Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:58:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946564 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Shizof

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:25:50 PM

Nitro should increase their fee to 15% or nobody will leave them and that would cause the death of this coin eventually. Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:26:53 PM

no death, thats a bit to doom and gloom

Shizof

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:32:34 PM

no death, thats a bit to doom and gloom

Other pools are getting orphans meaning lesser coins for their hashrates. That's why people here are complaining about leetpools that they are stealing coins(which is not true). It's caused by this unbalanced network. And eventually they all migrate to nitro(not anymore unless they already have an account there) to increase their coin rates.
bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:42:25 PM

redistribute hashpower please!!!

If nitro goes down,people get alot of coins at extremely low difficulty,which are then dumped on exchanges, damaging the price....

this is bad for all of us!

ballot

Activity: 969
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:44:29 PM

i m looking windows - linux 32/64 for cpu miners
all cli miner links goes to http://yacointalk.com/index.php?topic=264.0
but this link is dead any help will be good thanks
fabietech

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:44:59 PM

If nitro goes down,people get alot of coins at extremely low difficulty,which are then dumped on exchanges, damaging the price....

Mining with 40 rigs on Leetpools, good pool and dev is really good en responsive!!

could suggest leetpools, also allot of extra bonusses etc..

sakr

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:48:01 PM

Mining with 40 rigs on Leetpools, good pool and dev is really good en responsive!!

could suggest leetpools, also allot of extra bonusses etc..

I like both nitro and leet, and have received much coins from both since day one, but i think moving from number 1 to number 2 is not really a good way of spreading the hash, other pools need support too!

if you have 40 rigs, then maybe they should be spread over 4 or 5 pools, statistically better for you too!
tsjaar

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:57:30 PM

If UTC reaches 0.0004 on crypto-trade and im online at the time or logon and it's still @ 0.0004

I will give away 10 x 100 UTC code's to redeem on Crypto-trade

my username there is Jeff6475

I dont use twitter or FB so if anyone wants to post this on there feel free spread the word

I'll announce a time when the giveaway will start

That's gonna be tomorrow I recon ;-)

WARNING HIGH SPEED - UTC - Ultracoin
TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 05:01:34 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 06:28:34 PM by TheStuhlman

I am reading all these posts and would like to clarify some things to the community, which I am a member of for a long period of time. When me and Biodragon started UTC pool on Nitro, it was not our first pool, we ran 3 test pools to check the server and make sure everything is running smooth. However, with Ultracoin the launch was anything but smooth, the pool did not work for the first 24 hours, and that cause one pool "IDcray as I remember" to have almost 100% of the hash. We did not give up, we went to a room on IRC and all the pool owners brainstormed for a solution till we finally ironed out the problems. From there it was not a breeze, we had to deal with Idcray having all the Hash... a problem we are running into now with Nitro... No we did not contact Idcray to shut down, raise fees, etc etc...

To deal with IDcray having all the hash, we compiled a list of emails of about 4000 Chinese miners, I got help from a Chinese friend, we emailed them and asked them to mine Ultracoin at Nitro, the response was overwhelming, combined with marketing on this thread, and the influx of Chinese GPU farms, we went above the hashrate of IDcray and gained first spot. The email positive response was at around 19%

IDcray ran into a problem very few of you knew exists, this problem is still here and any pool that exceeded 300 MH on the last Nfactor faced this problem, on the current Nfactor this problem will show probably at 260MH or so. An ever and ever bloating client causing the coind to go into a coma. We spoke with the devs to add a fix to the code, but that would take sometime. So we started doing some in house fixes, WE did these fixes at times where most miners are not around. We shut down the pool and applied one fix after another, we reached breaking points more than once.  And we carried on, we gained lots of experience with this, like having our client on a memdrive, a 100% speed increase. We also optimized the database, but concentrated our effort on the client itself. Even with all these improvements there is some glitches to iron out.

When we shut down our pool to respond to a ddos, I want you to go to another pool that is a failover and notice how the client is not responding as it's supposed to, it will literally go into a coma, it will find a few extra blocks at first but once the pool reaches that certain MH level I pointed earlier the client will fail.

Why we do not use ddos protection? we do have some in house ddos protection that works for certain kind of attacks. However, we had discussions with Ahmed Bodi and others, and determined Cloudflare and services alike are not Stratum friendly and cause more trouble than the ddos attack itself. If you believe in cloudflare, it's fine. We do not plan to keep UTC under Nitro's umbrella for long. we have suspended signups indefinitely, raised our fee, and asked people to move to other pools. We will ask some of our Chinese miners to move off UTC on the 28th, to help reduce hash as well.

Nitro will not abandon UTC, we will still be a part of this community, I personally spent many 18 hour days, promoting UTC, and spent my own UTC's in the process. I have not received any UTC for marketing and was never a member of the development team. But I took it on my own to help, and I spent 13k UTC in the process, which I was never compensated for. I am still a UTC bagholder, and will remain so. Although I was frustrated at times just like everyone of you, I tried to put up a positive effort all the time. I made it clear at one point when UTC makes it to Cryptsy, it will be my time to move on. I will still be here with you and help as much as possible, but I really want to give the new project my 200%. When the names of all people involved are released before launch, you will all know why I am so excited about this.

Sorry about the long text wall  Grin

vvvortex

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:07:47 PM

Would be cool to get more miners to
http://thepool.pw/ultracoin/

feels like solo mining there.

Heh...I moved my stupendous 100kh/s here from nitro.  We'll see how it works!  Unfortunately (albeit fortunately for gaming purposes) I updated my box's 2 x 7970's to 2 x GTX780CUII SLI for dual 4K gaming...getting maxed-out 30HZ settings in DCS A-10C with TrackIR is simply indescribable.  I really want and Oculus Rift now!  Be a couple of days before I can get the 7970's rig going.

Now I need to find some good cudaminer settings for when I'm not gaming...I get about 50kh/s per GTX780.

Cheers!

Becel

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:16:05 PM

If UTC reaches 0.0004 on crypto-trade and im online at the time or logon and it's still @ 0.0004

I will give away 10 x 100 UTC code's to redeem on Crypto-trade

my username there is Jeff6475

I dont use twitter or FB so if anyone wants to post this on there feel free spread the word

I'll announce a time when the giveaway will start

That's gonna be tomorrow I recon ;-)

Neosil here Cheesy, i hope to catch one of those
bumface (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 05:48:16 PM

Stuhlman: This is not a personal attack on nitro, in fact, its becasue the service at nitro is so good that people like it, thats how it became the largest pool....

But to have all the hashpower centralised is not in UTC`s best interrest,that is why we are asking people to devide power over all the pools....

It has happened before that nitro was ddos and the market was flooded with coins, killing price.The effects of this are harmfull to UTC.

You say you have spend UTC on the developements which you have not been compensated for, however this is the first time i hear about it..
I hope you are not taking this personally since we are very gratefull for your involvement since day 1,Your service has been very helpfull.

having said that, i think promoting another coin here is slightly inapropriate

My job as a coin owner forces me to choose the welfare of UTC over the welfare of 1 party, and this is the reason why we campained to get miners away from nitro..

I hope you understand my duty, no hard feelings  Cheesy

Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:49:24 PM

Stuhlman/Nitro says he's pro-UTC, but if that were the case, he wouldn't allow his pool to get more than 51%. Fail-safes could be in place. He is well aware of the dangers but yet he keeps over 70% of the hashrate... You are robbing everyone who isn't on Nitro, you aren't "robbing the miners" (your words) at your pool if you jack up the fee, they have free will to move pools, just like they have free will to stay at nitro. Announce you are going to jack up the fee. I think 3-4% fee is fine, 15% is ridiculous. But by leaving things the way they are, this means you have no problem with collecting 2% at 70% hashrate. Shame for not taking action sooner and just telling everyone to switch pools. Greed. Plain and simple.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
derBruchpilotPro

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:59:03 PM

Stuhlman/Nitro says he's pro-UTC, but if that were the case, he wouldn't allow his pool to get more than 51%. Fail-safes could be in place. He is well aware of the dangers but yet he keeps over 70% of the hashrate... You are robbing everyone who isn't on Nitro, you aren't "robbing the miners" (your words) at your pool if you jack up the fee, they have free will to move pools, just like they have free will to stay at nitro. Announce you are going to jack up the fee. I think 3-4% fee is fine, 15% is ridiculous. But by leaving things the way they are, this means you have no problem with collecting 2% at 70% hashrate. Shame for not taking action sooner and just telling everyone to switch pools. Greed. Plain and simple.

Halofire, you should not blame anyone here for making profit, we all here about profit.
AND Stuhlman has done many things for the community, I've no problem when he makes profit with that.

NEM/XEM!!!
azerbaidjan

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:03:39 PM

Can we stop this finger pointing exercice? Completely useless.

Stuhlman rose the fees because he so chose. People who disagree are free to leave to other pools.
Moreover, given his involvement and quality of service I do believe his pool deserves the 2-2.2kUTC/d he's making on fees.
After all, didn't he say he made some expenses that were not refunded by anyone? -I do not hink this is unfair.

And I believe he should raise fee to a plain 5% with a word of explanation that says this is meant to encourage people moving on to other pools. If miners do not understand I encourage him to raise it to a more serious 10% after a while, and there we will see some redistribution.

Raising fees is the only thing miners will understand as an incentive to switch pools. But this has to be done progressively and people should be warned well in advance so as to avoid panic.

dwolfx

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:15:52 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 06:27:49 PM by dwolfx

As it stands if Ultra Nitro doesn't slash the hash rate, it IS INDEED AN ATTACK ON THE NETWORK.
As you are stealing completed work from other pools and thus in - effect canceling out legitimate UTC TRANSACTIONS IN FAVOR OF YOUR OWN (pretty much the very definition of a 51% attack).
"you solved that block 20 minutes ago? well F@#* YOU i just solved mine, yours doesn't count" that's what nitro essentially is doing atm.

The way the network is structured atm , there is no point in even having any other pools, and all the pools will die.
Some people are fine with that, but honestly thats not healthy for the coin, the entire idea is decentralization for the purpose of security and preventing forks.

You are attacking legitimate miners and pools causing them to slip bellow profitability thresholds required to maintain the pool, thus far other pools have been generous slashing rates, lowering %'s and doing promo periods, but they can't keep it up forever they have costs.
What kind of coin only has "one pool"?
FIX YOUR SHIT.

And if words are too hard to comprehend here is a picture.

At the very least make a "nitro 2" or something and have different work assigned to it, and use a server to balance the hash rate to different stratums to decrease orphans and possibility of forks.

Simply moving 25% of nitros hash to a "nitro2" network would improve the situation.

Leetpools!
TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 06:27:16 PM

Stuhlman: This is not a personal attack on nitro, in fact, its becasue the service at nitro is so good that people like it, thats how it became the largest pool....

But to have all the hashpower centralised is not in UTC`s best interrest,that is why we are asking people to devide power over all the pools....

It has happened before that nitro was ddos and the market was flooded with coins, killing price.The effects of this are harmfull to UTC.

You say you have spend UTC on the developements which you have not been compensated for, however this is the first time i hear about it..
I hope you are not taking this personally since we are very gratefull for your involvement since day 1,Your service has been very helpfull.

No not at All I do agree the hashrate is excessive on Nitro otherwise we would not close signups and raise fees. I do not take anything personal on these  forums, and I am happy to be part of this community. I did not spend any UTC on developing Ultracoin, I think you misread that part. But you were aware of me spending 13k UTC at one point. As far as promoting another coin, I am sorry if that came out it was inappropriate, I will edit my post and remove that. but it's my nature to promote good things case and point UTC.

As far as some of the concerns I am with you on some, is it dangerous and damaging no, is it our fault no. Can we resort to the extreme measures some here are suggesting!!! Absolutely not. We took the initiative many times, and Bumface himself can confirm that I asked him to take Nitro off the pool list till the hashrate drops, and he did. We closed signups many times, and we never said no to helping another pool. We have 4000 registered miners on Nitro ultra pool who might decide to come back and mine UTC any time they choose to.  More than 50% of our miners do not even read this board,  should we start raising fees to unacceptable levels, we would simply ruin our reputation. How would you like it if you went to sleep paying 2% pool fee and wake up to a 4% fee?

dwolfx

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:36:54 PM

No not at All I do agree the hashrate is excessive on Nitro otherwise we would not close signups and raise fees. I do not take anything personal on these  forums, and I am happy to be part of this community. I did not spend any UTC on developing Ultracoin, I think you misread that part. But you were aware of me spending 13k UTC at one point. As far as promoting another coin, I am sorry if that came out it was inappropriate, I will edit my post and remove that. but it's my nature to promote good things case and point UTC.

As far as some of the concerns I am with you on some, is it dangerous and damaging no, is it our fault no. Can we resort to the extreme measures some here are suggesting!!! Absolutely not. We took the initiative many times, and Bumface himself can confirm that I asked him to take Nitro off the pool list till the hashrate drops, and he did. We closed signups many times, and we never said no to helping another pool. We have 4000 registered miners on Nitro ultra pool who might decide to come back and mine UTC any time they choose to.  More than 50% of our miners do not even read this board,  should we start raising fees to unacceptable levels, we would simply ruin our reputation. How would you like it if you went to sleep paying 2% pool fee and wake up to a 4% fee?

Can you balance the load by making a "nitro 2"? and proxy half your miners to that pool? it would probably help with orphans on other pools.

The primary problem is , pools are all stepping on eachothers toes and nitro is "re-completing" work that was already done and throwing completed work out, simply spreading out and taking up different assignments should solve it all.

You could do a promo 0% for 2 days for using new nitro 2.
This accomplishes all tasks at hand
-Keeps Nitros reputation in good standing
-Balances Hash across more pools, just make it so the new pool doesnt have any sign ups and you can log in with existing nitro1 accounts only for a period
-clears up orphans
-Helps network grow in a more health way

Leetpools!
xwebnetwork

Activity: 684
Merit: 500

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 06:44:25 PM

@Stuhl

Just needed to respond to that last bit. An easy way to bypass the unadvised transition to a higher fee would be to announce it 24-48 hours in advance. Something like:

"Attention Miners! In an effort to preserve the decentralization, security, and stability of UTC, we will be instituting higher fees in order to promote a fair spread of the hashrate to alternative pools. In XX hours, our fees will increase to X%. Please do not take offense! We are honored that this is a direct result of the amazing support you have all provided. We thank you for your dedication but now must ask you to help out UTC for the greater good. Sincere regards."

Something like that is plenty to rid yourselves of any complaints. It is fair warning and also provides users with an ultimatum which will hopefully provoke just enough to move.

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
Navyman47

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:48:06 PM

There has to be a better solution to this problem.  I don't want to be critical of Stuhlman, because he has helped the UTC community.  But, is it fair for those of us, who are taking it on the chin trying to spread the hash rate on other pools, to lose money daily mining this coin.  I'm a registered Nitro pool miner, but I choose to mine over at leet currently for the good of the coin and to your request on your site to spread the hash rate weeks ago.  Is it better to be fair to those on this thread, who support the coin daily, or to those who only mine and dump the most profitable coin?  There are quite a few of us in this situation and while you're filling your pockets, you're emptying mine.  I think that an announcement could be made at nitro about a raise in fees a day or so ahead of time to give warning to those mining there.  How long can we continue to receive orphan blocks?  Would this be acceptable to you on your site?
I think we as a community need to help solve this issue. Huh Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: