Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:03:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879149 times)
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:55:59 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/intel-testing-blockchain-built-fantasy-sports-game/

Intel is Testing a Blockchain it Built With a Fantasy Sports Game

i'm sure someone reads all my emails Cheesy

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:01:24 PM

I've wrote a guide for setting up your own instant play ubuntu openvpn huntercoin server on digital ocean..

although it could do with someone going over it for security purposes, it should allow you to play on your android device anywhere anytime instantly.

it's a big post but extremely simple to do..

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=22247.msg26488#msg26488

isn't ideal and is really just a temp work around for those who want to get their hands dirty and "play".

would be good if any linux/security gurus could help make it more secure if required..

wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:42:18 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 04:16:33 PM by wiggi

I've wrote a guide for setting up your own instant play ubuntu openvpn huntercoin server on digital ocean..

although it could do with someone going over it for security purposes, it should allow you to play on your android device anywhere anytime instantly.

it's a big post but extremely simple to do..

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=22247.msg26488#msg26488

isn't ideal and is really just a temp work around for those who want to get their hands dirty and "play".

would be good if any linux/security gurus could help make it more secure if required..

I'm confused.. this is for 1 user, but would it be difficult to modify for more users?

Speaking of confusion, I hit myself over the head today: heureka, hardlinks Cheesy
So, the following is IMO the best method to run Huntercoin on Windows only, works even for old notebooks (without VT-x).

First, copy the blockchain to a subfolder, in this example "huntercoin-betterQt-20160221-exp\_huc", and "-datadir=_huc".

Make a copy of the entire Huntercoin folder, but without blk0001.dat to blk0004.dat. They are full and won't change anymore,
and in a few days blk0005.dat will be at maximum size too.

Replace them with hardlinks:
Code:
mklink /H "C:\huntercoin-betterQt-20160221-clone\_huc\blk0001.dat" "C:\huntercoin-betterQt-20160221-exp\_huc\blk0001.dat"

In the clone's config, change port and make it connect through tor browser bundle:

Code:
#port=8398
port=8397

#Tor Browser Bundle listens on port 9150.
proxy=127.0.0.1:9150

Now both nodes can go online, and if wallet.dat is bloated, send coins to a fresh wallet (that has a backup) at the clone node.
If the old wallet is empty, and some hunters are in "adventurers.txt", do for each of them:

Code:
importprivkey <key> <huntername> false

No rescan required, if the old wallet is empty.

Backup the clone node wallet, and use it with the first node too. Now both running in sync but connected differently.
This is similar to RAID1, unless internet dies completely, they won't stall at the same time.

PS
trick question: if both nodes are used to send moves (switching at random) will the wallet files remain identical even if old and bloated?

PPS
this is also an easy way to use different clients at the same time
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:34:29 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 10:01:48 PM by snailbrain

Thnaks wiggi,

not sure what trying to do there Cheesy
in the past we used symlinks using small ram drives to speed up the process on low end systems

i've had problems using the same wallets in multiple instances in the past (characters not showing on one but in the other), but this may be different.

The setup/guide i've posted is so you can play instantly from your android device using android unity client and have the daemon running stable on a remote linux server.. the windows daemon/qt loses sync sometimes..

once setup, you can vpn in with 1 click from your device/pc, run the unity client, and away you go.

It's only for 1 client, but you can connect to it from your windows pc, android etc at the same time, - as everything is done through RPC it should be fine to connect to it with multiple clients, although i think i wouldn't recommend it - i'm not sure what happens if it has stacked up game_waitforchange's

--

p.s. wouldn't be impossible to setup for multiple users..
there was some discussion originally with mikhail and i think domob regarding being able to run multiple clients from one chain.. (and/or using the old "accounts" functions)
was one idea for centralized server version, but was scrapped in favour of some other ideas

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 10:59:28 PM

i keep reading windows daemon in unstable but my experience says that the daemon works fine, i have 1 node running huntercoind.exe 24h without any issue.
I confirm that QT wallet instead have problems.

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 12:44:36 PM

i keep reading windows daemon in unstable but my experience says that the daemon works fine, i have 1 node running huntercoind.exe 24h without any issue.

it';s very rare but there's been quite a few reports.
there is/was a bounty for it but atm i wouldn't call it that serious now that huntercore isn't far away from completion.

24h isn't probably enough.. it can run fine for 48 hours but randomly it will stop sync and requires a restart to catch back up. I have actually died because of it in game.
It happens with the daemon as well - a test to see it happen is by trying to sync from scratch on windows - it's unlikely to make it fully through the sync without a restart.

Do you use the daemon for your clients payment check on a windows server/pc?
if so and you haven't had to restart, there could be some external issue which makes it only affect some users?

I run my game wallet/daemon on an ubuntu VM on my esxi server, along with openvpn setup on my router I can play instantly (with unity client) anywhere (over 3g/4g on a train) and i always know it's going to be working. I think it's been running none stop without issue since the last hardfork.
(i use a different setup than the guide i posted, i just made that up yesterday but should work the same in principle, albeit not sure about security)

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 12:52:55 PM

After a break from HUC I'm back in the game.

Holy crap have you guys done some updates! Very impressed.

Did that "bg" guy ever release his bot for this or have they been outlawwed?

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 01:03:27 PM

mmmmm bb!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 01:10:24 PM

mmmmm bb!

Mmmm bb. Time to HUC! No one is on the field barely!

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 01:28:16 PM

Just got a thought which I think would be nice for the game:

It would be awesome if at some point, the world of Huntercoin would be as immersive as for example in World of Warcraft or other MMORPGs in terms of environmental interaction and game depth.

Is there any storyline so far for Huntercoin? I could help with that.

We could build a Huntercoin universe together where the community votes upon how they would like to shape the Huntercoin world.

The devs are doing a great job on the tech side. The community could do the job of inhaling a spirit into the Huntercoin world.

What do you think?

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 07:13:36 PM

Just got a thought which I think would be nice for the game:

It would be awesome if at some point, the world of Huntercoin would be as immersive as for example in World of Warcraft or other MMORPGs in terms of environmental interaction and game depth.

Is there any storyline so far for Huntercoin? I could help with that.

We could build a Huntercoin universe together where the community votes upon how they would like to shape the Huntercoin world.

The devs are doing a great job on the tech side. The community could do the job of inhaling a spirit into the Huntercoin world.

What do you think?

An immersive MMORPG is the long term goal, probably with a new game--for now, we need to keep development going. Can add detail and new features once the backbone infrastructure is perfected

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:03:06 PM

there is/was a bounty for it but atm i wouldn't call it that serious now that huntercore isn't far away from completion.

24h isn't probably enough.. it can run fine for 48 hours but randomly it will stop sync and requires a restart to catch back up. I have actually died because of it in game.
It happens with the daemon as well - a test to see it happen is by trying to sync from scratch on windows - it's unlikely to make it fully through the sync without a restart.

The threads of a windows Qt client look rather constant. procexp.exe lists 16 (14 if on Tor), always same "start addresse" and activity level.
Perhaps it's 1 less when stopped syncing.

If not.. hasn't this problem gotten worse (not so good idea to use newest possible boost version that doesn't cause compile error)?

zdeni82

Activity: 912
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:38:08 PM

I need bootstrap.dat
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 10:54:02 PM

24h isn't probably enough.. it can run [snip]

I meant 24/7, it's always active, and i didn't faced strange problems with daemon, except when my pc had power failures, maybe I had to restart just a couple of time in latest months
I use that daemon just to use my client with, to play a bit or take a look around, my payment check actually doesn't requires a centralized server)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 10:56:37 PM

The threads of a windows Qt client look rather constant. procexp.exe lists 16 (14 if on Tor), always same "start addresse" and activity level.

If not.. hasn't this problem gotten worse (not so good idea to use newest possible boost version that doesn't cause compile error)?

I think that the QT problem is some race condition that causes some kind of deadlock
anyway I'm waiting news about huntercore

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:59:13 AM

24h isn't probably enough.. it can run [snip]

I meant 24/7, it's always active, and i didn't faced strange problems with daemon, except when my pc had power failures, maybe I had to restart just a couple of time in latest months
I use that daemon just to use my client with, to play a bit or take a look around, my payment check actually doesn't requires a centralized server)

I think that the QT problem is some race condition that causes some kind of deadlock
anyway I'm waiting news about huntercore

ah ok thanks. not sure why doesn't happen with you then but does others

when it happens RPC still works, it's not like the old name_pending bug which caused the daemon to lockup.

note as well, you can install openvpn server on windows and just forward the VPN port (if your router doesn't have vpn server functionality).

I need bootstrap.dat

i've linked in the OP

tbh, i've not checked recently - but that is probably one difference between the windows and linux compile (boost version). I've used easywinbuilder for huntercoin exe's in the past, i can check the version difference if you think that could be related..
i didn't notice any compile error though?

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex-Updated-02-29-16
U.S. based exchange
Submission should be by somebody familiar with technical stuff.

http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html
(Major Chinese exchange)
Not on voting list yet

https://bter.com/voting#HUC
(BTER is a struggling Chinese exchange, HUC might help them)
#11 out of 291 coins

Hey ,

I've tried a lot in the past.. the issue now is the blockchain size and sync time
i know we've recently reached out the bittrex - awaiting a response.

i'm hoping once huntercore is good to go we can more easily get it added to more exchanges.

Acidx

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 10:02:10 AM

Cool to see this coin still alive and doing well! Brings back some memories of when it first launched and the struggle was real to get anything to work, well, for me at least. Tongue

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 10:27:38 AM

i'm hoping once huntercore is good to go we can more easily get it added to more exchanges.

thanks first.

any estimated launch time of new light one?  can't wait to play on a 800M wallet.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:05:36 AM

thanks first.

any estimated launch time of new light one?  can't wait to play on a 800M wallet.

afaik it should be playable using mm and unity client relatively soon..

although i've not heard domob's response yet - i'm not sure if you will be able to download a pruned chain and attached your old wallet, as it can't obviously do a rescan to get your balance.. i don't know if it's possible to use the utxo set to get the balance or not (i think theoretically yes)?
otherwise you'd still need to sync from scratch and it will auto prune while syncing..
i'm guessing it will work fine downloading a pruned chain and using a blank wallet and then you can transfer coins to it...

we'll need wait to see what domob says as i'm not sure how that would work or if it requires some extra development which isn't available upstream..

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:06:40 AM

BIG THANKS to BUCKTOTAL for funding the VPS for chain.huntercoin.org

Thanks. Buck has been a contributor to Huntercoin from the very beginning and to namecoin for that matter as well.

<3

Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: