Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:30:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628608 times)
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:08:50 PM

Dear KrakenTrader and Yunus,

Are you employees of Kraken or just plain idiots? - please feel insulted. My brain is in physical pain while I read your messages.

If the guy has problems with Kraken let him speak. Do not try to intimidate him with bitcointalk code of conduct.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giorgos-pap

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:13:19 PM

I do not want to lose my right to talk because I am furious with Kraken.
I respect the forum and all the community and I want to inform and protect the community... but I hope to understand me
KrakenTrader

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:19:24 PM

Are you employees of Kraken or just plain idiots? - please feel insulted. My brain is in physical pain while I read your messages.

If the guy has problems with Kraken let him speak. Do not try to intimidate him with bitcointalk code of conduct.

Hi Loozik,

would you mind explaining in a few words what exactly caused that physical pain you said your brain is in ?
After all I can't see anything what I have written so far would hurt anyone.

Thanks

mithrandi

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 01:37:45 PM

I do not want to lose my right to talk because I am furious with Kraken.
I respect the forum and all the community and I want to inform and protect the community... but I hope to understand me

The point is that name-calling etc. doesn't actually accomplish anything except obscure any real issues. I don't think giorgios-pap should be discouraged from complaining about their difficulties with Kraken, but calling someone a liar is actually a fairly serious accusation, especially when they're speaking on behalf of Kraken. This leads to either one of two cases: 1) serious accusations being thrown around with no proof, causing undeserved damage to the reputation of either the accuser or the accused, or 2) an environment in which these sort of accusations are not taken seriously. I don't think either of these is what anyone here actually wants.

To credit the account, the deposit information will have to be entered into our system manually - the person who needs to do this has been extremely busy, but still that's no excuse.
Please note that the process that Dargo describes here would appear to be a process that manually bypasses their normal systems for crediting a deposit (which would happen through their API interface with their bank). This type of manual process is something I would assume requires access to their systems that only a few key individuals (or only one, in Kraken's case?) have; you don't want all of your employees being able to arbitrarily credit fake deposits to accounts, after all. I think the explanation as given is believable, although I'm sure Dargo will be the first to acknowledge that the massive delays so far represent an unacceptable level of service. Hopefully, now that they've identified this shortcoming of their processes, they can take steps to improve their processes in future.

(Disclaimer: I have a Kraken account which I trade with; other than this, I have no affiliation or involvement with Kraken at all)

giorgos-pap

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:47:55 PM

You will see in the future if I was right about Kraken. I hope not to be but I tried to inform the community.

I was going to say "with the greatest of respect" but I don't really mean that as you haven't shown any respect either for other Kraken users who've had no trouble whatsoever with deposits or withdrawals who've tried to help and you certainly haven't shown any respect to the hard-working folks at Kraken who'd actually have more time in their day to address the issues you and others raise if they didn't have to deal with your thinly-veiled repetitive fear-mongering that Kraken is going to somehow collapse just because your particular issues aren't addressed immediately.

Let me assure you that if Kraken does disappear, if you think that popping up and pointing to your crappy post I quoted above and saying, "Look, I told you so," is going to make you look good, let me put you straight right away and tell you it won't. People are already sick to death of you whining that probably nothing you can say is going to endear you to people, so it's about time you stopped pretending that anything you are doing is some type of service to 'the community', because it's not. You're just blowing your own horn and it's about time you shut the fuck up.

Angry

Dear friend,
   before I published my problem to the forum I tried to solve it with Kraken's support and Dargo. After 22 days, with more than 20 personal messages between me and Dargo I did not find a solution (even that they accept the problem).
I hope you will never lose 2500 euros in Kraken but if something like that happened in the future, you will understand me.
If there is no problem from Dargo, I can publish all the personal messages between me and Dargo and I can show you the official answer from my bank about my remittance and when the money credited to Kraken's account. 
I try to find a solution. I am sure for one thing only... something is strange with all these ridiculous excuses.
Please do not insult me, because I can prove everything I said....
KrakenTrader

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:57:41 PM

To credit the account, the deposit information will have to be entered into our system manually - the person who needs to do this has been extremely busy, but still that's no excuse.
Please note that the process that Dargo describes here would appear to be a process that manually bypasses their normal systems for crediting a deposit (which would happen through their API interface with their bank). This type of manual process is something I would assume requires access to their systems that only a few key individuals (or only one, in Kraken's case?) have; you don't want all of your employees being able to arbitrarily credit fake deposits to accounts, after all. I think the explanation as given is believable, although I'm sure Dargo will be the first to acknowledge that the massive delays so far represent an unacceptable level of service. Hopefully, now that they've identified this shortcoming of their processes, they can take steps to improve their processes in future.

(Disclaimer: I have a Kraken account which I trade with; other than this, I have no affiliation or involvement with Kraken at all)

Exactly mithrandi, I have to agree on what you are stating. Dargo's explanation sounds logical and believable enough, and there is no reason to assume he is making up something.
I especially agree with the point Dargo made about to wait until FIBOR fixes the current API dis-functionality on it's backend, instead of messing around with manual deposit/withdrawal processing.
Manual processing would certainly lead to a significant number of human errors, which would cause more/longer delays, and as we know - there is not enough support staff to handle that in a timely manner.

Dargo keeps us informed which is great. As he is in direct contact with Kraken clients in this forum, he is in a position to transmit important info's from clients to kraken management / departments.
Let's help him in the best possible way, as this helps all of us.

((Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Kraken.com - I do have a trading account and use that - so I am a client of Kraken as most of us are.))
giorgos-pap

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:59:24 PM

UPDATE

Kraken just credit my account. I am sorry but I had to publish my problem because it was the only way to find a solution. I also tried to inform you because I believe in transparency. I hope to be the last person with such a problem. I am afraid I will not be...
I do not change my mind about Kraken.
Thank you all for your support (including Dargo).
mithrandi

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 02:04:41 PM

UPDATE

Kraken just credit my account. I am sorry but I had to publish my problem because it was the only way to find a solution. I also tried to inform you because I believe in transparency. I hope to be the last person with such a problem. I am afraid I will not be...

I'm glad to hear that your problem was resolved (finally). I just want to reiterate that it is definitely important that people publish issues like this, so that the community at a large is aware of what's happening with some users; I don't think you should feel bad about informing people of your problems (as long as the conclusion is also published, as you've done here).

Loozik

Activity: 378

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:07:09 PM

Hi Loozik,

would you mind explaining in a few words what exactly caused that physical pain you said your brain is in ?

No problem in explaining: you sound like Kraken's claqueur:

However - Kraken I need to tell you - that's simply awesome. Thank you for excellent service.

I am glad to see, Kraken is getting some well deserved recognition by bitcoin people around the globe.

KrakenTrader

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:08:30 PM

UPDATE

@giorgos-pap

I am glad Kraken credited your account with  2.5k Euro.
Well I would call this good news. Isn't it all about communication ?
Dargo - well done !!!
KrakenTrader

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:38:04 PM

Hi Loozik,

No problem in explaining: you sound like Kraken's claqueur:

@Loozik

The impression is deceptive.

I am a client of Kraken, I brought in lots of clients and stay in contact with them.
I want Kraken to be successful, as I can see its professional approach -

Kraken can make it to the number ONE exchange, by

• sorting out current hick-ups,
  • improved processing of error handling (deposits/withdrawals delays)
  • carefully choose/train additional trustful staff with permission to handle withdrawal/deposit support requests
  • developing a professional customer care service.

... there is more to do, but working on above points makes already a difference.

eMiz0r

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:55:35 PM

The status from my withdrawal last saturday has been changed to "sent" this morning and I just verified I recieved it into my bankaccount.

Thanks Dargo for your patience and clear communication. Kraken should be lucky with people/employees like you Smiley I think you avoided a little growing crisis in Kraken or maybe even BTC land.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:52:20 PM

UPDATE

I'm glad your account is finally credited giorgos, and again I apologize for everything you have gone through to get your money. I absolutely defend your right to publish your problem in this thread and I think everyone is glad you did.

We owe you our thanks because you helped us discover a source of missing deposits. After checking our bank account directly, we've found 7 more cases like yours (deposits credited to our account, but not reflected in our system). So 7 others are going to be very happy because of you. And more will be saved from grief in the future now that we've discovered (and fixed) this issue. I'm embarrassed that we had this issue in the first place, but also happy because it's progress in the right direction.  

I too believe in transparency and I practice it everyday in this thread. I've been transparent with you about the situation with your deposit, but I understand your suspicion. When it comes to your money, I think it's hard not to be suspicious when it goes missing for 22 days. So it's unfortunate that we've lost your trust, but I understand your position.    
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:55:08 PM

I should just say thanks to Kraken for sorting a problem, the funds withdrawn to my hsbc (which hsbc refused) bank shower of idiots, have been credited back to my Kraken account.
those funds and most recent btc sell funds are now in process to my other bank.

best wishes

R

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:10:07 PM

It seems one of my deposits are on hold, does anyone know what is the max daily deposit amount in euro?

Thanks, I'm tier 3. It says the max daily deposit is $20,000.00. I'm still a good bit under the equivalent of that in Euro. Strange that it displays these figures in dollars as it as predominantly Euro exchange.
two of my 4 deposits are on hold, too. The other 2 went throuhg. And no, I'm not at any limit.
So why they are on hold?

If you still have this issue, please make a ticket and PM me with the ticket number.
Yunus

Activity: 244

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:11:43 PM

I am also very glad that your problem (and that of seven others) got sorted, Giorgios

RE my earlier appeal to 'forum etiquette', I wasn't trying to silence or intimidate anyone. Of course a thread like
this one is pointless if people are not allowed to speak their mind. I was only trying to say that name-calling and such may not be the most
helpful things to do in situations in which one is frustrated, but I guess mithrandi drove the point home.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:30:51 PM

I am also very glad that your problem (and that of seven others) got sorted, Giorgios

RE my earlier appeal to 'forum etiquette', I wasn't trying to silence or intimidate anyone. Of course a thread like
this one is pointless if people are not allowed to speak their mind. I was only trying to say that name-calling and such may not be the most
helpful things to do in situations in which one is frustrated, but I guess mithrandi drove the point home.

i love it, who wouldn't enjoy reading a bunch of geeks with no social skills throwing names at each other. IMO better than television.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
timbusan

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:22:28 PM

In the interests of transparency as noted by another user I feel I should bring to the community's attention my experience with Kraken so far.

I have been awaiting a SEPA withdrawal for 2 months and despite continued (if ad hoc) contact with support I appear no closer to receiving it. This is my second SEPA withdrawal (the first actioned without incident) and I was told that the problem lay with me putting my bank's name rather than my own name on the transfer form. Fair enough, if that is indeed what I did. (although why the first SEPA made it through and this didn't I am not sure).

After a lengthy investigation, Fidor Bank confirmed that they had found the money and they would send it again. I am told that they sent it a few weeks ago but surprisingly it has not turned up, and now we are involved in another nebulous 'investigation'. I do not understand why Kraken appears to have such poor communication with their German bank that they are unable to resolve this issue within a satisfactory amount of time.

I will say; support is cordial but is often very slow to respond. I generally have a favourable opinion of Kraken however I think it serves us all to remember that all is not what it seems with this industry and exchanges (mt.Gox and Bitcoin 24 for example - both of which have burnt me in the past) aren't always as honest as they appear. I welcome any resolution from Kraken staff and hope this serves as food for thought for any prospective customers.
matuszed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:18:42 PM

I wrote up a python class for trading on Kraken,  I've been using it for a few months. 

No documentation sorry Sad

https://github.com/matuszed/kraken/

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
Avalaxy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:54:56 PM

I wrote up a python class for trading on Kraken,  I've been using it for a few months. 

No documentation sorry Sad

https://github.com/matuszed/kraken/

What was wrong with the existing one? https://github.com/veox/krakenex

See https://www.kraken.com/help/api#example-api-code-python

BTC: 1BvzHyU2WnxtVYbUZYdQ6RExwLUZTfBN1K
LTC: LfoPTEEyhdRHn8Sob8tu1iLz8AjVpvAXa4
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: