Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:50:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RunOrDie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:10:29 PM

looks good this site
Marnie1976

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:14:29 PM

For the Facebook promotion, post something like:

"We are giving away 5 UTC to the first 5000 people in Facebook who likes and put a comment with an Ultracoin wallet address!"
"Please visit ultracoin.net and download the wallet to get your own Ultracoin wallet address!"

You can create a spreadsheet and then give the chunks of addresses to the people here who are willing to participate in giving out some UTC as promotion.
I'm willing to give away 5 UTC each to 50 people (250 UTC total) for the Facebook promotion if something like this goes ahead "officially".

Maybe we can get many people to join in so that we can involve like 10000 or more people in facebook to get their own piece of UTC!
That's a lot of people immediately and also is NEWS worthy IMHO. So we may also get some free marketing.

WOW  Shocked  So you think people would be happy to get 5 UTC worth about $ 0,4  and the will do like the coin for this big price Huh come on dude, we need other promotianal actions, if we do it then do it big
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 12:16:41 PM

"We are giving away 5 UTC to the first 5000 people in Facebook who likes and put a comment with an Ultracoin wallet address!"
"Please visit ultracoin.net and download the wallet to get your own Ultracoin wallet address!"

You can create a spreadsheet and then give the chunks of addresses to the people here who are willing to participate in giving out some UTC as promotion.
I'm willing to give away 5 UTC each to 50 people (250 UTC total) for the Facebook promotion if something like this goes ahead "officially".

Maybe we can get many people to join in so that we can involve like 10000 or more people in facebook to get their own piece of UTC!
That's a lot of people immediately and also is NEWS worthy IMHO. So we may also get some free marketing.

do you have 25000 utc layin around?

jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:18:08 PM

WOW  Shocked  So you think people would be happy to get 5 UTC worth about $ 0,4  and the will do like the coin for this big price Huh come on dude, we need other promotianal actions, if we do it then do it big

Of course they will. It's FREE. We can also advertise that as it picks up in popularity, thevalue of that 5 UTC may become much higher.
Also, that 1000-10000 people might actually start to invest/mine/trade UTC. You obviously don't want that by the sounds of it???

azerbaidjan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:18:33 PM

We all know that what comes for free is worth nothing. So don't give too much. Give enough, or better: less than enough.
1 UTC is enough. Even DOGE faucets do seldomly give out more than 1 DOGE, and we all know it's worth shit.
So don't give out too much, just play on their appetite.

bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 12:19:17 PM

We added Ultracoin to Comkort.com

Welcome!

that is awesome ! thank you  Grin

i added it to the main post

dcgirl

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:19:27 PM

Marnie1976 - two thoughts, first, at this point, any exposure is good exposure. And second, if sold well, this promotion could be worth a lot more than you're suggesting. If I said to someone "I'll give you 5 LTC", they'd jump on it. So if I said "I'll give you 5 UTC which is the 2014 version of LTC", they might be interested. We need to promote UTC this way. UTC COULD be the 2014 version of LTC. It has every advantage of LTC but it's faster. That's where we need to go with this.
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:20:08 PM

do you have 25000 utc layin around?

You do right? (j/k)

Didn't you read what I said?Huh I'm willing to lay down 250 UTC for it.
If 100 other people here do the same thing, we have 25000 to give away.
Heck, I'm sure some can afford much more than 250 UTC for it so we might not need 100 people.

Marnie1976

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:23:15 PM

Marnie1976 - two thoughts, first, at this point, any exposure is good exposure. And second, if sold well, this promotion could be worth a lot more than you're suggesting. If I said to someone "I'll give you 5 LTC", they'd jump on it. So if I said "I'll give you 5 UTC which is the 2014 version of LTC", they might be interested. We need to promote UTC this way. UTC COULD be the 2014 version of LTC. It has every advantage of LTC but it's faster. That's where we need to go with this.

Ok +1 DCGirl... You are right in this...
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:23:56 PM

I'm glad someone agrees.  Smiley

I think my idea (if people are willing to help out) might bring at least 2000+ extra people to UTC.
This promotion might also be posted as news articles in some of the crypto news sites as everyone loves free stuff!!!  Grin

But yeah, why stop at 2000 people. Let's aim for like 5000+ people on facebook. or even more!  Grin
I'm sure  people who are not even into crypto will also be interested and pass it on to their friends etc.

JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:25:46 PM

I know the toothpaste has long left the tube on this one, but I don't understand the rationale behind the n-factor going several steps up in a matter of weeks. The coin would still be asic resistant if it took many months for n to change. What we have now is a coin that will become a cpu coin relatively quickly and unnecessarily. Imo this does not do the coin much good in terms of generating and keeping people interested.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
SxC

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:26:23 PM

Ill donate a day's mining i dont do FB and i don't really do twitter so donating is my contribution
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:30:17 PM

I know the toothpaste has long left the tube on this one, but I don't understand the rationale behind the n-factor going several steps up in a matter of weeks. The coin would still be asic resistant if it took many months for n to change. What we have now is a coin that will become a cpu coin relatively quickly and unnecessarily. Imo this does not do the coin much good in terms of generating and keeping people interested.

+1

no chance to reach critical mass before slowing down to sustain

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:31:50 PM

Ill donate a day's mining i dont do FB and i don't really do twitter so donating is my contribution

Awesome!!

I barely do Facebook either but it's a good form of marketing as it gets seen by other friends when 1 person likes/comments.
I guess we can do it on twitter also. But maybe limit it to those who has 5+ people following them. (filters out some fake accounts)

250 UTC is nearly 2 day's worth of mining when I was mining with 15 x 280x cards at difficulty of 18+ few weeks ago!!!
Just the electricity alone would have cost me $50+ not to mention that 250 UTC is only worth like $15 right now.  Cry

Uggle

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:34:19 PM

I sent tweets to these: @Bitcoin100 @AgainstHunger pleading to accept Ultracoin as a way to donate. Think it's better to give away to a charity through some kind of "Like and donate UTC" type of shenanigan.

Please do the same and maybe they will accept it!

UTC UTC UTC
kelvinliong

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:34:28 PM

<1.5BTC can bump UTC to 0.00016  Tongue

Let's color the MOON: YENui1eF9LuVpZiTdp8Vf4G77cgnnkDDTD
derBruchpilotPro

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:35:01 PM

Good to see that here are some brains smoking. Wink

I guess we really need some more marketing, as I started the the giveaway on https://poloniex.com/giveaways I dropped
a few messages on their new trollbox about UTC.

There where comments like "I got 1 of whateverthisis", "UTC isn't that something like VTC?".

So too less people are aware of UTC, I think.

BTW, Donations for the giveway are welcome now: UjLiBXXMPD2A6Fd2Mn6pTucKvVb2YrL9ah

NEM/XEM!!!
Marnie1976

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:37:09 PM

I'm glad someone agrees.  Smiley

I think my idea (if people are willing to help out) might bring at least 2000+ extra people to UTC.
This promotion might also be posted as news articles in some of the crypto news sites as everyone loves free stuff!!!  Grin

But yeah, why stop at 2000 people. Let's aim for like 5000+ people on facebook. or even more!  Grin
I'm sure  people who are not even into crypto will also be interested and pass it on to their friends etc.

1: This can only work if there is one party or one person who start the marketing, coordinates the marketing and gives away prizes

2: There must be the willing in our community to make a free donation for the prizes to give away

3: There must be opened a promotional wallet in which everybody can do his/her free donation

If Bumface want to take point 1 and 2 on his shoulders I am willing to donate 500 UTC.

So i am very currious what the other people in our community is thinking about the above points  Huh
derBruchpilotPro

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:40:03 PM

I'm glad someone agrees.  Smiley

1: This can only work if there is one party or one person who start the marketing, coordinates the marketing and gives away prizes

2: There must be the willing in our community to make a free donation for the prizes to give away

3: There must be opened a promotional wallet in which everybody can do his/her free donation

If Bumface want to take point 1 and 2 on his shoulders I am willing to donate 500 UTC.

So i am very currious what the other people in our community is thinking about the above point  Huh

I would make a cronjob that sends ever day a bit of my mined UTCs.

NEM/XEM!!!
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:41:47 PM

Im willing to donate 2 days of mining

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: