Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:56:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
locos_pfc

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:38:56 AM

http://chain.huntercoin.org/

This webpage is not available

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 11:08:50 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 11:53:08 AM by p3yot33at3r

Pretty sure merge mining HUC with p2pool no longer works - I've not found any blocks for a couple of months now with over 10Th, so have removed HUC from my nodes. Same thing with NMC actually - I'm wondering if it's the same problem, especially now that CRW merge mining isn't working either, as I know they were all coded by domob.

@ domob: Any chance you could have a look?

Thanks  Smiley
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 01:47:41 PM

http://chain.huntercoin.org/

This webpage is not available

Hi, sorry the sub run out for that VPS provided by a contributor, going to sort ASAP.

Pretty sure merge mining HUC with p2pool no longer works - I've not found any blocks for a couple of months now with over 10Th, so have removed HUC from my nodes. Same thing with NMC actually - I'm wondering if it's the same problem, especially now that CRW merge mining isn't working either, as I know they were all coded by domob.

Thanks  Smiley

not sure but hopefully domob can have a look.
As you seem pretty experienced i guess you understand that when merge mining, the merged mine coin is not sharing hash with p2pool miners, only sharing (like a pool) with the primary coin (bitcoin). So you are going up against DiscusFish (f2pool) basically solo mining. (afaik)

-

Some Good News - Domob has progressed very well with Huntercore - (based on latest bitcoin core/ namecore). All updated codebase.

Fully Syncs now.

Syncing does seem much more stable and fast for me (on linux, not yet tried windows). Doesn't seem to be a massive improvement but I synced in < 1 day with a SSD.
Also - using bitcoins new pruning, the chain size prunes down to less than 850MB - it can probably be pruned down further but there is a coded limitation of saving 550mb of data (tbh I haven't fully researched it).
It's not ready for use yet as it needs some tweaks and has some limitations, but you can find it here if you want to test https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore/tree/master

apologies that I haven't posted for a few days - My New Baby was Born on Saturday <3

p3yot33at3r

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 02:25:33 PM

Thanks  Smiley

As you seem pretty experienced i guess you understand that when merge mining, the merged mine coin is not sharing hash with p2pool miners, only sharing (like a pool) with the primary coin (bitcoin). So you are going up against DiscusFish (f2pool) basically solo mining. (afaik)

Hi snailbrain,

Yeah, I realize that I'm basically solo mining when merge mining. However, I've been getting errors on p2pool startup with HUC & NMC for some time now, but never took much notice until recently when I realized I'd not found any HUC or NMC blocks for months, & now CRW is giving me a similar error on startup I think I might have found a common problem between them all, especially as all three were coded by domob.

I've just finished doing some startup tests on my node & have collected the error logs of all three coins for domob to have a look at - it does seem to be a similar error with all three - so I'll PM him my results now.

Cheers  Smiley
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:41:24 AM

So how is it on block 850949 i was destruction on by a player with 0 coins says in the patch notes need min 20 hucs to destruction .. well i just died to someone with 0 huc they were carrying..
SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:03:59 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2015, 11:14:23 AM by SISAR

So how is it on block 850949 i was destruction on by a player with 0 coins says in the patch notes need min 20 hucs to destruction .. well i just died to someone with 0 huc they were carrying..

It does not say player's character must have 20+ HUC so I guess it is balance at player's wallet that matters. Any coins character holds are still not cashed out, they can't be used on blockchain.
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 08:10:57 PM

A mobile client with built in automation (or at least defense tactics) would be an amazing evolutionary step.  It may be a bit difficult to market huntercoin as a mobile app in its current iteration though as the trend in mobile gaming is heavily skewed towards the ~1 minute game time.  If you could take the ron propeil approach and "set it and forget it" and return at random irregular intervals, I would certainly use it daily.

I absolutely agree, but is it consensus that an "AFK" mode (i.e. automated destruct if neccessary for self defense, and perhaps also an "I'm done playing today, you guys go to next bank as soon as one comes in range" mode) would be beneficial for HUC and the market cap. Should all clients have such a thing built in?

wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:01:30 PM

Quick hack to make the Qt client more usable for game play:
https://mega.nz/#!GU0hFCjJ!0oFP-u7KRs9tm3WbqQzObanp7i0sdgdmwK_sIuBtTaE

- "pending tx monitor" to reroute output from the console command "name_pending" to GUI
Code:
  input:
    name_pending 5            start the "pending tx monitor" so it will update every 5 seconds (console is not available while it runs)
    middle mouse button       stop it (need 5 seconds to stop)
    Ctrl+middle mouse button  toggle between active and inactive (i.e. no alarms).
    names.txt                 up to 20 player names + distance to trigger alarm (2...9, 0 to disable alarm for this player). Changes are effective after restarting the tx monitor.

output:
    small_wave_file.wav      played (by asking the OS to open it) on alarm, must be in same folder as debug.log (not included, windows system sounds work just fine)
    *ALARM* <name> [<name>]  after player names in case of alarm
    *Idle* <name>            after player names if a player is out of waypoints and there is currently no alarm
    x,y->x2,y2               after player name, coors currently and expected after next block
    wp:...                   after player name, next waypoint
    tx*<age>:...             after player name, value of pendig tx, and how "old" it is
    CONTACT*<age>            we will be in destruct range with an enemy player after next block. If started with "name_pending 5",
                             then "CONTACT*4" or "CONTACT*5" (20 or 25 seconds) is basically seeing the white in their eyes

- banks show remaining blocks, and a gauge that is visible when zoomed out

Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 12:19:43 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2015, 02:03:07 AM by Icon

Think i might have had asked this question before,, but anyways

When setting a payout address using the qt client, ie an exchange when a toon hits an "despawns/dies" will that 200 huc also go to the exchange or return to my wallet, basically i only want what i mined not what i paid to get the miner to go to an exchange..

Icon

** Update **

Well seems you lose the 200 hucs to make the toon if you don't use your own qt wallet as the payout address, not sure on the found coins though, sent a toon to an bank exit and had player died on the qt log and 0 coins and the exchange doesn't show a 200 huc deposit.. Might want to fix that.

Icon

duplan

Activity: 269
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:13:34 PM

http://chain.huntercoin.org/ This webpage is not available
Hi, sorry the sub run out for that VPS provided by a contributor, going to sort ASAP.
Pretty sure merge mining HUC with p2pool no longer works - I've not found any blocks for a couple of months now with over 10Th, so have removed HUC from my nodes. Same thing with NMC actually - I'm wondering if it's the same problem, especially now that CRW merge mining isn't working either, as I know they were all coded by domob. @ domob: Any chance you could have a look? Thanks  Smiley
-
Some Good News - Domob has progressed very well with Huntercore - (based on latest bitcoin core/ namecore). All updated codebase.
Fully Syncs now. Syncing does seem much more stable and fast for me (on linux, not yet tried windows). Doesn't seem to be a massive improvement but I synced in < 1 day with a SSD. Also - using bitcoins new pruning, the chain size prunes down to less than 850MB - it can probably be pruned down further but there is a coded limitation of saving 550mb of data (tbh I haven't fully researched it).
It's not ready for use yet as it needs some tweaks and has some limitations, but you can find it here if you want to test https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore/tree/master apologies that I haven't posted for a few days -
My New Baby was Born on Saturday
<3

Congratulations & Blessings for the Newborn ! Will be a Hunter for sure !
Thanks for keeping Us updated on progress , I am a big fan of this Truly Unique Project . Just pulled a massive sell order I had still on , price was very high anyway but I prefer & commit to let the market roll all the way up smoothly while Huntercoin improves with each new iteration  Roll Eyes

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 07:57:48 PM

Quick hack to make the Qt client more usable for game play:
https://mega.nz/#!GU0hFCjJ!0oFP-u7KRs9tm3WbqQzObanp7i0sdgdmwK_sIuBtTaE

- "pending tx monitor" to reroute output from the console command "name_pending" to GUI
Code:
  input:
    name_pending 5            start the "pending tx monitor" so it will update every 5 seconds (console is not available while it runs)
    middle mouse button       stop it (need 5 seconds to stop)
    Ctrl+middle mouse button  toggle between active and inactive (i.e. no alarms).
    names.txt                 up to 20 player names + distance to trigger alarm (2...9, 0 to disable alarm for this player). Changes are effective after restarting the tx monitor.

output:
    small_wave_file.wav      played (by asking the OS to open it) on alarm, must be in same folder as debug.log (not included, windows system sounds work just fine)
    *ALARM* <name> [<name>]  after player names in case of alarm
    *Idle* <name>            after player names if a player is out of waypoints and there is currently no alarm
    x,y->x2,y2               after player name, coors currently and expected after next block
    wp:...                   after player name, next waypoint
    tx*<age>:...             after player name, value of pendig tx, and how "old" it is
    CONTACT*<age>            we will be in destruct range with an enemy player after next block. If started with "name_pending 5",
                             then "CONTACT*4" or "CONTACT*5" (20 or 25 seconds) is basically seeing the white in their eyes

- banks show remaining blocks, and a gauge that is visible when zoomed out

i've not downloaded yet but is the source in the file?

if you make a pull request and all looks stable i don't see an issue with merging it?

awesome work btw - if we put it in and all is stable, i'll send 10k hucs from the dev fund and 10k hucs from my personal..
does it include the updated graphics? (shadows etc)

we could do with probably have this ported over to the huntercore-qt when it's ready so will added an extra bounty for that if it's possible.

Think i might have had asked this question before,, but anyways

When setting a payout address using the qt client, ie an exchange when a toon hits an "despawns/dies" will that 200 huc also go to the exchange or return to my wallet, basically i only want what i mined not what i paid to get the miner to go to an exchange..

Icon

** Update **

Well seems you lose the 200 hucs to make the toon if you don't use your own qt wallet as the payout address, not sure on the found coins though, sent a toon to an bank exit and had player died on the qt log and 0 coins and the exchange doesn't show a 200 huc deposit.. Might want to fix that.

Icon

i wouldn't risk it - i think in the past - with regards to bitcoin - some exchanges supported mining to an exchange and some didn't..

when coins "come out" of the game, they take 120 blocks to mature - this possibly/probably complicates things.

only use reward address to an address in your wallet is the best recommendation.

http://chain.huntercoin.org/ This webpage is not available
Pretty sure merge mining HUC with p2pool no longer works - I've not found any blocks for a couple of months now with over 10Th, so have removed HUC from my nodes. Same thing with NMC actually - I'm wondering if it's the same problem, especially now that CRW merge mining isn't working either, as I know they were all coded by domob. @ domob: Any chance you could have a look? Thanks  Smiley
-
Fully Syncs now. Syncing does seem much more stable and fast for me (on linux, not yet tried windows). Doesn't seem to be a massive improvement but I synced in < 1 day with a SSD. Also - using bitcoins new pruning, the chain size prunes down to less than 850MB - it can probably be pruned down further but there is a coded limitation of saving 550mb of data (tbh I haven't fully researched it).
It's not ready for use yet as it needs some tweaks and has some limitations, but you can find it here if you want to test https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore/tree/master apologies that I haven't posted for a few days -
My New Baby was Born on Saturday
<3

Thanks for keeping Us updated on progress , I am a big fan of this Truly Unique Project . Just pulled a massive sell order I had still on , price was very high anyway but I prefer & commit to let the market roll all the way up smoothly while Huntercoin improves with each new iteration  Roll Eyes

Thank you Smiley

We'll keep improving until we have a decentralized Matrix Smiley

SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:43:17 PM

Cryptsy wallet?
duplan

Activity: 269
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:32:38 AM

Thanks for keeping Us updated on progress , I am a big fan of this Truly Unique Project . Just pulled a massive sell order I had still on , price was very high anyway but I prefer & commit to let the market roll all the way up smoothly while Huntercoin improves with each new iteration  Roll Eyes

Thank you Smiley We'll keep improving until we have a decentralized Matrix Smiley

I think that will be an awesome feature : Decentralised Matrix : Huntercoin will be the first to have it !
p3yot33at3r

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:48:58 PM

Thanks  Smiley

Hi snailbrain,

Yeah, I realize that I'm basically solo mining when merge mining. However, I've been getting errors on p2pool startup with HUC & NMC for some time now, but never took much notice until recently when I realized I'd not found any HUC or NMC blocks for months, & now CRW is giving me a similar error on startup I think I might have found a common problem between them all, especially as all three were coded by domob.

I've just finished doing some startup tests on my node & have collected the error logs of all three coins for domob to have a look at - it does seem to be a similar error with all three - so I'll PM him my results now.

Cheers  Smiley

Following up on this, it turns out I was right about merge mining this & other coins not working with p2pool. Domob kindly contacted me with an explanation & a suggested resolution to pass on to the p2pool dev for implementation - which he has now done & I am testing now.

On another note, is the latest huntercore daemon safe to use for mining yet?

Thanks  Smiley
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:51:20 PM

Hmm looks like graphics are getting better on this coin, maybe i`ll soon install it, but not before you make a lite-wallet guys!

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 06:58:05 PM

If you mean my work on implementing Huntercoin on top of Bitcoin 0.11.99, then no, you should not use it for mining.  I did not yet spend any effort at all in adapting the mining code, so you a) won't be able to choose the algo and b) won't even correctly collect miner fees from the game and such (if it works at all).

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
p3yot33at3r

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:46:49 PM

If you mean my work on implementing Huntercoin on top of Bitcoin 0.11.99, then no, you should not use it for mining.  I did not yet spend any effort at all in adapting the mining code, so you a) won't be able to choose the algo and b) won't even correctly collect miner fees from the game and such (if it works at all).

Thanks for the clarification domob  Wink
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 04:02:57 PM

Good news - thanks to a donor, I've just been able to set up a new server for chain.huntercoin.org!  It still needs to sync the chain, so there's not yet a webserver running.  But I will be able to set it up once everything is synced.

If you have the testnet chain and want to help, please start a testnet node and -addnode the new server at chain.huntercoin.org, IP 51.254.118.108.  You can also -addnode it with a regular node, this may also help with syncing.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:12:35 PM

Good news - thanks to a donor, I've just been able to set up a new server for chain.huntercoin.org!  It still needs to sync the chain, so there's not yet a webserver running.  But I will be able to set it up once everything is synced.

If you have the testnet chain and want to help, please start a testnet node and -addnode the new server at chain.huntercoin.org, IP 51.254.118.108.  You can also -addnode it with a regular node, this may also help with syncing.

thanks domob

@wiggi i failed to compile the source for your updated qt, i'll try to get more details later

Want to Try

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:41:43 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 07:02:09 PM by Want to Try

... maybe i`ll soon install it, but not before you make a lite-wallet guys!

Can somebody provide a partial bootstrap to speed startup?

fwiw a 10gb download where I live costs about $100 but the coin has long term potential so I will try.
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: