Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297650 times)
brianbbad

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:23:55 AM

Thank you, frameLAlife. I always feel better when at least one other voice of reason speaks up.  Smiley
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 02:29:22 AM

Guys, let's take a breather. Are we sure that a *member* of Alliance of Angels didn't privately provide funding to FusionHash / Octocoin through a different route? For example, Brock Pierce is a member of dozens of Angel/VC collectives.
I appreciate that you're freaked out, I am concerned as well, but I don't think we have anything conclusive here just yet.
Do we even know who's behind octohub? Is it possible someone registered the site as such to make Brock look like a fraud?

i'm in no way saying he's a scammer. i just posted saying i'm trying to figure out all the links. to me Bholzer has been a standup dude and in no way am i attacking him.

i'm just putting out info and hoping he can give us more insight.

he was the one that posted about Alliance of Angels buying fusionhash. he was the one that had to delete posts per the Octo devs. he's the only person on this board that has claimed to have met some of the developers and been involved in conference calls and such. he's the only person that has come here and gave us somewhat of updates about Octo per conference calls besides the actual Octo devs posts.

i'm just saying with no contact or responses from the devs themselves, Bholzer is ALL we got. and it's not a bad thing. maybe he can clear some of this up or pressure the devs to respond to the community.

i'm a holder in both Octo and Murraycoin. i've always liked Bholzer and been thankful for his input. i do not want to see him smeared.. i just know the community needs some answers.

we have sat here patient for 7 months. we have even sat patiently since we went stale at Bittrex again. but at some point these questions and links have to be talked about. too many people have a lot of time and money tied up into Octo. hell Bholzer himself said he invested and purchased a ton of Octo.

i am just hoping that this leads to some positive responses from Bhozler or the Octo devs.

because if it doesn't, you have a lot of people in the community talking about where do we go from here. how about we try to figure out just where are actually at. cuz with all of this and no devs we really don't have a clue. Bhozer was our lifeline before when the devs disappeared so maybe he can be again.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 02:32:57 AM

Thank you, frameLAlife. I always feel better when at least one other voice of reason speaks up.  Smiley

brianbbad,

i have tried to be the voice of reason this whole 7 months. even when other scoff at me. in reality i thought if Octo is really backed by Alliance of Angels or angels or whatever that we may be sitting on a coin backed by legit software devs with real huge plans. we still may be. but this community has lost faith in that. i still have hope. but if they don't respond then what else are we supposed to think. it just leads to suspicions for many. we may be missing out on very important data that proves otherwise.

in the end i hope that we are all just jumping the gun and there's a very good explanation for all of this. and for all of the weird theories and crazy links. we just won't know unless we figure it out.

many of us have known some of this for awhile now and we chose not to bring it forth because we knew it wasn't 100% clear evidence. and i know i didn't say anything because i don't want  to piss off or smear anyone.

i just want answers about what the heck i have put my money in.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 02:43:26 AM

plus ANYONE can register a domain with whatever credentials you want. it doesn't mean it was legit that person. i could do it right now if i had the money and wanted to.

also from a scammers standpoint, most are not going to just change one name, they are going to use other names entirely. there is wayyy to much info about him online that led us to connect the dots. you can find all of it from a simple google search.

that's almost way to easy. scammers usually take way more precautions and are very smart about what they do to dupe people.

i cannot say that he or the Octo devs are scammers at this point. all we can say is we don't really know much besides what we have found on Google.

and what are they scamming? not like there was a heavy volume at any point for them to cash out on. if anything they were killing the volume and killing bitcoin donations to keep us off Cryptsy.

at this point there's no scam cuz nobody including them has profited from Octo that we have proof of.

i threw out a weird theory about moolah being involved since he has disappeared with all his scammer/Mintpal troubles. doesn't mean he is. just throwing stuff out there and seeing if we get a response from someone or someone else has another clue or link to what may be reality.

brianbbad

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:58:26 AM

i threw out a weird theory about moolah being involved since he has disappeared with all his scammer/Mintpal troubles. doesn't mean he is. just throwing stuff out there and seeing if we get a response from someone or someone else has another clue or link to what may be reality.

Oh wow! If Alex/Ryan is connected to Octocoin somehow, I will eat a pinecone live via video conference. ^_^
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 03:11:41 AM

Oh wow! If Alex/Ryan is connected to Octocoin somehow, I will eat a pinecone live via video conference. ^_^

lmao no shiz.

i mean there was no real connection besides the fact that moolah.io exchange had Octo listed when it was running. i also think that may have been the only exchange with a Octocoin/us dollar pairing. or it coulda been cryptoaltex. neither exchange is around now.

and octo devs disappeared about the time the news about him came out about him and Mintpal.com scam.

brianbbad

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:53:33 AM

Oh crypto... why you so loco?
#cryptoproblems
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 04:08:27 AM

word

djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 05:54:16 AM

yeah got the same response:

Hello *djslick*, thanks for your note. Brock Holzer is not a member of my
organization, nor have I had any prior contact with him. We are not
investors in, or have had any business relationship whatsoever, with
OctoCoin.

cheers
Yi-Jian

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:55:31 AM

OK, so I agree that this is all highly speculative, perhaps emotional, and that we shouldn't be accusing bholzer of wrong doing without giving him a right to reply.  I also think to use the word scam is a little tenuous since the only potential scam we're aware of is one of secretive or concealed identity which in and of itself is nothing particularly nefarious though perhaps registering the domain in the name of an organisation that has no links is slightly murkier.

I do hope the Murray Brothers charity is aware that bholzer *might* be less than an upstanding individual just in case it warrants action.  I know they are not directly affiliated but the Murraycoin promotional machine does like to play on the fact that they want to forge a closer relationship.  Maybe scenarios like this are why they are keeping their distance but merely the hint of an association can do untold damage as we see here.  And, it's one thing to "scam" a bunch of greedy speculative crypto "investors" but another thing entirely to do so and involve a charitable organisation.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:38:29 PM

This thing is atleast abandoned.

Wake the ferk up.
I just cant believe some attitudes.
Letting the whole Coin die , just because there is a small chance that it might be legit backed up by someone else ?

Only Chance i see is to prepare a well done Community Takeover during this bs.

That guy.... he aint coming back and a serious company would have atleast an eye on "their" coin.
Jezz.

LeFiste

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:49:52 PM

This thing is atleast abandoned.

Wake the ferk up.
I just cant believe some attitudes.
Letting the whole Coin die , just because there is a small chance that it might be legit backed up by someone else ?

Only Chance i see is to prepare a well done Community Takeover during this bs.

That guy.... he aint coming back and a serious company would have atleast an eye on "their" coin.
Jezz.

I agree...I've written this one off

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 04:00:03 PM

Yi-Jian Ngo
1:48 AM (8 hours ago)

to me
Kris, I really appreciate you taking the time to share this info. I’m going to consult with a board member of the Bitcoin Foundation on appropriate next steps. Thanks again!

cheers
Yi-Jian

Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 7:34 PM
To: Yi-Jian Ngo
Subject: Re: [Contact Form] From Kris

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 04:05:26 PM

why does bitcointa.lk only go through up to August 18th for Octo?

brianbbad

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:58:50 PM

I got a quick message from swainzag who is part of MRY team so we will get a response shortly.
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 06:24:42 PM

As I've been extremely busy lately, I have been avoiding the recent drama/nonsense in here. The more it spiraled, the less sufficient my intended responses would become. It's easy to see why it remains so difficult for the rest of the world to take crypto-currency seriously. I haven't read through the majority but I have received a number of reports. As laughable (and downright senseless) as this may have become, I have chosen to get my attorney and the authorities involved in some capacity.

Why my involvement with OctoCoin and my recent (not even secretive) collaboration to help save the project (and my large investment in it) is grounds for cyber stalking, harassment, and childish character assassination is beyond me... but that is the logic we are unfortunately dealing with. If there is one thing crypto people have proven time and time again, it's that they're great at tearing things down.

So roll up your "Jump to Conclusions" mats because statements will be made soon. Bad timing for everything but I suppose it's time to reevaluate things. For those in the know, I still intend to follow through on my part of everything while doing whatever possible to separate myself, my family, and my ventures (both crypto-related and otherwise) from this forum and most (certainly not all) of the people in this thread. This is nuts, guys. What a bummer this has degraded into.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
shellbunner

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:55:43 PM

Brock, I'm sorry what this has become.
It's unfortunate that people lost money, but certain people here need to stop acting like 4 year olds having a tantrum. Take your "investment" loss like a man and move on. I'm out over $20k and you don't see me going on a witchhunt. You knew what you were getting into, so suck it up.
wtf_wtf

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:06:09 PM

It sucks what this has become. But this is a public forum and we really want more information because of earlier posts in the thread.

Attacking people and harrisment are no good. Unacceptable. But I dunno. Doing research and asking for more information sounds okay to me.
SquidsIn

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:55:57 PM

The 888 devs have missed our last two calls with FusionHash... which was slightly concerning... but I just got word that they will be acquiring FusionHash and all of their assets this month for an undisclosed sum. Not sure what that will mean for the in-development Murraycoin Scrypt multipool (not that most of you are concerned about that) but I'm assuming that's good news for their proposed hash rental services as well as the Scrypt-N/X11/X13 GPU OctoCoin pool. Also, the OctoCoin crew appears to be operating under the business name "Alliance of Angels" based on the acquisition paperwork - I'm planning to dig into that a bit more to see if it answers any lingering questions as this is the first time I've seen that business name. Interesting times...

Edit: as anybody who has Googled "Alliance of Angels" has surely realized by now, this is an Angel group in Seattle (which I am aware of and simply didn't make the connection when I glanced at the paperwork today). It's possible this group, whom I believe are invested in OctoCoin, are the ones acquiring FusionHash (and not the OctoCoin team themselves). I have a lot going on and I guess I was under the impression "OctoCoin" was acquiring FusionHash and not just OctoCoin investors. Not that any of this is insanely important at this stage... but I don't want to be spreading incorrect information.

Thought I'd heard that name before, courtesy of bitcointa.lk (which keeps deleted posts)...

SquidsIn said: ↑
Devs...

It might be an idea to change the title of this thread again...

It could be interpreted as "Don't Blink, may hard fork" for anybody who doesn't know the history and that the hard fork has passed without incident. This may cause some confusion / uncertainty as to the future of Octo.
I've been staring at that subject since the day they modified it thinking the same thing Grin

Based on what I know now, something tells me if it's still there it's by design. I swim in some of the same circles as these guys (Alliance of Angels) and was also the one that connected them with FusionHash. I have personally met two of the guys and I've heard rumors regarding who a third team member is. If true, I assure you this guy wouldn't let a detail like that slip by undetected.
bholzer, Jun 21, 2014 #2423

FYI, I was asked by one of the OctoCoin devs to delete that post (which is why I deleted it at the time shortly after making it). No explanation as to why... but of course I complied.

So, bholzer, in the earliest post above you clearly state that you swim in the same circles as Alliance of Angels (who now say they have never heard of you), infer that they are backing the development team and further state that you introduced AoA to the FusionHash. In the later post you'd forgotten all about them and had just made the connection when you looked at the paperwork.  A cynic might suggest you get that selective amnesia looked at, it may trip you up one day.

On top of all this FusionHash.com shared the same IP as Octocoin.org and you are apparently down as the technical contact for the octohub.org domain registration with AoA being the registrant (which they claim is incorrect) .  In your latest post you didn't actually explicitly deny any of the wild allegations either.  it's not hard to see why some people are jumping to conclusions and thinking there's something you're withholding here.  Rightly or wrongly I made those connections myself several months ago and came to that conclusion, I just happened to believe or at least chose to believe it didn't matter because the promises would be delivered on.

Complicit or not, you also encouraged a lot of people to keep buying Octocoin, which in light of the coincidences above does at least arouse suspicion.  If you're just a genuine supporter then that's all good, that's what the rest of us here were and had been until recently but why not just put that out there instead of threatening a global forum with your lawyers?  Either way, save your money, if you were behind Octocoin you didn't make enough from it to pay for those lawyers.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
SquidsIn

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:11:17 PM

FOR SALE: 1 million x 888

Going dirt cheap for the tiny sum of only 10 BTC donated to a charity of your choice (evidence required). Believers step up.

Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: