Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:24:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
anarchyx

Activity: 480
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:36:38 PM

Scrypt-jane asics will be the next wave after scrypt is flooded?  What do you guys think?  Guess gpu mine this as long as we can.
cointradero

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:37:22 PM

If that is the plan, and you are running it that way, I'm not going to follow through with my 250 UTC donation.  That does nothing for us and is a guaranteed dump by people already mining them.  

you are worried that somebody who wins 5 utc will dump it?? what are you talking about

I'm talking about the 25,000 goal and giving the people that click "like" some reason not to just get rid of it or even think of it again.  I'm also reacting to your apathy and general lack of acumen when it comes to basically everything related to this coin.  If you don't understand that hitting "like" doesn't do anything for us, I don't know what to tell you.  

likes are a good thing , not a bad thing. friends of friends can see these actions, this all fits into a marketing campain. Doing this is better then not doing this.can everybody stop trolling now, the negative energy is coming back again.......we are doing a good thing here, create awareness for UTC....absolutely nothing wrong with this idea...
[/quote]

I don't do much on facebook, but I don't give a damn what my friends click "like" on.  If they say something about it, I'll read it though.  I'm not saying we go that far and make people talk about it, but you have to do more than have people randomly click "like" as it has become a meaningless action on facebook.  If you really want to make it mean something, have a contest between up and coming other alt coins and we can have a shared campaign to see who can have the most "likes".  We could do the same thing with a donation drive with other coins where we get an agreed upon cause that we would donate funds to.  

It's a way to get other crypto community members involved in coins they may not have looked at and gets your name in a positive light at the same time.  My point, along with my last post about promoting things to do with the coin (must be developed) when giving them away are paramount to making any giveaway worth something!  

I really don't know why you can't understand how to grow outreach.  
Jarod1231

Activity: 951
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:40:32 PM

If that is the plan, and you are running it that way, I'm not going to follow through with my 250 UTC donation.  That does nothing for us and is a guaranteed dump by people already mining them.  

you are worried that somebody who wins 5 utc will dump it?? what are you talking about

I'm talking about the 25,000 goal and giving the people that click "like" some reason not to just get rid of it or even think of it again.  I'm also reacting to your apathy and general lack of acumen when it comes to basically everything related to this coin.  If you don't understand that hitting "like" doesn't do anything for us, I don't know what to tell you.  

likes are a good thing , not a bad thing. friends of friends can see these actions, this all fits into a marketing campain. Doing this is better then not doing this.can everybody stop trolling now, the negative energy is coming back again.......we are doing a good thing here, create awareness for UTC....absolutely nothing wrong with this idea...you have been trolling this thread for a month now. contribute something positive or move on please

[/quote]

Marketing isn't all about an immediate pay-off, you basically want people to keep seeing and hearing 'Ultracoin' everywhere they go until they finally ask "What is this Ultracoin I keep hearing about?"

PaulR1

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:41:57 PM

DELETE THIS AGAIN BUMFACE !!!

Quote from: bumface on Today at 03:03:45 PM
" you want a detailed plan, aha
oke
step 1: get donations from the community
step 2: give away UTC for facebook likes
its really not rocket science"

Quote from: cointradero on Today at 03:23:18 PM
"If that is the plan, and you are running it that way, I'm not going to follow through with my 250 UTC donation.  That does nothing for us and is a guaranteed dump by people already mining them"  

Quote from: paulr1
ROCKET SCIENCE Huh MARKETING AND PR Huh Yes Bumface it is...
Why we al understand this and Bumface put his head in the sand Huh
Without any serious Rocket science marketing plan the donations of our community are going down the drain !
Only a good plan will be successful and not some give away here and there

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 03:42:53 PM

oke

"If that is the plan, and you are running it that way, I'm not going to follow through with my 250 UTC donation.  That does nothing for us and is a guaranteed dump by people already mining them"  

Without any serious Rocket science marketing plan the donations of our community are going down the drain !

tell me what you want before i report you,and have you banned here, you guys are turning this thread into shit again.

contribute something positive or leave

xamido

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:44:11 PM

Instead of giving away the donation, why not convert it to fiat and run a facebook page ad. That way we can get more reach and target the right demographic. The tagging system that facebook have is pretty good. I still remember when i run my facebook ad with 50$ i manage to get 1000 likes, imagine what we can reach with more ad funding?

The problem is converting to fiat is basically another dumps. Perhaps a $ donation instead?
dcgirl

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:44:54 PM

Guys - seriously. We need to stop with the "we're doing enough" and "we're not doing enough" posts that get us nowhere, and figure out what we should be doing. This is really just annoying. I'd like to see some positive, constructive posts, K?
cointradero

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:45:57 PM

likes are a good thing , not a bad thing. friends of friends can see these actions, this all fits into a marketing campain. Doing this is better then not doing this.can everybody stop trolling now, the negative energy is coming back again.......we are doing a good thing here, create awareness for UTC....absolutely nothing wrong with this idea...you have been trolling this thread for a month now. contribute something positive or move on please

[/quote]

Let me add some other people's wisdom to your constant quotes about negative people:

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

Winston Churchill

but you see criticism as :

I love criticism just so long as it's unqualified praise.

Noel Coward

PaulR1

Activity: 320

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:48:23 PM

oke

"If that is the plan, and you are running it that way, I'm not going to follow through with my 250 UTC donation.  That does nothing for us and is a guaranteed dump by people already mining them"  

tell me what you want before i report you,and have you banned here, you guys are turning this thread into shit again.

Know you show your real face to me mr. Bumface:

My quote is no fud spreading !
My quote is not about telling lies!
My quote is not about putting UTC in bad light's !

I only ask here for a good marketing plan, rocket science proof. The same as more people want to see before the give a donation of 100 or 250 or 500 UTC!

But every time you delete my post. It realy looks like you have serious problems with me, I realy don't understand why.

Please I dear you to make a report, I have al my deleted post in my inbox and can proof how ridiculous you are acting.

http://ultracoin.net/ ~ Ultracoin Website         http://ultracointalk.org/ ~ UltracoinTalk Forum
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:49:07 PM

Just to keep you worm till EU summer  Smiley
cointradero

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:49:18 PM

oke

Along with my above post, not all criticism is negativity.  There are problems here and we collectively want to fix them.  As we are not in control of a lot of things, we want you to be on the same page as us, and you don't seem to put the same importance on a proper plan for marketing as the rest of us.  You are deleting a guy's posts that has donating nearly 1000 dollars to helping keep this coin propped up.  he deserves to have a say.  
bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 03:50:37 PM

i dont respond to negative energy, i dont like it, i dont need it...

if you want to know something, calm yourself down,and write it down in an orderly fashion.....

i wil not be presured into doing your will.

why do you keep buggin me for a marketing plan when you know we are doing the facebook campain and contacting news websites?

i have contacted 14 since yesterday, what have YOU done?

i am talking on skype with xwebnetwork about integrating a system to link facebook names to wallet adresses, and hes already coding it, what are YOU doing?

we are actually working, and every time i have to read your negativity you take me away from actual work that im doing.
i have told this many many times..... i can actually DO something, or i can describe what im doing.......you can only spend a minute once....i am only 1 guy.....

stop paointing the finger and think of things YOU can do

dcgirl

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:53:47 PM

Two suggestions:

1. Ignore the negative posts. They don't need to be deleted.
2. We, the community write the marketing plan and present it to Bumface. A lot has been posted here, organize it all into a plan.
red5standingby

Activity: 174

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:54:31 PM

diff increased to 2. up from 1.
bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 03:54:38 PM

Two suggestions:

1. Ignore the negative posts. They don't need to be deleted.
2. We, the community write the marketing plan and present it to Bumface. A lot has been posted here, organize it all into a plan.

use this:

http://forum.ultracoin.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37

and please do it like this:

-make a promotional video showing how fast UTC is

dont write an enormous page where others have to filter out the suggestion

cointradero

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:56:52 PM

if you want to know something, calm yourself down,and write it down in an orderly fashion.....

why do you keep buggin me for a marketing plan when you know we are doing the facebook campain and contacting news websites?

i am talking on skype with xwebnetwork about integrating a system to link facebook names to wallet adresses, and hes already coding it, what are YOU doing?

we are actually working, and every time i have to read your negativity you take me away from actual work that im doing.
i have told this many many times..... i can actually DO something, or i can describe what im doing.......you can only spend a minute once....i am only 1 guy.....

Because you are either intentionally vague or not a detail oriented person.  We are collectively trying to decide the proper way to do a facebook campaign.

Your idea - Let them click "like".  The end.  

We would like to construct a proper media release before contacting news outlets.  

Your idea -  Just suggest news sites and.... nothing.  (At least not stated)

Details. Details. Details.  
bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 03:58:18 PM

Because you are either intentionally vague or not a detail oriented person.  We are collectively trying to decide the proper way to do a facebook campaign.

We would like to construct a proper media release before contacting news outlets.  

read my last post, i can either do things or talk about how i will do them.....its really that simple.The time it takes me to write a detailed raport i could have mailed 2 3 news websites, i dont have the time to paint you a picture,i tell the outline and then i execute the plan......

xwebnetwork

Activity: 684

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 03:59:39 PM

As DCgirl has suggested, let's discontinue these back and forths that are getting us nowhere.

Now, what needs to be done? There are many excellent suggestions here. We need to weed through them, select the best and forget the rest. Then strategize, coordinate, and attack.

From what I have gathered:

-The Social Media giveaway campaign is a great idea. Offering up a small free reward is a perfect way to get people involved that previously could have cared less
-However, a simple like is not enough
-We need to push for shares, community activity, anything that helps further the cause and awareness of UTC

With that in mind, perhaps we can can compromise.

-Do a 5 UTC giveaway to the first 1000 likes = 5000UTC of the 25k
-Do a 10 UTC giveaway to the first 1000 shares = 10,000 UTC
-Do another 10 UTC giveaway to the first 1000 posts on forum or something like that = 10,000 UTC

So we don't have to use all 25k for one thing. Split it up, diversify. Variety is the spice of life after all.

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
dcgirl

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:02:00 PM

I posted a suggestion on the forum as Bumface asked: http://forum.ultracoin.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37&p=97#p97

This would be a "7 day UTC March Madness Challenge".

which leads me to another idea - to have a march madness pool, with winnings paid out in UTC
cointradero

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:05:04 PM

read my last post, i can either do things or talk about how i will do them.....its really that simple. i dont have the time to paint you a picture,i tell the outline and then i execute the plan......

I'm really getting tired of that excuse.  If you contacted news outlets, then you already wrote something.  Is it that hard to copy and paste it so we know what you are saying?  Would you like any help in crafting your message as a lot of us are a lot more articulate than you are?  You've had 31 days to show something concrete instead of spending hundreds of words spouting generalizations.  If you want to save yourself sometime from further critique that you can't apparently handle, all you have to do is provide details.  

1.  What are you saying when you contact news outlets?

2.  What type of markets are you talking to?  General goods, electronic services, video games, computer goods, porn sites?  You don't have to say who you're talking to, just where you are targeting and we can help.  It also helps craft a message about what this coin is for.

3.  You have a suggestions post, but no one knows who is working on what so nobody works on anything.  Say what you need help with and who is doing what so people can focus their efforts.  

And I expect you to do more than me.  You've already cashed out 15 thousand dollars out of this coin for ASICS and gifted yourself another 100K.  You damn well better be doing more than me or you don't deserve anything that you have taken for yourself.  
Pages: « 1 ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 [343] 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: