made for that purpose. Same with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
First of all I don’t think so that bitcoin will be used in crime but if it’s using in crime so it’s not good because bitcoin is very peaceful currency in market and its helping every single person around the world it’s also very good for countries because its reducing unemployment and playing a role in their economy also so there is no need to use bitcoin in crime if you start hard work here so believe me you can earn a lot of money from here it’s very easy to earn money from bitcoin .
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:37:09 PM

Maybe not because bitcoins can trace if some do criminals for that
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 06:43:21 PM

anything that has value can be traded. for criminals, anonimity is their prioty when doing their illegal transactions. they don't care if the value plunges as long as they can't be traced easily. that's why bitcoin was used by these criminals.

icoprofits

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:49:08 PM

banks are media want to show bitcoin is used by criminals just to deviate the topic in criminal angel
ShadyMash
Copper Member

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

https://wesp.io

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 06:55:06 PM

Bitcoin is really great thing happen to this world.But people are different.some people use this for good things while some are for bad things.and don't forget fiat currencies also use by terrorists.its up to people.we can't change people.if we using bitcoin for good things,nothing to worry.so don'y blame to bitcoin

jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:58:36 PM

I do not understand illegal sites accepting Bitcoin or criminals or ransomware taking their payments in Bitcoin makes Bitcoin bad. I mean they are using it for a long period of time and only because Bitcoin is a new technology they are taking advantage of it that doesn't mean Bitcoin is bad. Bitcoin is just another form of currency so it depends on us how we use it. And by the way criminals have used great cards and banks for there demands and now they are using Bitcoin. Also dark web are running because people are going there.
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:00:59 PM

What you say is totally grounded. Because the Bitcoin transaction is anonymous, it is easy to be exploited by criminals as well as by organizations and individuals with a bad reputation. It is also a limitation of Bitcoin that needs to be addressed in the future, otherwise, Bitcoin will suffer a lot of hurdles from governments as well as people who use it, as they may inadvertently provide help. Criminals use Bitcoin to trade with each other.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:14:07 PM

The real  criminals are the one's printing fiat, collecting taxes and sellings weapons around the world.
+1

The answer to OP's question is simple and easy. Yes, it is used by criminals, just like any other thing.
Do you believe that criminals don't drink water, eat pizza, have sex, live in houses, wear clothes?
Let's ban all of that to make their lives more miserable!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jevee

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

★SportyCo★ decentralized sports invest

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:17:36 PM

yes bitcoin can definetly be used for criminal activities. for example bitcoin is used on the dark web where you can buy ilegal things

SportyCo - Decentralized sports investment & funding ecosystem
Announcement | Telegram | SportyCo.io
Coinmarketcap
shouter

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:23:50 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
Very good your exposition on this question. I know some people who use facts similar to these to not believe in Bitcoin, and I will use the phrases that you expose (positive points greater than negative points) to try to change the opinion of these people. Unhappily there are always bad people who have made use of mechanisms that have great public use for carrying out illegal actions.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:01:38 PM

The vast majority of them were bitcoins, the main or only method of payment. The most popular commodity for which we will pay BTC is, of course, drugs. Often much more expensive than obtained independently on the street, but as stated in the report: it is a purchase in white gloves. Interestingly, the research also found offers of hacker groups that, for the equivalent of USD 2,500, promised to break the desired anonymity of the chosen user and provide us with his full personal details.
Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:05:16 PM

To answer this question, you must first determine the concept of crime. Criminals are ordinary people who commit acts that violate the law. Therefore, the question can be restated - do ordinary people use bitcoin? Yes, they do.
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:17:38 PM

Every person are allowed to use bitcoin, even the criminals. Bitcoins has no limitations on whom person were allowed. Even a common people who has the money to invest on it.

Yes everyone has the right to use bitcoin and we can not forbid people to use bitcoins for anything. Even though bitcoib is being used for crime it is the wrong thing, but what can we do to prevent it? Indeed, using bitcoin is the same as using money, if we have we can buy for anything if we rule out the right and wrong.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:20:34 PM

Every person are allowed to use bitcoin, even the criminals. Bitcoins has no limitations on whom person were allowed. Even a common people who has the money to invest on it.

Yes everyone has the right to use bitcoin and we can not forbid people to use bitcoins for anything. Even though bitcoib is being used for crime it is the wrong thing, but what can we do to prevent it? Indeed, using bitcoin is the same as using money, if we have we can buy for anything if we rule out the right and wrong.
Yes i ahree on that everyone has really a right to use bitcoin and it has really no requirements so then even the criminal can really use bitcoin in crime bitcoin really really open to all kinds of people around the globe and it is really getting popular each day because people really wanted to have it because of its  price and value that how trend bitcoin is.
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:47:10 PM

Yes i ahree on that everyone has really a right to use bitcoin and it has really no requirements so then even the criminal can really use bitcoin in crime bitcoin really really open to all kinds of people around the globe and it is really getting popular each day because people really wanted to have it because of its  price and value that how trend bitcoin is.
As they say today the world goes together. Thus, the criminal I have already started using High Technology for my criminal activity point And also even corrupt officials, To avoid punishment, take bribes for crypto currency. For such people, crypto currency is quite a convenient means of enrichment.
semutracing

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:53:29 PM

I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet.begitu also with bitcoin which also used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

There have been a lot of instances wherein Bitcoins were used for Frauds etc. You can actually check the Scam Accusations and Reputation section of this forum to see the ways of how they utilize cryptocurrency to get money. Since Bitcoin transactions is irreversible, it's easy for them to get the money and just run away. There is no way for governments to go after the criminal since it's not yet regulated in some countries.

everyone can use bitcoin not only good people, criminals can also use bitcoin for crime such as money laundering.
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:01:29 PM

Criminals are dropping bitcoin in favor of other digital currencies that are harder for law enforcement to use in tracking activities in an anonymous corner of the internet known as the dark web.
stoque09

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:02:05 PM

it is used as usual money is and as internet was used in the 90's until today. always , good things will be used for bad things by bad people.
MGmahesh

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:21:05 PM

In response, I think a program that can detect a crime in this bitcoin transaction so that the crime can be minimized and give narrow space for the perpetrators, so that good people will not get carried away badly because of the criminals who abuse bitcoin.
al.nechiporuk

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:24:41 PM

Everyone says a lot about bitcoin - it's anonymity and it's cool, I agree it's important. But still, there are people who use bitcoin for criminal purposes. That's why many countries adopt different laws, because they do not know how to deal with crime.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: