Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:02:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:07:18 PM

Who is our target audience/customer

This is important. There are over a hundred cryptocurrencies , all of them offering similar services. How do we create a niche market for NEM. What kind of people are we looking to attract to NEM. We cannot be all things to every one, that would make us a weak generic coin.

How are we fundamentally different from other coins?. We need a selling point for people to be particularly interested in using NEM rather than the competition. POI is an interesting forging concept, but it will only attract miners, mostly looking for a quick profit, Who will dump NEM without a second thought even for a little extra profit.

We need a slogan and we need to back it up with deeds. We need to find people who believes in that cause and fiercely target them. If we get our niche members we have no need to fear anyone.

Utopian Future please tell us what are we trying to achieve with NEM. I know its to make the world a better place with technology, but its too broad, do we have any particular cause we would really like to make a difference in?

Marketing( spreading awareness) NEM right now seems pointless,  unless we can decide what is to be marketed or promoted.

Bitcoin is the first crypto coin that starts the decentralization + financial freedom movements. To be fair every crypto can claim to be used for decentralization + financial freedom. What's I like to see with the community 1-2 year along the way is that we together organize a lot of social projects/ events. It should be a decentralized, grassroots effort with many different local groups but we could also have some centralized coordination. Raising value of NEM/ Nemcoin would be the financial vehicle for the community to fund its project/ events. At the same times, if we do it right and start to be real-world relevance, NEM price would be raising even further and make our works easier.

Another aspect we need to do well is to expand the user-bases and distribute NEM to as many people as possible. When we makes/ helps a new person adopt NEM, we further the cause of decentralization + financial freedom. imo, decentralized asset exchange is a big technological forward and the user-case potential is huge so that's something we should be ready to promote in a big way and adopt as many users as possible.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
StuartGT

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:17:33 PM

I don't normally do this kind of stuff (and probably shouldn't  Cheesy)
I'm an engineer so it probably shows that I've gone for a square 3D object...
But can we please have someone thinking out of the 'box' on this logo...

I thought this was more than a coin... so do we have to look like all the other coins that are out there...

Dude that's pretty cool. Colours arent rly my thing but the idea is very good imho.

I like this very much too - and I'm on the same thoughts with changing the colours - perhaps change the N and E to Π and Ξ as seen in some of the other logo designs?
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:24:37 PM

I don't normally do this kind of stuff (and probably shouldn't  Cheesy)
I'm an engineer so it probably shows that I've gone for a square 3D object...
But can we please have someone thinking out of the 'box' on this logo...

I thought this was more than a coin... so do we have to look like all the other coins that are out there...

Dude that's pretty cool. Colours arent rly my thing but the idea is very good imho.

I like this very much too - and I'm on the same thoughts with changing the colours - perhaps change the N and E to Π and Ξ as seen in some of the other logo designs?

Well if you like I can try to change the colours and find the Π and Ξ on my keyboard
What colours?

li_ink

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:36:35 PM

We have a wonderful community atm! If NXT has gotten this far with 73 stakeholders, just imagine what 3000 NEM'sters with better distribution can do Cheesy!

Wink
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:41:15 PM

Now this is just to cheer up all the NEM'sters out there. A quote from NXT's official thread from come-from-beyond when talking about NXT's distribution:

The main issue I see is distributing the coins to enough people.

Agree. Without at least 100 users on start the whole currency is pointless. I would spend collected bitcoins for advertising instead of development of advanced features.

We have a wonderful community atm! If NXT has gotten this far with 73 stakeholders, just imagine what 3000 NEM'sters with better distribution can do Cheesy!

Agree... but I have one concern. Let's think what could happen during the first two weeks of NEM. If the price going up regarding the original one (but still cheap for a big whale), it's going to be attractive. Many of the stakeholders can be prompted to sell in order to get immediate profit and then; a big whale (or a few number) can buy a lot of NEM coins, thus concentrating the money in a few owners and diluting the major effort that UP and dev team is doing into produce a fair initial distribution. In a purely free-market framework, I guess this is a plausible scenario and hard to avoid unless you want to intervene the markets until the money raise to get a respectable price that makes difficult to buy big amounts for only one or a few persons

That is a legitimate concern and there is no comprehensive solution here. This problem will not be avoidable unless we create a centralized distribution, and that is something that noone wants.

One thing that will combat the centripetal movement of coins in the longer terms is the improved forging mechanism where the fee coins will be distributed not based just to POS.
chanc3r

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:44:26 PM

Here you go... with the  Π and Ξ
Put them in a group to see what they look like...
Done nothing with the colour

JKBtCn

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:49:31 PM

3. How can I get my shares ?

You will need to access your BTT account to send a PM or make a post confirming the ownership of the account to claim your share. Detail instructions in an announcement will be posted here, NEM reddit, NEM facebook, ournem website and the announcement will last at least 5 days. It is your responsibility to read and follow the instructions to claim your shares. So please check back frequently. Thanks.

What happens with the coins when 4-5 people don't see the announcement and doesn't claim the share?

Maybe we can use it for giveaways?

Probably a good idea to use PM from this forum rather than emails to inform people of receipt of coins...there are issues with spam for many peoples' accounts (especially hotmail)...including mine. Lots of missed emails and had to change accounts. Cant do that here, now!

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:50:30 PM

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and may you laugh me, but what if we would write another coin (little brother of NEM), which would only be possible to mine/forge by trading and/or holding NEM?
The more you hold, the more you mine. Also if you sell or buy some NEM you're earning some of the little brother. NEM should get an unbelievable thrust through and it would people
even more animate to use this Movement.

More I would bet some little stakes for Social Media, especially pages which are specialized for enlightening peepz and tell them about our current monetary system .
100 000 NEM for example for https://www.facebook.com/Killuminati.for.Wakeup?fref=ts when posting about us.
This may would bring a big thrust of new people interested to Cryptocurrency because 372 000 sociocritical people would read about it.

Tell me what you think of it Smiley

It is very nice idea and it is doable via creating asset/ coin on top of the asset exchange.  

That would be a really huge thing i guess and I was glad to see that the Community seems to like this idea, too. May let us keep in mind Smiley
There are a lot of things we can do in marketing, and stabilizing the coin.
For example we should create a wallet for downloading, like the Bitcoinwallet. Not like NXT in the browser. Personally I feel a lot more comfortable and easier to use by having it on my PC.
But it should be completely redesigned and intuitive to use, not another clone of a all these out there. It was feature a scam coin advertised a short time ago, but in the end it was just a trojan horse, which is good for us, so we could still be the first to build this client and add with it.

And for sure there already was this suggestion, but if we would be able to build up an exchange or possibility where people could buy their NEM directly with Euro/Dollar/etc., it would possible be the greatest thing that could happen to us. Not only that it would be a lot more easier especially for rookies to start getting their first coins, also it would give our community an important feature to stand alone and independent from the Bitcoinrate.

I would love to do this all, I'm not bad in marketing and selling products but unfortunately like I said, I'm not a programmer :/
At this moment it's all about collecting some suggestions and may getting some weird ideas together to see what's implementable and what's not Smiley

There will be probably a usable GUI wallet launched together with the coin. Or at least there was talk about that from the devs if I remember correctly, so there's no need to worry about that Cheesy.

Also we're currently in the early phases of creating a fiat to NEM exchange. Nothing is certain, but just to let you know that we're working on these things.

Hello.

Anyone who is included or will be included into development of NEM <--> FIAT.
exchange should check this interesting thread.
Is a project about decentralized BTC <--> FIAT exchange.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=462236.0;topicseen

Maybe the ideas exposed there could be helpful for the NEM community and
maybe NEM developers can join together with developers of that project to help each other
in the exchange development.

Looks interesting, Ill read it thoroughly later today. Thanks for the info!
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:52:51 PM

3. How can I get my shares ?

You will need to access your BTT account to send a PM or make a post confirming the ownership of the account to claim your share. Detail instructions in an announcement will be posted here, NEM reddit, NEM facebook, ournem website and the announcement will last at least 5 days. It is your responsibility to read and follow the instructions to claim your shares. So please check back frequently. Thanks.

What happens with the coins when 4-5 people don't see the announcement and doesn't claim the share?

Maybe we can use it for giveaways?

Probably a good idea to use PM from this forum rather than emails to inform people of receipt of coins...there are issues with spam for many peoples' accounts (especially hotmail)...including mine. Lots of missed emails and had to change accounts. Cant do that here, now!

No PM. There will be an announcement and an instruction as said.. Ample times will be given so that you should be able to follow if you pay attention even only once a week. People who did not claim the shares during the claiming period will get the money back because all the un-claimed shares will be destroyed after the claiming period.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
StuartGT

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:55:34 PM

Here you go... with the  Π and Ξ
Put them in a group to see what they look like...
Done nothing with the colour

Now that I think looks quality, colours look better as solid shades each side.

Another thought following from your out-of-the-box suggestion, is how would the text characters look if they were popped/embossed/expanded out of the box, i.e. in the same fashion as Lego pieces have their connector nubs pop out at the top?  It's a lateral thought as how to represent NEM (or ΠΞM) as the "building blocks of future crypto-transactions".

I'm not sure how to CAD that out myself, and whether it'll be "readable" though is another matter.  If it's quick to do I'd suggest it's worth a go, still using the solid shades on the sides of the characters, and white as the character face.

Top props for the fast design turnaround!
chanc3r

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:55:49 PM

Here are some colours...
Just in case this does gain some traction as a logo idea...

ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:57:22 PM

Thank you for the explanation UP  Smiley. If the initial goal is to raise NEMs profile,I think we should do either of these two things.

A) refunded stakes perhaps should be given to people with clout and influence. Opinion leaders who can give real momentum and credibility to NEM. I know its difficult to do but with three thousand members I am sure there must be members who know people with influence who just might be interested.

b) option two would be to disperse small amounts of NEM (5000 ?)  as widely as possible  through facebook or email list, with the simple condition/promise that they will do one random act of good deed before spending the coin. Many will just ignore the promise but many will also keep their promise  Smiley either way NEM will generate a lot of goodwill.

just a thought  Wink
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:04:38 PM

Thank you for the explanation UP  Smiley. If the initial goal is to raise NEMs profile,I think we should do either of these two things.

A) refunded stakes perhaps should be given to people with clout and influence. Opinion leaders who can give real momentum and credibility to NEM. I know its difficult to do but with three thousand members I am sure there must be members who know people with influence who just might be interested.

b) option two would be to disperse small amounts of NEM (5000 ?)  as widely as possible  through facebook or email list, with the simple condition/promise that they will do one random act of good deed before spending the coin. Many will just ignore the promise but many will also keep their promise  Smiley either way NEM will generate a lot of goodwill.

just a thought  Wink

Future plans would be clearer after the development update. Stay tuned.  Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:06:22 PM

Here are some colours...

Interesting direction. I wonder does the symbol have a meaning ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
chanc3r

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:07:06 PM

Another thought following from your out-of-the-box suggestion, is how would the text characters look if they were popped/embossed/expanded out of the box, i.e. in the same fashion as Lego pieces have their connector nubs pop out at the top?  It's a lateral thought as how to represent NEM (or ΠΞM) as the "building blocks of future crypto-transactions".

I'm not sure how to CAD that out myself, and whether it'll be "readable" though is another matter.  If it's quick to do I'd suggest it's worth a go, still using the solid shades on the sides of the characters, and white as the character face.

You mean something like this... Although I don't think the front M is quite right

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:08:43 PM

Here are some colours...

Interesting direction. I wonder does the symbol have a meaning ?

I got to be honest. I don't like this.

It's not quickly recognizable whats written on the blocks. To an outsider, this is going to be confusing - and the crypto world has enough of that as it is.

It looks more like CEM to me.

Nonetheless, i think keeping the font/style is good, especially having the E the way it is. IT just needs to be presented in a more conventional manner. We just need it eyecatching (the "E" accomplishes that) Not frustrating or confusing to understand.
chanc3r

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:17:01 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 02:41:18 PM by chanc3r

I got to be honest. I don't like this.

It's not quickly recognizable whats written on the blocks. To an outsider, this is going to be confusing - and the crypto world has enough of that as it is.

It looks more like CEM to me.

Nonetheless, i think keeping the font/style is good, especially having the E the way it is. IT just needs to be presented in a more conventional manner. We just need it eyecatching (the "E" accomplishes that) Not frustrating or confusing to understand.

You might still not like it but I agree with you so I've rotated the 'Π'
Gonna stop now - filled enough pages...
If people like the direction then a proper artist can take it over..
Was just trying to stimulate some alternative to the flat 2 D round coin like symbols and the NXT lookalikes.
I like NXT but I don't see why NEM has to look like it.

This was done within the limitations of MS Powerpoint I'm afraid as its quick - here is the file if anyone wants to take it further.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53047281/NEM.pptx

StuartGT

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:21:20 PM

You mean something like this... Although I don't think the front M is quite right

Yeah that was my thought, and your original 'flat' version looks better imo
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:37:54 PM

Now this is just to cheer up all the NEM'sters out there. A quote from NXT's official thread from come-from-beyond when talking about NXT's distribution:

The main issue I see is distributing the coins to enough people.

Agree. Without at least 100 users on start the whole currency is pointless. I would spend collected bitcoins for advertising instead of development of advanced features.

Agree... but I have one concern. Let's think what could happen during the first two weeks of NEM. If the price going up regarding the original one (but still cheap for a big whale), it's going to be attractive. Many of the stakeholders can be prompted to sell in order to get immediate profit and then; a big whale (or a few number) can buy a lot of NEM coins, thus concentrating the money in a few owners and diluting the major effort that UP and dev team is doing into produce a fair initial distribution. In a purely free-market framework, I guess this is a plausible scenario and hard to avoid unless you want to intervene the markets until the money raise to get a respectable price that makes difficult to buy big amounts for only one or a few persons

That is a legitimate concern and there is no comprehensive solution here. This problem will not be avoidable unless we create a centralized distribution, and that is something that noone wants.

One thing that will combat the centripetal movement of coins in the longer terms is the improved forging mechanism where the fee coins will be distributed not based just to POS.

Initial fair distribution has been done and that's all it is. I have no problem with Bill Gate buying all NEM later on. Everyone would just start NEM 2.0.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
leagoti

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:55:25 PM

In my opinion, on one hand, before issuing NEM, the users should be as many as possible.
 On the other hand, we should have many markets to buy/sell NEMS at the same time when starts transaction.

addition, if we can develop one  platform which can exchage NEM with any other coin(not only btc/ltc/doge) ,we can distribute the coin widly.
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: