Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:51:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
BeardedCouncil

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:43:06 PM

As I've been extremely busy lately, I have been avoiding the recent drama/nonsense in here. The more it spiraled, the less sufficient my intended responses would become. It's easy to see why it remains so difficult for the rest of the world to take crypto-currency seriously. I haven't read through the majority but I have received a number of reports. As laughable (and downright senseless) as this may have become, I have chosen to get my attorney and the authorities involved in some capacity.

Hey bholzer, good to see you're still with us, even if it is in a 'sick of this crap' capacity.

Can you understand why those not 'in the know' might be frustrated? It's certainly no cause to be accusatory but the frustration has lead to predictable investigation, and when something is reasonably suggested (regardless of it's true legitimacy) the wisest option might have been to communicate (from anyone in the know).

Why my involvement with OctoCoin and my recent (not even secretive) collaboration to help save the project (and my large investment in it) is grounds for cyber stalking, harassment, and childish character assassination is beyond me... but that is the logic we are unfortunately dealing with. If there is one thing crypto people have proven time and time again, it's that they're great at tearing things down.

What is/was your 'not even secretive' collaboration? I (and I don't think many others) were even aware of a problem other than the double spend issue at Bittrex. If the coin has been suffering wider issues (other than the lack of progress) they are still relatively secretive. The Devs posts allude to work needing to be done and it being difficult but and no point have they suggested they may need help. If you were aware of their need for help that puts you in a privileged position while everyone else just twiddles their thumbs.

To be fair to 'crypto people' in the case of OctoCoin there is very little to tear down as of yet. The double spend was not as a result of the community but coding. The frustration people have faced obviously manifests differently, some get angry/ranty/accusatory others despair/give up and others seek answers. With any grouping of people on the internet there will be people who take an immature approach (ever seen youtube, twitter or facebook?)

So roll up your "Jump to Conclusions" mats because statements will be made soon. Bad timing for everything but I suppose it's time to reevaluate things. For those in the know, I still intend to follow through on my part of everything while doing whatever possible to separate myself, my family, and my ventures (both crypto-related and otherwise) from this forum and most (certainly not all) of the people in this thread. This is nuts, guys. What a bummer this has degraded into.

Nothing is really in the public domain other than 1) the devs have not communicated since their last update circa 6 weeks ago and 2) the coin has been disabled on Bittrex and the devs hadn't contacted Richie. There is no information for anyone to work with. Other than you and the Devs who else is "in the know"? And what was the requirement to be so? Because everyone here regardless of scale was an investor and kinda deserved to know what was going on, not just a handful of investors. if the coin was struggling letting us know would have given the opportunity to help out. I'm not suggesting it was your call to make, just that whoever made the call could have made it better :-(

Text in bold is my own. It was only 'bolded' to seperate it from bholzers, not for any 'impact'

langvad

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:14:57 PM

As I've been extremely busy lately, I have been avoiding the recent drama/nonsense in here. The more it spiraled, the less sufficient my intended responses would become. It's easy to see why it remains so difficult for the rest of the world to take crypto-currency seriously. I haven't read through the majority but I have received a number of reports. As laughable (and downright senseless) as this may have become, I have chosen to get my attorney and the authorities involved in some capacity.

Hey bholzer, good to see you're still with us, even if it is in a 'sick of this crap' capacity.

Can you understand why those not 'in the know' might be frustrated? It's certainly no cause to be accusatory but the frustration has lead to predictable investigation, and when something is reasonably suggested (regardless of it's true legitimacy) the wisest option might have been to communicate (from anyone in the know).

Why my involvement with OctoCoin and my recent (not even secretive) collaboration to help save the project (and my large investment in it) is grounds for cyber stalking, harassment, and childish character assassination is beyond me... but that is the logic we are unfortunately dealing with. If there is one thing crypto people have proven time and time again, it's that they're great at tearing things down.

What is/was your 'not even secretive' collaboration? I (and I don't think many others) were even aware of a problem other than the double spend issue at Bittrex. If the coin has been suffering wider issues (other than the lack of progress) they are still relatively secretive. The Devs posts allude to work needing to be done and it being difficult but and no point have they suggested they may need help. If you were aware of their need for help that puts you in a privileged position while everyone else just twiddles their thumbs.

To be fair to 'crypto people' in the case of OctoCoin there is very little to tear down as of yet. The double spend was not as a result of the community but coding. The frustration people have faced obviously manifests differently, some get angry/ranty/accusatory others despair/give up and others seek answers. With any grouping of people on the internet there will be people who take an immature approach (ever seen youtube, twitter or facebook?)

So roll up your "Jump to Conclusions" mats because statements will be made soon. Bad timing for everything but I suppose it's time to reevaluate things. For those in the know, I still intend to follow through on my part of everything while doing whatever possible to separate myself, my family, and my ventures (both crypto-related and otherwise) from this forum and most (certainly not all) of the people in this thread. This is nuts, guys. What a bummer this has degraded into.

Nothing is really in the public domain other than 1) the devs have not communicated since their last update circa 6 weeks ago and 2) the coin has been disabled on Bittrex and the devs hadn't contacted Richie. There is no information for anyone to work with. Other than you and the Devs who else is "in the know"? And what was the requirement to be so? Because everyone here regardless of scale was an investor and kinda deserved to know what was going on, not just a handful of investors. if the coin was struggling letting us know would have given the opportunity to help out. I'm not suggesting it was your call to make, just that whoever made the call could have made it better :-(

Text in bold is my own. It was only 'bolded' to seperate it from bholzers, not for any 'impact'

At least if they(dev)/him (Bholzer) could get it on an exchange again! Anyway my mind is made up, if I get the opportunity I will sell my 500k!
LeFiste

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:02:46 PM

Not talking to us investors/gamblers/whatever is childish/unprofessional behaviour too...1 single post every week or so could have kept this community calm and excited...'proven entrepreneurs' don't act like that. That's also a problem why crypto isn't taken serious in the business world. Too many promises which aren't kept.

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:58:39 PM

Not talking to us investors/gamblers/whatever is childish/unprofessional behaviour too...1 single post every week or so could have kept this community calm and excited...'proven entrepreneurs' don't act like that. That's also a problem why crypto isn't taken serious in the business world. Too many promises which aren't kept.

and scam artists

bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 11:07:45 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 11:18:35 PM by bholzer

I have been advised to just make a post in here and see where the discussion goes before escalating the situation or even attempting to have this thread taken down (which I certainly wouldn't want).

This is the last post I'm going to make here personally until everything clears up/improves... but for those of you who are understandably/legitimately panicked and not just going full Grassy Knoll here... I felt it was important to brief you on the situation. A small piece of the original dev team, all of the code that has been written, and a shred of 888 passion among us still exists. Most (if not all) of the original dev team would certainly get involved again if the situation improved considerably. Like most people, I have several other priorities right now but I will personally be putting the finishing touches on the new wallet as soon as possible and then ensuring that 888 it at least back and trading on Bittrex. Several developers, including myself and the developer of another (fairly prominent) altcoin, have gone through the code and there is nothing there that could specifically cause issues with OctoCoin payouts. Regardless, some issue apparently popped up exclusive to Bittrex (after months without incident despite the same code being used) and, as a result, the new wallet will be 100% from scratch.

Once a new wallet is released and things are stabilized, hopefully things will begin moving in the right direction again. Nobody pulled the plug on this project - the wind was taken out of altcoin sails, the people with the checkbooks became less interested, the community grew impatient and demanding while only a select few did anything to contribute, and people had lives they needed to get back to. Unfortunately, businesses fail. Fortunately, worst-case scenario we can open source everything that has been done and through a community effort build something good in the crypto-world (even if that would make it no longer exclusive to OctoCoin... surely it would increase exposure considerably and help it to stand out from the wasteland of failed altcoins and crap).

Being a crypto developer is a thankless nightmare - I received death threats when Bill Murray didn't officially endorse Murraycoin (a promise I never even made - I was 100% transparent the entire time) - it's truly a bummer. People want to get rich quick and very few people are willing to put any effort into it. I was lucky enough to get Brian on board with Murraycoin because he is kicking ass and taking names getting the word out and putting an amazing level of effort into pushing it to the next level. Honestly, just creating awareness is half the battle. Every time I decide to get involved in a crypto project to bail everybody out I regret it. Things take time and talented people are in-demand and busy. There isn't a lot of money in this market right now - I'm staying minimally involved with bitcoin, Murraycoin, and 888 - and while I fully intend to increase my involvement in the near future, I simply have other priorities at this moment.

People wonder why I don't post or don't respond to PMs - I get dozens and dozens of private messages every week and, frankly, most people suck. Everything has been hammered across the altcoin board and this is a volatile, hostile environment that I personally grew tired of being involved with. This is not a lucrative position to be in. The original OctoCoin dev team still holds all of the premine/etc. I have over 2,000,000 OctoCoins personally - there is financial incentive to move this thing forward, of course, but from the minute I was officially contracted to assist with this project I have suggested we distance ourselves from this place (bitcointalk) as much as possible. There are some great people here and I've had some great conversations with many of them over my time here but, for the most part, it's a bunch of greedy kids with bad attitudes and it's certainly no place to grow roots for a business. Most of you have no idea how a business works - let alone attempting work/life balance - I have a family, friends, a very demanding job, and I got into crypto-currency because it was a fun hobby! Yes I was hoping to make a profit - who wouldn't? As soon as it stopped being fun, I started losing motivation. Very few good developers hang around long in this world because everybody wants instant gratification - they will tear everything down if it isn't built fast enough for them. They see dollar signs and those dollar signs quickly turn into blind rage - it's insane. I will have no part of it. I'm obviously sticking with the projects I have committed to but they will progress at my pace and information will be broadcast 1-way in a new venue. You guys can sit in here tearing yourselves apart if you think that is the best way to get things back on track but I refuse to get involved. When I saw the direction things were going, I shook my head and got back to my life. Like I said, when I can put together an organized timeline and make an official statement on things I'm happy to do it but I've worked my ass off for you guys in so many ways you'll never understand and I've lost thousands of dollars in the process.

So the show goes on... and I will continue to help move things forward behind-the-scenes... but on my own terms. Keep in mind, Murraycoin has been my project from the start and OctoCoin simply became something I got involved (or over my head?) in so Murraycoin takes priority. I'm not bailing this thing out on my own - we have real developers involved but we need some decent people to supplement things because this cannot be a full-time job for any of us (and it's looking like it never will be). The only winners in this market right now are the ones who create scams and hide behind false identities. I never once hid who I was because I am an honest person with good intentions. I don't regret getting involved in this project but I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me sad to see how this is unfolding. I'm not going to lie - my primary motivation was to protect my investment - but I honestly do care about ensuring the integrity of OctoCoin as much as possible while also protecting the investments of people in this with me.

As for the people harassing my elderly parents who called me yesterday, a police report has been filed. Obviously there isn't a lot that can be done if calls are coming from outside the US but every single incident will be reported to the authorities (I can't believe this is happening - it's beyond pathetic). Over the following few weeks, I will reach out to a number of you to get you inside the inner-circle and involved in our Slack discussions. There is a lot of positive stuff happening despite what's going on over here because we have literally been ignoring it once it degraded into 5th grade recess. If you don't hear from me within 3 weeks and feel you were unfairly overlooked, shoot me a PM and I will review your history. Perhaps we can appoint some people to be the messengers/etc but I'm done with this forum. I work 18 hours/day and sleep 3 hours/night - I've been on this planet for 31 years and the only death threats I have ever received have been from crypto-currency people. Maybe someday I'll finally learn how foolish it is to offer my help when it's needed. Maybe someday I'll learn that nothing that involves strangers on the Internet is ever going to be a fun hobby. Regardless, this entire situation is bullshit. An adult venue is required with constructive input and people willing to do their part if we're going to get this thing on track. We need people who understand marketing, allure, possess common sense, and are willing to put in at least some effort. You guys are like one giant wrecking ball.

To summarize: we'll get there... but I'm done with this forum.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
wtf_wtf

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:08:43 AM

Whoever called your parents, that’s terrible. There’s no place for that anywhere. Disgusting.

The rest of your post sheds some light on the last couple months, which is interesting. I just joined the forum but I’ve been following Octocoin with great interest for months, and I want to respond to one part. Why people haven’t done more to contribute.

Were we supposed to contribute? Did anyone ask us to? I don’t recall being asked by the developers. If they wanted us to, they should have.

But even if they had, I am not sure I would have.

Personally, while I was excited about Octocoin, I haven’t told anyone about it, because I never knew enough to confidently recommend they get involved. I was willing to risk a little of my own money, but it would have been embarrassing to admit to others I had spent money on this extremely secretive gamble.

Someone suggested compiling a list for the alliance of angels of all the developer promises that have been made and not kept. I laughed at that. Looking at the list, I’d be ashamed to have believed in Octocoin for as long as i did. No one in their right mind would.

But posts like yours here bring me back to thinking Octocoin IS something different. That’s why Octocoin interested me in the first place.

I guess, in sum,

thank you for your hard work. I could never do anything like it, so thank you. I hope it continues because some of the discussed features around octocoin were pretty great and I hope they are released.

I hope you or the developers can give us more concrete proof that octocoin is more than a fantasy. I don’t feel bad about (politely) emailing alliance of angels to try to get to the bottom of things. I couldn’t take things on faith any more. I hope I don’t have to going forward.
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 12:21:26 AM

Yi-Jian Ngo
1:48 AM (8 hours ago)

to me
Kris, I really appreciate you taking the time to share this info. I’m going to consult with a board member of the Bitcoin Foundation on appropriate next steps. Thanks again!

cheers
Yi-Jian

Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 7:34 PM
To: Yi-Jian Ngo
Subject: Re: [Contact Form] From Kris

wow that's incredible. a flutter of hope in these dire times?

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 12:42:11 AM

I would put more hope on Bholzer or the devs or a partial team completing the project or a community takeover if needed. (Which according to Bholzer's posts may not be needed.)

As for the Bitcoin Foundation.. psht. You think anyone there cares about any altcoin projects? No, according to them sidechains are the future. Did it really shed any light on anything? All we know is that guy doesn't have any knowledge of the project. Nobody here still knows 100% what is going on which is sad because that was my intent for being involved in the conversation.

Does the conflicting statements put some pressure on Bholzer and the dev team to clarify and be more transparent? Yes, in some aspects.

Like I stated before: I don't know what the answers are based on the data and this isn't a witchhunt or a slander towards them.

It was a community trying to figure out what is going on when people disappeared (maybe for good reason.)

Whois showed data and people went with what they saw. I do not believe there is anything wrong with researching trying to find out if a claim is made that someone is backing a project or buying the mining pool.

As for anyone who would use violence or threats against anyone or their families, I do not condone that at all. Here's a hint if it happened: grow up and don't be a douche.

I have PM'd Bholzer and let him know where I stand on the  issue.

As for the other devs, a little transparency and communication could have avoided much of this. I understand the crypto world and people in it aren't all angels and what you do is not an easy task. But take the proper steps to keep the community on point and engaged. Specially when many people here have a financial and time stake in the success of these types of projects.

Just because the head of AoA doesn't know anything about this and we don't understand why the octohub registration says what it says doesn't automatically mean it's a scam or not legit. Like I said we just don't have all the data to prove one way or another. There are many people in AoA and maybe it was someone involved with AoA that was doing this on the side. My intent was to get Bholzer or the devs to at least show back up and explain

My hope is that the project keeps moving forward so that it leads to something good for all involved including the devs and the community. That takes a lot more than what we've seen so far. But that doesn't mean that it can't be done.

Nonetheless, I posted what I felt was part of a conversation that had been started and I believe it needed to be said so the people here can have the least amount of worry in what they put their time and money into.

Good luck with whatever this is and whoever is really running it. I'm always available to talk and help however I can.

People know how to get ahold of me. And as always I will be here watching and hoping something good still comes of this.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 12:45:46 AM

On the brighter side of the moon:Last time SR got busted Bitcoin took off. SR 2.0 is done and it's going to be interesting to see how that affects the price of BTC and the overall context of crypto.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 01:21:48 AM

@beardedcouncel

well said. i think you sum up a lot of what we all feel rationally and without attacking someone.

SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:28:16 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 09:40:08 AM by SquidsIn

It never ceases to amaze me how often people claim to have received death threats through their internet presence if it truly happens at all let alone with the regularity it seems to then its disgusting and my faith in the human race, as somebody already quite misanthropic, takes yet another dent.  In my experience this has been one of the calmest, most rational backwaters of this forum and it is solely down to whoever is behind Octocoin for squandering that.  I see no reason to be walking away from the people here, all I've seen is genuine supporters asking questions in a relatively calm and rational manner given their losses.  Have the death threats come from members of this forum through the forum?  If so then I can understand the need to leave the place be.

Incidentally, assuming I am one of the "childish" people referred to, this child is 45 years old and runs a global business with a turnover in the £millions.  I built all of that AFTER hitting rock bottom in my 30's after a life changing personal tragedy (losing a child to cot death after I settled him down so I could put in a few extra hours work one weekend morning) and being made bankrupt a year later.  I dragged myself off the floor because I had 6 other children and a broken wife to support so I won't be preached to about having no understanding of business, sacrifice, commitment and work/life balance.  Anybody else who truly knows the meaning of those things has my utmost respect.  However, that respect doesn't mean that I don't want answers when something I've poured a lot of money into just suddenly self implodes.  EDIT: I also fully understand given the nature of crypto that I have no right to expect those answers but it won't stop me asking the questions.

Unfortunately we're still left with no explanation for the domain registration and the links between bholzer, FusionHash, Octocoin and AoA.  It seems that there is willingness to pick up the threads and keep Octocoin alive so the good news here is that as soon as all that ambiguity and confusion is cleared up everybody can make rational informed decisions about whether or not they continue to buy, hold and support Octocoin.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:09:47 AM

this was a great coin with lots of talent backing it
bit sad to see it in this state Sad

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:20:22 AM

FOR SALE: 1 million x 888

Going dirt cheap for the tiny sum of only 10 BTC donated to a charity of your choice (evidence required). Believers step up.
lucky number ,
good luck for selling in present state.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
SquidsIn

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:35:07 AM

Going dirt cheap for the tiny sum of only 10 BTC donated to a charity of your choice (evidence required). Believers step up.
lucky number ,

It was a tongue in cheek post.  I don't expect any takers.  Giving them away to a worthy cause is just about the only thing that would cause me to release my Octo at this current juncture.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:39:30 AM

lucky number ,

It was a tongue in cheek post.  I don't expect any takers.  Giving them away to a worthy cause is just about the only thing that would cause me to release my Octo at this current juncture.

Give them to www.cryptoforkids.com
We'll sit on them until this is straightened out!!!

SquidsIn

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:56:57 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 01:39:33 PM by SquidsIn

lucky number ,

It was a tongue in cheek post.  I don't expect any takers.  Giving them away to a worthy cause is just about the only thing that would cause me to release my Octo at this current juncture.

To be honest I wanted to ensure I was donating something of value BEFORE I parted with the Octo, hence the offer to sell them at a higher than market price to somebody who still believes in Octo.  I wanted the recipient to get the Octo and the charity to get FIAT or at least BTC.

Also, although I did flippantly (under the influence of a glass or two of red) say a charity of your choice I didn't actually expect to get any takers and hadn't considered the ramifications of that sweeping statement.  In short, and with the greatest of respect, I'm sure your charity is a great cause but it's rather localised to a specific charity in the US and I'm not US based.  I also have a pre-disposition to cot death charities.

However, all of that said, if you send me some evidence that Crypto for Kids is a genuine and registered charity (in the UK charitable bodies have to be legally registered, I'm not sure of the rules in the US?) I will gladly send over 100k 888 to that address as a gesture of good will.  I'm assuming the blockchain is moving again now?

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, I'm not going to make you jump through hoops for something that currently has very little value, let's instill a little more trust around here.  100k 888 sent;

Date: 07/11/2014 13:37
To: 8QzqzDN6Bf1Spiz6S1uDf1huSPa2J3tWBj
Debit: -100000.00 888
Transaction fee: -0.01 888
Net amount: -100000.01 888
Transaction ID: 2f786cb4f21d74ddba52c78842525ecf652c13f2309ccb936fd66e517d5401b2-000

madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 01:40:08 PM

lucky number ,

To be honest I wanted to ensure I was donating something of value BEFORE I parted with the Octo, hence the offer to sell them at a higher than market price to somebody who still believes in Octo.  I wanted the recipient to get the Octo and the charity to get FIAT or at least BTC.

Also, although I did flippantly (under the influence of a glass or two of red) say a charity of your choice I didn't actually expect to get any takers and hadn't considered the ramifications of that sweeping statement.  In short, and with the greatest of respect, I'm sure your charity is a great cause but it's rather localised to a specific charity in the US and I'm not US based.  I also have a pre-disposition to cot death charities.

However, all of that said, if you send me some evidence that Crypto for Kids is a genuine and registered charity (in the UK charitable bodies have to be legally registered, I'm not sure of the rules in the US?) I will gladly send over 100k 888 to that address as a gesture of good will.  I'm assuming the blockchain is moving again now?

PM sent and saw the TX come across the screen!!  THANKS!!!!  Now to get the coin fixed!!!  Cheesy

gd100

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:56:53 PM

... I felt it was important to brief you on the situation. A small piece of the original dev team, all of the code that has been written, and a shred of 888 passion among us still exists. Most (if not all) of the original dev team would certainly get involved again if the situation improved considerably...

This means that you have long since abandoned octo project.

You are a great businessmans. Started project with big promises and then left him.
You are great devs, but nothing done. You have millions of lines of code abandoned.

@ to all octo dev teams
Why did you start crypto projects once you are not serious. You are grandiosity, but without coverage. Pressurized air. Misled us and lied to us.

We do not know anything about business. Children are malicious. What did you expect from us? What we did not do as well as you wanted?

I'm very sorry that I believed in you. I believed in the great words that do not believe ... little child.
You've failed my crypto challenge. Losses are too high for me and I can not bear them easily. I'm not rich like you. Each dollar is hard won. You mocked the money and trust us. Pissed on us. Until today I believed in you. But not anymore. You will not do anything. Perhaps only fix wallet and that's it. Arrogant and nasty liars. That's you. Psohopati! Do not you people. Have you thought about the people who hurt and disappointed? Why did you do all this?
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 03:27:44 PM

a couple things before i begin, so i won't have to address them as they detract from what's important here. anyone who calls death threats on others is a waste of life, that is entirely unexcusable behaviour. even though i fully understand the frustration that drove someone to do this, it is a deplorable thing to do. second, I hope that something happens with octo, i'd like to be optimistic. but here are the reasons why i'm not, and you know MAYBE it would be nice to have some of those concerns squashed:

I have been advised to just make a post in here and see where the discussion goes before escalating the situation or even attempting to have this thread taken down (which I certainly wouldn't want).

This is the last post I'm going to make here personally until everything clears up/improves... but for those of you who are understandably/legitimately panicked and not just going full Grassy Knoll here... I felt it was important to brief you on the situation.The situation! obviously someone is claiming to know something that none of us know about, good on you, let's hear it! A small piece of the original dev team, all of the code that has been written, and a shred of 888 passion among us still exists. Wait, US? so this means that you're claiming to be basically an octocoin dev right? i mean you seem to know intimate details about what's "left" from the octocoin project  Most (if not all) of the original dev team would certainly get involved again if the situation improved considerably. If the situation improved? so what, what situation? you haven't said anything. what is the situation? cause again i'd like to point out, other than bittrex freezing this coin, none of us have heard ANYTHING. Like most people, I have several other priorities right now but I will personally be putting the finishing touches on the new wallet as soon as possible and then ensuring that 888 it at least back and trading on Bittrex. Alright, so then you're officially a dev for the coin? not to sound like a dick, but who voted for you? or who gave the keys to you? these are serious questions. Several developers, including myself and the developer of another (fairly prominent) altcoin, have gone through the code and there is nothing there that could specifically cause issues with OctoCoin payouts. Regardless, some issue apparently popped up exclusive to Bittrex (after months without incident despite the same code being used) and, as a result, the new wallet will be 100% from scratch. Yeah, no offense, but we've about had it with getting the runaround from secretive devs. You and "some other important person" are going to rewrite the whole wallet? possibly changing the foundation of it? I do not think that you or your secret friend have earned the trust, or the right to take over. i will illustrate why in the next few paragraphs.

Once a new wallet is released and things are stabilized, hopefully things will begin moving in the right direction again. Nobody pulled the plug on this project - the wind was taken out of altcoin sails, the people with the checkbooks became less interested, This is the first anyone is hearing about this, last we heard everything was gung ho! you remember the impending releases? you remember the las vegas party in march that's "still on"? the community grew impatient and demanding while only a select few did anything to contribute, WOW okay there bud, this won't fly at all. the community became impatient? what after 6 months of holding hands and singing kumbaya? no one did anything to contribute, have you READ all of the rainbows and sunshine that was the first 150 pages of this thread? what gall to claim otherwise. perhaps it's ignorance as you've honestly not read any of it, i'd believe that. and people had lives they needed to get back to. Unfortunately, businesses fail. Yes, they fail without warning, and then flee in the night before anyone notices they were gone, you know "professionals". And i'd still love to know what "business" was being run here exactly, because again, there hasn't been one lick of proof about anything with this coin. Fortunately, worst-case scenario we can open source everything that has been done and through a community effort build something good in the crypto-world (even if that would make it no longer exclusive to OctoCoin... surely it would increase exposure considerably and help it to stand out from the wasteland of failed altcoins and crap).

Being a crypto developer is a thankless nightmare - I received death threats when Bill Murray didn't officially endorse Murraycoin (a promise I never even made - I was 100% transparent the entire time) - it's truly a bummer. People want to get rich quick and very few people are willing to put any effort into it. Wait, i thought this was a business run by professionals, so who exactly isn't "willing to put any effort into it?" last i checked this coin had an army of loyal soldiers at it's back for half a year. And again, you can stop trying to paint us like impatient children, 6 months of bliss, infact quite the opposite of the reality you're fantasizing. I was lucky enough to get Brian on board with Murraycoin because he is kicking ass and taking names getting the word out and putting an amazing level of effort into pushing it to the next level. Honestly, just creating awareness is half the battle. Every time I decide to get involved in a crypto project to bail everybody out I regret it. Things take time and talented people are in-demand and busy. There isn't a lot of money in this market right now - I'm staying minimally involved with bitcoin, Murraycoin, and 888 - and while I fully intend to increase my involvement in the near future, I simply have other priorities at this moment. So are you an investor like all of us? or are you a dev?

People wonder why I don't post or don't respond to PMs Buddy, you haven't responded to one question of merit that i've seen so far, why you do this i'll never know, but i do know what you've been doing, is actively avoiding any questions put to you, forget? i'll give you a refresher: What is your relation to the devs, what "situation" happened that everyone left without any of us being notified, what is your association with the Alliance of Angels who claim to have never heard of you, and most importantly, what were your multiple conference calls with the "octocoin devs" about? cause again, we've been given nothing, and now you're attacking us for being so needy. - I get dozens and dozens of private messages every week and, frankly, most people suck. Everything has been hammered across the altcoin board and this is a volatile, hostile environment that I personally grew tired of being involved with. This is not a lucrative position to be in. The original OctoCoin dev team still holds all of the premine/etc. I have over 2,000,000 OctoCoins personally - there is financial incentive to move this thing forward, of course, but from the minute I was officially contracted to assist with this project Really? this is news to everyone here. so you've been on for several months? or they passed the torch to you as they were abandoning ship? because in the latter case you knowing that the project is dissolving without telling anyone is fucking awful, and if this was a regulated market you'd be in jail because if it. I have suggested we distance ourselves from this place (bitcointalk) as much as possible. Yeah, distance yourself from the army of loving community members who go to bat for this coin at every opportunity (before it was apparent that we'd all just been scammed that is), and who have asked so little from the devs, that octocoin has been getting away with showing us nothing, zilch, nada since it launched, and we defend it still. There are some great people here and I've had some great conversations with many of them over my time here but, for the most part, it's a bunch of greedy kids with bad attitudes and it's certainly no place to grow roots for a business. You're kidding me right? you're really good at twisting facts and logic around your pre-determined narritive, i think you missed your calling, fox news could be hiring. Most of you have no idea how a business works Yeah i know how a business works, ask people to pre-order your product, then string them along with an elaborate series of promises without EVER showing ANYTHING, and then leave in the middle of the night. you know: "business". - let alone attempting work/life balance - I have a family, friends, a very demanding job, Nobody else has any sort of balance they have to worry about in their life, it's actually just you, thanks again for talking down to us like we're simpletons. gee you mean you have a job AND a family? *does triple take* and I got into crypto-currency because it was a fun hobby! Yes I was hoping to make a profit - who wouldn't? As soon as it stopped being fun, I started losing motivation. I think you mean it stopped becoming fun for you once everyone else started to realise what you'd obviously known for a while, that octocoin was circling the drain. Very few good developers hang around long in this world because everybody wants instant gratification - they will tear everything down if it isn't built fast enough for them. You're just embarrassing yourself at this point, what is this the 4th time you've alluded to us as spoiled children? 6 MONTHS IS A FUCKING ETERNITY IN CRYPTO, WE GOT NOTHING, AND WE DID NOTHING BUT SMILE. They see dollar signs and those dollar signs quickly turn into blind rage - it's insane. you're insane, you're fantasizing an alternate reality. I will have no part of it. Except be the dev/a dev/some important guy shhh hush hush "person in the know" I'm obviously sticking with the projects I have committed to but they will progress at my pace and information will be broadcast 1-way in a new venue. You guys can sit in here tearing yourselves apart if you think that is the best way to get things back on track but I refuse to get involved.we're not tearing ourselves apart, all we want is a select few answers from you. you've answered none of them, then acted like you're above doing so because of the fallout from you avoiding all questioning. you act gentry but just because you're wearing a monocle and going "HARUMPS, WELL I NEVER!" don't make you a gentleman. you can cut the act. When I saw the direction things were going, I shook my head and got back to my life. You mean when you noticed that we were catching onto the fact that there probably hasn't been an active octocoin dev for months, you knew what was happening, but you said nothing and left. VERY gentlemanly.  Like I said, when I can put together an organized timeline and make an official statement on things I'm happy to do it but I've worked my ass off for you guys in so many ways you'll never understand again, heresay, no proof, no anything, just lip service, we should be thanking you? for WHAT? MAKE US UNDERSTAND! TELL US ONE THING. and I've lost thousands of dollars in the process.

So the show goes on... and I will continue to help move things forward behind-the-scenes... but on my own terms. so you'll be some kind of secretive behind the scenes player who tells the investors nothing? gotcha, sounds new. Keep in mind, Murraycoin has been my project from the start and OctoCoin simply became something I got involved (or over my head?) in so Murraycoin takes priority. I'm not bailing this thing out on my own - we have real developers involved Who? you know something? spill it.  but we need some decent people to supplement things because this cannot be a full-time job for any of us (and it's looking like it never will be). The only winners in this market right now are the ones who create scams and hide behind false identities. zzzzzzzz, thanks for the crypto lesson, we had not idea this was a thing. I never once hid who I was because I am an honest person with good intentions. if you're an honest person, then answer the questions that hve been put to you, if you have good intentions, then answer the questions that have been put to you I don't regret getting involved in this project but I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me sad to see how this is unfolding. I'm not going to lie - my primary motivation was to protect my investment - but I honestly do care about ensuring the integrity of OctoCoin as much as possible while also protecting the investments of people in this with me.

As for the people harassing my elderly parents who called me yesterday, a police report has been filed. Obviously there isn't a lot that can be done if calls are coming from outside the US but every single incident will be reported to the authorities (I can't believe this is happening - it's beyond pathetic). Over the following few weeks, I will reach out to a number of you to get you inside the inner-circle and involved in our Slack discussions. ENOUGH! no more inner-circle bullshit, none of us are buying it. we've heard this same rhetoric for 8 months now. tell us something, or don't. but stop pretending that the right way forward is more secretive behind-the-scenes nonsense.There is a lot of positive stuff happening despite what's going on over here because we have literally been ignoring it once it degraded into 5th grade recess. 5th time you've called us children. also WHAT IS 'ALOT OF POSITIVE STUFF' that's been happening??? oh man, if only i was apart of the 'inner-circle' cause THEN i'd know the REAL truth lol If you don't hear from me within 3 weeks and feel you were unfairly overlooked, shoot me a PM and I will review your history. Perhaps we can appoint some people to be the messengers/etc but I'm done with this forum. I work 18 hours/day and sleep 3 hours/night - I've been on this planet for 31 years and the only death threats I have ever received have been from crypto-currency people. Maybe someday I'll finally learn how foolish it is to offer my help when it's needed. Maybe someday I'll learn that nothing that involves strangers on the Internet is ever going to be a fun hobby. Regardless, this entire situation is bullshit. An adult venue is required with constructive input and people willing to do their part if we're going to get this thing on track. Maybe it should start with you acting like an adult and addressing the questions and concerns that you've purposely avoided? how can you call for a "return to civility" when you won't be civil with us? We need people who understand marketing, allure, possess common sense, and are willing to put in at least some effort. You guys are like one giant wrecking ball. whoa this guy loves heaping on the compliments, seems like you're very interested in focusing blame on us, you know the people who know nothing, and have no power or control over any of this. yeah, it's our fault.

To summarize: we'll get there... but I'm done with this forum.

to summarize:

What is your relation to the devs, what "situation" happened that everyone left without any of us being notified, what is your association with the Alliance of Angels who claim to have never heard of you, and most importantly, what were your multiple conference calls with the "octocoin devs" about?

and as a bonus question, how long did you know about the imminent collapse of octocoin whole telling no one?

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
langvad

Activity: 159

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:49:45 PM

Agree 100% here with djslick! If the devs were legit, why not write in this forum what was wrong and what had happened??

I have invested in Nautiluscoin too, and I am much more calm in regards to Brian Kelly and what he is trying to do, as he has done alot of work and thoughts on "his" coin. I think if people here in the 888 community got some knowledge instead of being called childish and so on, then there wouldn´t be all this! I am not rich either so it would have been nice to get some info on plans and setbacks etc. The word scammers comes to mind to people in here, because of lack of giving us something to believe in, which is the devs responsibility as I see it.
I said it before and I will say it again, as soon as this gets on bittrex again (if ever) I am out with my 500k, maybe just maybe I will keep 100k, just to see if by any chance it could get reversed and something good could happen.
What bholzer wrote, did not secure my thoughts of this coin being a good investment, there´s a reason people in here are very sceptical and the lack of interest in us, the investors, from the devs are imo. what has driven most people to react like they/I do now:(

And of course for the record, death threats or any threats are not cool but i understand why people are frustrated though!
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: