Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:49:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 03:19:48 PM

What happened to Charity Mining Pool?

And...

Looks like many of the pools listed in the OP no longer exist, might be time to update the OP, stale info doesn't site well with potential investors and, if you know of other Dnotes pools, please list as well.

Thanks!

Sent Charity a message, was running a little bit ago, I'm sure they will be back up soon. As far as the other pools, I removed mineoncloud, the others all seem to be up and running.

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with my hosting provider (OVH) and they are experiencing some issues with one of their VPS clouds which CharityMiningPools is hosted on.  No ETA was provided, but I was assured that they are aware of the issue and hope to have things restored shortly.  Sorry for the inconvenience, since I switched over to OVH I haven't had any issues with their service up until now and the pool has been a LOT more stable then when running with DigitialOcean.

I also own and operate CryptoBlox.com which does have a mining portal for DNotes based on NOMP which allows you to mine directly to your wallet.  This site is luckily on a different VPS Cloud and is up and running if you you need a place to point your miners while OVH resolves their issues affecting CharityMiningPools.  http://mine.cryptoblox.com/  I've removed the usual %1 fee from here for you all you use free of charge while Charity is down.

I will post when they have resolved the issue and when I get things back up and running.

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools

Looks like the issues have been resolved and we're back up and running.  Thank you all for your patience and happy mining!

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 03:45:06 PM

It appears pool owners are no longer allowed to post ads or announcements in the threads. So I am announcing the lifeforcepools has added DNotes to their mining pool.

You may visit their website at:
http://dnotes.lifeforce.info/index.php?page=home
MPOS 1.5% fee

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 06:45:18 PM

What happened to Charity Mining Pool?

And...

Looks like many of the pools listed in the OP no longer exist, might be time to update the OP, stale info doesn't site well with potential investors and, if you know of other Dnotes pools, please list as well.

Thanks!

Sent Charity a message, was running a little bit ago, I'm sure they will be back up soon. As far as the other pools, I removed mineoncloud, the others all seem to be up and running.

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with my hosting provider (OVH) and they are experiencing some issues with one of their VPS clouds which CharityMiningPools is hosted on.  No ETA was provided, but I was assured that they are aware of the issue and hope to have things restored shortly.  Sorry for the inconvenience, since I switched over to OVH I haven't had any issues with their service up until now and the pool has been a LOT more stable then when running with DigitialOcean.

I also own and operate CryptoBlox.com which does have a mining portal for DNotes based on NOMP which allows you to mine directly to your wallet.  This site is luckily on a different VPS Cloud and is up and running if you you need a place to point your miners while OVH resolves their issues affecting CharityMiningPools.  http://mine.cryptoblox.com/  I've removed the usual %1 fee from here for you all you use free of charge while Charity is down.

I will post when they have resolved the issue and when I get things back up and running.

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools

FYI The link in your sig loads the following:

"It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet."

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:58:37 PM

From Cryptomoms Forum:
10-9-2014

Quote from: News.$ on Today at 01:05:59 PM

‘Bitcoin Guru’ Andreas Antonopoulos Appears Before Canadian Senate

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-guru-andreas-antonopoulos-appears-canadian-senate/

Andreas Antonopoulos is certainly a Bitcoin Guru. I thought he did an excellent job at the Canadian Senate hearing. His response to the concern that digital currency technology could be used for money laundering and terrorism financing was interesting.  He pointed out that “Bitcoin is not anonymous, transparency and accountability features are easier to implement than anonymity …”  My sense is that the big push on anonymity by many of the other altcoins could eventually becomes a costly constraint than a valuable feature when meeting regulatory requirements become widespread.

The other striking remark was, “He believes it will take about eight years to see mainstream applications that consumers will feel comfortable using.”
Micrux

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:04:27 AM

Hey folks..  In case you weren't aware there was a Cryptocurrency conference in Vegas Recently...   

Josh Garza of GAW miners was there and he posted a transcript of some points from his speech he made...  Interesting points and such...   If you are interested, you can take a look here..

https://hashtalk.org/topic/10264/ignore-them-and-innovate
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:50:55 AM

Hey folks..  In case you weren't aware there was a Cryptocurrency conference in Vegas Recently...   

Josh Garza of GAW miners was there and he posted a transcript of some points from his speech he made...  Interesting points and such...   If you are interested, you can take a look here..

Thanks Micrux, that was a great article.  I was impressed with the emphasis he put on connecting to people outside of crypto. 

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:00:10 PM

Thanks Micrux, that was a great article.  I was impressed with the emphasis he put on connecting to people outside of crypto. 

They had quite an impressive list of Speakers and discussion panel participants. It continues to amaze me how huge the cryptocurrency space is. Yet this is still at its infancy and we have barely scratched the surface. It is so easy for us to forget that, at this point, we all are earlier adopters. There are still plenty of “ground floor” opportunities if we know how to find them and have the patience to stay the course.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:00:12 PM

Is anyone else having trouble with Mintpal?  I still can't place an order, even though their most current problem is supposedly fixed and yes, I submitted another support ticket.  Their Twitter page says another attack, more "issues", and so on.  For a new and improved Mintpal, I am really disappointed.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:25:17 PM

Is anyone else having trouble with Mintpal?  I still can't place an order, even though their most current problem is supposedly fixed and yes, I submitted another support ticket.  Their Twitter page says another attack, more "issues", and so on.  For a new and improved Mintpal, I am really disappointed.

It has been a struggle so far and not too promising going forward. Quite disappointed to say the least.
scryptonite

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:19:35 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 05:34:44 AM by scryptonite

Hey gang, just an FYI I have a public p2p node up if anyone wants to join  Shocked

I hit 3 blocks in the first 12 hours or so with under 3 MH.... all seems fine.

216.99.113.116:8923 -u xxxxx -p x (password is x)

thx  Wink

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 04:38:50 PM

Hey gang, just an FYI I have a public p2p node up if anyone wants to join  Shocked

thx  Wink

Thanks scryptonite, just to confirm the xxxxx would be your DNotes address correct?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 04:41:29 PM

DNotes has also been added to hash-to-coins.com which allows you mine a single coin or autoswitch to the most profitable.

https://hash-to-coins.com/index.php

scryptonite

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:16:19 PM

thx  Wink

Thanks scryptonite, just to confirm the xxxxx would be your DNotes address correct?

Yes that is correct, your receive wallet address. Be sure to place the -p x as well Smiley
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:49:01 PM

DNotes has shot up by more than 40% over the last couple of weeks. There have been very good buying support and limited dumping.  These are very good indicators for further long-term appreciation. This community has been rather quiet lately. I just hope not many of our early supporters have cashed out too early. This is still a ground floor opportunity with a great future ahead of us.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:46:31 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian DNotes stakeholders!
                                           Smiley

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:45:42 PM

While I'm no expert on the business model that is GAW, I do think the following thread is worth a look in:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720844.0

In particular, admitting that hashlets are merely virtual software sounds like a big ponzi scheme to me - "its financial instruments without regulation or transparency" according to a good friend of mine who was reselling GAW miners until he lost all faith in their business model and sold all of his substantial hashing power. Hopefully that person will come post here again soon about his experience.

Anyway, just wanting to check that all people have access to all information and potentially help out somebody in the process, that is all.

In regards to the article posted, I agree with most of its content, especially the part about Krugman being wrong about the interne. He has been smugly saying "I told you so" about Bitcoin and digital currency all the last month about it being some childish, libertarian fad. I think mass adoption is coming, and Dnotes is probably the first coin i've seen purposefully outline external community adoption as a main priority. I do digress though: For those who don't know, Paul Krugman is a Nobel Laureate who peddles economic theories that would find the logic in the following statement valid:

I have $50 and you have $0.
I pay you $50 to have lunch with me, your income is now $50.
You then pay me half or $25 of your $50 income to have lunch with you.
We can now spend $75 on lunch...

It is this precise reasoning that I consider much of mainstream economics a form of economic charlatanism.

Normally these theories are delivered to you via the news with reporters regurgitating the exact same logic above, albeit fancy dressed among fancy words like "aggregate demand", "circular flow" or the whole adage of "increased wages will mean higher demand, leading to growth boom!". This will often be accompanied by statements from economists that claim to not only understand, but predict the impossible - by mathematically modelling the evolving complexity of subjective human choices.

Maybe I'm missing something, I'm not at Paul Krugmans level after all. I can't wait til this website hits 1 million dollars:

http://krugmandebate.com/

The higher the value of the pot for this debate to occur, the more telling Krugman's silence will become. Oh dear, I went off topic! I think reading Krugman's name in that article really made my blood boil after having to read of his papers today to fill the blanks on a few hand ins. My apologies, life involves learning and reading much of what we don't necessarily agree with. I think I'll have to write a separate post tomorrow regarding the wider scope of the content in the article. I think the work at www.bitnation.co and all the blockchain 2.0 technology is going to be the most phenomenal revolution, and Dnotes is going to be very well poised to integrate into it.

There is some really great material and conference talks on youtube that I've been watching lately about the challenged digital currency faces with adoption. I plan to attend a conference in New Zealand at the end of November, where some real heavyweights like Jeff Berwick, Jeffrey Tucker and Andreas Antonopolous among others will be in attendance. I do plan on dishing out a few Dnotes to some of the famous faces there, perhaps even get a few placards / logos for them to hold for twitter posts etc!

http://nzconference.co.nz/bitcoinsouth2014/

Anyway, was hoping to get the thread rolling again. I think it's a great time to buy Dnotes. My dad recently purchased his first 100,000 and keeps talking about buying more.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:06:59 PM

Hey folks..  In case you weren't aware there was a Cryptocurrency conference in Vegas Recently...    

Josh Garza of GAW miners was there and he posted a transcript of some points from his speech he made...  Interesting points and such...   If you are interested, you can take a look here..

While I'm no expert on the business model that is GAW, I do think the following thread is worth a look in:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720844.0

In particular, admitting that hashlets are merely virtual software sounds like a big ponzi scheme to me - "its financial instruments without regulation or transparency" according to a good friend of mine who was reselling GAW miners until he lost all faith in their business model and sold all of his substantial hashing power. Hopefully that person will come post here again soon about his experience.

Anyway, just wanting to check that all people have access to all information and potentially help out somebody in the process, that is all.

In regards to the article posted, I agree with most of its content, especially the part about Krugman being wrong about the interne. He has been smugly saying "I told you so" about Bitcoin and digital currency all the last month about it being some childish, libertarian fad. I think mass adoption is coming, and Dnotes is probably the first coin i've seen purposefully outline external community adoption as a main priority. I do digress though: For those who don't know, Paul Krugman is a Nobel Laureate who peddles economic theories that would find the logic in the following statement valid:

I have $50 and you have $0.
I pay you $50 to have lunch with me, your income is now $50.
You then pay me half or $25 of your $50 income to have lunch with you.
We can now spend $75 on lunch...

It is this precise reasoning that I consider much of mainstream economics a form of economic charlatanism.

Normally these theories are delivered to you via the news with reporters regurgitating the exact same logic above, albeit fancy dressed among fancy words like "aggregate demand", "circular flow" or the whole adage of "increased wages will mean higher demand, leading to growth boom!". This will often be accompanied by statements from economists that claim to not only understand, but predict the impossible - by mathematically modelling the evolving complexity of subjective human choices.

Maybe I'm missing something, I'm not at Paul Krugmans level after all. I can't wait til this website hits 1 million dollars:

http://krugmandebate.com/

The higher the value of the pot for this debate to occur, the more telling Krugman's silence will become. Oh dear, I went off topic! I think reading Krugman's name in that article really made my blood boil after having to read of his papers today to fill the blanks on a few hand ins. My apologies, life involves learning and reading much of what we don't necessarily agree with. I think I'll have to write a separate post tomorrow regarding the wider scope of the content in the article. I think the work at www.bitnation.co and all the blockchain 2.0 technology is going to be the most phenomenal revolution, and Dnotes is going to be very well poised to integrate into it.

There is some really great material and conference talks on youtube that I've been watching lately about the challenged digital currency faces with adoption. I plan to attend a conference in New Zealand at the end of November, where some real heavyweights like Jeff Berwick, Jeffrey Tucker and Andreas Antonopolous among others will be in attendance. I do plan on dishing out a few Dnotes to some of the famous faces there, perhaps even get a few placards / logos for them to hold for twitter posts etc!

http://nzconference.co.nz/bitcoinsouth2014/

Anyway, was hoping to get the thread rolling again. I think it's a great time to buy Dnotes. My dad recently purchased his first 100,000 and keeps talking about buying more.

I am not a fan of Krugman. He is certainly not a fan of digital currency. It is quite apparent that he has strong opinion against Bitcoin out of pure ignorance. The following articles reflect Krugaman’s standing quite well:

PAUL KRUGMAN IGNORANTLY CALLS BITCOIN “THE LONG CRYPTOCON”

“As presented in his 2013 New York Times OpEd, Krugman voiced the most valid of economic concerns surrounding Bitcoin’s longevity: its use as a store of value. Krugman feels that since Bitcoin can’t be turned into a necklace, its value is unreal. A quick glance at the Bitcoin price charts will inform you that Bitcoin has not done well as a store of value over the course of this year. In fact, since Krugman’s last article, the price has dropped significantly (a fact that Krugman was quick to point out in his most recent article). However, as time goes on, we are seeing that Bitcoin’s price is becoming more and more stable. Obviously, in this nascent state, Bitcoin is still volatile and will manifest its other monetary features (medium of exchange) prior to becoming a good store of value. While Krugman’s concern is valid and a welcomed sobering opinion to consider for Bitcoin enthusiasts that have zero economics training, calling Bitcoin a Long Cryptocon is one stretch too many.”

Read More:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/paul-krugman-ignorantly-calls-bitcoin-long-cryptocon/

Forbes – 7-14-2014
Is Paul Krugman Leaving Princeton In Quiet Disgrace?

“…… Volcker is right. “The responsibility of any central bank is price stability.” Krugman is wrong.
Prof. Krugman was indicted and flogged publicly by Niall Ferguson. Krugman thereafter announced his departure from Princeton.  On his way out Krugman, it appears, was reprimanded by Paul Volcker.  Krugman has been a disgrace to Princeton.  Is he leaving Princeton in quiet disgrace?”
Read more:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2014/07/14/is-paul-krugman-leaving-princeton-in-quiet-disgrace/
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:14:38 PM

Smiley

same to you all the stakeholders.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:33:30 PM

Well, top banker Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP Morgan Chase just made a very interesting statement …. “(Bitcoin developers) Are going to try to eat our lunch, and that’s fine……That’s called competition, and we’ll be competing.”
……   Dimon has made previous comments about Bitcoin, calling it “a terrible store of value” yet last year.

But what if there is Bitcoin like currency, such as DNotes, with an “excellent store of value.” Do you think the bankers will give us a little more respect?

We know that there are many challenges confronting our industry. As a whole it is too complex and confusing. It seems that most people of power and leadership position lack sufficient understanding of the technology and true usefulness of Bitcoin or digital currency.

DNotes must stay the course by keeping things simple and set our target on those that are not currently part of our industry. Our large family of CR.I.S.Ps. (Cryptocurrency Investment Saving Plans) are designed to do just that.

Read more:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/banking-elite-meet-washington-discuss-bitcoin-threat/

BANKING ELITE MEET IN WASHINGTON TO DISCUSS BITCOIN THREAT

The Institute of International Finance held its annual membership meeting in Washington this past weekend, and banking elite from all over the world convened to discuss many topics.  The newest topic of discussion at this year’s meeting, one that had eluded them in previous years, was a threat to traditional banking embodied by Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies.  What should banking “do” about a Bitcoin threat?  What can they do about it?
How to handle the Bitcoin threat
Jamie Dimon is the CEO of JP Morgan Chase.  JPMorgan Chase is the leading U.S. bank in domestic assets under management, market capitalization value, and traded stock value. JPMorgan Chase is the No. 1 credit card provider in the U.S.. Here is what he had to say about Bitcoin and its impact on the banking industry.
“(Bitcoin developers) Are going to try to eat our lunch, and that’s fine……That’s called competition, and we’ll be competing.”
Dimon has made previous comments about Bitcoin, calling it “a terrible store of value”.yet last year …….

……… Traditional banking has not found a way to extend credit or financial trade mechanisms to the “unbanked” over the last century. The numbers of which have grown to at least 2.5 Billion worldwide, according to the most recent numbers from The World Bank.”
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:58:56 PM

Smiley

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian DNotes stakeholders and friends!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: