Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:05:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:09:48 AM

Interesting discussion in NXT thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5356613#msg5356613

It seems they realize that 100% POS coin concept is not enough as it
does not give any incentive to users with low account balance to run the node.
I see some influence of "NON INNOVATIVE" PON / POI concept here Wink

sorry for asking a newbie question?  Smiley but why is it important for small accounts to run their nodes. Is it not enough for big accounts to run the system, they are forging all the fees anyway.

How does the POI system work anyway, Who or what determines which node is more important. Will it be possible in NEM for a person with 100 NEM to forge more then a person with 10000 NEM?

It depends on a couple of factors and I think the details e.g. balance between factors aren't 1000% worked out yet.

The amount of NEM you own will still be a factor. Also it will be a factor how much you actually use NEM. If you buy 100000 NEM but never make a single transaction your not going to get very far in terms of forging. It will also depend on what kind of node you are running. If you are running a client node you're not as important to the network as if you're running a server node which holds the entire blockchain.

I am trying several algorithms for POI right now. I think we will settle on a harmonic mean between amount of NEM and importance to the network.

Will you publish your simulations ?
I think it'd help people understand POI and also give them an idea on their potential forging power.

Yes, I plan to make my work open source when it is ready.

Would you consider waiting a few months, maybe 6 months to a year. Considering all of the NXT clones popping up.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:25:21 AM

sorry for asking a newbie question?  Smiley but why is it important for small accounts to run their nodes. Is it not enough for big accounts to run the system, they are forging all the fees anyway.

How does the POI system work anyway, Who or what determines which node is more important. Will it be possible in NEM for a person with 100 NEM to forge more then a person with 10000 NEM?

It depends on a couple of factors and I think the details e.g. balance between factors aren't 1000% worked out yet.

The amount of NEM you own will still be a factor. Also it will be a factor how much you actually use NEM. If you buy 100000 NEM but never make a single transaction your not going to get very far in terms of forging. It will also depend on what kind of node you are running. If you are running a client node you're not as important to the network as if you're running a server node which holds the entire blockchain.

I am trying several algorithms for POI right now. I think we will settle on a harmonic mean between amount of NEM and importance to the network.

I think it'd help people understand POI and also give them an idea on their potential forging power.

Would you consider waiting a few months, maybe 6 months to a year. Considering all of the NXT clones popping up.

We have to tell people how POI works otherwise they don't see why it is better or usefull at all. Once they know how it works decent devs can build it anyway and not so decent devs won't be able to make a great clone out of it anyway.

Imho withholding parts of the code has done more harm than good for NXT and we should learn from that.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:28:08 AM

I think what I will do is decide the algorithm and implement it on the NEM blockchain. Then write a paper outlining POI, and right before the release of NEM, I would release the paper (not just w.r.t. NEM, but also as a proposal to implement POI to improve bitcoin). This would give us great community feedback on the security of the algorithm in time to make changes before the launch, but hopefully not in time for others to copy and beat us to it.

This project is open source, though, so we'll see how things go. I do want to have POI fully explained and demonstrated before the final NEM blockchain is launched.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
hisun

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:53:52 AM

I think what I will do is decide the algorithm and implement it on the NEM blockchain. Then write a paper outlining POI, and right before the release of NEM, I would release the paper (not just w.r.t. NEM, but also as a proposal to implement POI to improve bitcoin). This would give us great community feedback on the security of the algorithm in time to make changes before the launch, but hopefully not in time for others to copy and beat us to it.

This project is open source, though, so we'll see how things go. I do want to have POI fully explained and demonstrated before the final NEM blockchain is launched.

Expectantly Smiley
up
nine009

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 09:08:34 AM

When will nem wallet launch?
patmast3r

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:17:13 AM

There's no ETA yet.

nine009

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 09:33:21 AM

There's no ETA yet.

thanks!
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:13:33 AM

Shameless repost, we need community members to get involved for this to be great!

nemcoin.info
Current Versions are at:
http://oddape.co/AwkwardTheme/index1.9.8.html (black theme)
and
http://oddape.co/AwkwardTheme/index1.9.7.html (blue theme)

Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gbp1rivOTFZvtBG0_rJabUyyKbDuZjMBx9jiifBJO0c/edit?usp=sharing   (nemcoin.info proposal)

Please give me your input, I have appreciated all the suggestions so far! Do you like the black or blue theme? I prefer the blue theme as I think it is more welcoming, but the black theme would go well with ournem.com
<snip>

Reading previous posts this may not be popular...

Don't mind black or blue - what I would say is the contrast of the black really helps other features stand out and gives the page a stronger more striking feel to it...

In comparison the blue feels more average colour, a bit like Hewlett Packard corporate blue and microsoft use a blue like that quite a lot.

Nothing wrong with that... they want to be welcoming too. A DARKER Blue perhaps would give welcome and contrast?

I think there is too much text in the website.

I personally like clean websites. Like this one I made for NXT once;

http://ilgunf.wix.com/nxtmovement

Also the buttons on top of the website are not noticable (Home, about, community etc.). I noticed them after 3 visites to the website.

So my advice is to keep it very simple and readable for everyone.

I agree, the cleaner the better...I like your test NXT site.

Not to diminish the work done by crackerhead on the other site but I would like to see a site with sleeker/smoother lines. Much easier on the eyes.

Wish I could help!?

Smiley

You can help Cheesy! https://trello.com/b/GEWEPSZJ/nem-promotion

You can ask utopian to add you if there are areas that you could contribute to!
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:18:43 AM

There is a good flow of idea's discussing in NEM official forum, people come there and discuss about those ideas.

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
erkki12

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:19:12 AM

+1

This is exactly what should be done. No need to be afraid of copycats! Our coin will anyways have the best community behind it for a long time after the release. Did bitcoin got hurt by all the copycoins? No, they only lifted its value.
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:47:13 AM

3. How can I get my shares ?

You will need to access your BTT account to send a PM or make a post confirming the ownership of the account to claim your share. Detail instructions in an announcement will be posted here, NEM reddit, NEM facebook, ournem website and the announcement will last at least 5 days. It is your responsibility to read and follow the instructions to claim your shares. So please check back frequently. Thanks.

What happens with the coins when 4-5 people don't see the announcement and doesn't claim the share?

Maybe we can use it for giveaways?

BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:00:48 AM

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and may you laugh me, but what if we would write another coin (little brother of NEM), which would only be possible to mine/forge by trading and/or holding NEM?
The more you hold, the more you mine. Also if you sell or buy some NEM you're earning some of the little brother. NEM should get an unbelievable thrust through and it would people
even more animate to use this Movement.

More I would bet some little stakes for Social Media, especially pages which are specialized for enlightening peepz and tell them about our current monetary system .
100 000 NEM for example for https://www.facebook.com/Killuminati.for.Wakeup?fref=ts when posting about us.
This may would bring a big thrust of new people interested to Cryptocurrency because 372 000 sociocritical people would read about it.

Tell me what you think of it Smiley

It is very nice idea and it is doable via creating asset/ coin on top of the asset exchange.  

That would be a really huge thing i guess and I was glad to see that the Community seems to like this idea, too. May let us keep in mind Smiley
There are a lot of things we can do in marketing, and stabilizing the coin.
For example we should create a wallet for downloading, like the Bitcoinwallet. Not like NXT in the browser. Personally I feel a lot more comfortable and easier to use by having it on my PC.
But it should be completely redesigned and intuitive to use, not another clone of a all these out there. It was feature a scam coin advertised a short time ago, but in the end it was just a trojan horse, which is good for us, so we could still be the first to build this client and add with it.

And for sure there already was this suggestion, but if we would be able to build up an exchange or possibility where people could buy their NEM directly with Euro/Dollar/etc., it would possible be the greatest thing that could happen to us. Not only that it would be a lot more easier especially for rookies to start getting their first coins, also it would give our community an important feature to stand alone and independent from the Bitcoinrate.

I would love to do this all, I'm not bad in marketing and selling products but unfortunately like I said, I'm not a programmer :/
At this moment it's all about collecting some suggestions and may getting some weird ideas together to see what's implementable and what's not Smiley

Here it is: TakePart!
Fatih87SK

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:04:03 AM

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and may you laugh me, but what if we would write another coin (little brother of NEM), which would only be possible to mine/forge by trading and/or holding NEM?
The more you hold, the more you mine. Also if you sell or buy some NEM you're earning some of the little brother. NEM should get an unbelievable thrust through and it would people

More I would bet some little stakes for Social Media, especially pages which are specialized for enlightening peepz and tell them about our current monetary system .
100 000 NEM for example for https://www.facebook.com/Killuminati.for.Wakeup?fref=ts when posting about us.
This may would bring a big thrust of new people interested to Cryptocurrency because 372 000 sociocritical people would read about it.

It is very nice idea and it is doable via creating asset/ coin on top of the asset exchange. 

That would be a really huge thing i guess and I was glad to see that the Community seems to like this idea, too. May let us keep in mind Smiley
For example we should create a wallet for downloading, like the Bitcoinwallet. Not like NXT in the browser. Personally I feel a lot more comfortable to have my wallet on my PC.
But it should be completely redesigned and intuitive to use, not another clone of a all the wallets out there. It was feature a scam coin advertised a short time ago, but in the end it was just a trojan horse, which is good for us, so we could still be the first to build this client and add with it.

And for sure there already was this suggestion, but if we would be able to build up an exchange or possibility where people could buy their NEM directly with Euro/Dollar/etc., it would possible be the greatest thing that could happen to us. Not only that it would be a lot more easier especially for rookies to start getting their first coins, also it would give our community an important feature to stand alone and independent from the Bitcoinrate.

I would love to do this all, I'm not bad in marketing and selling products but unfortunately like I said, I'm not a programmer :/
At this moment it's all about collecting some suggestions and may getting some weird ideas together to see what's implementable and what's not Smiley

There are multiple wallets available for NXT that you can download on your desktop.

Soon there will be another one available to download (of nexern).

BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:11:10 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 11:37:20 AM by BitZCoin

For example we should create a wallet for downloading, like the Bitcoinwallet. Not like NXT in the browser. Personally I feel a lot more comfortable to have my wallet on my PC.
But it should be completely redesigned and intuitive to use, not another clone of a all the wallets out there. It was feature a scam coin advertised a short time ago, but in the end it was just a trojan horse, which is good for us, so we could still be the first to build this client and add with it.

There are multiple wallets available for NXT that you can download on your desktop.

Soon there will be another one available to download (of nexern).

This should be the way we should go, too Smiley Just if possible I would build up a wallet out from the beginning of NEM, so we could add with it Smiley
But the client always is a matter of taste I think, some guys out there like the one in the browser, too. It's always hard to say what people would prefer, so in the end it would be good to have both of them, maybe even more; just for the start I personally would prefer it, too. It's a lot more user friendly to have it directly on PC like the Bitcoinwallet, or Solaris/Nexern and Co. with NXT.
The important thing is always that it has to be simple to understand and easy to use to get out of this nerd rail with cryptocurrency and to reach the "Mainstream" and get a public recognized coin. It's the way to success I guess.

Here it is: TakePart!
Xpedite

Activity: 258

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:16:07 AM

This is a very good idea IMO !
If NEM is linked POI which then would be used to improve bitcoin NEM would go viral  Cool

With regards to the clones, you can expect several NEM clones in the future too! This is just the way things work...
However, everything depends on the community. If we can build a great NEM community that keeps working on improvements (overall) we have nothing to fear.

newNEM

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:31:27 AM

Hello admins,
Is there any update of NEM in terms of development plan and project plan?
Can you please keep us posted on status and timeline?

Thanks
patmast3r

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:50:47 AM

Hello admins,
Is there any update of NEM in terms of development plan and project plan?
Can you please keep us posted on status and timeline?

Thanks

You can see all updates in the first post of this thread.

conbos

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:05:11 PM

Hey guys...

Never too late to mention. If at some point you need additional expertise in programming; I am quite proficient in MATLAB. I used specially for time-frequency power analyses (Fourier decomposition), coherence spectrum and Granger causality. These are quite fancy methods to study the behavior of complex networks. So, for instance, if at some point you want to quantify the level of communication between two nodes of a network; coherence analysis can provide a good estimate of the observed interactions. Open to discuss about those issues more in deep, if it is needed

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
erkki12

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:11:54 PM

For example we should create a wallet for downloading, like the Bitcoinwallet. Not like NXT in the browser. Personally I feel a lot more comfortable and easier to use by having it on my PC.
But it should be completely redesigned and intuitive to use, not another clone of a all these out there. It was feature a scam coin advertised a short time ago, but in the end it was just a trojan horse, which is good for us, so we could still be the first to build this client and add with it.

There will be probably a usable GUI wallet launched together with the coin. Or at least there was talk about that from the devs if I remember correctly, so there's no need to worry about that Cheesy.

Also we're currently in the early phases of creating a fiat to NEM exchange. Nothing is certain, but just to let you know that we're working on these things.
Fatih87SK

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:12:10 PM

Hey guys...

Never too late to mention. If at some point you need additional expertise in programming; I am quite proficient in MATLAB. I used specially for time-frequency power analyses (Fourier decomposition), coherence spectrum and Granger causality. These are quite fancy methods to study the behavior of complex networks. So, for instance, if at some point you want to quantify the level of communication between two nodes of a network; coherence analysis can provide a good estimate of the observed interactions. Open to discuss about those issues more in deep, if it is needed

Awesome

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: