Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:42:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:08:10 AM

Or the Technobit HEX8A1? To my knowledge, that was the first working A1 design to ship. Bitmine is now shipping. They have their queue all fubar, but they are shipping.

Apparently so is Dragon, which appear to be "unlicensed" A1 knockoffs. But initial reports look like pretty solid machines.

To date, though, the best company remains Bitmain. I do hope they're working on a next gen chip, since the Ants are such solid beasties.

Looking for the post now... I think I did reply, something about the voltage-regulation issues. They were using a raw link from the VR to the chip, and the PWM frequency of the VR was screwing with the chips operation. He added a decent capacitor and a resistor between the two, and that resolved some of the issue. The rest might have actually required an RF torrid choke. (I actually suggested a mini ultra-capacitor, which would have yielded pure constant voltage. Works better when the frequency changes on the VR chip. Requires no "tuning", which limits actual ability to the range of voltage/frequency of the cap/resistor combo you install.)

Still having trouble finding the post.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:36:05 AM

great looking boards Wink
[/quote]

i have absolutely no complaints with the boards.  They're solid.  Getting 42-45GH from each board without breaking a sweat.

case is nice.  It's metal with a nice paint job.  lol

controller is kinda nifty(Tp-Link M3200 or something, with the cover removed).

no name 300w psu.  so far so good

cheapo 7-port usb hub.  it works....for now.

some other cables that are dangling, and looked like they were meant to go to something else.  like the internal usb connection that goes nowhere. 

usb connectors on the front of the case are not hooked up, but the dangling usb connection doesnt look like it goes to them.  didnt have anythign else to hook up, so didnt think much of it.

you'd think it'd be easy to get all those parts assembled properly.  If it were actually tested, how does it get to me with a bad chip on one board, and both boards not hashing at the same time?
[/quote]
Sure dude these are technobit boards Wink

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:38:45 AM

Or the Technobit HEX8A1? To my knowledge, that was the first working A1 design to ship. Bitmine is now shipping. They have their queue all fubar, but they are shipping.

Apparently so is Dragon, which appear to be "unlicensed" A1 knockoffs. But initial reports look like pretty solid machines.

To date, though, the best company remains Bitmain. I do hope they're working on a next gen chip, since the Ants are such solid beasties.

Looking for the post now... I think I did reply, something about the voltage-regulation issues. They were using a raw link from the VR to the chip, and the PWM frequency of the VR was screwing with the chips operation. He added a decent capacitor and a resistor between the two, and that resolved some of the issue. The rest might have actually required an RF torrid choke. (I actually suggested a mini ultra-capacitor, which would have yielded pure constant voltage. Works better when the frequency changes on the VR chip. Requires no "tuning", which limits actual ability to the range of voltage/frequency of the cap/resistor combo you install.)

I would be surprised if they try to trade their left chips for oem machines like dragons or something and print their logo on them Grin I am wandering how many chips have they left because of their manufacturing process Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:54:13 AM

I would be surprised if they try to trade their left chips for oem machines like dragons or something and print their logo on them Grin I am wandering how many chips have they left because of their manufacturing process Grin

Enough for one machine they will paint it gold and add angels to it. It will hash at 1 PH and puts off so much heat you have to carry miner by the poles it's mounted on. It will be powered by the QI wireless standard.
If you attempt to open it for repairs it will melt the face of you and your Nazi friends. 

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:21:59 AM

Enough for one machine they will paint it gold and add angels to it. It will hash at 1 PH and puts off so much heat you have to carry miner by the poles it's mounted on. It will be powered by the QI wireless standard.
If you attempt to open it for repairs it will melt the face of you and your Nazi friends.

We'll call it the ARK.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:26:05 AM

We'll call it the ARK.

... But they've broken the covenant!
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:00:28 AM

We'll call it the ARK.

... But they've broken the covenant!

... and opened Pandora's box!
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:39:45 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 07:12:35 AM by ISAWHIM

Well Bitmine.ch (Coincraft) has delivered...

One guy got two already. (One with the original setup boards, and one bonus rig for the compensated MPP.)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=486808.msg5515598#msg5515598

AMT's deliveries should be arriving just around the corner...

However, There is some deep competition out there... China-guys selling A1 (defunct batches? first-runs? cheap supporting hardware? stolen chips?)

Those are the ones selling for about $3255 USD running at 1THs around 880Watts. (Sure those will show on ebay for about $12,000 USD soon too. lol.) http://www.lketc.com/goods/show-197.aspx
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:21:43 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 07:47:53 AM by loshia

Well Bitmine.ch (Coincraft) has delivered...

One guy got two already. (One with the original setup boards, and one bonus rig for the compensated MPP.)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=486808.msg5515598#msg5515598

AMT's deliveries should be arriving just around the corner...

However, There is some deep competition out there... China-guys selling A1 (defunct batches? first-runs? cheap supporting hardware? stolen chips?)

Those are the ones selling for about $3255 USD running at 1THs around 880Watts. (Sure those will show on ebay for about $12,000 USD soon too. lol.) http://www.lketc.com/goods/show-197.aspx
ISAWHIM
I told everybody that Bitmine.ch  has delivered a couple of days ago Wink

It is clear that they are not able to do it so what is next  Grin
Wait for Bitmine to manufacture instead of them? I doubt so as long as Bitmine has enough unhappy customers already. They will ask mother china for help most likely Grin Grin Grin Grin AMT Dragons ....Manufactured in US of course Grin Grin Grin Grin
Having in mind they have the chips in hand since two months now (i would say for) i will leave you to do the math how much they've lost because of their incompetence. Buying china miners for 3K and selling them for 6K to you seems fair enough for me Grin Grin
There is a slight chance for them to have units working and keep that info secret so they can test them for a next mount before they ship Grin
I am wandering when the thread
AMT FUCKS US OVER AGAIN will pop up and if it will beat famous BFL one Grin
It is a must the student to become better than a teacher Grin

ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:51:13 AM

ISAWHIM

Sorry, missed that in the flood of posts. Sad

I thought I had something new to share. Tongue

You take all the fun out of needless posting. You are not invited to my next post-it party! I'd sew you if I had the ability to thread a needle! However, I can't spare the money for a loyer... Know change in my pocket, knot even won sense to my name. (Had to type that.)
rik_khaos

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:17:28 AM

So if we don't see AMT miners hit, in what the next one or two weeks, we know they really screwed the pooch?

I for one welcome our chinese knock off overlords.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:23:54 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 08:37:50 AM by loshia

ISAWHIM

Sorry, missed that in the flood of posts. Sad

I thought I had something new to share. Tongue

You take all the fun out of needless posting. You are not invited to my next post-it party! I'd sew you if I had the ability to thread a needle! However, I can't spare the money for a loyer... Know change in my pocket, knot even won sense to my name. (Had to type that.)
I do not mind go ahead and do it. At the end you will know what to do when amt turn comes Grin
Besides you know how to make a profit no matter of what do you?
10k dif and alt coin shit. Pool 25% fees . So calm down and wait patiently for your miner to come
Now serious I am NOT making fun of it for sure. My irony is just pointing out what is going on here. As soon you get it better for you. Pink pills time is going to an end. Their business model is coping BFL that is all. Sad but true! So I do really want to avoid threads like amt fucks us over again. But what I see there in Bfl thread -people are not listening. That is all
Besides do not forget that I am paid amt employe as suggested by amt them selfs so go ahead sue me please Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg5460212#msg5460212

clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:52:41 PM

For those of you interested in pursuing legal routes with AMT miners this will get the ball rolling in Delaware County PA.

http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/consumeraffairs/complaint.pdf

I challenge someone to tell me one instance of AMT saying they will do something and then following through with it.

NO EMAILS FROM AMT
AMT DOES NOT ANSWER THE PHONES
THEY WILL NOT RETURN MESSAGES LEFT
THEY WILL NOT POST ANY UPDATES
THEY CONTINUE TO LIE

WHERE IS THAT REFUND YOU "THREATENED" ME WITH AMT. I DONT WANT YOUR CRAP PRODUCT. I WANT A REFUND.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
rik_khaos

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:58:29 PM

For those of you interested in pursuing legal routes with AMT miners this will get the ball rolling in Delaware County PA.

http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/consumeraffairs/complaint.pdf

I challenge someone to tell me one instance of AMT saying they will do something and then following through with it.

NO EMAILS FROM AMT
AMT DOES NOT ANSWER THE PHONES
THEY WILL NOT RETURN MESSAGES LEFT
THEY WILL NOT POST ANY UPDATES
THEY CONTINUE TO LIE

WHERE IS THAT REFUND YOU "THREATENED" ME WITH AMT. I DONT WANT YOUR CRAP PRODUCT. I WANT A REFUND.

Have you faxed them yet?

Can you fax them a copy of your complaint?

Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:06:15 PM

Just thought I'd randomly check back here. Yup, the thread still reads the same as on page 3 and 4. "Are they real?" "They don't respond!" "They don't deliver!" "Scam!"

My 80gh is still hashing. Probably getting one satoshi a day, guts all over the place and I had to reroute the boards through my own usb hub because the hub that came with it was defective. I probably couldn't sell it but there it goes, hashing away.

I feel the pain of you guys who still don't have your orders. I hope you get something soon - a unit, or money back, or closure!

lol. i feel ya.
does your 80GH rig look something like this?  guts flipped out, and USB cables properly rerouted. 

they are great looking NOW.  When the rig got here, there was thermal paste slathered all over the place, and hopefully enough was left between the heatsink and the chips.  About 3 minutes, some 91%rubbing alcohol and a few Q-tips removed all of the excess thermal paste.  Would that be technobit, or AMT's doing?  guessing the latter....
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:10:00 PM

Just thought I'd randomly check back here. Yup, the thread still reads the same as on page 3 and 4. "Are they real?" "They don't respond!" "They don't deliver!" "Scam!"

My 80gh is still hashing. Probably getting one satoshi a day, guts all over the place and I had to reroute the boards through my own usb hub because the hub that came with it was defective. I probably couldn't sell it but there it goes, hashing away.

I feel the pain of you guys who still don't have your orders. I hope you get something soon - a unit, or money back, or closure!

lol. i feel ya.
does your 80GH rig look something like this?  guts flipped out, and USB cables properly rerouted. 

they are great looking NOW.  When the rig got here, there was thermal paste slathered all over the place, and hopefully enough was left between the heatsink and the chips.  About 3 minutes, some 91%rubbing alcohol and a few Q-tips removed all of the excess thermal paste.  Would that be technobit, or AMT's doing?  guessing the latter....
Thermal paste looks ugly and messy. The only problem I see is that dust sticks to it with time and your board starts to look like shit Wink

Stan-O

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:14:28 PM

very ugly, and very messy, and it was even on the side without the heatsink.  yes, i cleaned stray thermal paste off the side facing you in the pics, as well as the side where you might expect to see a little leakage from when the heatsink was screwed on.  doesnt affect functionality, just looks sloppy and unprofessional. 
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:25:57 PM

very ugly, and very messy, and it was even on the side without the heatsink.  yes, i cleaned stray thermal paste off the side facing you in the pics, as well as the side where you might expect to see a little leakage from when the heatsink was screwed on.  doesnt affect functionality, just looks sloppy and unprofessional. 

AMT unprofessional? well call me Sally!

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:27:01 PM

very ugly, and very messy, and it was even on the side without the heatsink.  yes, i cleaned stray thermal paste off the side facing you in the pics, as well as the side where you might expect to see a little leakage from when the heatsink was screwed on.  doesnt affect functionality, just looks sloppy and unprofessional.  

They should be using silk-screen or a rolling application for paste... Are they just gobbing it on there? (Spreader that looks like a "V" toothed trowel used for laying tiles, but smaller and made of plastic.)

Gonna have to rip it apart for sure now... Thermal paste is insulation if it is too thick. It is only supposed to fill the air-gaps between the metal surface and the heat-source, not be the whole transmission-point for heat to pass through. I can imagine all the air-bubbles in there, defeating the purpose of even having it on there at all.

Silver-paste and diamond-paste, here I come!

Might also add some pressure-points, since PCB's flex and bend under heat-stress when you use rigid screw-mounts to attempt to hold them in place against a surface that expands at a different rate. (Like aluminum.)

Nylon, man's third best friend... as opposed to duct-tape, and dogs... Tongue

LOL, maybe they should hire me, as a design tech... Seems they need a few lessons in thermal dynamics and design. (This is coming from a guy who just spent $3,000 on a thermal imager to evaluate a $6,000 miner. Tongue Needed a new one anyways, mine was ready to retire.)
Stan-O

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:38:11 PM

it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to tear mine apart, cleanup the slop, and re-apply the thermal paste all nice and neat. 

The way the board sit in the case, it completely blocks the airflow, so that's why mine sit up on top.  seem nice and cool that way, so maybe they did a decent job with the heatsinks. 

i'll see if i can find the pics of what it looked like before i cleaned it up.  was pretty funny.  you can still see a tiny spot on the top left chip of the board in the back.  assembly dude must have had it all over his hands.....  like a 4 year old. 
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: