Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:03:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:56:29 PM

WWAN not accepting remote login
the eth1(WAN) setup fine, luci & SSH login fine.
I set additional Wifi(WWAN) & firewall(WAN/WWAN), the internet link is fine & hashing can confirm by pool. how ever I can not get login if only wifi is connected. both web page (luci) & ssh login did not have response from antminer.
anyone have idea? Huh

I have no idea, but if it's any consolation, myself and others have run into similar behavior with the WWAN interface.

I've not been able to properly configure the WWAN's on any of my Antminers Sad Afraid I'm going to hose the network settings and not be able to get back into the device if I screw something up while troubleshooting Sad

Seeing the same as you; not able to access config over WIFI, only via WAN.

I have a couple of the next batch of Antminers on order that I understand now have a factory reset button - I'll troubleshoot further once I have that safety net available.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeGiz

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:05:49 PM

I set additional Wifi(WWAN) & firewall(WAN/WWAN), the internet link is fine & hashing can confirm by pool. how ever I can not get login if only wifi is connected. both web page (luci) & ssh login did not have response from antminer.
anyone have idea? Huh

I have no idea, but if it's any consolation, myself and others have run into similar behavior with the WWAN interface.

I've not been able to properly configure the WWAN's on any of my Antminers Sad Afraid I'm going to hose the network settings and not be able to get back into the device if I screw something up while troubleshooting Sad

I have a couple of the next batch of Antminers on order that I understand now have a factory reset button - I'll troubleshoot further once I have that safety net available.

update, it can works.
after cycle the power, it works through WIFI now. it just not working after REBOOT.
helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:00:17 PM

Which error are you talking about?  Huh

I can't see any.

See the HW attribute in the summary line?  This is the number of hardware errors the miner has suffered since it was started.  One of my ants, the top picture, has many many

more that the other.  This is concerning.
madpoet

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:12:51 PM

You need to do the formula to actually calculate your errors though.  That field isn't the true error amount.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 05:14:40 PM

Which error are you talking about?  Huh

I can't see any.

See the HW attribute in the summary line?  This is the number of hardware errors the miner has suffered since it was started.  One of my ants, the top picture, has many many

more that the other.  This is concerning.

0.017% errors is very low for asic based chips.
Guava

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:19:21 PM

More like 1.7%
Still not much. But you shouldnt get that much error with stock freq.

Try getting the tempeture up a bit by blocking the fan with a piece of paper and see if there is any difference.

Plus, why is admin not showing the fan speed? 0 RPM? Is the fan connected directly to the PSU?

1J1VmJKZbeEvNCxTtpcouini15RDkMchRP
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:19:55 PM

Which error are you talking about?  Huh

I can't see any.

See the HW attribute in the summary line?  This is the number of hardware errors the miner has suffered since it was started.  One of my ants, the top picture, has many many

more that the other.  This is concerning.
You are looking the wrong. Formula: hw / (diffA+diffR+hw)*100
Your case, 1.7%
helipotte

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:34:36 PM

I am just wondering if this much variance is normal.  When I run the numbers on my other miner I get .054% errors.  I know it might seem small but that is a pretty big

difference.  1.7% Vs .054%.  This does seem to affect hash rate.  The unit with more errors is consistently 3-4Gh lower at pool 12hr.

Guava, yes it is connected to 12V and running at full speed.  In fact there are two fans. Cool
giletto

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:48:36 PM

The 180GH/s specification is with +/-10% for each miner, so both are absolute conform.

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
helipotte

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:00:19 PM

The 180GH/s specification is with +/-10% for each miner, so both are absolute conform.

Giletto, I am aware of the +/-10 variance. I am not looking to RMA/return/get money back/Ect.  I am just wondering about the variance and hoping someone has an

idea/ideas about what I can do to reduce this a little.  I think I have covered all of the basic environmental concerns.  Good power, check.  Cool running, check.

Maybe there is a way to increase voltage just a little to each bank to find chip/chips that are error prone?  Can this be done in software?  maybe reduce clockspeeds

on individual chips/banks?  Just tinkering here to get maximum efficiency from my units.

x0rcist

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:05:27 PM

have any of you tried using BFGminer as proxy ? because everything submited by the antminers get flagged as HW error

yup i tried but this is still not fixed with the new firmware, we need cgminer 3.9 to have this working (as confirmed in the topic of cgminer)

so please update the cgminer version to 3.9 dear dev's Smiley
gigica viteazu`

Activity: 458

beast at work

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:07:52 PM

so please update the cgminer version to 3.9 dear dev's Smiley

+1
giletto

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:10:13 PM

Giletto, I am aware of the +/-10 variance. I am not looking to RMA/return/get money back/Ect.  I am just wondering about the variance and hoping someone has an

idea/ideas about what I can do to reduce this a little.  I think I have covered all of the basic environmental concerns.  Good power, check.  Cool running, check.

Maybe there is a way to increase voltage just a little to each bank to find chip/chips that are error prone?  Can this be done in software?  maybe reduce clockspeeds

on individual chips/banks?  Just tinkering here to get maximum efficiency from my units.

Overclocking, and you got the maximum within a few minutes.

a alternative check: Change the pool, my HW rate change with every pool. If i mine at ghash i got about 0.83% with one miner, the same miner at eligius got 0.47% HW.

You could try it and tell me, if it's work. Smiley

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:15:24 PM

anyone have idea? Huh

Same problem, although I have found that wrt doesn't like having both wireless and Ethernet on the same subnet but even with different subnets the problem still occurs.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
helipotte

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:52:54 PM

Giletto, I am aware of the +/-10 variance. I am not looking to RMA/return/get money back/Ect.  I am just wondering about the variance and hoping someone has an

idea/ideas about what I can do to reduce this a little.  I think I have covered all of the basic environmental concerns.  Good power, check.  Cool running, check.

Maybe there is a way to increase voltage just a little to each bank to find chip/chips that are error prone?  Can this be done in software?  maybe reduce clockspeeds

on individual chips/banks?  Just tinkering here to get maximum efficiency from my units.

a alternative check: Change the pool, my HW rate change with every pool. If i mine at ghash i got about 0.83% with one miner, the same miner at eligius got 0.47% HW.

For me, overclocking really isn't an option.  I am not looking for maximum performance, but maximum efficiency.  Most Ghs for least power usage.  Since both of my ants

use the same amount of power, but one is slower, I am trying to pull the slow one up a little.  preferably without major increases in power usage. A few watts is OK.  BTW, both

units are currently mining to the same pool (Eligius).  If Bitmain updates the firmware to include support for proxy mining I will try that.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:38:38 PM

For me, overclocking really isn't an option.  I am not looking for maximum performance, but maximum efficiency.  Most Ghs for least power usage.  Since both of my ants

use the same amount of power, but one is slower, I am trying to pull the slow one up a little.  preferably without major increases in power usage. A few watts is OK.  BTW, both

units are currently mining to the same pool (Eligius).  If Bitmain updates the firmware to include support for proxy mining I will try that.
Here is what I would do...
remember, hw errors can be due many reasons, not just asic chips.

Connect one of the fan to the miners pwm power connector. They would run hotier but maybe some noise from fun emiit errors.
Flash firmware with openwrt20132911.bin
Try using btcguild and run min 2hrs.
FreeGiz

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:51:44 PM

anyone have idea? Huh

Same problem, although I have found that wrt doesn't like having both wireless and Ethernet on the same subnet but even with different subnets the problem still occurs.

in case you miss my update, my wifi/WWAN login did works (back to live) after I power-off and power-on cycle.
but seems using REBOOT command(ssh) or bottom(web UI) would not enough.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:25:29 AM

Good pools to use other than eligius (which seems to be down right now)? I've tried several others that give high rejects.

bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 11:11:39 AM

Hi

I need a PSU advice
i dont want overclock

http://www.ceneo.pl/19585429
corsair vs 450 will be enough ?

if not,
maybe
xfx core 450
http://www.ceneo.pl/14214264

or
xfx core 550 pro bronze
http://www.ceneo.pl/26734931

i am looking for cheap reliable psu.

next question,
are pcie extenders included or i have to buy one ?

thanks
novymivo

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:51:11 PM

Hi

I need a PSU advice
i dont want overclock

http://www.ceneo.pl/19585429
corsair vs 450 will be enough ?

if not,
maybe
xfx core 450
http://www.ceneo.pl/14214264

or
xfx core 550 pro bronze
http://www.ceneo.pl/26734931

i am looking for cheap reliable psu.

next question,
are pcie extenders included or i have to buy one ?

thanks

buy dell 750 w server psu for 10-15£ .
albo Wink
nawet sie nie zastanawiaj, mala przerobka troche kabla i gotowe. podkrecisz bez problemu Smiley.

1DP6hkRCNoxE15QFfyeqxRk1qu7gX4FzGS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: