Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 [1942] 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:42:57 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 03:24:04 AM by ddink7

When I go to the darkcoin-qt console and type:
masternode genkey
I get "masternode list|count|current|votes> passphrase
(code -1)"

This is like the first step on every guide I've read, and it doesn't work at all. What's wrong?
P.S. Just in case I tried:
"masternode genkey"
I get "Method not found (code -32601)"
On closed client enter to your darkcoin.conf the line:
masternode=0
start client and write for key now...helped?

Got it! Thanks =)

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
minerjav

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:43:36 AM

Really... Dark coin means to "give a coin" in spanish ? ... If thats right Im going to give the Darkcoin foundation one of my yearly masternodes total revenue. (was going to anyway, but this is just like its just meant to be)  Cheesy

The LatinAmerican market for Darkcoin could be bigger than you can image. (We are working on that, and DRK community will count with us to help expand on this market).

"dar" means "give" but "dar coin" mix words in spanish and english, so "dar monedas" (spanish) or "give coins" (english) are mixing two languages in one sentence and could not be useful from a marketing perspective.

"give coins" translation (no phonetic equivalence) "dar monedas"
"dark coin" translation (no phonetic equivalence) "moneda oscura" or "moneda obscura"

darkcoin maybe is not the best name, but "darksend" is from my point of view one of the best names from a marketing perspective.

phosphorush

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:44:39 AM

Really... Dark coin means to "give a coin" in spanish ? ... If thats right Im going to give the Darkcoin foundation one of my yearly masternodes total revenue. (was going to anyway, but this is just like its just meant to be)  Cheesy

no "dar" means "give" in spanish and portuguese, "dark" means nothing lol

So dar-k coin .. is give-k Coin ... Sortof like im a giving person with a speech impairment

if "k" was "ka" (which it isn't), then it could mean "cá" in portuguese (unsure in spanish), which means "here/in this place" and which is used as "dar cá" = "give me", so dark coin = give me coin.

Your account locked, please contact support.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:46:26 AM

I'd LOVE to !!! <3

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
luisb

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:10:17 AM

I understand spanish and "cloak" isn't pronounced like "cloaca". Most spanish people speak english very badly Cheesy

Anyway, my point was that your theory is stupid, without any logical necessity Cheesy

Try to sell Cloak coin to a native Spanish speaker.  Good luck trying to do that.

(at least the second and third richest billionaires in the world according with Forbes 2014 will laugh instantaneously in front of you) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World%27s_Billionaires_2014

There's no need to spread FUD. "Ka" would be the pronunciation of the letter K, but not at the end of a word. If each letter were pronounced, in Latin America the pronunciation would be something like "seeleoaka" and in most of Spain "theeleoaka". How do Spanish speakers pronounce "Facebook"? Is it "Facebooka"? I don't think so.

Just let the merits of Darkcoin do the talking.

edit:missed a letter
Agree with you about no need to spread the FUD, but unfortunately for them, you are not right with the term "seeloaka". Is extremely easy test it, Just show the word to a native spanish speaker and you will find yourself the answer. (I'm a native spanish speaker).
End point, as my previous post said, is was a reference for native english readers. (native Hispanic readers know what I'm talking about).

Edit:
Facebook in spanish is phonetically as "feisbuk" or "feisbuc" (plural will be "feisbucs" )
cloak in spanish is phonetically as "cloaca" or "cloaka" ( plural will be "cloacas" )
Bitcoin is a very nice name and is phonetically equivalent in spanish as "bitcoin"
Monero is a premium name in spanish because is similar to "monedero" or a wallet to store coins.
Darkcoin is phonetically equivalent in spanish as "dark coin" or without any english background "dar coin" ("dar" translate as "give")

You have no f***ing clue how to pronounce cloak campeon, please stop the BS and check
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/pronunciation/british/cloak_2#
before spamming with your moronic posts...
and the rest of you... what a sorry excuse for a thread this has become.. 2000+ pages.. no wonder... shame on you : P
phosphorush

Activity: 503

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:21:02 AM

I understand spanish and "cloak" isn't pronounced like "cloaca". Most spanish people speak english very badly Cheesy

Anyway, my point was that your theory is stupid, without any logical necessity Cheesy

Try to sell Cloak coin to a native Spanish speaker.  Good luck trying to do that.

(at least the second and third richest billionaires in the world according with Forbes 2014 will laugh instantaneously in front of you) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World%27s_Billionaires_2014

There's no need to spread FUD. "Ka" would be the pronunciation of the letter K, but not at the end of a word. If each letter were pronounced, in Latin America the pronunciation would be something like "seeleoaka" and in most of Spain "theeleoaka". How do Spanish speakers pronounce "Facebook"? Is it "Facebooka"? I don't think so.

Agree with you about no need to spread the FUD, but unfortunately for them, you are not right with the term "seeloaka". Is extremely easy test it, Just show the word to a native spanish speaker and you will find yourself the answer. (I'm a native spanish speaker).
End point, as my previous post said, is was a reference for native english readers. (native Hispanic readers know what I'm talking about).

Edit:
Facebook in spanish is phonetically as "feisbuk" or "feisbuc" (plural will be "feisbucs" )
cloak in spanish is phonetically as "cloaca" or "cloaka" ( plural will be "cloacas" )
Bitcoin is a very nice name and is phonetically equivalent in spanish as "bitcoin"
Monero is a premium name in spanish because is similar to "monedero" or a wallet to store coins.
Darkcoin is phonetically equivalent in spanish as "dark coin" or without any english background "dar coin" ("dar" translate as "give")

You have no f***ing clue how to pronounce cloak campeon, please stop the BS and check
and the rest of you... what a sorry excuse for a thread this has become.. 2000+ pages.. no wonder... shame on you : P

+1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvgvWLneIQ4 - spanish guy speaking english

Your account locked, please contact support.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:07:03 AM

Edit:

Solid first post.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:16:01 AM

What's Cloak coin ? Why its spanish pronunciation is relevant... oh nevermind

KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:37:35 AM

I feel very much out of touch with development since the latest rollback. The latest setback changed things, but an updated longer term timeline was not provided. Can we have an updated tentative timeline for future improvements from the dev team? It would be good to have this I think as I feel a bit in the dark.

- How is the masternode payment testing going?
- When can we expect masternode payments on main net?
- When can we expect further anonimity?
- When can we expect removal of 10 DRK darksend limit?

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc3-relaunch-strategy-and-testing.1482/

I agree and feel that investors need more information (especially technical info) in order to gauge the current risk of investing.

I sold all my holdings during the second fork attempt rollback but have bought back 1/2  of my position after getting the last limited update. I am reluctant to pull the trigger on the other 1/2 until I know more. Evan please remember to keep the investors informed. Thanks!
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:03:33 AM

I feel very much out of touch with development since the latest rollback. The latest setback changed things, but an updated longer term timeline was not provided. Can we have an updated tentative timeline for future improvements from the dev team? It would be good to have this I think as I feel a bit in the dark.

I agree and feel that investors need more information (especially technical info) in order to gauge the current risk of investing.

I sold all my holdings during the second fork attempt rollback but have bought back 1/2  of my position after getting the last limited update. I am reluctant to pull the trigger on the other 1/2 until I know more. Evan please remember to keep the investors informed. Thanks!

As an investor I would rather have Evan working to get RC3 out as soon as possible than worry about posting minor updates in this ANN thread. It is not like information is not available or scattered about. The current status can be easily inferred by reading the following thread (note this is not the same link as above).

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc3-prelaunch-testing.1523/
nomad1109

Activity: 238

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:34:14 AM

Why do so many of you bite when they throw the bait in the water?

YOU are the problem with this thread... it had devolved into immaturity and that is what is being represented now to those who come here for information.

You think you are 'addressing the problem' or stopping them from spreading BS, but you are furthering the ability to keep it on the current pages with quotes and your own smart ass remarks.

SOOOO pointless.

Send them a link to the FAQ, ignore their BS posts, and it will be 5 pages back in 2 hours.

You want to drive them nuts? Ignore them and post relevant info about DRK.

Want to post anything about another coin? Try their forum!

Ok, back to the drivel...

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:41:08 AM

here is some darkcoin related info :

http://www.coindesk.com/darkcoin-battles-anonymous-transaction-system-setback/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
naxin

Activity: 170

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:42:12 AM

As an investor I would rather have Evan working to get RC3 out as soon as possible than worry about posting minor updates in this ANN thread. It is not like information is not available or scattered about. The current status can be easily inferred by reading the following thread (note this is not the same link as above).

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc3-prelaunch-testing.1523/

I think we have had this exact conversation 100 times in the last 200 pages, and the conclusion is always the same, exactly what you said.

If as an investor you don't like how few status updates get posted here, then don't invest. No one gives a shit. Primarily because had you spent 5 minutes doing your research, every single one of your questions has already been answered.

If you want current information, read the darkcointalk forums, a place dedicated to darkcoin. And if you want the absolute most up to date information, join the IRC channel #darkcoin on freenode.
r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:56:56 AM

Really... Dark coin means to "give a coin" in spanish ? ... If thats right Im going to give the Darkcoin foundation one of my yearly masternodes total revenue. (was going to anyway, but this is just like its meant to be)  Cheesy

That's because it is meant to be. The deeper meaning of Darkcoin isn't in the word, its in the technology and how the technology will change the world. This world is always changing and Darkcoin is a force of that change.

The World Darkcoin Foundation is an extension of that force, a parallel flow, symbiotic in life and meaning.

Smiley I would like to thank you on behalf of DRK and the world for considering contributing to the World Darkcoin Foundation.

I am also very happy to announce a member of the Darkcoin community has contributed 80 DRK to the WDF today!

If you donate to the WDF you choose how long you would like to contribute to it's nodes. After the period of time has finished you may leave the coins with the organisation or they will be returned to you at any time according to your desires. You will also be asked if you would like to decide how they will be distributed around the world. (20% here, 30% ther, etc.) And basically anything is possible, we want to have fun with this and we want the whole world to get to enjoy Darkcoin and so we are working on different concepts for distribution. The organsiation will be focused on transparency and will be responsible towards itself and the world and will have a board of directors based on investment in the foundation. I also suggest we try to bring in some celebrities focused on humane causes to be on the board on directors with the main contributors. All thoughts and suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated. Many things in the works DRK community!

We also received our first contribution from a young investor today who at 13 years old managed to contribute 2 DRK with her allowance so that the children of the world could share her good fortune. She said it was a better feeling than buying candy and her stomach felt better after too.  Smiley

Current World Darkcoin Foundation contributions: 1082 DRK

Approximately 370 000 are born every day. Newborns might not have much DRK to start depending on the support for this foundation, but it will grow and they will grow with it. Much more to come soon, thank you.

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
Liquid71

Activity: 835

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:57:26 AM

premined scam coin run by amateurs

Idea is solid, but why not develop the darksend feature before releasing a coin?

dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:10:21 AM

masternode genkey
(code -1)"

This is like the first step on every guide I've read, and it doesn't work at all. What's wrong?
"masternode genkey"
On closed client enter to your darkcoin.conf the line:
masternode=0
start client and write for key now...helped?

Got it! Thanks =)

Can you lose your 1K coins if somebody gets access to the key that is generated with "masternode genkey"
or is it only something like a link to the blockchain that makes sure the coins exist ?
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:22:40 AM

masternode genkey
(code -1)"

"masternode genkey"

genkey is only in RC.

User RC binary(0.10.x), not Stable(0.9.x).

chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:27:30 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 07:39:24 AM by chaeplin

Can you lose your 1K coins if somebody gets access to the key that is generated with "masternode genkey"
or is it only something like a link to the blockchain that makes sure the coins exist ?

Generated key is not related to private key of the address holding 1K and not related to Wallet passphrase.

Generated key is used to sign a message.

edit :

https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/new-version-9-4-0-and-10-8-0.690/
Code:
Masternodes now sign their 1000DRK vin for the first message to the network, 
then they specific a second pubkey that they will sign all further messages with.
This second signing key must be specified for all masternodes in the configuration with the option "masternodeprivkey"

"masternode genkey" : generates a completely random key that is never used in the wallet and has no funds associated with it.
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:33:13 AM

Generated key is not related to private key of the address holding 1K and not related to Wallet passphrase.

Generated key is used to sign a message.
Thanks
MinerP

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:41:27 AM

do you like money? sell DRK buy VRC then sell VRC buy DRK...
Pages: « 1 ... 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 [1942] 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: