Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:04:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:49:52 AM

Really cool.

I loved this one!!!

Hey Guys,

this is Version 2 of my logo Smiley

as usual feel free to use, share & modify!

-> blue
-> white

-> blue
-> white
[/center]

feedback appreciated!
btw, Im still undecided on the color scheme.
maybe the "learn more"-button color is a good choice.

I

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hisun

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:56:15 AM

X * quote ...

Apparently I made a wrong evaluation in the beginning of this NEM IPO;
and ofc let the previous NXT logo competition "scare" Smiley

Otherwise everything would have been so much easier and saved network bandwidth  Wink

Suggestions (drafts) for NEM logo and currency symbol:

https://i.imgur.com/3CmjQ99.png

https://i.imgur.com/q8cfQnC.png

https://i.imgur.com/Zj7Fa7A.png

https://i.imgur.com/q8HOwwA.png

https://i.imgur.com/xFUT8Wc.png

Last three are kind of interesting. The balance could be a little better, though.

Thanks for the positive feedback. (I guess it was such Smiley )

What do you mean by better balance?  ... I'm willing to draw better drafts if it is possible Smiley

Those drafts are kind of results of an evolution: started from "NEM" ...  

And the same for the currency symbol. They are usually one letter + (long/short) lines like $, £, €.
I was thinking that a letter is too common for NEM. But on the other hand it shouldn't be totally new symbol, which is coming outside of our alphabets Smiley

But, I'd still develope the images, if they have any perfectible draft Smiley

Hello Jkoil.

I like your work especially that kind you play with colors, however could you try to create a colored symbol similar to the symbol located in signature of patmast3r?

I mean, it's just a proposal.

Unfortunately I'm not a graphic-artist or programmer   Sad

Regards

ok, that proposal was quite easy to do, if you wanted just one-color-NEMs. Shades and such effects are out of my tools Smiley

very nice
i like. Grin
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:51:15 AM

Proof of importance?  I've just skimmed, but how is this calculated?

Can someone explain this, IN DETAIL?  We need to start looking at the algorithm critically to make sure it cannot be easily exploited.

I think you should pm makoto1337 about this

The details haven't been finalized yet. We're in the process of running some simulations.

NEM - nem.io
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:34:08 AM

Can someone explain this, IN DETAIL?  We need to start looking at the algorithm critically to make sure it cannot be easily exploited.

Yes, the details will be made publicly available. I am still developing and testing POI, but the source and tests will be public. I am also working on a whitepaper to explain the algorithm. We should have an alpha version of the blockchain up for us developers to play with in a few weeks. Based on tests there, there might be some changes, so I think the detailed explanation of POI will be 1-2 months from now.

I think POI will not be any more controversial than POS, however. I think POI will be safer than POS because it will be harder for any single entity to take control of the network.

There are a few different algorithms and variations I am trying, so I hope everyone will be patient as we try to develop something new, innovate, and more secure (and fairer).

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:39:19 AM

Maybe NEM will have some benefits from the Egalitarian.
There will not be such whales (unless there are some groups of sockpuppets), who are just waiting ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5384028#msg5384028

The question is does it make a difference if you have few people harding a lot compared to many people hoarding less. POI will be a huge factor here but I still think many stakeholders are going to sit on their NEM waiting to dump it once it get's the first big spike.

In the beginning, yes, those who want a quick profit will dump and run. Those who want to create a new economic movement will stay. That is why it is important to include businesses in the NEM community, so that people can use NEM in their daily lives.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:42:05 AM

Maybe NEM will have some benefits from the Egalitarian.
There will not be such whales (unless there are some groups of sockpuppets), who are just waiting ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5384028#msg5384028

The question is does it make a difference if you have few people harding a lot compared to many people hoarding less. POI will be a huge factor here but I still think many stakeholders are going to sit on their NEM waiting to dump it once it get's the first big spike.

This can be both a good and bad thing.

Yes, people can dump, but this just means those who recognize the value in NEM will buy up. Yes, sure, this may mean existing stakeholders may just accumulate more NEM, making the distribution more unbalanced, but this may not necessarily be a bad thing if said individual has their priorities right and actually has an active involvement in (this) community/thread.

In regards to my own stake, i hope to contribute as much as i can to the community as i lack the knowledge and experience to do so in any other way.

I may not participate much, but i pay much attention to threads such as this.

What i'm seeing in regards to NXT is pretty much exactly what i feared; A select minority -- who have no involvement in the community -- accumulating large sums, with the sole intent to likely dump as soon as it's valuable. It goes without saying that if you hold a large sum in any crypto, it's in YOUR long term interest to cooperate with the community as much as possible. Sadly greed often blinds people and it wouldn't surprise me if they do this with an agenda...sabotage the coin, perhaps.

Proof-of-Stake may actually make the currency less stable in the sense that if you have a large stake, you don't want to be holding it if everything crashes down. So large stakeholders have an incentive to dump before everyone else, which would crash the currency (in a self-fulfilling way). Also, PoS does not work if short-selling is supported for a currency.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:53:43 AM

Hey Guys,

this is version 2 of my logo Smiley

as usual feel free to use & modify!

feedback appreciated!

I really like the red one. Cool design. Reminds me of 陰陽.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
wangjj1

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:37:30 AM

Hey Guys,

this is version 2 of my logo Smiley

as usual feel free to use & modify!

http://imageshack.com/a/img22/5011/d3v8.jpg

feedback appreciated!

It is very cool,and reminds of our country ancient currency ,see the link:
http://image.baidu.com/i?ct=503316480&z=&tn=baiduimagedetail&ipn=d&word=%E5%8F%A4%E4%BB%A3%E9%92%B1%E5%B8%81%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87&step_word=&ie=utf-8&in=24014&cl=2&lm=-1&st=-1&pn=108&rn=1&di=20880656170&ln=1997&fr=ala1&&fmq=1350297510862_R&ic=0&s=&se=1&sme=0&tab=&width=&height=&face=0&is=&istype=2&ist=&jit=&objurl=http%3A%2F%2F3gmuseum.cn%2Fuploadfile%2F2010010832723099.JPG#pn118&-1&di115537905230&objURLhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.huitao.net%2Fimages%2Fsp%2Fbao%2Fuploaded%2Fi3%2FT1V78CXgpcXXXMoN39_073638.jpg&fromURLippr_z2C%24qAzdH3FAzdH3Fooo_z%26e3Bi7tpw5_z%26e3BgjpAzdH3FipfrAzdH3Fc0md908m8c_z%26e3Bip4s&W1623&H1862&T10954&S300&TPjpg
conbos

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:20:01 AM

Now this is just to cheer up all the NEM'sters out there. A quote from NXT's official thread from come-from-beyond when talking about NXT's distribution:

The main issue I see is distributing the coins to enough people.

Agree. Without at least 100 users on start the whole currency is pointless. I would spend collected bitcoins for advertising instead of development of advanced features.

We have a wonderful community atm! If NXT has gotten this far with 73 stakeholders, just imagine what 3000 NEM'sters with better distribution can do Cheesy!

Agree... but I have one concern. Let's think what could happen during the first two weeks of NEM. If the price going up regarding the original one (but still cheap for a big whale), it's going to be attractive. Many of the stakeholders can be prompted to sell in order to get immediate profit and then; a big whale (or a few number) can buy a lot of NEM coins, thus concentrating the money in a few owners and diluting the major effort that UP and dev team is doing into produce a fair initial distribution. In a purely free-market framework, I guess this is a plausible scenario and hard to avoid unless you want to intervene the markets until the money raise to get a respectable price that makes difficult to buy big amounts for only one or a few persons

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:43:38 AM

What u are saying is very likely to happen  Sad, the only solution would be to release the coins to stakeholders in stages, personally I wont mind that, even if it goes against the values to decentralization. A short term centralization of power to ensure stability and decentralization in the long run is not all that bad.

What difference does it make, if you are a long term holder,not much right. Does anyone agree?
sjarkara

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:54:35 AM

Still prefer the second one. Simple, very stylish en readable. Not to mention friendly and open.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:44:14 AM

Still prefer the second one. Simple, very stylish en readable. Not to mention friendly and open.

For me they are too much like the NXT logo.

patmast3r

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:45:02 AM

Yes, the details will be made publicly available. I am still developing and testing POI, but the source and tests will be public. I am also working on a whitepaper to explain the algorithm. We should have an alpha version of the blockchain up for us developers to play with in a few weeks. Based on tests there, there might be some changes, so I think the detailed explanation of POI will be 1-2 months from now.

I think POI will not be any more controversial than POS, however. I think POI will be safer than POS because it will be harder for any single entity to take control of the network.

There are a few different algorithms and variations I am trying, so I hope everyone will be patient as we try to develop something new, innovate, and more secure (and fairer).

I think POI will be fairer than pure POS and I also think will be able to recognize that very quickly once they understand POI.

sjarkara

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:39:17 AM

When this one is known all over the world, who cares?
hisun

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:42:27 AM

I also think that we should have innovation.
nem up up Grin
patmast3r

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:42:35 AM

When this one is known all over the world, who cares?

Every single hater and troll that will then use this to bitch about it ?
If we want to be different from NXT why go with practically the same logo ? Especially if we have so many good ones to choose fromm.

wqdqszj

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:04:03 AM

Wow, here is an interesting thing and i wonder if you guys have seen it.

A man named "sfinder" said NEM is just a SCAM. Smiley

Link
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448248.0

The funny thing is i find "sfinder" in the NEM stakeholder list! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So how do you think about it, buddies???

boop123

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:18:20 AM

Link

The funny thing is i find "sfinder" in the NEM stakeholder list! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Cheesy a clown
patmast3r

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:21:52 AM

Link

He said to be cautios which in general is not bad. I guess when the second thread started he had changed his mind and bought a stake.

ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:42:43 AM

he should admit he made a mistake and apologize atleast  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: