Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:49:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:11:34 PM

I agree that when 1 huc was worth 2-3$. This made it a lot more fun.

When the cost was left at 1 huc and HUCs value was 0.001 $, it was 1 human with 10 hunters vs 1 bot master controlling 50k hunters.
The game cost is now probably lower than it was when it was 1 huc (haven't worked it out though).

Unfortunately during the fall in price we had no dev due to the death of Mikhail who I hired for the project as my C++ skills are abysmal - there were lots of issues/bugs with the code, the chain was expanding at a massive rate (10gb+ after a couple of months?) -
it took several months to get on top of everything before we could start looking at the game mechanics, and then we could really only begin by making very small changes.
Also remembering - huntercoin was an experiment originally and I wasn't expecting on working on it at this point. It was a base for another project. Of course the situation has changed..

by quickly skimming through mithrilman's posts  - i think it boils down to :

we could use some more contributors from the community to help out with the project if you want things to progress faster - otherwise be patient.

I'm mostly looking forward to domobs work on huntercore to finish, and hopefully we can get someone to port over the qt game portion (maybe with wiggi's updates). It should then all be as easy as other cryptos to use bar learning how to play the game.

-

The current situation with Huntercoin is -

we are awaiting domob to finish the implementation of huntercoin onto the latest bitcoin core. aka Huntercore
Hopefully have a pre-synced chain download of < 800mb - The way it currently works afaik  is it keeps the last 550mb of blocks (user changeable)) and keeps track of the utxo. So it's always pruning..

Get some more opinions on the next upcoming game mechanic changes > http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/board,5.0.html
Implement those changes ..

We don't have 1 billion investment like etherium and bitshares or whatever.. this is a true honest open legit fun project with no funding with everyone working in their spare time.

<3

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chaosagent

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:22:38 PM

I just read some of the things planned on the huntercoin forum and all I can say is that im EXCITED AS **** Cheesy

.......Web...............Bounty..............Twitter.................Telegram.......
Blockchain Pensions Infrastructure

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 07:05:17 PM

I just read some of the things planned on the huntercoin forum and all I can say is that im EXCITED AS **** Cheesy

well, then you don't have to read only, say there your opinions, even just an "I agree" ,"I like it", "I'd change this into that" etc... so we can have a broader brainstorming and if we reach some kind of consensus domob would implement it (or anyone interested and with the skill can implement it and let us all test it)

Of course the invite is extended to everyone, as snailbrain just said

We don't have 1 billion investment like etherium and bitshares or whatever.. this is a true honest open legit fun project with no funding with everyone working in their spare time.

so anyone who's interested can do a lot!
and the price is low so anyone that think that could be worthy to jump on the boat, can just buy (e.g. on poloniex) is HUC share and then increase its value tanks to his contribution that will give!

We need every kind of help and involvement that's possible!
Take me as a living example:  I keep saying "we" even if I'm not involved in the Crypto Realities Ltd company owned by snailbrain but I'm just one like you, that was interested in the idea and then spent (and keep spending) a looooot of time implementing my client, the website and a lot of server stuffs that are needed to run the client and the chat, because i belive in the project (and i like what i'm doing), without considering money at this time (I am at a loss)

Are you a coder willing to get your hands dirty into crypto C++ code? then go to https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin and start to get dirty
Are you a writer? then write some article about the game and the various clients (drop me a line to have access to informations about mine)
Are you a gamer? record gaming sessions giving advice to novice

Remember then that you can try by yourself the game on testnet without the risk of losing money (I think we'd need a guide to explain how) and you could even setup a private environment with friends to test things out, and my client is compatible even with testnet (again, drop me a line or write on my hosted client forum http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/board,9.0.html )

You could even setup a faucet, or an informative website, build a dice/bet website or whatever you think could be interesting

I've some idea about expanding HUC services, anyone could do something!

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:27:07 PM

we could use some more contributors from the community to help out with the project if you want things to progress faster - otherwise be patient.

Maybe make a separate post / thread asking for devs to help for people who don't read this thread. Something like "dev help wanted with huntercoin". Price is so low that if a dev is sure of his ability he will buy some HUC in lieu of salary and probably do well like that.

wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:40:44 PM

Actually, the Namecoin port is long finished and the Huntercoin port is not only planned but progressing very well. Smiley  I do not have any ETAs or a roadmap, but at least the up-to-date implementation can be found on https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore/ at any moment.  It is already able to sync the full blockchain and to serve game_getstate calls.  It is also able to prune the blockchain based on Bitcoin's feature, which according to some tests snailbrain did reduce the blockchain size to something like 1.5 GiB.  Even less may be possible in the future with some more tuning of parameters.

Note, however, that the new client does not yet handle the wallet well (game transactions won't show up), nor can it be used for mining.

Can it serve the blockchain too, i.e. is it possible/recommended to use a huntercore node to connect to the network and then connect a v1.3.01 daemon or Qt-client to your local huntercore node...

...if the v1.3.01 node has no blocks?

...if the v1.3.01 node already has an almost up to date blockchain?

chaosagent

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:41:28 PM

well, then you don't have to read only, say there your opinions, even just an "I agree" ,"I like it", "I'd change this into that" etc... so we can have a broader brainstorming and if we reach some kind of consensus domob would implement it (or anyone interested and with the skill can implement it and let us all test it)

Of course the invite is extended to everyone, as snailbrain just said

Yes that is exactly what I'm going to do but unfortunately I'm at school and my laptops battery died and typing on phones is a pain D:

Are you a coder willing to get your hands dirty into crypto C++ code? then go to https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin and start to get dirty
Are you a writer? then write some article about the game and the various clients (drop me a line to have access to informations about mine)
Are you a gamer? record gaming sessions giving advice to novice
+200

You could even setup a faucet, or an informative website, build a dice/bet website or whatever you think could be interesting
I'm actually planning to do some of these (well if I get time I guess...)

Also, we should revive the #huntercoin irc channel... Irc is a lot more convenient than forums for some things.

.......Web...............Bounty..............Twitter.................Telegram.......

chaosagent

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:49:38 AM

So... instead of trying to contribute to the project, I ended up getting addicted to playing and got a huge bad luck streak today and lost 3000/4000 of my coins.
Cry

bucktotal

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 01:13:02 PM

So... instead of trying to contribute to the project, I ended up getting addicted to playing and got a huge bad luck streak today and lost 3000/4000 of my coins.
Cry

im curious, how long did you play for? were you beaten up by better players? bad luck how?

Snail: the mega link in the OP to the latest client 1.301 is empty? where can i get the latest, i think im stuck on 774539...

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:28:22 PM

Cry

im curious, how long did you play for? were you beaten up by better players? bad luck how?

Snail: the mega link in the OP to the latest client 1.301 is empty? where can i get the latest, i think im stuck on 774539...

@Chaos - how did that happen? did you go afk and leave your hunters on the field?

@buck
https://mega.nz/#!hEE23C5b!SJ5O29gdH4SdhWQCIaIEeqokPXJJN9TQM3qy2i41SQk

not sure what went wrong there, maybe some changes with mega - my account is still up and running

wiggi

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:48:38 PM

Small update to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg12289266#msg12289266

- each hunter (if name is in names.txt) has now an individual alarm that resets itself if the enemy is out of range or dead.
- hunters (if name is in names.txt) ignore each other for alarm purposes.
- ctrl + middle mouse button now toggles "silent" mode.
- the wooden palisades cast shadows.
- visual gamemap data is saved as human-readable and editable text file. (next version will use this text file for painting the map)

Windows:
https://mega.nz/#!rN9FyZRL!8spi-us8w_B5-eFvXFHWgyu1Pl7cGfgTbUONSVOZ5Fk

Source:
https://github.com/wiggi/huntercoin

graphics are taken from royalty free archives, to do what you ask a graphic designer is needed, if someone have the skil and want to help he's welcome, btw i could use new graphics on my client, but it will only be valid on my client of course, i think this should be "client agnostic" but... maybe having custom graphics on different clients could be interesting

even custom maps could be used (i could crate a space theme in theory), the only important thing is to respect the "walkable/non walkable" tiles, all the other things can be changed

Yes yes! Mapping while playing. Smiley

I think a first step towards client agnostic graphics would be to only add to the list of map tiles (e.g. old beta map is difficult to salvage because the tiles are in different order) and to maintain a list describing each tile (source file, exact pixel, scaling factor, rotation etc)

if you make a pull request and all looks stable i don't see an issue with merging it?

I'll do that when it's halfway finished. But it will take some more weeks...

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 09:42:24 PM

Hey wiggi!

graphics updates like shadows, etc.. are indeed nice

But I looked at your code and it's not reusable, i mean you put a lot of effort doing lot of special case tests, etc... why don't you just edit the map drawing a layer over the existing ones (or between layer1 and 2 since shadow should be under high parts) and add the tile index in a layer like the ones in gamemap.cpp?

this way the enanched map can be ported in other clients like the unity3d and mine and the code would be a lot cleaner too
about code i'm not sure if domob will accept that pull request because it lack of readibility, maybe you could move all your custom logic to an external utility that generate the layer when needed? Anyway it's not my duty to say what's fine or not with pull requests

If you need a better map to work on, months ago i started writing a better map starting from the original one (there were a lot of glitches in the original map) and i wanted to reorganize tiles too, so i started writing a new tiled map, if you are interested i can send you what i've done (i tried even to start doing an isometric map but stopped because it wasn't an high priority task for me)

if we can have a nice, standar tiled map (.tmx) file (that format allow even set pixel precise offsets of objecst over the map) we can then tweak it a lot and we can eve create different themes, etc... easier
the Tiled Map editor is this : http://www.mapeditor.org/

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
duplan

Activity: 269
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:55:15 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2015, 01:07:44 PM by duplan

I am following this extraordinary and honest project with regular interest .
Right now , I am filled to the brim with satisfaction ; you all are awesome Cool
To see that for the spirit of 'it' so many talented and skilled trailblazers are
collaborating in their spare time to maintain , fix , update and improve Hunter
is certainly remarkable , and of course , one day it shall be honoured specially .
One thing for sure , all of you are making the human Hunters feel invigorated !

SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:47:38 AM

Cryptsy wallet is down for few weeks now, anyone here can help? I have sent a few support tickets but the best would be for developers to contact Cryptsy staff and help them fix any issues.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:37:51 PM

Cryptsy wallet is down for few weeks now, anyone here can help? I have sent a few support tickets but the best would be for developers to contact Cryptsy staff and help them fix any issues.

i've emailed again and awaiting response.

wiggi

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:57:10 PM

and add the tile index in a layer like the ones in gamemap.cpp?

this way the enanched map can be ported in other clients like the unity3d and mine and the code would be a lot cleaner too

When a client (any) paints the map, it must know the numbers like in the tables in gamemap.cpp. Easy to save, copy and paste to gamemap.cpp of another client. Or to itself, of course.

That's the real "client agnostic" format, without any overhead.

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 10:31:12 PM

and add the tile index in a layer like the ones in gamemap.cpp?

When a client (any) paints the map, it must know the numbers like in the tables in gamemap.cpp. Easy to save, copy and paste to gamemap.cpp of another client. Or to itself, of course.

That's the real "client agnostic" format, without any overhead.

sure, numbers must be shared, but the problem is that even the painting order is important, so knowing if something has to be drawn before or after the player (like trees that are on top of player, or pillars, etc...) so i was just saying that a map format should have a layers system, so if you have added your "numbers" between some layers, the "agnostic format" should take layers into account (I don't know if I explained well what i mean)

When i saw your code (i could have read it wrong) it seemed to me that you do a lot of computation everytime to produce some ascii files and then you use that to draw somehow over the map (didn't checked deeply)
What's the purpose of Calculate_AsciiArtMap? Can't it "patch" the map and generate a final fixed map with all layers patched, that can be shared with any client?
When i talked about "agnostic map" i meant that there should be a common map that can be easily used and upgraded (so shared) amon every client to have a common look and feel, then if someone wants to create a custom map (respecting non walking tiles) he's free to do so, but a common format would be nice so that community could come up with common upgrades and enanchements (or themes) to be shared

I taked about Tiled Map editor because his format has many exporter in several languages and so can be easily used to share map layouts

It seems to me that we are talking about different things, you are more about "procedural generated maps" but this doesn't work (or at least is not easy) if someone wants to change themes, etc.. because your descriptors should be agnostic too (not "this is a tree" but more a "this is a tall element that cover a player") etc...
At that point would be easier to generate it using 3d objects that defines bounding boxes and have the Z coordinate to specify their height/depth, but at that point why just don't move to a full 3D map? (of course the answer would be "3D would require total new graphical engine", it could be fine but it's a lot of work, and then the problem would be to find nice assets/graphics to use

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 03:03:38 PM

Good news:  The new server at chain.huntercoin.org is now ready, and can be used to download a blockchain snapshot signed by me both as zip and via FTP as before.  The chain is current as of "now".

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:07:11 PM

downloading, thanx
SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:42:25 PM

i've emailed again and awaiting response.

I fear HUC might end up as XCR and some other coins, with wallet disabled for months.

Ohh and I recently bought 72866.17059891 HUC for just 0.40149260 BTC, cheapo 1% of all mined coins nom-nom-nom  Kiss
Panadacoin

Activity: 296

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:53:38 PM

Good news:  The new server at chain.huntercoin.org is now ready, and can be used to download a blockchain snapshot signed by me both as zip and via FTP as before.  The chain is current as of "now".

Thanks, I may try to download and run wallet again to play game. I got run off before by slow synch.
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: