Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:43:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2524

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:35:29 AM

damn. now ya gots me athinkin' about poking through about 100 fonts I have to see which it is.
Curse you...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:44:16 AM

I think if AMT wants to save face at this point, one good value add service would be to configure the miners for the customers preferred settings during the testing and QA phase to mine for them. This would be a good test for them AND it allows the customer to profit some during that phase. Perhaps adding to their web page a form that customers can fill out that has their preferred pool info in there. Or reach out to a few to start with to pilot this method. It can and will go a long way towards restoring some confidence.

Something that makes the value add for the individual customers. If any company did this it would be a huge win with the customers. Maybe this could be their thing to regain some confidence and cred with the community.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:52:23 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 02:14:35 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Agreed 100%
But of course 1st AMT has to learn how to communicate with their customers...

Having 2 of BFL's 10GH Jala's I monitor theii Forum often. I seriously thought about getting the Monarch - now water cooled 800GH-1TH Imperial before ordering from AMT. But - 'still under final development. AS CLEARLY STATED in their Forum, but also - very very close and with a GREAT incentive to hang in there. A 2nd Free Imperial within 3mo and a 600GH standard Monarch by the end of the year. Constant update to progress there and still after their long wait - some since August last year - most folks seem placated.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:02:53 AM

Agreed. I have a 300Ghs monarch I ordered from them in November pre-black friday. They gave me a 50 percent voucher to compensate for the issues. Sure I will be spending more but apparently the hardware is performing 20 percent better than expected. So its something. The updates to keep me going with them at this point. That said I would rather do business with AMT if I know I can rely on consistent updates and answers. I don't think most of us are looking for a play by play but if they just update weekly at this point and honestly I think we can see some of the guessing going away and people can focus on whats coming.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:08:27 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 02:21:50 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Glad to hear it. I'm TrozzleZort there. Wish Jala chips were cheaper... Each of my lil miners still has 5 vacant pads in them just screaming for chips... That would put each at a tad over 25GH/s each,

Oh, if yer looking for a real nice PCI-e blade board to plug Monarch and others into... http://www.bitfurystrikesback.com/product/bfsb-m-board-v3-pcie-1x-style-connectors/

athgaurd

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:19:45 AM

We'll give you an update on where we are at every Tuesday, how about that?

It's Tuesday again! Think AMT will bless us with another non-update?

Waiting on an update AMT.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:23:34 AM

I think if AMT wants to save face at this point, one good value add service would be to configure the miners for the customers preferred settings during the testing and QA phase to mine for them. This would be a good test for them AND it allows the customer to profit some during that phase. Perhaps adding to their web page a form that customers can fill out that has their preferred pool info in there. Or reach out to a few to start with to pilot this method. It can and will go a long way towards restoring some confidence.

Something that makes the value add for the individual customers. If any company did this it would be a huge win with the customers. Maybe this could be their thing to regain some confidence and cred with the community.

That's a nice Idea but appears to be way beyond their ability level. they can't even figure out how to send a group e-mail let alone keep track of which machine needs to be mined on which account.

not to mention they would lose a lot of mining profit. oops I mean testing profit because as stated in their op "AMT doesn't mine"

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:30:53 AM

Loking at BitMine's neww lineup, would be nice if my 520 system that AMT was strictly a reseller of, not a builder - gets upgraded to the 600GH BMch replaced that model with...
One can always dream...

If the network increases so much that the next level miner also can’t meet ROI, the product upgrade will continue to the next AMT product which is profitable. Therefore, no matter what happens, our clientele will be left a ROI either way. Plain and simple. We want our clientele to know that AMT cares about it’s clientele and AMT is a brand that consumers can rely on and trust.

[/quote]
ROI is defined as “a return on investment”.
[/quote]

generally speaking you are right but in this case the implied warranty is return of investment with a profit

the question is, will AMT honer it?

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:31:07 AM

Hmm, does a Pi have a RTC on it and log the on-time? Interesting ways to see how long the burn-in time would be. And of course since the only proper way to verify is really mine fer a bit...
Or use Testcoins...

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:36:51 AM

I'm just hoping that in my case since AMT is/was reselling BitMine.ch's 520 unit (now discontinued as part of the initial A1 chip problems) that BM.ch now ships AMT/me the model that replaces the 520. A 600GH one. We will see...

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:46:38 AM

So urgent actions are neded

Urgent action?  Like what kind of action?
If you can make tax authorities to see if they pay taxes and investigate them. Just file some sort of complain for money wandering or whatever you think will bring their attention to AMT and George  as as a person
Then go to court. Some urgent REAL legal action which will scare them. And they will contact you immediately Grin mark my words. The refund preferable or your miner will be coming shortly.
No matter what we write here they just do not care. T is useless to mention you hav Los your investment already so just as for full refund if you can take this as advise

Why should we take advise from someone who doesn't even live in America and can't even get a visa to America?  

We already posted the legal action that one can take earlier.  That is ... Delaware Consumer Affairs and Small Claims court.

I think you should get lost also.  This is an American matter to be handled by American consumers in the appropriate manner.

Wire-fraud is a very serious offense in the USA.   Here is an example of a guy who sold 'weight loss books'... he got 10 years in jail.  http://www.businessinsider.com/best-selling-author-kevin-trudeau-gets-10-years-in-prison-for-massive-deception-2014-3  

So AMT even intends on not delivering 1.2 THs miners or not refunding customers for not delivering,  they and their employees are going to spend a long time in jail.
Why are you asking for advise?
I do not care about your superior nation dude Grin
I do not care if I will ever visit USA at all.
So wait patiently for AMT update Grin. And think positive in American manner Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
mdiggy

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:23:45 AM

Interesting... AMT has changed delivery from "Orders still open for March..." to April. On the front page of their website! see advancedminers.com
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:45:29 AM

Interesting... AMT has changed delivery from "Orders still open for March..." to April. On the front page of their website! see advancedminers.com
It's about time!

Tongue

Perhaps the reality-bug has bitten them! (Could be a good sign for us too. Them not doubling-up on orders that would cause them to fall even further behind.)

I still look out my door every day, and wonder when that sexy UPS girl is going to come and drop a load on my door-step. Oh, and my miner too!
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:17:09 AM

They changed it late last week.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:17:17 PM

Selling my AMT Order #961

6.5 BTC... PM me if interested

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:20:03 PM

<snip>

I am inclined to believe AMT is legit.
<snip>
I do as well and unfortunately for them, they are as much caught in the problems BitMine's A1 chip has as we are. Actually. more so simply because while individually we buyers are currently out xxxx$, look at their position - they have scores of customers that they are obligated to. EACH who have paid them said monies. Aside from hiding & cowering in a corner like a puppy that got caught peeing on the floor AND shitting a brick in panic (making things worse):

A. From day-1 of the chips actually getting into the hands of people to test in the real world - eg, actually connected to hardware - AMT should have at least pointed people to the A1 dev thread. All the chips trials and tribulations are there to be read.

B. They damn well had better be holding BitMine.ch's feet to the fire to do something to make this right with customers. If v1 of the chip is really destined to be an albatross then it is up to BitMine.ch to perhaps setup a program to give Antminers of equal or better total hashing speed.

In the end I lay this all at the feet of BitMine.ch. They are the ones who blew it. The chips were late - fine. But these were not pre-production test sample chips sent to a very limited # of testers/build companies to be used to find if they actual work right in the Real World. BM.ch hideously oversold the chip to companies and a lot like AMT & others jumped in head first. And hit a rock...

These seem to me to be pre-production quality chips that were expected to work like the computer sims say they should. Well, as their IP design company Innosilicon and BitMine.ch themselves should know better! I have never ever once heard of a complex chip right enough to be a salable item from the very first spin. At least BitMine.ch is getting the same 'roid rage from their own miner rig customers!

Again, I am NOT defending AMT as a business. I *do* understand the mess they and other companies are in over this but: They need to TALK! Heck, at least for smaller miners AMT is a reseller - not builder. Soooo. Get some Ants to give those will take them and also start selling them for cryin'out loud. At least they could bring some some money and have a salable item...

Let's say it is BITMINE's fault : Why isn't AMT honoring refunds?

AMT has given us no way out of this shit storm.

Josh texted me and said he would refund my money. he asked for my bank wire information and I sent it to him yesterday. I will see what he does with it today.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:22:26 PM

Agreed. I have a 300Ghs monarch I ordered from them in November pre-black friday. They gave me a 50 percent voucher to compensate for the issues. Sure I will be spending more but apparently the hardware is performing 20 percent better than expected. So its something. The updates to keep me going with them at this point. That said I would rather do business with AMT if I know I can rely on consistent updates and answers. I don't think most of us are looking for a play by play but if they just update weekly at this point and honestly I think we can see some of the guessing going away and people can focus on whats coming.

jeeezus where did this tool come from? FFS go back and read the first 175 pages you retard and get your "updates".

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:52:58 PM

jeeezus where did this tool come from? FFS go back and read the first 175 pages you retard and get your "updates".
Ya completely missed the point - BFL is providing the updates. As in actually talking to people and responding to them vs AMT silence. What we have here is just a rather justified bitchfest with near zero input from AMT. One helluva difference.

opieum2

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:09:55 PM

clenell has generally just degenerated into being a troll. Hence why I have him on ignore. Any credibility he had died with his stupidity and insults toward anyone who even marginally disagreed with him.

But yea I sent BFL an email yesterday early afternoon clarifying a question I had on their compensation email and late afternoon I got a well articulated response. The point is there was nothing vague about it. The answer was clear and concise. This is what AMT needs to be doing. I had no issues with them initially contacting them. But it has gotten harder to get a hold of them the last few days which has been somewhat concerning. My last email has gone unanswered. It aws just a status update which they said I could follow up on "in a few days" and I have.

The lack of communication is the general problem. I have no real reason to question they don't have a product. I would (like most of us here who bought one) would like to know WHEN we will actually be getting it. An ETA since their posted schedule has not been adhered to.

Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:12:15 PM

clenell has generally just degenerated into being a troll. Hence why I have him on ignore. Any credibility he had died with his stupidity and insults toward anyone who even marginally disagreed with him.

There are a few who have ruined this thread. I reads better with them on ingore, but its been soooooo trolled its pretty worless.   AMT doesnt come around anymore due to the trolls or they are on a beach Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: