Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:08:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879145 times)
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 09:23:39 PM

Hello all,

I like this idea, well done. Just a quick question - for merge mining using the daemon only, which repo should I be using:

https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin

or

https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore

Thanks.

Anyone?.........

SnailBrain must be doing lame family stuff, so I inquired for you: use the chronokings/huntercoin repository. Domob's huntercore repo is experimental, currently being tested for mainnet release.

Right you are, thanks for the info.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:39:51 PM

Right you are, thanks for the info.

Just FYI, if you're planning to merge mine huc on sha or scrypt then you're going up against f2pool. So, unless you've got some serious hash power, you're probably bringing a spoon to a gun fight, and you shouldn't expect to find a block for a year or three.

Check the explorer and see how every coinbase TX goes to HPDTL... Pretty sure that must be them.
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 07:48:55 AM

Hello all,

I like this idea, well done. Just a quick question - for merge mining using the daemon only, which repo should I be using:

https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin

or

https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore

Thanks.

Anyone?.........

SnailBrain must be doing lame family stuff, so I inquired for you: use the chronokings/huntercoin repository. Domob's huntercore repo is experimental, currently being tested for mainnet release.

Exactly this.  Mine (domob1812/huntercore) "should" as of now be ready for mining, so if you are feeling lucky, you can try it - but it is not well tested, so only use with (a lot of) care.  For just trying it out you should definitely use chronokings/huntercoin.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 07:49:39 AM

Wiggi's post made me wonder something... he said if two hunters land on a gem at the same time, the one who gets it is decided alphabetically. What happens in the main game if two hunters land on a coin at the same time? They each get half?

Interesting idea: give the gem/coins to the Hunter who has more life.

Yes, they get half - plus there is some logic to handle dividing it up if splitting evenly is not possible, but I do not recall the details here without looking at the code.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 06:14:58 PM

Interesting idea: give the gem [...] to the Hunter who has more life.

Or blink out, wait on top of a cliff for 10 blocks and return. Fancy, but it's just cycling through states and probably not error prone.

iirc the old hearts were given randomly to 1 hunter (same RNG that decides about disasters was polled)

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 07:08:42 AM

This Friday, we're going to have an awesome Huntercoin event at our underground decentralist hackspace in Vancouver, BC. We're going to give away enough HUC for a Hunter to anyone who asks, and demonstrate the game live. I'll be running it off of my solid state drive, so anyone who wants to save download time can get a copy of the blockchain from me. Multiple local Meet Ups are invited, and the event will be moderated, recorded and livestreamed by Alex Sterk on BlockTalk, who will buy a free beer for anyone who arrives before 7 PM.

You can RSVP or show you're "interested" on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/1149714551737723/. If you can't be there to see the demonstration and Q&A, you can watch the livestream on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFehg8H7wj0 and tweet questions with ‪#‎huntercoin‬ at @ChronoKings or @block_talk. Notable contributors to Huntercoin such as Snailbrain, domob, MithrilMan and wiggi are invited to join the event remotely on the BlockTalk show, and will be given the private Hangouts link upon request.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
wiggi

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 01:00:32 PM

If the blockchain can store more than just coins, it's a bit inconvenient if we can't send things around.
This implementation also allows to have items in cold storage, controlled by a fresh Huntercoin address that has never signed a transaction.

How to use ("view" button gives a better text formatting)
https://github.com/wiggi/huntercoin/commit/e410616aaa2ec1c65f405aff31efc6adc379301d

Let's test:
Code:
 Inventory (chronon  325372, testnet)
 ------------------------------------

hunter
storage vault key                           name      gems    outfit

hEzY9KcKTTQau273jbYBuhx46waMgDiZUq         nin12      8.28    -
hGwcRDE1pcgWi1XCG2ymxWG9dbe5Ld4Av2           Zzz     14.45    mage
hJM28UdtTyHDqMMsm7kZWoChv5vkFhnXDD         nin20      7.76    mage
hKjwQNTKdZaLQ3oYwzqFhuwwp3Y2HswkWv          nin3      2.02    -
hPonhGqEZViy8JhvMthsFBLvG5SxmGwzVm          bulu      0.00    fighter
hTyR15C64MvC6aPY7x5DpJ81wigKjVkeS7          nin8     22.73    -
hZJrhVR15Du8uVZTaxv93j8x8iDaFi9785         nin13      0.08    -
haSJpt6wDMrznenm2gXjyLzhJKEiz3wLzk          nin7      4.11    mage
hbA9uRftWMmfbMkCHR2CrKxN6bQidqrYtU          nono     14.90    -
hd9Wpfswhp89MXaivoNnotbZeUzd3RbrA5          gaga     17.87    fighter
npc.marketmaker.zeSoKxK3rp3dX3it1Y      Sox'xiti    183.63    -

total

11     275.83

I could have used Huntercore daemon to send the "raze" command (if loaded wallet has gaga's privkey, of cause), result would be the same

Code:
 Inventory (chronon  325375, testnet)
 ------------------------------------

hunter
storage vault key                           name      gems    outfit

hEzY9KcKTTQau273jbYBuhx46waMgDiZUq         nin12      8.28    -
hGwcRDE1pcgWi1XCG2ymxWG9dbe5Ld4Av2           Zzz     14.45    mage
hJM28UdtTyHDqMMsm7kZWoChv5vkFhnXDD         nin20      8.78    mage
hKjwQNTKdZaLQ3oYwzqFhuwwp3Y2HswkWv          nin3      2.02    -
hPonhGqEZViy8JhvMthsFBLvG5SxmGwzVm          bulu      0.00    fighter
hTyR15C64MvC6aPY7x5DpJ81wigKjVkeS7          nin8     22.73    -
hZJrhVR15Du8uVZTaxv93j8x8iDaFi9785         nin13     17.96    fighter
haSJpt6wDMrznenm2gXjyLzhJKEiz3wLzk          nin7      4.11    mage
hbA9uRftWMmfbMkCHR2CrKxN6bQidqrYtU          nono     14.90    -
npc.marketmaker.zeSoKxK3rp3dX3it1Y      Sox'xiti    183.63    -

total

10     276.86

characterstate inventory (what is visible in the game graphics) is updated when name address and/or reward address change. It's what the hunters think they own.

2 hunters can share 1 name address, and currently they get a full copy of the inventory (but can't pirate gems that way Smiley

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 12:12:59 PM

The BlockTalk show went pretty well... got some more people excited about Huntercoin. If you missed it live, you can watch it on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFehg8H7wj0

The next show I'm gonna be talking about Huntercoin on is the Crypto Show, which is also on the radio in Austin, Texas, where 20,000 people tune in. You can listen live today from 8-10 PM CST here: http://thecryptoshow.com/listenlive/

I'll give a link to the recording when it's uploaded. More promotional news, soon!

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
wiggi

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 11:29:01 AM

I actually enjoyed watching the show, the hackspace and snails hideout look pretty cool too Tongue

nitpicking:
"HDD/chain size biggest obstacle" The game runs too smoothly off an old HDD to say that, and since v1.3 was out, it has never hung like demonstrated in the video (not in a linux VM, anyway) And only at speeds of ~200Kb per second or slower downloading the compressed chain would take more time than you need to reserve for 1 meaningful playing session, time requirement for the latter is probably #3 in the obstacle ranking.

"different worlds without interfering": Not sure why snail is so obsessed with the 'without interfering' part. Think of the Arena in the Imperial City in Cyrodiil. It was
made as a semi-casual game within the game, but you can go there as a 'tourist', buy some stuff, watch the show, bet money on the outcome of a fight etc. If separated it would have been boring.

"the bigger we make it, the slower" doesn't apply to map size. As long as the ObstacleMap fits in memory, map size alone doesn't have a perfornance impact at all. (this is really a strong point of the Huntercoin 'engine')

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 04:52:50 PM

I actually enjoyed watching the show, the hackspace and snails hideout look pretty cool too Tongue

nitpicking:
"HDD/chain size biggest obstacle" The game runs too smoothly off an old HDD to say that, and since v1.3 was out, it has never hung like demonstrated in the video (not in a linux VM, anyway) And only at speeds of ~200Kb per second or slower downloading the compressed chain would take more time than you need to reserve for 1 meaningful playing session, time requirement for the latter is probably #3 in the obstacle ranking.

"different worlds without interfering": Not sure why snail is so obsessed with the 'without interfering' part. Think of the Arena in the Imperial City in Cyrodiil. It was
made as a semi-casual game within the game, but you can go there as a 'tourist', buy some stuff, watch the show, bet money on the outcome of a fight etc. If separated it would have been boring.

"the bigger we make it, the slower" doesn't apply to map size. As long as the ObstacleMap fits in memory, map size alone doesn't have a perfornance impact at all. (this is really a strong point of the Huntercoin 'engine')

Are you talking about SnailBrain? He wasn't on the shows. Tongue That was me and the bros in Vancouver; our sweet underground hackspace has a vending machine that accepts Bitcoin and dispenses beer. If you missed the Crypto Show which aired on the radio in Texas, the recording is now available here. The next show Huntercoin will be on is Bitcoins & Gravy.

I do blunder, sometimes; it's actually hard to keep things straight on these shows that last an hour or longer--often they're mixed with alcohol, and corrections would interrupt. I'm very good at explaining things from my history as a tutor, but my knowledge is finite... that's why I invited all devs to join in and augment my affability with technical precision. Smiley

If we make the map bigger, I think we'll all be making more characters to cover the extra territory and/or claim the extra coins... we wouldn't just be talking about more tiles, but also more transactions. We have had people tell us they had to make room on their hard drive for the blockchain, or that they have insufficient network speed in their region. Some people are just poor or impatient.

For different worlds/maps, this is an issue of how we classify interference. I think it would be fine for a Hunter to travel between worlds, and even bring game assets/character attributes with him/her in certain situations. If there are two maps each designed by a developer who accepts the same rule, it's fine--analogous to the Arena in Cyrodiil. But you can't bring laser beams from a world with ranged attacks to one where everybody is unarmed; we need to avoid conflict between rulesets

wiggi

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 02:47:52 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2016, 03:51:21 PM by wiggi

oops, 2 Andrews Wink

attempt to classify interference: (of hunters with the normal Huntercoin world, i.e. with normal hunters)

• The normal level of interference is that they can harvest coins, lifedrain+kill other hunters and can be killed by other hunters or disaster.
  • The second is that they're entitled to a place in the "player loop", about 20 microseconds CPU time per block from every node, that their moves and messages are held in memory in the same data structure like the moves and messages of other hunters, and they show up on the screen of every GUI client, and can move around normally.
  • A variant (lets call it level 2b) would be similar, but the hunter is invisible (and doesn't interact with banks so that movement/coordinates become irrelevant)
  • 3rd and lowest level of interference would be the registered name plus "value" like in Namecoin. These "hunters" would come alive only if someone makes a Huntercoinclone-without-Huntercoins for this purpose.

Players will probably pay (to the benefit of the gamefund) for the privilege to switch between "normal" and "2" or "2b". And hunters in this state could offer services for "modded worlds", effectively acting as merchant NPCs without fear of being killed in the middle of the night.

"2b" on specific coordinates (and triggered by these coordinates) would be a tavern.

Edit, example:

If the regular Huntercoin game has a "tavern" at xy=85,85 and the entrance/exit is at 84,85, and a modded client adds an area where you can fight
computer controlled monsters (using magical ranged weapons) and {\"wp\":[1000,200]} would teleport to this area. Normal muggle destruction doesn't work there.

Currently waypoints must be 0...501 or the tx is not valid, but this is trivial. So, the hunter can send more moves like {\"wp\":[1002,207,1012,209]} etc.
Standard clients would see the tx as valid, load the move in the gamestate, and delete the waypoints in gamestate ("this guy bumped against a tree").
Modded clients process the waypoints as the hunter is walking around in the new area.

{\"wp\":[85,85]}
Modded clients: yanks hunter back to old map
Standard client: "yeah, you're already there"

Our hunter can now trade looted items/new equipment with other players or NPCs.

Did we just cause a chain split between standard and modded nodes? Of cause not!

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 08:31:11 AM

oops, 2 Andrews Wink

attempt to classify interference: (of hunters with the normal Huntercoin world, i.e. with normal hunters)

• The normal level of interference is that they can harvest coins, lifedrain+kill other hunters and can be killed by other hunters or disaster.
  • The second is that they're entitled to a place in the "player loop", about 20 microseconds CPU time per block from every node, that their moves and messages are held in memory in the same data structure like the moves and messages of other hunters, and they show up on the screen of every GUI client, and can move around normally.
  • A variant (lets call it level 2b) would be similar, but the hunter is invisible (and doesn't interact with banks so that movement/coordinates become irrelevant)
  • 3rd and lowest level of interference would be the registered name plus "value" like in Namecoin. These "hunters" would come alive only if someone makes a Huntercoinclone-without-Huntercoins for this purpose.

Players will probably pay (to the benefit of the gamefund) for the privilege to switch between "normal" and "2" or "2b". And hunters in this state could offer services for "modded worlds", effectively acting as merchant NPCs without fear of being killed in the middle of the night.

"2b" on specific coordinates (and triggered by these coordinates) would be a tavern.

Edit, example:

If the regular Huntercoin game has a "tavern" at xy=85,85 and the entrance/exit is at 84,85, and a modded client adds an area where you can fight
computer controlled monsters (using magical ranged weapons) and {\"wp\":[1000,200]} would teleport to this area. Normal muggle destruction doesn't work there.

Currently waypoints must be 0...501 or the tx is not valid, but this is trivial. So, the hunter can send more moves like {\"wp\":[1002,207,1012,209]} etc.
Standard clients would see the tx as valid, load the move in the gamestate, and delete the waypoints in gamestate ("this guy bumped against a tree").
Modded clients process the waypoints as the hunter is walking around in the new area.

{\"wp\":[85,85]}
Modded clients: yanks hunter back to old map
Standard client: "yeah, you're already there"

Our hunter can now trade looted items/new equipment with other players or NPCs.

Did we just cause a chain split between standard and modded nodes? Of cause not!

Yeah, there's lots of cool possibilities. I hadn't thought of leasing Hunters as NPCs. Some people might also actively want to maintain a separate world for roleplay reasons, though... to allow for a cohesive/independent storyline.

Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 12:23:48 AM

well here some interesting news from our one and only f2pool:

and i quote:

"HUC support to be ceased from July 1 and PPS fee to be lowered to 3%."

Humm not looking good Sad

Icon
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 12:31:56 AM

That's not so bad. Mining HUC was pretty much a waste of time for the average miner because FUpool's massive hash rate pushed the diff through the roof. This could actually make merge mining HUC worth doing again - and introduce more users to it at the same time.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 12:34:22 AM

...PPS fee to be lowered to 3%...

3% gd. Who's mining there? Makes me think the rumors of f2pool being an arm of bitmain and/or btcc more legitimate.
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 12:37:25 AM

not exactly, anything merged mine with btc would inherit its high diff..

i think..

Icon
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 12:49:35 AM

not exactly, anything merged mine with btc would inherit its high diff..

i think..

Icon

That's why I don't mine btc..... Wink

Edit: Each coin uses it's own diff btw.

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 04:57:22 PM

https://www.huntercoin.info/ seems stucked at block 1285244   (actually it's 1286064)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 12:33:08 PM

https://www.huntercoin.info/ seems stucked at block 1285244   (actually it's 1286064)

still stucked....

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:24:25 PM

If I am playing Huntercoin on the Mithrilman version, can I earn Huntercoin that are valid in the main chain?

Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: