Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:52:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 [6950] 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 11:28:21 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2021, 01:13:38 PM by toknormal

In my view the recent reallocation hard fork simply did not go far enough to incentivise the masternodes.  A paltry 6% pa return for a risky asset like DASH is still far too small, it should be 20% as it once was in 2016 and that ROI fueled our massive bull market.  I will run this by DCG and see if we can't get to work on a realloc2 hardfork. Stay tuned.  Grin

The protocol cannot give you you a 20% "return". Only the market can do that through capital appreciation (or at least stability) and it's already mauling us for our scarcity deficit as it is. In a mined coin, the primary supply is supposed to be used to fund mining which keeps it scarce and expensive to extract from the chain.

As long as we continue to deplete our mining quota, the market will continue to deplete our marketcap. Feel free to keep beleiving otherwise while the market keeps telling you you're wrong, but de-nial is not a river in Egypt.

I've just left my node down now because it's generating tax liabilities at a faster rate than I can practically mitigate risk of capital loss with without cashing out every week and now with fewer fiat offramps...

That's what happens when the reward is not put to work for the benefit of the network but paid out in pure dividends instead. Everything goes wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 11:39:59 AM

Thank you -- didn't see that response.   
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 01:24:48 PM

That developed rater fast

To add to insult to injury much wow very shibe so amaze 

birdonthewire

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 01:29:37 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2021, 01:53:27 PM by birdonthewire

In my view the recent reallocation hard fork simply did not go far enough to incentivise the masternodes.  A paltry 6% pa return for a risky asset like DASH is still far too small, it should be 20% as it once was in 2016 and that ROI fueled our massive bull market.  I will run this by DCG and see if we can't get to work on a realloc2 hardfork. Stay tuned.  Grin

The protocol cannot give you you a 20% "return". Only the market can do that through capital appreciation (or at least stability) and it's already mauling us for our scarcity deficit as it is. In a mined coin, the primary supply is supposed to be used to fund mining which keeps it scarce and expensive to extract from the chain.

As long as we continue to deplete our mining quota, the market will continue to deplete our marketcap. Feel free to keep beleiving otherwise while the market keeps telling you you're wrong, but de-nial is not a river in Egypt.

I've just left my node down now because it's generating tax liabilities at a faster rate than I can practically mitigate risk of capital loss with without cashing out every week and now with fewer fiat offramps...

That's what happens when the reward is not put to work for the benefit of the network but paid out in pure dividends instead. Everything goes wrong.

LOL  Grin Grin Grin

What a phony you are!

I mentioned SCARCITY to you three times in a row in the quote before your perpetual juggling and sleight of hand with an association of ideas that is not real. Of course ... you missed it ... because it dismantles your fallacies (the same ones you are trying to slide now).

Miners do not create SCARCITY, even if you try this deceptive association of ideas with dissimulation. They are supposed to automatically transmit a production cost to the mined token (which is also not correct per se) ... because attention! It is only so if the token is UTIL, if it is in demand. If it doesn't, you repeat the Keynesian stupidity of creating wealth by digging a ditch ... and then increasing it by covering it. That is typical of intoxicants and / or retards like Krugman or you ... who start from an economic premise in which cryptos have "intrinsic wealth" (a statement that you overturn in the second line of your pseudo-economic sermon ... and that was enough not to waste any more time with the rest of the pamphlet ) ... and that is a real bufoonery. Shitting 20 times and wiping your ass as many DOES NOT CREATE WEALTH. Precisely because you invest effort / work / costs ... in tasks WITHOUT VALUE, which will not retain those costs in the monetary asset created.

If your token is not scarce, that is, if the market does not demand it to install it at that juncture, increasing the supply will make it more abundant and less valuable, whether the miners or their grandmothers do it. The production costs will be a direct problem for the producers ... and they will not be automatically transmitted to the currency created / making it an indirect problem of the Mnodes) ... precisely because it has no intrinsic value, since its value is diluted in a market who despises that asset and discovers a ridiculous price compared to your different forecasts (both incorrect and worthy of real idiots disappointed because their "rain dance" does not work).

The DASH token is not in short supply because neither the mining nor the "rich" that xkcd desperately awaits - as well as the centralized layer of parasites that wants its elitist profile to be enough to create scarcity and thus support and project the price of its asset - they replace an actor that, in your mindless greed, you have marginalized and eliminated ... and that already existed, just as it exists in BTC: The Micro-HOLDERS, who covered a totally necessary and inexcusable demand for that task. We return to the same thing: The goat that you fucked and slaughtered ... NO LONGER MOVES ITS PELVIS from her, once dead. Is it really that hard to understand, kids?

Only an action that does not admit your imposed idiocies will be able to reverse - except for eventual pumps - that descending situation and without solution. Meanwhile ... it's time to laugh at how you sink the value of your own wealth into shit. Without a fork to overrule such a herd of retards, there will be no logical reorientation to this nonsense.

And as new resources, such as the blocking of tokens for the reservation of names in the new platform ... they are not accompanied by any objective and authorized estimate of that demand - example: an external audit - ... you will continue betting the value of DASH to the lottery. The show is pitiful:

- A lobby wants to perpetuate its parasitism by proposing the improvements for the mainnet as necessary.
- Another, blocking them ... and waiting for an army of rich idiots to throw their capital into a suicidal price trend.
- A fool, try to fool the rest with kindergarten fallacies to save taxes in UK...

... and, ok... every madman / scammer, with his theme!  Grin Because that's what you have turned one of the best crypto projects in the world: In a shitty game between scammers.

You are going to pay for the perpetual inbreeding of your successive attempts at monopoly, with blood. You have already done it miserably in the ass of others, with traps, like the scammers that you are ... now, the spanking in your asses is worthy of open-mouthed laughter.

Which is not little fun ... and, yes, authentic poetic justice. Meanwhile ... the REAL DASH community, outcast and scammed ... to lower their buy stops accompanying this museum-worthy moron harakiri, patiently.

Cross the feet on the porch table, with a cold beer ... and wait to see how the corpse of thieves passes in the street.  Wink

DASH IS THE VACCINE AGAINST THE NAKAMOTO´S CANNIBALISM* ( and its extractive virus, BTC ) 

*Parasitic growth system based on the transfer of wealth through speculative bubbles (the same old scam of the fiat global elite ...in a new format)

https://discord.com/channels/370148711088652288/660351836292775936/773522887616757770
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 01:54:26 PM

Be wary of pumps when they form +45% in a few hours, and also form a clear exception to the general Altcoins market movement. They have a tendency to dump with an equal percentage.

Particularly when the name of the coin in question is 'Dogecoin'. We all still remember this, right ?

TikTok traders are pumping joke cryptocurrency Dogecoin—and the price is up 95%
BY ROBERT HACKETT
July 9, 2020 8:38 PM GMT+2

Source : https://fortune.com/2020/07/09/tiktok-dogecoin-challenge/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2021, 02:02:00 PM

(snip) In a mined coin, the primary supply is supposed to be used to fund mining which keeps it scarce and expensive to extract from the chain.

(snip)
Miners do not create SCARCITY, even if you try this deceptive association of ideas with dissimulation.

I'm with toknormal on this. In my view mining does add scarcity and therefore real value too. It is not like digging a ditch and filling it again in which effort is used to do something which adds no value. It adds real scarcity which is a very necessary property of a monetary asset such as a proof of work crypto. Scarcity comes from a combination of limited supply, being desired, being hard to obtain. The last part is the most important part for dash, being hard to obtain. It IS hard, you compete for energy, hashpower, technology in proof of work coins. In dash you can also just hodl 1000 dash and run a server. This portion of the supply is not hard to obtain. It is not as scarce. It is not as valuable.  
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2021, 02:06:29 PM

Brutal sell off in dash versus bitcoin

I wonder is dash is heading back down to the lower red trendline of that bear channel.

*chart

If so we might see it as low as 0.0022

Here a closer look at the current move

*chart

birdonthewire

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 02:20:04 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2021, 03:28:47 PM by birdonthewire

(snip) In a mined coin, the primary supply is supposed to be used to fund mining which keeps it scarce and expensive to extract from the chain.

(snip)
Miners do not create SCARCITY, even if you try this deceptive association of ideas with dissimulation.

I'm with toknormal on this. In my view mining does add scarcity and therefore real value too. It is not like digging a ditch and filling it again in which effort is used to do something which adds no value. It adds real scarcity which is a very necessary property of a monetary asset such as a proof of work crypto. Scarcity comes from a combination of limited supply, being desired, being hard to obtain. The last part is the most important part for dash, being hard to obtain. It IS hard, you compete for energy, hashpower, technology in proof of work coins. In dash you can also just hodl 1000 dash and run a server. This portion of the supply is not hard to obtain. It is not as scarce. It is not as valuable.  

As long as there are other means of producing a DEFAULT and perfectly defined increase in supply, that statement is not correct. And TokNormal knows it perfectly.

If the technological leap that CORE "sells us" is true, the marginalization of miners is not an attack on the DASH economy, but on its governance. It could represent an added value compared to the competition ... it could be.

I insist: The madness is not that the miners see their rewards diminished, that is at least debatable ... but that a cut in general expenses is oriented to private benefit and not to the general interest of the project. And, like everything else, for a CENTRALIZED decision in a few hundred people ... applicable to infinite situations ... with which the project lacks guarantees OF ANY KIND for those who are not able to categorically influence it.  That's the VERY SERIOUS problem.

The code is law ... but the law is me. So terrifying, that it practically repels any capital contribution to DASH, imo ... except those that determine a definitive influence ... which, obviously, would only accentuate a perverse loop that tends not to the existing centralization ... but to pure concentration.

DASH IS THE VACCINE AGAINST THE NAKAMOTO´S CANNIBALISM* ( and its extractive virus, BTC ) 

*Parasitic growth system based on the transfer of wealth through speculative bubbles (the same old scam of the fiat global elite ...in a new format)

https://discord.com/channels/370148711088652288/660351836292775936/773522887616757770
Dahaa

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 03:59:34 PM

0.0028 dirty scammers
Dahaa

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 04:03:45 PM

They're doing something! And you are dirty scammers !!!
https://i.ibb.co/0yGJ14T/Untitled.jpg

Be wary of pumps when they form +45% in a few hours, and also form a clear exception to the general Altcoins market movement. They have a tendency to dump with an equal percentage.

https://i.imgur.com/33EpNX5.jpg

Particularly when the name of the coin in question is 'Dogecoin'. We all still remember this, right ?

TikTok traders are pumping joke cryptocurrency Dogecoin—and the price is up 95%
BY ROBERT HACKETT
July 9, 2020 8:38 PM GMT+2

Source : https://fortune.com/2020/07/09/tiktok-dogecoin-challenge/

Dahaa

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 04:05:28 PM

1 ETH = 8dash Angry
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 04:12:22 PM

As long as there are other means of producing a DEFAULT and perfectly defined increase in supply, that statement is not correct. And TokNormal knows it perfectly.

Limited supply on its own is worthless and I think you know that. At least the hundreds of dead coins that have limited supply and no hashrate understand it.

I can paint you a picture that I guarantee will be a limited 1 unique unit, but it won't be as "limited" as a piece of fine art from a recognised artist who put a lifetime of effort into going to art school, practicing their technique and garnering increased market recognition. Their painting itself might take months to create whereas mine would have taken 20 minutes.

Both are still limited to a supply of 1. The difference was:

1. effort
2. competition to be the first to purchase the unit from source

In the fine art world, a purchase made straight from the artist is known as the "primary market". It sets the price for all subsequent purchases (which are thenceforth know as "secondary market" trades).

In mined crypto, the "primary market" price by definition is represented by the cost of the effort required to obtain the coin straight form the blockchain because the role of the protocol is to reflect the level of competing bids for that coin in the cost of mining it. Mining therefore performs the same market function as the gallery system does in the fine art market = attracts competition for the primary supply and sets the guide price.

To some Dash people, this seems an enigma. But only to "Dash" people. It's blindingly obvious to anyone else. They try to promote some conflicted and contorted explanation for mining being dispensable while at the same time accepting that their coin of choice inherits the core protocol of the most intensively mined digital asset on the planet.

Hypocrisy and denialism at its finest. Is it any wonder that we are continuously bypassed by our mined peers who do not similarly through their store-of-value engine under a bus to pay for a service that other networks get for free ? The latest is a joke coin at near its all time low against BTC. If that doesn't crack a few heads into waking up then I don't think anything will.
jdmcg

Activity: 263
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 04:52:29 PM

Is it any wonder that we are continuously bypassed by our mined peers who do not similarly through their store-of-value engine under a bus to pay for a service that other networks get for free ? The latest is a joke coin at near its all time low against BTC. If that doesn't crack a few heads into waking up then I don't think anything will.

How dishonest of you! I've caught you numerous times now distorting facts and figures and in some cases blatantly lying to support your cause but this is a new low for you.

How is it you need to turn off your masternode for tax purposes when DASH is roughly $90 but seemingly still ran it when DASH was $40 a year ago?

You ignore the obvious cause of yesterday's dump and instead use it to further your nonsensical theory. News flash. Bittrex (both US and the Global site) delisted privacy coins, including Dash. Also, several jurisdictions (Australia, Netherlands, etc) are also demanding privacy coins and Dash be delisted as a condition for banking and licensing.

Here's the thing... most altcoins, even Dash, are currently in bull markets vs the USD. Bitcoin has gone from $19K to $32K and climbing without barely a correction. Every alt, except perhaps ETH, has suffered a huge decrease in value vs BTC.

When does human greed and fear take over? And when it does, will BTC holders be tempted to buy altcoins at historic all time lows vs BTC to avoid a possible blood bath? Will they concentrate their new found wealth and only pour it into a few alts like ETH? Will the ETH holders be strong enough not get into other alts if this massive influx of capital comes their way?
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 05:21:09 PM

Dash is affected by bittrex cowardly policy.
I remember when devs calmed  they have good relations with exchanges and we shouldn't afraid..
But dash is full of unfulfilled promises...

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 05:22:56 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2021, 05:46:39 PM by toknormal

How is it you need to turn off your masternode for tax purposes when DASH is roughly $90 but seemingly still ran it when DASH was $40 a year ago?

Because tax authorities don't accept unrealised gains as remittence unfortunately, so hodling is not an option for masternodes. By running one you are guaranteed a liability of around $2000 a year in my area (which is not one of the higher income tax zones) whether you cash out or not because the revenue is unearned, so it's 99% taxable. It is not compensation for the costs of supporting the Dash network (whereas mining revenue is and so is not similarly exposed to statutory selling pressure). The risk of capital loss comes on TOP of all this.

Every alt, except perhaps ETH, has suffered a huge decrease in value vs BTC.

How long are you going to keep this mantra going ? Till 1 BTC per masternode and beyond ? Dash is in a ranking performance class all of its own with respect to the mined list and is plummeting down through it at a slow jogging pace. Your theory is that by reducing mining we're somehow ditching "ballast" that we didn't need and would be more economically buoyant without it.

Well be advised it's working the other way around.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 05:25:37 PM
Merited by WastedLTC (1)

Also, several jurisdictions (Australia, Netherlands, etc) are also demanding privacy coins and Dash be delisted as a condition for banking and licensing.

Actually Dash being delisted in The Netherlands completely, is not accurate.

Only Dutch exchange Bitvavo & Dutch exchange Anycoin Direct delisted specific privacy coins (Dash, Monero, Zcash, PIVX), due to their close banking relations with
the Dutch central bank. The much bigger and more widely-used Dutch exchange Litebit.eu still has Dash listed, although they did delist Monero.

Dash listing : https://www.litebit.eu/en/buy/dash

Personally i never even heard of Bitvavo and don't trade with Anycoin Direct. Litebit.eu had problems during previous Altcoins Season (they had to close down registration
for new customers back then) and have relatively high fees in comparison to other exchanges i know of. The only advantage with using Litebit.eu is that you can buy crypto
through iDEAL payment, which only take a few minutes.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
birdonthewire

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 05:42:03 PM

Limited supply on its own is worthless and I think you know that. At least the hundreds of dead coins that have limited supply and no hashrate understand it.

I can paint you a picture that I guarantee will be a limited 1 unique unit, but it won't be as "limited" as a piece of fine art from a recognised artist who put a lifetime of effort into going to art school, practicing their technique and garnering increased market recognition...

Even what is indicated in red I can read ... because its ME that i have exposed that ... you only try to link it to production, which is absolutely different.

"Miners do not create SCARCITY, even if you try this deceptive association of ideas with dissimulation. They are supposed to automatically transmit a production cost to the mined token (which is also not correct per se) ... because attention! It is only so if the token is UTIL, if it is in demand "

I'm trading BTC now... and maybe later break down your post (to hit that hard head that you don't want to open  Grin ) ... although everything will lead to separating the factors that you try to associate in a set that does not exist.

The Reserves model that I propose DOES provide a transfer of real wealth...to cover it. You're not stupid ... and you can't help but see it. And you can't help but see that without decentralizing DASH, the next victims are you, the MNodes, as vulnerable to a hyper-concentration model ... as everyone else.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 05:48:03 PM

The Reserves model that I propose DOES provide a transfer of real wealth...to cover it.

But it's a security. Not a trustless crypto.
jdmcg

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 05:49:19 PM

Because tax authorities don't accept unrealised gains as remittence unfortunately, so hodling is not an option for masternodes. By running one you are guaranteed a liability of around $2000 a year in my area (which is not one of the higher income tax zones) whether you cash out or not because the revenue is unearned, so it's 99% taxable. It is not compensation for the costs of supporting the Dash network (whereas mining revenue is and so is not similarly exposed to statutory selling pressure). The risk of capital loss comes on TOP of all this.

And that explains why you could run a masternode when DASH was $40 but can't when it's $90? I mean maybe you could sell the DASH your masternodes make to pay off your tax liability? And from where I come from an increase from $40 to $90 results in a capital gain.

Every alt, except perhaps ETH, has suffered a huge decrease in value vs BTC.

How long are you going to keep this mantra going ? Till 1 BTC per masternode and beyond ? Dash is in a ranking all of its own with respect to the mined list and is plummeting down through it at a slow jogging pace. Your theory is that by reducing mining we're somehow ditching "ballast" that we didn't need it and would be more economically buoyant without it.

Well be advised it's working the other way around.

More lies? I stated a fact as you quoted. You come back with again accusing me of a position I never took even though you've been corrected multiple times now. Why do you choose to be so deceptive? If your case is so good you shouldn't need to resort to these tactics.

About 6 months ago when you started this rant of yours here, DASH was a lot closer in marketcap to 2 of the mined competitors you used to list, ETC and ZEC. So now that they don't fit your theory anymore you conveniently ignore them?

And why do you add non-mined alts (ADA, FIL) to your list of mined alts? Do you think it makes your case stronger?
jdmcg

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 06:00:31 PM

Also, several jurisdictions (Australia, Netherlands, etc) are also demanding privacy coins and Dash be delisted as a condition for banking and licensing.

Actually Dash being delisted in The Netherlands completely, is not accurate.

Only Dutch exchange Bitvavo & Dutch exchange Anycoin Direct delisted specific privacy coins (Dash, Monero, Zcash, PIVX), due to their close banking relations with
the Dutch central bank. The much bigger and more widely-used Dutch exchange Litebit.eu still has Dash listed, although they did delist Monero.

Dash listing : https://www.litebit.eu/en/buy/dash

Personally i never even heard of Bitvavo and don't trade with Anycoin Direct. Litebit.eu had problems during previous Altcoins Season (they had to close down registration
for new customers back then) and have relatively high fees in comparison to other exchanges i know of. The only advantage with using Litebit.eu is that you can buy crypto
through iDEAL payment, which only take a few minutes.

My understanding is that the DNB which permits companies/exchanges to do business in The Netherlands is now insisting among other KYC/AML measures that privacy coins, including Dash be delisted as early as this week. Multiple smaller crypto services are either complying or being shut down.

Maybe Litebit is getting an extension or is somehow able to work around this, I don't know.
Pages: « 1 ... 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 [6950] 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: