Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:13:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628607 times)
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:20:08 PM

@ BTChap:
I think it's no longer possible to change USD into EUR:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg5437420#msg5437420

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcash

Activity: 968
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:04:34 PM

We've thought about it, but not in a serious way yet. The immediate plan is to get better support presence in Europe. Even though we are primarily a Euro/European exchange at the moment, we do plan on being big in USD/US as well (eventually  Tongue).
Well that is at least something. Thanks for the answer.

Any thoughts about the Maker-Taker model or promotion discounts for large (comparatively) traders? At the moment it is not easy to sell/buy large amounts (>10 BTC).
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:50:29 PM

Well technically i didn't ask to get it done, i asked how to do it.
I got given an answer that wasn't exactly what i was looking for but nevermind that, it's only a point of detail.

If i ask custommer support to convert USD to EUR on my account, this would be done? How come there isn't a possibility for me to do it myself, or eventually, as on Bitstamp, to get USD converted and send to my account?

Idea is to get to know exactly how much of each i'm exchanging.
Somehting like :
"amount to convert: USD 100
Amount converted :  €75
Click here to proceed"

No fees would be best of course Tongue

The conversion was just a special one-time thing. See links below for explanation. I'm not sure if we can offer conversion like this as a permanent service, but if so, it's something we'll consider doing sometime in the future.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg5255098#msg5255098

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg5375021#msg5375021

Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:33:41 PM

Well technically i didn't ask to get it done, i asked how to do it.
I got given an answer that wasn't exactly what i was looking for but nevermind that, it's only a point of detail.

If i ask custommer support to convert USD to EUR on my account, this would be done? How come there isn't a possibility for me to do it myself, or eventually, as on Bitstamp, to get USD converted and send to my account?

Idea is to get to know exactly how much of each i'm exchanging.
Somehting like :
"amount to convert: USD 100
Amount converted :  €75
Click here to proceed"

No fees would be best of course Tongue

The conversion was just a special one-time thing. See links below for explanation. I'm not sure if we can offer conversion like this as a permanent service, but if so, it's something we'll consider doing sometime in the future.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg5255098#msg5255098

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg5375021#msg5375021

Perhaps add a EUR/USD pair to the exchange? You can act as market maker when you want to offer a conversion and let the market sort itself out otherwise.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:03:59 PM

Any thoughts about the Maker-Taker model or promotion discounts for large (comparatively) traders? At the moment it is not easy to sell/buy large amounts (>10 BTC).

I think we need to do more to promote liquidity. I'll have to check on the thinking about a maker-taker model and other promotional offers, since it hasn't been discussed in a while.
bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:59:17 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 02:10:53 AM by bahamapascal

Hi there, some one told me that karken is the A1 exchange to go with, so I opened a account the other day and verified my account up to tire 2 yesterday.

Unfortunately I now changed to the status "pe-verified", if I understand it correctly that means that my country isn't supported by kraken, right?
Is there any ETA when Paraguay will get supported by kraken?

Edit: Never mind, reading my "Account for Kraken confirmed" email, it seems that I have to complete tire 3 verification, as just tire 2 verification is not supported for Paraguay.
Theta's great news, uploading the documents as I write Smiley
kendo451

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:33:38 AM

I've been waiting to get my money out of Kraken since January 24th.  After two failed USD Withdrawal attempts I was advised by the management to convert my balance to Euros because the Euro wires go out lickety split.  So I did that, and have now been waiting two weeks for a Euro bank wire that still hasn't been sent.  I opened a support ticket and was advised this is the fault of FIDOR Bank which is still processing the outbound bank wires for February, and if I'm lucky my wire will be sent by the end of March.

On the board here we've seen lots of examples of people in the SEPA area whose wires come in and out of Kraken in a reasonable time (less than three business days).

From this I conclude that Kraken has had serious problems with their US and European bank when it comes to processing bank wires outside of SEPA, but the SEPA interface must be automated.

Since my EURO withdrawal is to a bank outside the SEPA area, it is being processed by hand by the bank, and there is clearly a backlog of several weeks in processing those outbound wires.

Kraken advertises on their site "fast deposits and withdrawals".  I feel that given their abysmal record on that point, they should remove that claim because it is dishonest to claim "fast deposits and withdrawals" when withdrawals outside of SEPA will take weeks.

If Kraken can only deliver good service in the European Union then perhaps they should limit their customers to the European Union or else make it exceedingly clear on their site that deposits and withdrawals from outside the EU may take weeks to months to be processed.

gonenutty

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:01:12 AM

Hi there,
could someone please take a look at my support ticket i opened some days ago. I have a withdraw transaction stuck on status "send" for over three days now. My ticket number is 22293.

Thank you!
bebouill

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:17:42 AM

kraken on hold my litecoin last 7 days. I'm desperate i really need my momey
ticket : 22083 and 22489
Bonio

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:14:05 AM

After I got shafted by Gox I turned to Kraken, posts like this are a bit worrying. Is there a reliable European exchange?

Yunus

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:53:14 PM

@bebouill and gonenutty:

Sorry for the delay. Ok, I'll make sure that these get assigned to agents ASAP

@kendo451:
I agree, wires to Non-SEPA countries have taken way too long and there is currently a backlog. I am really sorry for the long delay. It is of course a top priority to solve this issue but right now we can't say by when it will be tackled.

@Bonio:
I think I am not lying if I say that many users are very satisfied, other are (understandably) concerned or upset. Maybe you should give it a try?  Wink
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:24:40 PM

Dargo? Yunus?
could you please direct a support member to my ticket  (22132),  it's the "deposit on hold" thing, because I sent the same amount twice. I already sent a screenshot of my transfers so you could solve this in one minute.
Unfortunately I'm waiting since saturday for an answer to my ticket =/

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Bonio

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:54:12 PM

Yunus
I am trying it, and have been since Gox shafted me. I am concerned however that people are having to come here for help.

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:56:25 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 08:27:35 PM by Serpens66

Yunus
I am trying it, and have been since Gox shafted me. I am concerned however that people are having to come here for help.
just ask other people from your country, if they have deposit/withdrawal issues on kraken, which are permanent. In some countires/with several banks there are permanent issues. But for the most users everything is fine most of the time ^^
At the moment it's this annoying bug that you can't deposit the same amount during 3days...

I think there are only two problems with kraken:
1. low volume (will get better and better)
2. very slow support on bank transfer problems  

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:00:53 PM

kraken on hold my litecoin last 7 days. I'm desperate i really need my momey
ticket : 22083 and 22489

bebouill - we're sorry about this, but if you go over your deposit limit, it's going to be a major inconvenience. I'm checking on your case and we'll get it released as soon as possible.  
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:02:07 PM

Hi there,
could someone please take a look at my support ticket i opened some days ago. I have a withdraw transaction stuck on status "send" for over three days now. My ticket number is 22293.

Thank you!

An agent replied to your ticket.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:23:23 PM

Dargo? Yunus?
could you please direct a support member to my ticket  (22132),  it's the "deposit on hold" thing, because I sent the same amount twice. I already sent a screenshot of my transfers so you could solve this in one minute.

Hi Serpens - Your deposit has been released. Sorry about the delay, it was entirely my fault because I missed the screenshot you sent.

Just to clarify, if two or more deposits in the same amount arrive to a user's account within 3 days of each other, all but one of them will be put on hold until we can confirm that they are distinct deposits. So, for example, if 3 deposits of exactly 500 euros arrive to your account within 3 days of each other, two of them will be put on hold. This isn't a bug, but a precaution we've implemented to guard against the possibility of duplicate deposits (where a single deposit is credited to an account more than once). We did have some cases of duplicate deposits a while back. It was an issue with Fidor that has been corrected, but for the time being we have an additional safety protocol on our side as a precaution. The safety protocol will be relaxed later, but for now we're being very careful.

To avoid triggering this safety mechanism, we advise that any deposits sent within 5 business days of each other (or perhaps even more to be extra safe) should be in differnt amounts. As I've said before, it's wise with all bank transfers to send different amounts, even for deposits sent within weeks of each other, so that's it's easier to distinguish the transfers (say if a trace has to be run on one of them).

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:31:50 PM

Dargo? Yunus?

Hi Serpens - Your deposit has been released. Sorry about the delay, it was entirely my fault because I missed the screenshot you sent.

Just to clarify, if two or more deposits in the same amount arrive to a user's account within 3 days of each other, all but one of them will be put on hold until we can confirm that they are distinct deposits. So, for example, if 3 deposits of exactly 500 euros arrive to your account within 3 days of each other, two of them will be put on hold. This isn't a bug, but a precaution we've implemented to guard against the possibility of duplicate deposits (where a single deposit is credited to an account more than once). We did have some cases of duplicate deposits a while back. It was an issue with Fidor that has been corrected, but for the time being we have an additional safety protocol on our side as a precaution. The safety protocol will be relaxed later, but for now we're being very careful.

To avoid triggering this safety mechanism, we advise that any deposits sent within 5 business days of each other (or perhaps even more to be extra safe) should be in differnt amounts. As I've said before, it's wise with all bank transfers to send different amounts, even for deposits sent within weeks of each other, so that's it's easier to distinguish the transfers (say if a trace has to be run on one of them).

thanks...
You should add this to the deposit information. Im very sure that you have and will have alot of tickets just because of this protection. Your support staff is overloaded already, so do everything that helps to avoid this. And of course the first answer of the support should be "you can send me a screenshot..", because it saves alot of time... and of course it should not take 5 days for an answer to a ticket.

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:20:01 AM

Hi Everyone - Here's an update on bank transfers through Fidor.

Wire withdrawals: This has been an ongoing problem area, with many users experiencing delays of several weeks to over a month (regardless of bank, country, etc.). We're very sorry for the delays. Wire withdrawals require special (i.e. manual) handling for Fidor and they got behind in processing them (Fidor is a small but rapidly growing bank and struggling somewhat with the rate of growth - a situation that we at Kraken are familiar with).

We got an update from Fidor today saying that all outstanding wire withdrawals should have been sent as of March 12th. So wire withdrawals are on their way, but please allow at least 3 business days for them to arrive. Now that they are caught up, Fidor has said that they will do their best to process wire withdrawals in a timely manner. Even so, we are going to raise our estimate for delivery of wire withdrawals to 10 business days and we will monitor the situation in case this estimate needs to be revised.

Less than 3% of our bank transfers are wires, and we highly recommend that users in the EU/EFTA choose SEPA unless their bank is one of the few remaining that doesn't have SEPA enabled yet. But for those who don't have a SEPA option, we are not only working with Fidor, but also on other banking partnerships, to provide more options and better withdrawal service for you.   

All other bank transfers: Users are unlikely to experience a problem with wire deposits, SEPA deposits, or SEPA withdrawals. Setting aside wire withdrawals, our current outstanding tickets for delayed transfers represent less than 0.2% of all transfers processed since launch. But many of the users in this small fraction have been waiting an unacceptably long time to get their issue resolved, so there is a problem. Here also we are working with Fidor to speed the resolution of delayed payments.

One thing we'd like to stress is that in the case of delayed deposits, your sending bank is a resource that should be exploited as much as possible. It's standard in the banking industry that the sending bank is responsible for tracing deposits (because the receiving bank has no way of knowing the path by which the deposit is transferred). The basic procedure for delayed deposits is as follows. First, contact us and give us the information about your deposit that we request. We will then search our bank account in case we received the deposit but were unable to match it with your Kraken account. But once you hear back from us that we haven't been able to find the deposit in our account, please contact your bank and initiate an investigation request on the transfer. In the investigation, your bank should contact our bank. This is all explained by our support agents, but it's worth repeating here.

Overall, we are pleased with the level of service we've been able to provide through our partnership with Fidor. Many users have praised the SEPA transfers for their speed and reliability. But we recognize that there are some problem areas. We are deeply sorry for them and working hard to improve our service.           
bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:23:58 AM

Hi there, some one told me that karken is the A1 exchange to go with, so I opened a account the other day and verified my account up to tire 2 yesterday.

Unfortunately I now changed to the status "pe-verified", if I understand it correctly that means that my country isn't supported by kraken, right?
Is there any ETA when Paraguay will get supported by kraken?

Edit: Never mind, reading my "Account for Kraken confirmed" email, it seems that I have to complete tire 3 verification, as just tire 2 verification is not supported for Paraguay.
Theta's great news, uploading the documents as I write Smiley

Just want to report that I am really satisfied with kraken (so far)! Yesterday evening I uploaded my documents for verification and maybe 7 hours later when I woke up, I was already verified!
I then deposited some bitcoin, sold it and made a international withdraw (though with an intermediary bank in Germany)  and within two hours the withdraw status changed from "processing" to "send"!

Now after reading about this long delays I am a bit concerned, dose "send" mean that the fidora bank has send it or dose it mean that kraken made the request at fidora?
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: